Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk (39447 Views)

My Journey From Maiduguri To Lagos||worse Experience Ever. / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Oluwomonext212(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
Lol …. Naija we get time even at work we still get time to play around. Oyinbo no get time. Na work work work so they treat every holiday as a special time to stay home with their family, sleep and thinking about their lives.
Nothing like naija when it comes to balling and social gathering na we get am, but no be who don chop dey ball Na why people dey run away to where dem fit chop even if balling no dey.
As e be for your side Naso e be for Bradford even London… na sleep we sleep on Xmas day and new year smiles
koife:
Hello nairalanders, I am particularly compelled to pen this down as I observe my first Xmas away from nja.

Omo forget, nja get swag, community life and it's much fun there during this time of the year.

Yeah, we have our own bad side, but mehn, our social and family life is none to compare with.

Can you imagine, a whole Xmas, the place be like say na curfew Dem declare... Everybody "on your own". Mall shut, pubs shut, kababs, shut, no taxi....everywhere dead.

D one wia pain me pass na say I never carry eye see my flatmate since two days now. Abi this people normal so, or abi na over civilization dey worry Dem? I am so bored and tired that I had to drive out and to my greatest surprise na dead dry town I see. If na nja I dey so, na steady balling...huz to huz chopinz, visits, laughter, palmy, give away, oloshi lmao etc.

Abroad mongers abeg I carry God name beg una, stay back ooo nja na Diamond and Gold. Una no know wetin una get untill una come hia.

By the way, if any nja correct guy dey around Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK abeg make we connect gather make some noice jor, even if na Norwich I go drive come.

I run come hia, as we no get better education. If e bin dey, I nor for come hia lailai.

Meanwhile, seasons greetings y'all.
Much love.
Xoxo

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by riches4me(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
Bros all these guys u were responding to their comments can never empathize with you.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by teepain: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
There were notices by most businesses that they would be closed. Everyone one deserves to spend holiday at home with family and loved ones unlike in Nigeria. What you should have done is team up with fellow Nigerians organize food and shayo and have fun. I can bet my hand say you will not return to Nigeria after your studies.

Bros don't bet your hand because you might just lose it, if the guy was like me. I had a fellowship with the American government and I was on a J-1 as a Government visitor. Once, my fellowship ended I got on United Airline back to Naija. People are wired differently.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Madups(m): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
Thank God you say nja cos nothing sweet inside 2022 christmas for nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by GEEBITE: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
Havent you heard of cultural differences. Thats the way they celebrate Christmas. It is a day dedictated for family bonding or to visit aged parents whether in their homes or in a hospice. You wait till Easter weekend bank holiday and you see the difference.
koife:
Hello nairalanders, I am particularly compelled to pen this down as I observe my first Xmas away from nja.

Omo forget, nja get swag, community life and it's much fun there during this time of the year.

Yeah, we have our own bad side, but mehn, our social and family life is none to compare with.

Can you imagine, a whole Xmas, the place be like say na curfew Dem declare... Everybody "on your own". Mall shut, pubs shut, kababs, shut, no taxi....everywhere dead.

D one wia pain me pass na say I never carry eye see my flatmate since two days now. Abi this people normal so, or abi na over civilization dey worry Dem? I am so bored and tired that I had to drive out and to my greatest surprise na dead dry town I see. If na nja I dey so, na steady balling...huz to huz chopinz, visits, laughter, palmy, give away, oloshi lmao etc.

Abroad mongers abeg I carry God name beg una, stay back ooo nja na Diamond and Gold. Una no know wetin una get untill una come hia.

By the way, if any nja correct guy dey around Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK abeg make we connect gather make some noice jor, even if na Norwich I go drive come.

I run come hia, as we no get better education. If e bin dey, I nor for come hia lailai.

Much love.
Xoxo

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Lekan239(m): 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
entrep88:

I over get it bro! see even if na to stay indoors for UK and get a better life then so be it. In life we can't really get all we want same way we can't eat cake and still have it. Na person prayer points you dey use play so grin grin grin. Sincerely, I know how it feels coming from this side the atmosphere is usually electric in Naija, the food swappings, the Banger, the Journeys and Church activities and so on gives so much memories that anyone will always miss. Recently, the activities have dropped compared to growing-up, I think Technology and Internet has influenced human relationships and activities alot, where you sit-down and literally have everything you want, it's crazy bro. But no reason am o! Anyways I know say una gum hand do Xmas for me make I drop Aza relocate to the nearest Bar on your behalf grin grin
you are using g staying indoors and better live in the same sentence. Wow.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by funshint(m): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
I believe only extroverts will have problem staying abroad. Some of us dey dis naija wey be say even if we dey inside house for 2wks we no dey get problem so far food dey grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by GEEBITE: 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
Dont mind him. We know his type.
TheGoodAmerican:
Did you expect those places to open on Christmas day? Christmas is only once a year; those people deserve to spend it with their loved ones too. Besides, since the UK is only a few hours away from Nigeria, if being with your family is important to you on Christmas, all you had to do was book a flight.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by uvie66: 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2023
dplordx:
Human beings;
You Dey country where you get 24/7 light
With good security
With peace of mind if small change dey
With leaders who give a damn about you
With decent neighbors who nor Dey disturb your life
Still you dey look for family and Naija friends wahala. Alaye, try dey grateful nah
..... brother live that matter, UK na work, home, work, home, or school to home, then back to school, the monotony fit make you go mad

5 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by peacettw: 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Brosie, I don't care. Nigeria is such a lovely country, it hard to explain except you experience certain things. Bro abeg no ccurm hia

I believe you. Was there for 3 months and I couldn't take it anymore. I am not in the least bit social but even I felt the heat over there. Noone cares about your existence. You exist solely for you.

I appreciated Nigeria more when I was there and I don't think I will ever take family or even the little social life I have going on for me here for granted anymore.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Bluntemperor: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Brosie, I don't care. Nigeria is such a lovely country, it hard to explain except you experience certain things. Bro abeg no ccurm hia

Beautiful you! we shall get it right this time!
A Jo o dabi Ile( nowhere like home)!
See- what Nigerian Youths are asking our so called leaders are so small to what Nigerian Politicians are Stealing through the Fake Budgets,Heavy Allowances and Salaries for work not done- go to our Legislatures ( Federal and States)
•good Transportation ( sea,land and rail)
•24- Hours Light - imagine that Discos could not give lights because GEMCO is deceiving Nigerians,as they don't have anything to generate so DISCOS and they too have nothing to distribute,yet they are receiving Salaries and Allowances for work NOT done! Their days are numbered,like NITEL OR M-TEL of those days!
•Without lights,how do we have Industrialization,for using generators can't bring Industrialization in this 21-Century?
•NO REFINERY for Nigerians - stop saying Refineries are faulty for Repairs - na lie,they are just very Corrupt Officials that are holding Nigeria to ransom! Both NNPC and it's Subsidiaries should be flushed out for putting Nigerians in pain and the Youths in dangerously unknown Future!
Florida State alone has over 40 or more Refineries!
Our leaders are just evil, wicked and Shameless,as they don't want Nigeria-to move forward but God pass them!
OP, I feel you here but we look forward to a better life no matter what!
Always remember that White men are many in Nigeria - they have come to Nigeria to stay here because they love it- the warm weather,the beautiful landscapes,the surrounding Seas, Oceans,etc! Our Foods and recipe are just too fanimorous and we have an expanded African Families and bond Unions.
indeed, Proudly Africans!
Keep hope alive,bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Aboguede(m): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:
Thnx bro.
Na mixed church I dey go. The only nja guy there no dey keep hm word. Dude is blessed though but keeps forgetting appointment. We were to travel to Norwich together but guess what, he forgot yet again

Op, op, op.

How many times did I call u?

This ur story na fake and dream story.

You better use ur time to become a responsible human being ooh.

This nairaland no get future ooh.

If u like dey here dey imagine and dey create fantasy stories, Las Las, na ur eye u go take see ur life.

I sure say u dey one dirty location for oshodi and u no see rice chop for this Xmas yet u get time to dey imagine fantasy.

Ur mumu never dooo shocked
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Allisgud: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
Gerrard59:
Find some Nigerians and mingle with or better still, use the uninterrupted electricity and WiFi and learn new things. The system is radically different from Nigeria, If you wanted a social environment, you should have gone to Brazil. If e tire you, London has four airports and it is only a 6-hour journey.

I never see this kain noise from Nigerians in Australia or even the US. Honestly, from the way you people complain every now and then, e go hard una to stay in a functioning place. Worse still, you people would not join hands to make your environment to be comfortable so that you can shout as you like while having constant electricity and security.
no mind Nigerian complain too much,so because of crowded chrismas area u want to come back
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by djseanjohn77: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

Be ready, you will endure the boredom for at least 3 years or so. You have to choose one evil over another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by ednut1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
teepain:

Bros don't bet your hand because you might just lose it, if the guy was like me. I had a fellowship with the American government and I was on a J-1 as a Government visitor. Once, my fellowship ended I got on United Airline back to Naija. People are wired differently.
you no spend money like that when compared to him wey don pay expensive school fees.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by tremilatre(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo
Why you sef carry yourself go Suffolk . If to say you dey nearby, I for ball with you. No dull moment I'm my region. On a norm, Norfolk & Suffona dead areas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

Funny you. You are there telling people not to come because your Christmas is boring. Boredom is the least of our problems in Nigeria. why did you go? you wanted to good education and you know Nigeria is not going to provide you. so we the promising youth should and suffer bad education and ASUU strike and shouldn't think of coming to UK to get good education?

You are travelling from state to state in the UK. You think you can travel like that in Nigeria. without the fear of someone kidnapping you or accident due to bad road. You are enjoying serenity, security and good infrastructure there and telling Nigerians to stay?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by FavouredNK: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
Abeg learn how to live a private life and desist from discouraging others, if you can't stay in foreign country then come back to your oshodi/mushin lifestyle that you are use to. It's not by force to study abroad especially when that life is not into you in the first place. It's holiday season and is meant for resting and family bonding not for mushin and ikorodu carnivals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by FavouredNK: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Come back first to show how serious you are before telling others not to come.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by teepain: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
you no spend money like that when compared to him wey don pay expensive school fees.

True that. But one or 2 of my colleagues stayed back. Essentially, individual circumstances and personal goals too play a role in such instances. There are no hard and fast rules.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by NickD(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:
Lol, once I'm done with my course. God forbid make i reason anyhow
Why are you lying to yourself...u way don dey plan to apply for 2 years post study visa or find job with COS. No worry I dey enter Norfolk by march, I go block you lol.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Lepon02: 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

Huz to huz choppinz? What the hell is that? Are you insane?

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by FavouredNK: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Oga the write up no be to show off I carry GOD name Beg you, na to warn and inform yapa crew. Trust me, that's my honest intention.

Egbor, no vex u hia.

Seasons greetings

So what happens to the thousands of Nigerians who has been living in UK plus millions of those that still travels everyday. Are they still not there enjoying their lives peacefully and you that just went yesterday will not allow us to hear word telling ppl not come. You are meant to live ur own life and allow others to make their choices, enough with noise pls.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Bossjakande: 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
If I born a baby in UK will she become a citizen

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Lionize: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo
Bro, you may need to relocate. I don't mean to diss, but I never liked UK. Got admission there but would only go if that is the last japa resort. Here in Stockholm, Christmas started on 24th Dec. The fireworks on 31st/New was electrifying to say the least. Make efforts to connect with the kind of people you wish to be around. I turned down an invite on 31st because I had accepted another. You make the best out of life.
The only advice to give to people wanting to leave naija is to choose where to go, no be only because person fit visit another unannounced or with short notice for balling go make naija better pass some places abroad. I hate such comparisons. Even people who have means in naija now are not so free to enjoy themselves because of insecurity. Naija is messed and needs to be cleaned up.

A banker whose salary is 200k per month spends N500 per Litre of petrol just to get his family to sleep with fan, how much of his salary has petrol gulped already? Abeg, make una dey dey rational when comparing naija to developed countries. For now, naija is only good to visit if neccessary, not to live in. Na my opinion be that. For those who want to leave, I pray they see a way to do so.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by mekybabe1: 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
Exactly my conversation with a friend this morning. I stay at Coventry while my friend stays at Leeds. It is terribly boring. I miss naija a lot. Most Nigerians living here hope to make enough money to sustain themselves before settling back home. Many plan to come back home. I'm only here on visit and I can't wait to run back to naija I swear. Anyone who haven't been here won't understand the depth of boredom over here.

5 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Exceed15: 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2023
U r always welcome back bro

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by lexy2014: 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Wetin come make you go UK and what are you doing there?

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by faithfull18(f): 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hanhan, to some of us, this is normal life even in Naija. OP, pele grin

4 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by lexy2014: 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
mekybabe1:
Exactly my conversation with a friend this morning. I stay at Coventry while my friend stays at Leeds. It is terribly boring. I miss naija a lot. Most Nigerians living here hope to make enough money to sustain themselves before settling back home. Many plan to come back home. I'm only here on visit and I can't wait to run back to naija I swear. Anyone who haven't been here won't understand the depth of boredom over here.

If the place no favou you,, come back. Which one be all this grammar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suspected Drunk Driver Seen Driving Dangerously In Lekki, Lagos (Photo, Video) / Pictures Of The Completed Ijebu Ode-Epe-Sagamu-Benin Expressway Interchange. / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.