Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club (40536 Views)

COVID-19: LASEPA Seals Farms City, Ajah Quilox Pool, Two Others / Quilox: Akin Alabi Accuses Police Of Demanding Bribe To Release Impounded Cars / Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by ridbell01(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2022
nighthawk1:
They are more interested in Quilox paying for the permit.

Its more of revenue generation.

you are ignorantly or emotionally indicting the club. You know invading tax is a serious offence
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by IGoComotYaTeeth: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2022
iezeiyida:
Africans underrate noise pollution but it really affect people healthwise
And if you're quiet they'll look at you like one weirdo, Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Bintdawood(f): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2022
quickly:

All the moshalashi wey dey make noise for person ear dem no consider that one as noise?

This is politically motivated I think

What about the churches that play bands and be praying loudly in the middle of the night?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Thedon22: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2022
grandstar:
Quilox should be closed down asap. A nightclub shouldn't be at such a location. It will create severe traffic jams.

Its' continuous presence at that location is an indictment on the officials of Lagos
Is anybody complaining about traffic jam from the article? Why not restrict yourself to the issue raised? The complaint is noise pollution and not traffic jam.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by windvane(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2022
Jostoman:
Who is the owner of the hotel? Hope it's not opposition member that owns the hotel because lagos and polititics of bitterness are like bread and butter.
it is better politics jare,Shina peller left APC already when he was cheated at the primaries.his last 4 years as been worrisome for APC cus he tackles the government on ground I could remember a session in the house and Shina peller raised his hand to talk,he was ignored for close to 30mins,he had to walk out

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:50am On Dec 26, 2022
owobokiri:
Nigeria is a place where misfits in government expect people on the streets to know the right thing to do and when to do so without the government putting up requisite measures to help both people and businesses to know their limits even before starting off any venture.

Night clubs are generally situated at places where noise won't be an issue. The place to situate such ventures in Lagos should be designated ab initio by the state government. Appropriate structures and monitoring systems should also be in place to help the businesses conduct themselves appropriately.

But here, you get up one day only to see governments bulldozers demolishing houses and offices that were built with permissions from the same Government. You see establishments being torn down for being at the wrong location and you wonder why the agencies in charge allowed the structure to be erected at the "wrong place" in the first place..

Oga they kept speakers outside and were disturbing the neighborhood. Is that how nite clubs should operate?

Shutting it down temporarily is a punitive measure
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by ruffDiamond: 7:53am On Dec 26, 2022
Bintdawood:

Seriously. How i wish dem fit enforce this kain law for Kano here
Where we live ehn, event centers reach like 7. Every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday dem must do wedding.
Eeya sorry, too bad me I no like noise, I fit pack comot person house cos of a noisy neighbour angry I nor even get sound system just lappy and phone.na all these local guy go dey use music disturb person. Never been
to the to the north though Hope you're cool though cheesy Happy Xmas boo!

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by JuanDeDios: 7:58am On Dec 26, 2022
PointZerom:
I won't forget the dirty things I did in this devil's abode. GOD HAVE MERCY.
Gist us small. We're all ears.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Wisefellow(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2022
The same noise pollution was the reason why the Lagos state govt. close down Oando & Mobil filling stations at Maryland, only to see another, Timca filling station built newly, few buildings away several months after.

Noise pollution indeed!
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Juanmike(m): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2022
PointZerom:
I won't forget the dirty things I did in this devil's abode. GOD HAVE MERCY.
It's nothing compare to what Tinubu will do to Nigeria treasury.
MC Oluomo is salivating.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Higgies(m): 8:05am On Dec 26, 2022
oyatz:

The owner is a serving member of the House of Reps (APC/Itesiwaju/Irepodun Fed Constituency).
He’s no longer in Apc…he fell out during the last primary elections and decamped to Accord Party
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Strong87: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2022
oyatz:

The owner is a serving member of the House of Reps (APC/Itesiwaju/Irepodun Fed Constituency).

No he as decamp to Accord party few months ago so I think that's what is causing this issue for him
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by clydecarson(m): 8:09am On Dec 26, 2022
Imagine after partying all night inside the club Y'all went outside to party again with a loud noise coming from the dj turntable....nairamarley and Kogbagidi na una cause this one

Shebi they have seal quilox I Wan see how dem wan play
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by JuanDeDios: 8:17am On Dec 26, 2022
naptu2:

Quilox Night Club Sealed Up Following Shina Pellers Arrest

So these guys are chronic offenders. Well, I hope they stay long in the cooler this time.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by MarketDispatch: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2022
owobokiri:
Nigeria is a place where " in the first place..

Wisefellow:
The same noise pollution was the reason why the Lagos state govt. close down Oando & Mobil filling stations at Maryland, only to see another, Timca filling station built newly, few buildings away several months after.

Noise pollution indeed!
Quilox, shut for sound control.
You have prayer houses in several areas with loudspeakers hanging outside blaring prayers as early as 5am disturbing sleep.

I am yet to hear one shut for noise pollution

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by JuanDeDios: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2022
Bintdawood:

Seriously. How i wish dem fit enforce this kain law for Kano here
Where we live ehn, event centers reach like 7. Every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday dem must do wedding.
Write a letter to your House member. Call his phone. Write the governor too.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by JuanDeDios: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2022
Bintdawood:

What about the churches that play bands and be praying loudly in the middle of the night?
They do that in Kano too?

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:25am On Dec 26, 2022
They will still open today grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Starzo: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2022
mmsen:
I hope they the same to all the useless churches that I see and hear everytime I'm in Lagos.
It's your father's household that is useless

If any religious building should be scattered it Should be mosques who disturb everybody Early in the morning with their useless Allah kaboom shout

If I be governor, I go destroy all mosques
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Starzo: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2022
MarketDispatch:

Quilox, shut for sound control.
You have prayer houses in several areas with loudspeakers hanging outside blaring prayers as early as 5am disturbing sleep.

I am yet to hear one shut for noise pollution
Shut up...na mosques dey disturb people every 5am for 365 days steady

All mosques should be destroyed
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Thepotterman: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2022
Na every time dey need money, na that time Dem dey close quilox
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Starzo: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2022
Bintdawood:

No church does that for 7days a week

Infact the few that actually hold night vigils do it only on Fridays and its not every Friday of the month sef

But mosques dey carry Allah kaboom noise wake everybody from sleep by 5am 365 days a year

All mosques should be sealed completely
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by iezeiyida(m): 8:35am On Dec 26, 2022
Yeah. They would conclude you are too gentle and shy, or that you are even boring.
IGoComotYaTeeth:
And if you're quiet they'll look at you like one weirdo, Nigerians
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by loganx: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2022
What i understand is that the club was shut because noise control permit was not obtained. I thought the club is sound proof already.

This is extortion!

Every agency in Nigeria tries to take money from the people.

Th eonly issue I have with this particular club is blocking of that Ozumba way some times
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Kog45(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2022
tabaralph:

Immediately SHINA peller the son of late professor peller that owns Quilox left apc few months back I know something like this will happened
Shina Abiola of Quilox has been having issues with Lagos government even when he was in APC due to noise and traffic issues,so not political motuvated.If 2baba Rumour club can adhere to Lagos government directives then who is Shina Peller.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by DrMuzungu(m): 8:47am On Dec 26, 2022
They should better focus on STD pollution and shut down olosho HQ in Victoria Island.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by Britishpea: 8:51am On Dec 26, 2022
oyatz:

He actually decamped to accord party. He might be getting witch-hunted. Politics is deep and filled and vindictive in Nigeria.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by LordEclipse: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2022
oshozondii:

https://www.facebook.com/100064441879510/posts/pfbid0nU4RrKJoTzzjN2nFwKjitmAxMABu38r8uFg6heh9cSAuejeKzxRrH2xYnGyHXaHLl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

This is pure witch haunt to put them out of business this Xmas..why give permission for a club to be sited in residential area in the first place??..higher power clubs done join hands knack them akpako
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:55am On Dec 26, 2022
owobokiri:
Nigeria is a place where misfits in government expect people on the streets to know the right thing to do and when to do so without the government putting up requisite measures to help both people and businesses to know their limits even before starting off any venture.

Night clubs are generally situated at places where noise won't be an issue. The place to situate such ventures in Lagos should be designated ab initio by the state government. Appropriate structures and monitoring systems should also be in place to help the businesses conduct themselves appropriately.

But here, you get up one day only to see governments bulldozers demolishing houses and offices that were built with permissions from the same Government. You see establishments being torn down for being at the wrong location and you wonder why the agencies in charge allowed the structure to be erected at the "wrong place" in the first place..

Don't be a fool all the measures are there and they all sign to it. Most clubs abroad are sound proof and nobody will be blasting music on the road side for personal gains

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by gift01: 8:56am On Dec 26, 2022
Fake news. Quilox when I pass this morning abi Na which one
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club by asahnwaKC: 8:57am On Dec 26, 2022
They should just change their location because even packing space they no get…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? / Silva, Anyim Head Buhari's Inauguration Committee (photo) / Revealed: Real Reasons Ministerial List Is Delayed - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.