Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU (7592 Views)

Non-academic Students On The Rise In Nigerian Universities- NTA / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by luvola(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
the rate at which students of lasu are failing their exam reach it peak,student are just complaining of mass failure and lecturers dnt care about this current trend. last sem alone recorded d worst result in alot of dept ,does that mean it because of fast academic calendar that lasu is currently running that is causing this mass failure or what ? this ugly trend is worrisome , they hav massarced student's g.p.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by yemi221(m): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2011
remember gns 302 is not out.dat will be d worst result ever except there is an upgrade
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2011
U guys did Gns in yr3? I tot gns or gst or ges stops at yr2.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
U guys did Gns in yr3? I tot gns or gst or ges
stops at yr2
i wonda oooooo
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by luvola(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
@ uls - we normally offer gns FRM 100l to 300level. gns 101 -
use of library (2units),gns 102 use of english(2units),gns 201 lagos and its environ (2units) gns 202 - african history and culture/nigeria hist (2units),gns 301 logic and philosophy(most dangerous gns (2units. gns 302 - man and science -2unit
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by luvola(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
use of library (2units),gns 102 use of english(2units),gns 201 lagos and its environ (2units) gns 202 - african history and culture/nigeria hist (2units),gns 301 logic and philosophy(most dangerous gns (2units. gns 302 - man and science -2unit
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by luvola(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 02, 2011
Why wont it?

Esp because of what I heard about what's going down in that school. See the shameful youth of tomorrow.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Lovexme(m): 3:57am On Sep 02, 2011
In UNIBEN, GSTs are only done in 100L. There's mass failures because a whole lot of youths today don't put in much efforts in book work like it used to be. They're always on 2go, BBM, FB, Twitter,

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Bisjosh(f): 5:11am On Sep 02, 2011
Students just dnt wanna b serious anymore and d lecturers shouldn't b blamed for this angry. Tot its only secondary school(waec) students,now its also eating deep into tertiary institutions embarassed thanks to bb,social networks,braz hair,yahoo and d rest tongue
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Rastamann: 5:30am On Sep 02, 2011
Settement don finish? If dem no fail how settlement go large for many of the lecturers? LASU students are used to settlement than reading for examination as such failing is a dependent on the degree of settlement available. Some go settle with money while some go settle with pussy - - sh ba mi mu!
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by ednut1(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2011
Source pls and hw did this make fronthpage. Luvola blame unilorin 4 rejecting u lmao
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by luvola(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2011
@ ra ? remove d word settlement frm d sch because there is a strong control measures already put in place to checkmate that,may be u making reference to their part-time sch, come to their full time sch and see the way students read like hell. it just that those lecturers are wicked that why u hardly see the sch graduating student with first class.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by luvola(m): 7:02am On Sep 02, 2011
@ednut - i didnt apply to unilorin in the first place.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by babyboy3(m): 7:03am On Sep 02, 2011
Oniru beach today, Elegbushe beach tomorrow, it reminds me of 1985 (the John Player years)
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by luvola(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2011
but d student in d sch dnt flex like that,there is less social activites in the sch when compared to other schools
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by DrBRIGHT1: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2011
the rate at which students of lasu are failing their exam reach it peak,student are just complaining of mass failure and lecturers dnt care about this current trend. last sem alone recorded d worst result in alot of dept ,does that mean it because of fast academic calendar that lasu is currently running that is causing this mass failure or what ? this ugly trend is worrisome , they hav massarced student's g.p.

call me, i am a lecturer at lasu. if u have any academic problem
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by MAURI: 8:20am On Sep 02, 2011

Why are you asking  people to call you? Shouldn’t the school have SPOC (Single point of contact) for such issues this will enable the school to take proper inventory and analyse the causes and look for proper and structural solutions.
In case you are really willing to assist/help, u should channel this via the school itself and not on Nairaland, except you have other motives best known to you.  Just saying o.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by gbengress1: 8:35am On Sep 02, 2011
u can imagine 128 carry overs in course in 300lev. acctg, anoda 99 c/o in anoda course, With many more casualties, GP don crash o
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2011
Dr.BRIGHT_:

point blank scam!!!!!!! Be warned
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by oneuniquemind(m): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2011
Y re u guyz complainin,No be only lasu.Am a futarian nd 'l do gns301 (managerial economics)next session.it's nt ds lecturers fault,most of dem sofa to get ds Dr degree so dey find it hard 2 pass student.read nd stop yhanshin around d campus,it's possible to pass
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Fimmy(m): 9:06am On Sep 02, 2011
welcome to the club
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by nsiadi: 9:16am On Sep 02, 2011
lolz
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by ushure: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2011
na wa o
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by worry246(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2011
Looking at the spelling, punctuation and composition on this thread there is no wonder that there is a mass failing of students!

"TextSpeak" is not english language!
Anyone submitting official documents like job application using text speak & spelling will just find there work thrown in the bin.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Ayoobscom(m): 10:01am On Sep 02, 2011
Mass failure does not necessarily means the students are poor-but ill prepared

an A grade in UNIVERSITY 1 might be a D in UNIVERSITY 2.

It also connotes a situation whereby grading system is heightened in other to upgrade academic quality

My clubbing\partying\sporting are no factors for failure for my kind of person then and millions of other students now

2:2 grades are often more versatile\ efficient in the field due to their ability to multitask and still composed
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by librangyps(f): 10:27am On Sep 02, 2011
I'm in 100l, got 6As, one C and one B, expect GNS to b an A and I intend workin harder for better grades this semesterm
, Wnt b discouraged by ur words, read and you'll pass, shikena
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Syenite(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2011
^^^ clap for urself. A good girl u are.Thank God there are still people like you.I feel like signing a 1million dolar cheque in ur favour.How won't they fail when they occupy themselves with BB, Facebook, Africa Magic,Yahoo-Yahoo, EPL,Laliga, UCL,Europa league. Generation 'Olodo'.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Menene(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2011
LASU!

The situation is really SAD! LASU is becoming the worst of all schools and the condition is not getting better at all. I almost wrote a Newspaper publication against them last month but had to delay due to some thoughts.

Results are Bad! Lecturers are Bad! Training Quality is Bad! Fees are EXPENSIVE! I'm not just proud of the School anymore!!!

The most annoying is that Students that have graduated almost 5-7 years ago are still Fasting and Praying to get their results.

I think I should just go ahead. I wonder what the Board is doing.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by librangyps(f): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2011
Thanks Syenite, Wnt mind d cheque though, lol
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by adim2(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2011
I felt like scanning through and not commenting but, with the rate of complain going on, i am forced to add my view. I still maintain that Nigerian education is deteriorating. The quest for certification i.e. 1st class and 2.1 is defeating the aimed of practical education. This is suffices to say that a first class student in Nigeria might not know more than his/her field of study and after the A and B have to graded in his/her favour the memory wipes out. Everybody is to be blamed in this malady eating deep in our educational system and lets not concentrate the blame only on the students.
Re: Mass Failure Of Students On The Rise At LASU by Nymphnode(m): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2011
Whats the latest on the part time ban? Abi the vice don intercede

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin Zoo / OOU 2013/2014 Admission Let Meet Here / Uk To Cut Student Visas To Nigerians, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.