Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport (3252 Views)

Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) / Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine / Nigerian, German Wife Shot By Landlord In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by moremi2008(m): 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
Na wa o! When did Nigerians start smuggling drugs from the US to Europe?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A German man was caught with more than a kilogram of cocaine inside his digestive system at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas.

Authorities said Christopher Adiegwu, 43, was trying to catch a plane from Las Vegas to London on August 17, when U.S. Customs officers inspected him after becoming suspicious that he was carrying narcotics.

Officers took Adiegwu to a nearby hospital for X-rays, where they found several dozen pellets in his upper digestive system.

He was given laxatives, and eliminated 81 plastic pellets containing cocaine, about 1.2 kilograms.

Adiegwu was charged in a criminal indictment filed on Tuesday. He faces federal drug charges for possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute.

If convicted, Adiegwu could face five to 40 years in prison and a $5 million fine.

His arraignment has been set for Sept. 9.

Authorities said Adiegwu is a German citizen and a native of Nigeria. He originally arrived in the U.S. at Los Angeles International Airport on August 5.

The case is being investigated by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/128834598.html

Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
another one bites the dust!
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by claremont(m): 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
Wrong and deceptive title! There is no such thing as "Nigerian-German", it is either he is a German, or he is a Nigerian. I have never heard anyone being referred to as Nigerian-American or Nigerian-British; a ridiculous and downright callous murder of the English Language. The man is a German passport holder originally from Nigeria, NOT Nigerian-German!
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by moremi2008(m): 2:13am On Sep 02, 2011
claremont:

Wrong and deceptive title! There is no such thing as "Nigerian-German", it is either he is a German, or he is a Nigerian. I have never heard anyone being referred to as Nigerian-American or Nigerian-British; a ridiculous and downright callous murder of the English Language. The man is a German passport holder originally from Nigeria, NOT Nigerian-German!

We have Nigerian Americans over here, and a lot of Nigerians that acquire European passports keep their Nigerian passports as well. You seem really angry at something. Is the guy your brother? Or are you the godfather that sponsored the trip?
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by claremont(m): 8:22am On Sep 02, 2011
moremi2008:

We have Nigerian Americans over here, and a lot of Nigerians that acquire European passports keep their Nigerian passports as well. You seem really angry at something. Is the guy your brother? Or are you the godfather that sponsored the trip?
Guy, I am saying that Nigerian-German is a wrong and deceptive use of English Language, and you are alluding that I must have sponsored the trip. Anyway, totally disregard my correction, continue with your verbal diarrhoea; just don't say this kind of thing in a gathering of educated and enlightened men! cool
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by moremi2008(m): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2011
claremont:

Guy, I am saying that Nigerian-German is a wrong and deceptive use of English Language, and you are alluding that I must have sponsored the trip. Anyway, totally disregard my correction, continue with your verbal diarrhoea; just don't say this kind of thing in a gathering of educated and enlightened men! cool

Yet, I doubt you would know what "enlightened" means if it got up and slapped you in the face. Please get out of here with this nonsense; you're annoying.
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by MissyB3(f): 10:59am On Sep 02, 2011
moremi2008:

Yet, I doubt you would know what "enlightened" means if it got up and slapped you in the face. Please get out of here with this nonsense; you're annoying.
Can I buy you a drink, please? Perfect comeback!  grin
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by moremi2008(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Can I buy you a drink, please?! Perfect comeback! grin

Haha! Thanks. Unfortunately, I quit drinking. grin
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by eghost247(m): 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
40years ha GoodLuck to him
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by midep: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
Na wa o !!! Thank GOD am a proud oduduwa child, if igbo people no do 419, dem go carry cocaine while d Abokis na suicide bombers. Infact cnt wait for the Republic of Oduduwa cos dis pple dey Bleep us up,
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^^^
SMH!!!

Igbos aint the only ones committing crimes ode. its a universal thing. leave tribalism out of this.
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by damola1: 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
Shame on him. At least, if the guy no be Nigerian- German, he should be a German citizen and a native of Nigeria. And that'll soil our name dirty again, else, what's this topic doing on NL.
Re: Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport by kennybuda: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2011
@midep yeruba man u don carry come again can someone give me a reason why yerubas hate the igbos ? what about tones of yeruba people caught in uk for credit card fraud fails document oluwale google tunde in spain, idiot as you are

(1) (Reply)

Horrible Experience With Wakanow! Avoid!!! / Disadvantage Of Relocating Abroad / Flight Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.