Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,271 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? (2076 Views)

Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 / Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Will End On January 15th, 2013! / 25 Worst Passwords Of 2011 [study] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by ariy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2011
I am pretty sure almost everyone who is in the field of computer security or Forensics are aware of the Anonymous Group.
If not , then just Google about about them , you will be getting loads and loads of information about them.

They are a very powerful team of hackers who work anonymously and are responsible for hacking many big security agensies ( and much much more) across the world.
Whether they are good or bad, that’s upto you to decide on reading about them.smiley

Well now back to the news, they have left a video on YouTube stating that they are going to take down Facebook on November 5 , 2011.
Well there is no doubt about the knowledge and power of Anonymous ( They are really good at their job) , and we can’t even doubt the potential and intelligence of the Facebook team.
Well Who wins the battle is hard to predict.

Till then, have a look at the video anonymous left on youtube and do post your comments stating what you think about this.

I am pretty sure almost everyone who is in the field of computer security or Forensics are aware of the Anonymous Group.
If not , then just Google about about them , you will be getting loads and loads of information about them.

They are a very powerful team of hackers who work anonymously and are responsible for hacking many big security agensies ( and much much more) across the world.
Whether they are good or bad, that’s upto you to decide on reading about them.smiley

Well now back to the news, they have left a video on YouTube stating that they are going to take down Facebook on November 5 , 2011.
Well there is no doubt about the knowledge and power of Anonymous ( They are really good at their job) , and we can’t even doubt the potential and intelligence of the Facebook team.

Till then, have a look at the video anonymous left on youtube and do post your comments stating what you think about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXLxiMemYc0
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by ariy(m): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
they should have done that if they can instead of getting people attention before doing it.
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
if you've worked on a facebook app, you'll probably have a sense of how weak facebook is with security
the roll out features that are not FULLY tested
next they send you an email that we have fix this and that bug that allows apps show wrong numbers of this and that.
no one is perfect but i THINK facebook will be off on November 5th. maybe temporarily
FBI, NASA etc takes time and money to employ some of the best and yet they always discover, they've been hacked.
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by guru01(m): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
One thing is to develop a good web application, another is to protect your web application.
Why is web application easily hack?
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by yawatide(f): 6:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
guru01:
Because apps are created by human beings. As long as humans are flawed, so will web apps created by them.

Bear in mind, no web app is 100% secure. An app is only as secure as we make it at a given time, that is, until a flaw is uncovered. In other words, at best, you can only mitigate security threats/risks, as opposed to eliminating them.
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by bros1234(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
Guys, dont worry. nothing will happen to facebook. The fact is that the more a threat threatens, the weaker he becomes. So dont mind that rubish.
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by Slyr0x: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
bros1234:

Guys, dont worry. nothing will happen to facebook. The fact is that the more a threat threatens, the weaker he becomes. So dont mind that rubish.

I laff in spanish.

Seems you have no idea who/what anonymous is. .

Look up the following #Ops. Operations Payback, Avenge Assange, and Bradical etc.

"Operation Payback changed its focus to support WikiLeaks and launched DDoS attacks against Amazon, PayPal, MasterCard, Visa and the Swiss bank PostFinance, in retaliation for perceived anti-WikiLeaks behavior". .

And these people are successful in carrying out such attacks NOT 'cos they're good, buh 'cos "They are Legion". With the use of ddos attacks (thanks to slowloris.pl cheesy), they can bring down ANY site they wish too. .Facebook aint an exception!
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by mobile16(m): 2:48am On Sep 02, 2011
That was just a crap. No one can end facebook yet, its the most powerful site now.
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by bros1234(m): 3:40am On Sep 02, 2011
Slyr0x:

I laff in spanish.

Look up the following #Ops. Operations Payback, Avenge Assange, and Bradical etc.

"Operation Payback changed its focus to support WikiLeaks and launched DDoS attacks against Amazon, PayPal, MasterCard, Visa and the Swiss bank PostFinance, in retaliation for perceived anti-WikiLeaks behavior". .

And these people are successful in carrying out such attacks NOT 'cos they're good, buh 'cos "They are Legion". With the use of ddos attacks (thanks to slowloris.pl cheesy), they can bring down ANY site they wish too. .Facebook aint an exception!

So how many of these popular sites have they brought down forever? What happens when you bring someone down and he rises againg, bigger and better? See, they can be whatever, they will not end facebook. That I sure of.
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by ariy(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2011
bros1234:

they can bring facebook down. do u remember sony network this year? it was down close to a month
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by guru01(m): 3:24am On Sep 04, 2011
Even if facebook has to be down for 7days, do you know what it means to their business?
They will loose lots of memebers, and clients.
Am suspecting G+ for this grin grin grin
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2011
Slyr0x:

I laff in spanish.

i believe anti-DDOS filtering tricks exists
something tells me i need to null my advertiser account details on facebook.
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by mukina6: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2011
This is a tough thing mehn. . . but i feel somehow that facebook will survive
Re: Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? by Slyr0x: 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
bros1234:

So how many of these popular sites have they brought down forever? What happens when you bring someone down and he rises againg, bigger and better? See, they can be whatever, they will not end facebook. That I sure of.
bros1234:

Do you know the effect of bringing down a site temporarily? Sony lost $171 million due to PlayStation Network downtime. .Dyu know the effect its gon have on facebook if it goes OFFLINE for a day?

Once that insecurity (fear of the fact that yo facebook account aint safe) sets in, mhen. .words won't be able to express the loss!
webdezzi:

i believe anti-DDOS filtering tricks exists
something tells me i need to null my advertiser account details on facebook.

Well, it depends on the tool that's been used. .The tool being used here is Slowloris and NO FIREWALL can filter it 'cos t'will be seeing its REQUESTS as normal traffic.

There's something called "bots hive" simply an army of bots. . .Anonymous bots hive consist of nothing less than a million PCs infected. .Now come to think of it, a million PCs sending requests at the same speed, same time with different IPs. .and also other Anon members (nothing less than 10,000) doing same. .I pray Facebook survive it tho :|

Y'all should download http://anonkbh.dk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/HackerOrganizations.pdf - Cyber Militias of the World. A Nigerian Hacker Group is there too.

(1) (Reply)

How To Delete Your Bet9ja Account / I Need A Mass (bulk) Email Sender / verified UK adsense with 50£ & naija adsense for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.