Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:58 AM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (35628 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Aurelius1(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
grin see question

1 you enjoy the freedom of choice
2 the ability to get away from crazy areas
3 the ability to insulate yourself from madness
4 lots of good foods
6 you not dealing with racism
7 if sick you can see doctor right away not be on waiting list for 2 years like uk and canada
8 a more relaxed atmosphere
9 a choice of beautiful nigerian women to marry. naija girls too fine mayneeeeee
10 autonomy, off grid life. generate your own water and light
11 weather is great
12 you are not taxed to death
13 you can raise your kids how you want without the states intervention
14 if you and madam divorce the state will not take all your assets and give to her
17 you dont have to pay inheritance tax to bequeath your assets to your kids
All you just listed are attributes of a failed or failing state.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ednut1(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Plenty of our big men's billionaires wives dey hear am well well. I heard one actually told the man she wanted a divorce and he more or less threatened her.
Ned sent his Moroccan wife packing she no get shi shi

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by marcopollo(m): 11:56am On Dec 26, 2022
Insecurity with all the money in the world means nothing. That's why the number one priority of any reasonable government is security of lives and property. Today it's someone affected by insecurity, tomorrow,no matter how tight you think your personal security is,it might be your turn.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 11:56am On Dec 26, 2022
Aurelius1:
All you just listed are attributes of a failed or failing state.
yeah sound like you are used to living in a western prison colony heavily controlled by white zaddy

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by SPAMBOX7: 11:56am On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.
Too much enjoyment full this country if you got a few racks

1. You will run from pussy ( tho most of them be leeches. But you can still be exposed to the ones with something to bring to the table)
2. You will be respected anywhere you go (yes money brings power and respect and power goes hand in hand)
3. You can set up a business and become a boss in less than a month and the ROI will be massive
4. You can get away with lots of things you can't get away with in saner climes. All you have to do is give one two people in charge a few bucks
5. You can live in any environment full of elites and connect with prominent people e.g Ikoyi, Banana, Maitama etc
6. Things are way cheaper compared to yankee.
Etc

The only cons is you gonna attract leeches whether you like it or not. You won't know who love/ respect you for you but if you a sharp guy you will always know where to place who

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 11:57am On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
grin see question

7 if sick you can see doctor right away not be on waiting list for 2 years like uk and canada
'Right away', like Tinubu and Buhari abi? Or a 6 hour plane journey away grin

Anywho if they're rich in the first place, why not just get on private healthcare to cut the wait down significantly

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sageb: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

Which way Nigeria?
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by TheOgaBoss: 11:59am On Dec 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Probably women. You can get your penis sucked in Nigeria even if you are very ugly for some suya and ice cream but you would need serious game and nice looks and six packs to pull it off in a western country even with money. I dont see anything else aside that.
where did u hear that, western women even like money pass naija babes.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by chukkystar(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2022
If You are Wealthy and an Introvert, Nigeria is Paradise. Just mind Ur Business and grow jejely

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by hardon1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
This kind of question doesn't need answers. Just be poor and the difference will be clear before your eyes

Poster, give out all your possessions. I mean everything to charity and come start life in a face me I face you resident where toilets and bathroom are shared. Where you draw water from a well used by 100 other people

With a job/business or mean of less than 2$/day. Where you will be sick but go to chemist instead instead of proper hospital because you can afford the cost of healthcare

Where you trek 5 kilometers to and fro work daily just to save extra N3000/month for light bill or rent. Where you can't afford a decent meal so don't go bankrupt before the month end

Where you have a loved one sick and dying but you can't afford to take her to hospital or pay for prescribed drugs by a doctor at a general hospital

Where as a young man, you can't approach a woman you like just because you can't afford an outing that will cost N2000

Where As a family after cooking soup, you will add water to it so that it will serve the family for the designated days

Where you put on singlet until it turns to shimi... Just because you can't afford a new one. Where your hard buy cloth untill the one you got turn and worn out

Where you have phone but sometimes can't afford airtime and you- a mature man flashing people so they can call you back

Where someone delebrately trample on your right in public space and tells you "you can't do nothing" - and offcause you do noting just because you can't afford the cost of litigation

My guy... I can go on and on...
There is absolutely nothing glorious about poverty

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

'Right away', like Tinubu and Buhari abi? Or a 6 hour plane journey away grin

Anywho if they're rich in the first place, why not just get on private healthcare to cut the wait down significantly
Compliments of the season to you me lady grin and ermm tinubu and buhari are just two crazy vatos with colonial mentality because where they are going in the nhs ? most of the doctors are nigerians. so you hop on a 6 hour flight to see a nigerian doctor when you coulda just taken a car ride to their clinic in victoria island. i could never understand these colonial mentality vatos. they are oyo with their madness. their madness has nothing to do with the state of nigeria especially considering these fools have the money to go to the best hospitals in nigeria. its like the white mans food is always sweeter in their mind undecided
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by PrettyBolu(f): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
nepa is now willing buyer and willing seller . Implex estates in ikejia have not experience power failure since year 2020 band A pro ( 60 Naira per kilo watt ) .

Why do you enjoy lying? I have noticed that you always type lies while trying to promote Nigeria. There is no place like Implex Estates in Ikeja.

Where did you see Implex Estate in Ikeja? I grew up in Ikeja. I know everywhere in Ikeja. Where did you see Implex Estate?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Misterone: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

is the US safe, is the UK safe, can you go everywhere in these places as a black man? You will be shot through the window for vagrancy.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by MrCuteking(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .

You nailed it bro.
In terms of corruption, you can also bypass long queues even when you come late. grin

Some estates have started running 24hours power supply using gas generator.

For those earning in dollars, they enjoy the exchange rate. Omo life is somehow sweet staying here, honestly.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Abagworo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
It's because you don't have money. Every rich people enjoy their money wherever they are at equal levels. No advantage or disadvantage

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by wizelink(m): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
Enslaving the poor masses around you
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by faithfull18(f): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lol, the west is a leveller, having money gets you almost anything here.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by mu2sa2: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

False
To you it is false, but that's the reality. The indomie generation won't get it, though.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
Compliments of the season to you me lady grin and ermm tinubu and buhari are just two crazy vatos with colonial mentality because where they are going in the nhs ? most of the doctors are nigerians. so you hop on a 6 hour flight to see a nigerian doctor when you coulda just taken a car ride to their clinic in victoria island. i could never understand these colonial mentality vatos. they are oyo with their madness. their madness has nothing to do with the state of nigeria especially considering these fools have the money to go to the best hospitals in nigeria. its like the white mans food is always sweeter in their mind undecided
Seasons Greetings grin

Buhari and Tinubu likely have private healthcare, what are they doing with the NHS? If a rich Nigerian is sick, chances are they're going abroad for treatment so you should cross that 'advantage' from your list grin

Quality of doctors in Naija is not the issue by the way, what of the availability of adequate facilities in case of an emergency? Also, good luck manoeuvring through all that traffic trying to rush to the hospital

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2022
mu2sa2:
To you it is false, but that's the reality. The indomie generation won't get it, though.

Give me 200,000 naira

Let's start from there
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
nepa is now willing buyer and willing seller . Implex estates in ikejia have not experience power failure since year 2020 band A pro ( 60 Naira per kilo watt ) .

Sounds fair.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
hardon1:
This kind of question doesn't need answers. Just be poor and the difference will be clear before your eyes

Poster, give out all your possessions. I mean everything to charity and come start life in a face me I face you resident where toilets and bathroom are shared. Where you draw water from a well used by 100 other people

With a job/business or mean of less than 2$/day. Where you will be sick but go to chemist instead instead of proper hospital because you can afford the cost of healthcare

Where you trek 5 kilometers to and fro work daily just to save extra N3000/month for light bill or rent. Where you can't afford a decent meal so don't go bankrupt before the month end

Where you have a loved one sick and dying but you can't afford to take her to hospital or pay for prescribed drugs by a doctor at a general hospital

Where as a young man, you can't approach a woman you like just because you can't afford an outing that will cost N2000

Where As a family after cooking soup, you will add water to it so that it will serve the family for the designated days

Where you put on singlet until it turns to shimi... Just because you can't afford a new one. Where your hard buy cloth untill the one you got turn and worn out

Where you have phone but sometimes can't afford airtime and you- a mature man flashing people so they can call you back

Where someone delebrately trample on your right in public space and tells you "you can't do nothing" - and offcause you do noting just because you can't afford the cost of litigation

Don't mind that one

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by HUSTLER001: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .

Your brain is gradually running low on sense.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
grin see question

1 you enjoy the freedom of choice
2 the ability to get away from crazy areas
3 the ability to insulate yourself from madness
4 lots of good foods
6 you not dealing with racism
8 a more relaxed atmosphere
9 a choice of beautiful nigerian women to marry. naija girls too fine mayneeeeee
10 autonomy, off grid life. generate your own water and light
11 weather is great
12 you are not taxed to death
13 you can raise your kids how you want without the states intervention
14 if you and madam divorce the state will not take all your assets and give to her
17 you dont have to pay inheritance tax to bequeath your assets to your kids

I'll save your post.

I've been saying I'm planning towards returning back to Nigeria in the future, but acquaintances have refused to agree with my viewpoint.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by HRprof: 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
hardon1:

OP is asking for Rich man living in Nigeria not poor man you painted above. Read thread without biased mind for better comprehension grin

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
honestly dey do but as at it best if not we will not be having Nigeria state by now .The Nigeria Armforce is among the most well ethnically diverse organisation in Nigeria example 300 officers graduate from NDA and it around 8 per state this group progress to be commanders. So if the south east have 5 state x 8 = 40 officer while the northwest 7 x 8 =56 officer this 56 officer from the northwest are a diverse group ( Hausa, kafta, zuru,fulani ) them many in the south are more interested in professional role in the army like finance , procurement medicine while his northern counterpart is in the Infantry . Go and look at the graduation list again ! For recruit south east don't fill there quota in police and army. ( only navy and air force)
he is not ready for this. His mind is made up already
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Starzo: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
ednut1:
Ned sent his Moroccan wife packing she no get shi shi
e good...they should work for their own money.

Not depending on men to alleviate them from poverty

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
emmaodet:
There is a difference between the developed countries and 3rd world countries.

3rd world countries are good to relax and enjoy more because they are cheaper to live with small money compared to the developed world.
Most of my captains who are British, Americans, Russians always go to cheaper countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Nigeria etc for vacations because they get more value with little dollars they take there.

With 500k per month salary for a family of 4 (husband, wife and 2 kids) in Nigeria for example, you can live in a decent 3 bedroom flat and a better life than someone earning equivalent in abroad.
Building a 3 bedroom bungalow cost less than someone abroad with lesser pressure to work.
Your work rate will be lower to sustain such lifestyle than even someone renting a studio abroad.

There is a reason my abroadians are always calculating their currency to nigeria to come and flex when they come home.
Such money is chicken change over there.
Many guys abroad doing dirty jobs and combining 2 jobs are buying lands in high brow areas in nigeria like Lekki but over there, they are more or less a pauper.

Whatever life you think you flex over there or your standard of living, it cost far far less to do that over here.
Finish
with that 500k you'll also provide
light,
water,
security,
insurance,
good roads, for yourself.. grin

You'll also need security against
scammers,
boko,
Fulani herdsmen,
Tribalism
evil employees,
witches... angry

Wait you'll also deal with
poor health care,
poor education for your kids,
Poor network

this country even politicians that steal billions japa at the speed of light... cheesy

this country is finished..

so throw all those things you said inside the trash.. there is no flexing in Nigeria, we're all surviving whether you're rich or not grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Mrkumareze(m): 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
dopedan:
This question hit me o
Na only woman
And no taxes
Cheaper life

Lawlessness
Intimidating
U become a mini god
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

The only thing one enjoys as a rich person in Nigeria is relativity. What I mean by that is relative to others you can ease your way. Take a look at power for example, you are not going to enjoy better services from the power distribution companies because you are rich, in fact richer areas suffer more power outages from my experience in Abuja. So the rich just have standby gens or large inverter/solar systems to cushion it. Is it roads, fuel scarcity, poor water supply, poor medical services and on and on. Nothing except you can cushion it relatively better than the average man on the street.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

See The Overloaded Car Impounded By Karota / 7 Police Officers Deployed To Katsina Die In Ghastly Motor Accident / These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.