Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Logistics Or Supply Chain Management - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management (152465 Views)

Poll: What modes of training would you prefer for CIPS or CILT AND APICS or ISM professional programs?

Self study: 20% (2 votes)
Class room based lecture: 20% (2 votes)
Supported learning ( CD,Study Note/Guide): 50% (5 votes)
Lecture/assisted revisions (close to exams): 10% (1 vote)
Online/webinars lectures: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

j / Supply Chain Management OR Project Management / Logistics And Supply Chain Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by ololomu(m): 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2008
great to hear dis!
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by eolaoye: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2008
Hello Wills,

Thanks for starting this thread.

I've spent some time developing software for the scm department in a telecoms firm. My dream is to take Nigeria to the next level of procurement by providing procure to pay solutions like those in the UK and US. I'm quite interested in discussing with you (and other interested people) as you said you're familiar with Ariba.

I would also want all the scm professionals here to post problems they are currently facing in their various organizations and let's discuss how we can solve them cost effectively. problems like supplier sourcing, invoicing, integration with accounts payable et cetera.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2008
eolaoye:

Hello Wills,

Thanks for starting this thread.

I've spent some time developing software for the scm department in a telecoms firm. My dream is to take Nigeria to the next level of procurement by providing procure to pay solutions like those in the UK and US. I'm quite interested in discussing with you (and other interested people) as you said you're familiar with Ariba.

I would also want all the scm professionals here to post problems they are currently facing in their various organizations and let's discuss how we can solve them cost effectively. problems like supplier sourcing, invoicing, integration with accounts payable et cetera.

Dear eolaoye,

Great to have you here with us, your certainly in the right place to birth this solution you are talking about and i think its a great idea,  i for one , have spent over 3 yrs in the sales and collections unit of a major oil and gas logistics services provider and i can say i have quite some experience with the  P to P, of some of these major companys most especially CNL. Creating a solution to tailor this kind of tech to small and medium scale copmaines locally wont be bad at all.

I see great things ahead and thats the whole idea of this thread, which soon will have in addition  to it ,a dedicated forum, as we are still working on bringing it back online.

I presently running around trying to put one or two  personal things togthere, thats why i have  not posted on this thread lately. so here are my details, Every one should feel free to call or leave and email.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by eolaoye: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2008
Yeah, the forum will really spruce things up, Maybe we that know about this forum should do some more word of mouth publicity about the forum so we can get more participation.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by aljero: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2008
hi wills,

i really appreciate all the quality information you've handed on to the house, you've not only motivated me but you've also inspire me, because at first i thought going for CIPS(Uk) was a wrong decision but when i read your mail it then occured to me that i was in the right track.

please kindly mail me the lecture venue for CIPS Lagos.

thanks alot.

jerry

jerry.udie@yahoo.com
0805-826-3873
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by aljero: 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2008
please ignore the first email id:

jerry.udie@gmail.com
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by datriplea: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hi all.I have read through this thread and found it so educative.I just graduated with a degree in Industrial and Production Engineering from UI.Logistics and SCM is an area that had actually caught my fancy since i was in 200L, driving me to research on d topic more.Its not all about registering with CIPS,CILT etc. SCM itself is a very broad topic and ever evolving.To learn and excel at SCM,one needs to fully understand the effects of Govt regulations,policies,globalization etc. on the various processes from procurement-inventory mgt and so on.One needs to understand the supply chain economics of the ongoing preference for Mexico over China as a manufacturing hub by US manufacturers,because of rising prices of oil. These and many more are some of the things a prospective SCM practitioner should be willing to know.So please,do not dwell so much on joining chartered bodies(which i am not ruling out).Dwell more on ur skill and experience.And most importantly, READ!
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2008
You very right Sir!, indeed there’s a whole lot to talk and share knowledge and experience about, so I think as you said its appropriate to change the focus from professional bodies promotion.

Like you rightly said there is a changing pattern in Global sourcing , china the one country that has seen its GDP grown astronomically in recent times then any other developing nation in that region and indeed the world, is currently seeing less and less investment in terms of companies using china as the destination for low cost country sourcing, for example in the clothing market more and more companies are considering and even setting up shop in other far eastern countries like Vietnam, where production cost and labour cost is a lot cheaper, also with the growing concern about quality issues e.g. the Toy recall issues and the recent problem with Milk from china.
china is even becoming less an attractive destination but that’s on the one hand, because despite these challenges the Chinese government is putting a lot in place to change the perception of chain as a low cost sourcing country, its trying to develop china’s capability so that china can bee seen as a country that can offer considerable level of technology and quality, its also trying to develop internal level of production and consumption of Chinese goods by Chinese.

From recent publication I have read and seen online a lot of funding is going into development, to shit infrastructural developments to the hinterland where there has been less development and as such an uneven spread of wealth and development in the country.
All of this will have far reaching effects on global logistics, sourcing in and from chain.

I believe it’s by having a global perspective of what’s happening around the world in times like these where there’s a lot of uncertainty, due to global recession and the present financial crisis hitting some of the western nations. It was even on the news today that the US, China and Germany are all under recession at the moment.
Datriplea like u said theres actually an ongoing preference for Mexico over China as a manufacturing hub by US manufacturers, but even this has its own challenges as is been seen now, with border congestion issues, cultural issues, and the most important the lack of certain skilled labour in mexico,often times companies have had to send staffs to and fro, from the US to mexico just to cover some important roles or functions.

As you will know, most of this manufactures, will like to keep the core of the business in the US, things like product design, marketing, etc in the US and take the other part which is maily the production aspects to places like mexico due to the avalibility of cheap land and labour, hence we can see major development or congestion of manufacturing plants in border towns on the side of the developing countries such as mexico in this case.

If the people in government in a country like Nigeria, the policy makers, economist
etc should do any thing, I feel the one thing they should do is learn from the experience of the western world and better manage our own developing economies

It will do us a lot of good is other will contribute to this issues, things like the global ecomomic trends and its effects on the procurment,sourcing and logistics sectors?,
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
Supply Chain Management Professionals and intending professionals. Below is a good link to bookmark.

http://www.careersinsupplychain.org/additional-resources/dvd.asp
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2009
1 Week in the life of a seasoned SCM professional tutor, One exciting story.

Antonia Hynd ,Senior Advisor for Procurement Capacity Building. CROWN AGENTS

http://www.crownagents.com/Anniversary/Item.aspx?contentID=4618
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by vaishalis(f): 11:58am On Jan 21, 2009
About SAP:
SAP is the world’s leading provider of business software*. Today, more than 76,000 customers in more than 120 countries run SAP® applications—from distinct solutions addressing the needs of small businesses and midsize companies to suite offerings for global organizations. SAP software helps enterprises of all sizes around the world improve customer relationships, enhance partner collaboration and create efficiencies across their supply chains and business operations

SAP has 61.4% ERP market share in India and 44% ERP market share in world.SAP India controls over 60 per cent of India's enterprise application software market with over 100 installations.

. ***SAP is an online financial and administrative software composed of individual, integrated software modules that perform various organizational system tasks.

The SAP Consultant Certificate is one of the most respected industry qualifications in IT.SAP Solution Academy Graduates are always recognised for their knowledge and expertise in SAP Business Solutions

Genovate

Genovate: We are the largest SAP Authorised Training Partner in Asia Pacific, with more than 11 training centres in Asia and the Middle East. Genovate counts among our partners, IT industry leaders such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Sun, Brooks, Adobe and Trend Micro. We represent solutions from some of the world’s most dominant IT vendors such as SAP (ERP solutions), Oracle (Fusion Middleware) & Microsoft (Retail & Distribution Solution).

GENOVATE has the largest network of SAP authorized training centres across Asia Pacific with centres in Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Mangalore, Baroda,Trichi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Bangalore& Thane, besides centres in Singapore, Malaysia Srilanka, Thailand, Saudi & Dubai.

Genovate has the largest network of SAP approved education centres with an excellent track record in placements, we have been operating in Mumbai since the last 7 years with strong relations with the IT industry

Genovate provides SAP Certification Program – Academy for aspiring consultants & customers. The course takes one through their area of specialization based on their rich experience over the years & facilitates certification as a SAP Certified Solutions Consultant.

SAP Modules

SAP R/3 functional modules or application areas are divided into these four high-level work areas - Logistics, Accounting, Human Resources and Business tools. R/3 system is "one database". If you have one database , you have one system.

SAP training in INDIA : SAP training in India provides these job related SAP courses -SAP Business Intelligence(SAP-BIW), SAP Materials Management(SAP-MM), SAP Portals, SAP Net weaver(7.0), SAP-BASIS SYSTEM Administration, SAP -ABAP/4 & Cross applications, SAP Human Resources (SAP-HR), SAP Sales and Distributions (SAP-SD), SAP Financial Accounting (SAP-FI), SAP Production Planning (SAP-PP), SAP Warehouse Management (SAP-WM).

***This program can be done in two formats in the latest versions:

Class room Training & E learning

Classroom training:

** Full time training

** Duration 200 hours.i.e 4 weeks

** Mon to Fri

** Timings:9.00am to 5.00pm

** Certification Exam 25th day of the training

** Instructor to training from Mon to Fri for 25 working days.

**Fees :

Registration Fees : Rs.30900 /- (Chq/DD in favour of Genovate Solution India Pvt Ltd)

Training Fees : Rs 250000/- (Chq/DD in favour of Genovate Solution India Pvt Ltd)

Certification Fees : Rs 28090/- (DD in Fabour of SAP India Pvt Ltd)

**(Total fees -Rs.308990/-)

** Certification :SAP Germany

E learning :

**Part time training

**Duration 200 hours

**Mon-Sun

**Timings :Anytime feasible to candidate between 8am to 9pm.

**The candidate has to complete the training within the span of 5 months and appear for the certification exam.

**Certification :SAP Germany

**Fees: Training Fees :Rs.134832/-(DD in Favour of SAP India Pvt Ltd)

Certification Fees:Rs.28090/-(DD in favour of SAP India Pvt Ltd)

Total Fees :Rs162922/-

Placement Assistance

Placement Assistance:On clearing the certification exam,, the candidate will be getting placement assistance from our end untill the candidate gets placed.

The companies approaching us placement requirement are Mahindra Consultancy,TCS,Capegemini,L&T,Patni,Wipro,Essar,AG Technologies,Infosys,Yash Technologies and so on.
With Campus interviews scheduled every month ,we have a good placement record so far,
Candidate has to appear for 2 rounds of Inteviews- Technical & HR
Apart from that ,candidate can upload CV on our job portal www.gennconnect.sg
SAP has made it clear that SAP jobs will either increase or remain the same.For more info visit the Survey on Sap Jobs@
http://www.recruiter.co.uk/sap-jobs-to-increase-or-remain-the-same-in-2009/1000274.article.
Also visit:http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=330106

Educational loan:

***Educational loan: HDFC provides easy loan on a national basis for SAP education, you can also claim tax benefits on the interest paid for such loans

Advantages of training through Genovate:

Instructor Lead Training with well experienced ,qualified and friendly trainers
Extended Practice hours
Guided assistance from trainers outside practice hours
Student Loans available at easy repayments
Placement assistance provided for suitable candidates
Decent Placement record till date in companies like Mahindra Consultancy,TCS,Essar,IBM,Capegemini,YashTechnologies,Patni,L&T and so on.(Infact,the demand is more than the supply)
With due respect to your valuable time ,awaiting your feedback on SAP training through Genovate.
Get back to the undersigned for further details'

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishaali Shet

Manager-Sales.

Genovate Solutions India Pvt Ltd,

Phoenix House A, wing Senapati Bapat Marg,

Lower Parel (W) Mumbai 400 013.

Web: http://www.genovate.com

Email: vaishali.s@genovate.com

DID: 022 30421844

Mob: 9833804956
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by onwuzuam(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2009
A multinational oilfield service company is looking to fill the above vacancies for the prequalification of suppliers within the industry in Nigeria.     The position is Lagos based with frequent travel to the oilfield regions in the country.

Candidates should be able to exhibit the following qualifications and attributes;

HSE certification

Lead Assessor certification (via examination)

Integrity, confidentiality and transparency

Good English communication & report writing skills.

Degree qualified in Engineering.

Awareness of supply chain activities in the oil and gas industry

Awareness of the international standards within the oil and gas industry

Minimum of 5years experience in the delivery of assessments / audits

Customer focused and service orientated

Ability to lead a team of assessors

PC skills, including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc

Salary, competitive with opportunities for annual performance based bonus

Contributory pension scheme

Company medical scheme

Life assurance scheme

If you meet the requirements above, please forward your application to:
The Advertiser
PO Box 20640
Ikeja
Lagos
Application closes two weeks after the date of publication. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by NOMS: 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2009
Hi Guys,
   i thank you guys for sending in this since 2006. this is my first time of joining the nairaland.i stumbled into this topic while browsing online all in search of what SCM is all about. i just went through your write ups on this. they are just wonderful.
Honestly, I am a HND holder in Sc. Lab Tech biased in Analytical Chemistry. i fell in love with Store Management during the course of my study in school and had a dream of working in a firm where stocks are Managed.

My dream came to past when i joined one of the Multinational Companies in Lagos Nigeria 4yrs ago and i have risen from an ordinary store assistant to a Stock controller through an an extra ordinary hardwork with my HND only. i was lucky to have been sent on a training when i became the stock controller and was adviced by one of the coordinator's to enrol for Msc in  Supply Chain Management. i have been in search of a way to handle this. My job is really time consuming and i could hardly have that time to think of a way to upgrade myself with skills.  i feel strongly that i am yet to give in my best in my company and this is why i want to upgrade myself.

With just my HND in SLT(Chemistry) since 2002 and having tight schedules at work(9am-6pm, Mon - Sat), how can i go about getting a MSc in SCM and where , so that i can in future become a member of CIPS?

I really want to equip myself with the necessary tools(skills) as i am gradually rising in my company's Distribution Dept. i want my impact be greatly felt through my hardwork more than it is now before leaving the company. i want to use my newly acquired skills to give my dept a real good look and help everyone in my dept so as to achieve the company's goal. I really love my job(my best friend) in the company but want to develop myself so as to give my company the best of an employee service.

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2009
Hello Noms,

and glad that you could join us, this tread has come a long way since 2006 and somehow we all have kept it alive and strong, in sharing information and knowledge to grow in our chosen profession.

First off, let me say that you have something that is very key in this profession; you have hands on experience already, therefore topping that up with a more relevant degree or professional qualification is absolutely the way to go, and you have taken the right decision to upgrade yourself, all that is left it taking the right step in the right direction.

From your post its is evident as you rightly said, that you want to equip yourself as you continue to raise within your company and also assist colleagues in the distribution department of your company. The channels available for you to upgrade in terms of qualifications are numerous, what is important is picking the right one for you and have it fit into you present tight work schedule.
Here are my suggestions; you can achieve this through two routes ( Academic or professional)

Academic
To pursue an Msc in Supply Chain Management, you will be looking at a minimum of 12 months of full time study outside of Nigeria, because currently I don’t think any University in the country offers a masters program in SCM, although I stand to be corrected.

This mean you will have to take a study leave to pursue your study or on the other hand if you would rather run the program via distance learning, then they are a number of good schools in the UK or US through which you can achieve this in 2 to 3 academic sessions.

Professional
You can seek membership of globally recognized and leading professional bodies in the areas of Logistics and SCM, such as, Charted institute of transport and Logistics (CITL), Institute of supply management (ISM) and the Charted institute of Purchasing and supply (CIPS) and then pursue there certification programs.

For obvious reason, I personally have favoritism for CIPS, its certification structure, module contents and strong Nigeria membership numbers and presence, makes it stand out even in Nigeria, as it dose globally.

Thus it’s up to you to pick which ever route you can follow to upgrade yourself and attain the qualification you desire, however you still need to consider which qualification type is most suited for upward career mobility wthinin your own organization.

I hope this sort of puts the whole qualification upgrade thing, in perspective for you

NB.
I am currently aware that A Management School for Supply chain management is in the process of start up, and will be located in Lagos and Abuja. It will be administered, by a Logistics consultancy firm (Prolog) in conjunction with Ivy League universities in Nigeria, the UK and US and will boost of top notch tutors and facilitators.

I will keep giving updates of this development on this tread, with full details from time to time as it progresses.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by NOMS: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2009
Thanks so much Wills. You are really a gem. Infact, you are God sent.

I will like to upgrade myself via a professional programme as suggested considering the job i have at hand now.

You mentioned about CIPS. How do i go about it with my HND and job experience.

Kindly guide me. I feel very relieved from many years of burden now.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2009
Check this link below and read post made @ abinibi and myself, it throws more light on CIPS and how to become a member, also visit the website www.cips.org

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7497.96.html

CIPS holds its exam twice a year, in May and November; registration for May exams is currently ongoing and close around mid march. Its most like likely that you will be taking the one for November, which is good, because this give you ample time to prepare for the exams.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by mikedeoye(m): 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2009
Hi all,

It's been a while i visited this thread (which is 3 yrs old now) and i'm quite happy to see that the thread has been very much alive. I could not help but appreciate the efforts of Wills and a host of others that have kept this thread alive by keeping nigerians informed of the ever dynamic SCM field.
Much have been said about SCM and i hope those that have gotten to know about the field thru this thread and decided to practise field have not regretted it. Ever since i returned back to naija (going to 3 yrs now), i have seen SCM evolve in naija and almost at per with waht is obtainable abroad but believe you me that are still loads of opportunities, hence the need for these few words of encouragement from me again.

I still wish to emphasis here that anyone (no matter ur academic background) can work as a Supply chain practitioner, what is most important is your initial amptitude, then what u need to train over time are your eyes for efficiency (i.e cost reduction) and value creation cos these are the hallmarks of Logistical planning whether in aspect of procurement, inventory mgt, distribution or any other part of the chain. Hence, need more personal studies, researches and exposure. Certifications will help but believe u me, u can't get a formal certification for every field and that is where experience and knowledge of others come in.

I hope to share with time, my new knowledge and experiences of Supply Chain Management in different industries (FMCG and O &G) and i hope to learn from others on this forum as well. It's is interesting to know that hiring into big time SCM positions are now being done on recommendations of oher professionals and i hope we can create a newwork of SCM professionals that will be useful in the near future.

I will be coming up with more contributions later.

Cheers!
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Mikedeoye Glad to see you back smiley, and to know you’re in Nig, it’s been a while, your post started off this tread and where very much informative and enlightened.

As someone with a post graduate certification in SCM and with your working experiences . I thrust we still have a lot more to learn from you and also share with you.

I am currently working on a research project, that details the concept of Integrated Logistics in the Nigerian oil and gas offshore operations, I will share excerpt from it when am done, hopefully by June 2009. In the mean time anyone with any lead as regards this topic should feel free to post them here or get in touch with me via a Private mail (PM)

@ Mike, Welcome Once again.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Pittbaby(f): 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2009
Hey quick question , which Nigerian firms have the most advanced supply chain and logistics functions?
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Pittbaby,, Brilliant question , and nice research question too for the house to look into, so any ideas people? because i don't think this is a quick question wink
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by okeyz(m): 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2009
hi wills
i have followed this thread with avid interest and most say i am more than convinced that this is the right career for me .

like you ,i have a Beng in Production Engineering and i intend develop myself with hands on skills in SCM, i have read all ur post and find ur motivation quite invigorating and inspiring,

please i will like to be included in your SCM professional forum, although i have oil and gas field expereince and i ve seen all the activities associated with procurement and logistics in the oil and gas industry,its very interesting and rewarding.

i will like to get more info on this subject and will like to know which firms does training for this subject

Also i want know which certification is more recognized btw CIPS and ISM,and i saw in the papers last week of a firm that does training for SCM and there are affiiated to ISM,USA,
the name of the firm is technologybureau at ajao estate,if u have any info about them ,i like to know,

you mentioned in one of ur post that a firm that trains intending professinals in SCM will be opening in lagos and abuja soon,so i want to know if the firm has opened for the training.

thanks for the encouragement u have been giving us so far, you and mikedeoye,nice to have u professionals around, although this is my 1st post but i have been monitoring this post and i keep seeing new positve testmonials, without any doubt SCM is the way to go,
you can reach me thru my mail okeyz2002 at yahoo dot com

please i will appreciate any help u can give me as par getting certified in this field,
my present job has to do with import/export of goods especially oil and gas goods/equipment,clearing,warehousing etc
take care,
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2009
@Okeyz, nice of you to join us, and i believe all your questions will get answers from time to time on this forum, in the mean time, i will add you to my yahoo msgr, so we can have a chat,

Cheers and Welcome!
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by okeyz(m): 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2009
CAN ONE STUDY FOR THE CIPS CERTIFICATION ALONE WITHOUT GOING THRU SOME FORM OF TRAINING?
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2009
Yes! you can do self study
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by okeyz(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2009
Does ISM have a representative here in Nigeria?,if not how can one rergister for membership?, also just a thought, i wanted to ask this question,
CIPS and ISM which one has more egde than the other, in terms of international opportunities?
hope this question is not a lame one,
thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Biliamin(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2009
I stumbled on this thread in 2007 and I immediately developed a career path for myself. Kudos to Wills and others who have resolved to changing people's lives positively.

Thanks a million.

@ NOMS

As Wills rightly said, CIPS exams come up twice in a year; May and November.

I am also an HND holder. I went to British Council - Nigeria-Lagos CIPS Liaison office to enquire about CIPS, they advised me that, with my qualification, I can put in for level 4.

I just registered with a consulting firm in Nigeria that prepares interested candidates for CIPS exams and lectures will commence in July for November diet, if you are interested you can contact them:

Akwa consulting Services
290, Borno way, Off Herbert Macaulay Road
Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos.

You can contact the General Manager on:
08030753081 or 01-4020163.

for any further details; visit: www.cips.org.

Need any assistance from me?

My mail address is midborn2002@yahoo dot co dot UK.

Cheers
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
Biliamin:

I stumbled on this thread in 2007 and I immediately developed a career path for myself. Kudos to Wills and others who have resolved to changing people's lives positively.

Thanks a million.

@Biliamin, Thanks for posting, its feedbacks like these that makes all the difference and encourages people to keep showing concern for others.

Knowing that people are always there to help and share useful information as one strives to build or further develop ones career path has kept this tread alive. In due course hopefully by the grace of God the plans to take this to a wider platform will someday materialize.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2009
@ abinibi, thanks for sharing. I for one will surely send you a PM.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Ayoolu(m): 9:44am On Jul 04, 2009
Nice to stumble on this thread. The truth however is that Supply Chain cannot be counted as a profession in Nigeria for now despite the huge potentials that abound.

Let me introduce myself. I have a degree in Agriculture and an MBA has been in this field for over 15 years.

I have done Procurement,Warehousing, Materials planning, Production Planning, Clearing and Forwarding and presently head the Logistics-Distribution of a frontline multinational in Nigeria. So i can say i know what it takes.

I tried registering for NIPSM-Nigeria some 10 years ago but left in frustration when i went through the course handout. The truth is they offer nothing for the present challenges.

Lets keep the thread alive. We are presently migrating to SAP. This will go live in March 2010. I have worked with different types of software so i will say the organisation will eventually determine what they want.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2009
Thanks @ Ayoolu, extremely elated you could join us. Please do keep sharing your insight into the profession and your views. As this will be of immense benefit to many .

Cheers.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Ayoolu(m): 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2009
Anybody in the house?

Lets share experiences on SLA and outsourcing since this is the main focus of all organisations these days.

Yes for me they are mainly driven by agreed KPIs but we are yet to transit to the level of bonus for over achievement and penalties for under achievement. What do we do? .Sometimes your partners look you in the eye and ask whether you are operating in Nigeria or elsewhere. Operating in panic mode all the time does not look good at all.

Lets share experiences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers / Nigerian Police Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.