Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC (13826 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Evans5050: 10:44am On Sep 02, 2011
There is no need to ban the song

cos the SONG make no sense

It will surly ban itself

Played is several times, yet found no sense with it
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by kelyusuf: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2011
dats d problem.they r already known for songs with lurid lyrics.but if they don't conform to the NBC guidelines,then it deserves to be banned.
Yes,there're worse musics,but do we let any bad child go on cos there were bad kids b4 him?
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by OmichaelO: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2011
M M M:

[b][/b]
is oliver a christian song Becos our choir sang d song last 3 $unday angry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by moreshow(m): 11:10am On Sep 02, 2011
Which one be lewd lyrics again o?? NBC dey sleep or dem no hear Skallly and Zeeword's arrant lyrics All the same sha, Don J don give 'em matured response now. Filllllle DTI
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by horny4u(f): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
when a wack song like oliver twist makes such a hit then its amazing strategy, creativity and real analysis of the target market by the mo hits team.

they know their market inside out and surely have the grace of Almighty on their hustle, may we all have midas touch so every can turn to gold o,

i cannot hate those boys, abeg, u ' ll not find me on utube oliver twisting but RESPECT!!!!!
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by sylve11: 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
Oliver De coque shocked cool
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2011
I wonder if the song was actually ban I heard it on Rhythm fm Awka this morning
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by iyin(f): 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2011
Cool FM always include D'banj's Oliver Twist in their song of the week, almost every week. I am a fan of Cool FM and always listen to their SONG OF THE WEEK. I think they like dat song tooo, especially MOJO JOJO & BENNY ARK
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by kizito96(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
I have not seen or heard any bad lyrics in this song
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
is that a song?wow
have nothing against the words but pls,that is not a song
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by forkadict(m): 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
Now let us bring some salient issues to the fore. Even though they have always been prominent. Songs that qualify as hits and monster hits in Naija music scene have one thing in common basically. That is their beats. Examples abound. Yahoozee by Olu maintain, Gongo Aso by 9ice, Do me i Do you by Psquare, Why me by Dbanj, Oleku by Ice prince and countless others attribute their hit status primarily to their danceable beats. A song's beat is what makes it a club song and once a song qualifies as a club song, then with a little promotion it almost always becomes a hit. The relevance of meaningful lyrics in determining a song's marketability is secondary. This is the true situation of things in Naija's music scene of today.

Dbanj as an artist has never impressed me with meaningful content in any of his hit songs and he has countless hits to his name. I attribute his success as an artist to Don Jazzy's phonomenal dexterity as a producer. He is the heart and soul of the Mo Hits crew. I dont get won over easily. Competence and consistency are what i am always on the look out for when rating stars. Don jazzy has persistently displayed both and i have no choice but to be a fan of his. As far as i am concerned, and using my afore mentioned criteria to evaluate supposed stars in Naija's entertainment industry, he is the only true star.

Sentiment apart, i make bold to say (as a nigerian that has been fully resident in nigeria for over my 28 years of existence) that Nigerian government and all its agencies are the epitome of confusion, mediocrity, inefficiency and gross waste. Examples abound. NTA, The Nigeria Police, Corporate affairs commission, NEPA, Federal Civil service, NNPC etc. NBC obviously is a government agency and of course it  must display similar traits.

Anyone familiar with naija music scene may recall a few years ago when they banned the song titled Bang Bang Bang by Femi Kuti . The same song which was banned over the airwaves in Nigeria went ahead to win countless international awards. My point is those guys at NBC are a confused bunch of id,i,ots. Many songs should have been banned by the foooooools in NBC but such songs escape their forked up radar. Examples are Maga don pay by kelly handsome, and also Yahoozee by Olu maintain to mention but a few. Both songs endorse and promote fraud (419) on a mega scale but both songs commended massive airplay and promotion. Should i even mention the king of Lewd lyrics himself Obesere? How do his songs which are riddled with sexual innuendoes gat approved by the lunatics at NBC?

Now to the song in question, Oliver Twist.The song possesses  tremendous dance appeal. Thanks again to Don jazzy. The song is also typical of most songs by Dbanj. It's got zero message apart from how Dbanj wants to have many world acclaimed gorgeous chics like Beyonce, Nadia buhari, Genevieve all to himself and how some chic somewhere wants to have world acclaimed hot guys such as Tuface, Dbanj, Trey Song all to themselves. This meassage (if i can call it that) the all-in-all of the song. My question to the NBC gooooons is on what basis should the song then be banned? what lewd lyrics are contained therein? Let them ban the song all they want, the truth is the song will become a monster hit eventually and i will not be surprised if it also wins international awards just like Femi Kuti's bang bang bang. When can we as a nation have focused and competent guys in charge of our affairs in all facets of governance?

As for the guys at NBC, I look yall straight in the eye and i tell yall, FORK YALL!
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by ideylaff: 5:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
Why can't the musicians release "radio versions"
You can curse for all you care on the CD or unrated video. All you have to do is make a radio version that complies with broadcasting rules. If you comply with the rules, there would be no reason for any ban. If a radio clean version is banned, then the artists can sue them to court. CREATE RADIO VERSIONS and stop blaming "bad belle"

Spot on @ Phuck NL, at this level that is what they should be doing, explicit lyrics for public consumption with a warning on the track on-line, or on the CD label as well as a radion n clean version.

So simple, especially in this digital age that all you need is run a DAT tape over the dirty version and add clean lyrics over it,
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by babeface3: 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2011
ideylaff:

Spot on @ Phuck NL, at this level that is what they should be doing, explicit lyrics for public consumption with a warning on the track on-line, or on the CD label as well as a radion n clean version.

So simple, especially in this digital age that all you need is run a DAT tape over the dirty version and add clean lyrics over it,

GBAM! all hope is not lost. please create a remix as radio version so they yank it back to hook. Be business minded my dear Don as Ibo man u are
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Gbenge77(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
I think the NBC was right to ban the song.They should keep it up.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2011
The Oliver Twist song and its video is pure CRAP!!!!. But it wud sell seeing it is Dbanj and Don Jazzy involved. Na wa for Nigeria o sad
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by tellwisdom: 12:41am On Sep 03, 2011
There is no need to ban the song

cos the SONG make no sense

It will surly ban itself

Played is several times, yet found no sense with it

grin grin grin
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by franklampard082(m): 2:02am On Sep 03, 2011
Even fela used obscene lyrics and he is still being hailed as a legend.
Those guys at nbc r just jobless
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by horseliver(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
tellwisdom:

grin grin grin
cheesy grin grin grin Is the song that bad or abi na hater dey yarn dis one?
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Ajistotle(m): 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2011
As already posited by a lot of ppl, I dnt like the song, I consider it to be one of d'banj's  poor songs(nice beat though) but the ban on it is like killing a chicken with a bazooka! That song does not contain any, I repeat any lewd lyrics, the first verse is obviously clean and the only line in the second verse which could have counted was "adjusted", U like to do it,the hmm hmm hmm hmm, he didnt say anything indecent. If you want to hear a d'banj song with lewd lyrics, go and listen to jasi, tongolo and even why me
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by AllSeasons(m): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
It's just music. Its not the first time an artist is releasing material considered to be inappropriate and it certainly won't be the last.

Rock On, cool cool
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by donchucky21(m): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2011
mtcheeeeeeeew na rubbish dem dey sing diz days jorangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by scopydapy: 5:58am On Jan 07, 2012
I think NBC is doing the right thing and striving to meet up with their expected task because their dormancy toward music industry far back had earn us a lot of anomalies in Nigeria music industry especially in the production line where originality, creativity, accuracy and decency are not considered as priorities in creation of music again. If things were set right and appropriately adjudged most of our so called superstars and their concoction beat makers called producer need to be sent back to tutorial and learn to stop flanger that they may not depend on using autotune. Learn to assimilate and correlate the content of their songs as well as artistic use of words that will not push them to the corner of singing rubbish in the name of making rhymes. And the most important, these producers needs to know basics and rudiment of sound engineering since they are "all in one" so they will be able to give their end products a global standard in term of professional mixing and audio mastering. To this point, i concluded Don jazzy should bury his head in shame and try to fish out his slackness and make up for it instead of running away from realities of being flawed. scopydapy@yahoo.com,08052535391
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by eastpoint: 11:14am On Jan 07, 2012
Are you a label,artist,writer who wants to take your career to the next level
Then buy the first time in Nigeria ever music power E-book of over 2000 pages which includes
How to get your videos aired in mtv base, channel O for free
How to get a marketer interested in your songs in Nigeria
How to effectively promote your songs in Nigeria without spending much money.
How to promote your songs worldwide for free
Do you have up to three songs recorded or an album .Why do you wait for a marketer in Nigeria when you can start selling it online internationally and earn $ all for free .
Contacts of 2000 record labels looking for you
Contacts of 1500 booking agents for you or your artist worldwide for shows,concerts and festivals
How to sign a record deal
How to get your songs into movies and earn huge royalties worldwide
Contacts of where to promote your songs for free worldwide
Network with other artist and music companies who wants to do business with you and your music.
Why you should be on myspace and face book.
1300 radio staions that want to paly your your music
1000 Contacts of online distributors who wants to market your music
800 Contacts of where to sell your lyrics for music writers only.
How to get your songs sold online within 3 days
Know why Nigerian artists are in hot demand world wide
These and many more .

The Ebook comes in pdf format so you will need acrobat reader to open it and to print.
Its about 2000 pages of very important contacts that will take you to the next level with emails, telephone Numbers and addresses
call 08125448663
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by ekusman(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2012
Who We Are

GODAROCKS is a musical establishment that is highly enriched with diversity of musical packages and programs specially designed to suit differences in people’s musical culture, taste and background, it has its center currently located in the commercial city of Lagos, Nigeria.

It was conceived in the mind of the vision bearer ROCKY CHIZUROKE ALO, and was officially registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 31st of March, 2008.
The pioneers of the establishment which comprise musicologists richly endowed with diversified artistic, intellectual and cultural heritage, who rose to the academic challenge of studying music up to the university level , obtaining their various degrees from reputable universities in Africa. This giant strands form the background behind our recorded success in fulfilling the musical/ artistic aspiration of our artist, audience and consumers at large.

Our social bound are built upon the share of knowledge, experience and respect of rules.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Ponraele: A Ponmile Cover" By Kayefi: Another Promotion Of Domestic Violence / DOWNLOAD: Olamide - Durosoke [official Video] / Kiss Daniel - Yeba (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.