Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

What Did You Do With Your First Salary? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Did You Do With Your First Salary? (11792 Views)

How Much Was Your First Salary And Which Year / How Did You Spend Your First Salary ? / Man Who Searched For A Job For 6 Years Dies A Day Before His First Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Tegabadguy(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Abi1985:
I remember the first time I got my first salary as an adult. I gave everyone that i was living with some cash, bought some household items and spend the rest on clothes.
i got drunk and Bleep ashawo
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
I sowed everything to FalseProphet1 as a seed. Today, he is cruising Roll Royce and i'm still jumping Lekki shuttle up and down. My Kurd will judge him.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by AreaFada2: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Okealaaye:
My first salary was N84 only. I bought a bottle of Whitehorse for my father. He called our neighbours to come around to pray for me. It was the only time I saw my father shed tears, albeit tears of joy. According to him, he never believed that a child of his would ever attend secondary school talk less of becoming a school certificate holder teaching in a Modern School. I was going to be 17 years old the following month then. That was in October 1975.
That was good Salary then o. Murtala Mohamed came to power just a few months earlier.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by doggedfighter(f): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Okealaaye:
My first salary was N84 only. I bought a bottle of Whitehorse for my father. He called our neighbours to come around to pray for me. It was the only time I saw my father shed tears, albeit tears of joy. According to him, he never believed that a child of his would ever attend secondary school talk less of becoming a school certificate holder teaching in a Modern School. I was going to be 17 years old the following month then. That was in October 1975.

Touching

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
kenedyx:
My first salary was 38k, I was 16yrs. Bought my first smartphone for 25k. Remember playing 8 sweet odds that day, Milan was the last game and they won. It was crazy, It's like being paid your salary twice on the same day within hours.

What sort of job did you do at 16 that paid you 36k.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by doggedfighter(f): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
phorget:

So the seed wey you sow since then never gree to germinate? undecided

Hahahahahaha grin

Pastor Don enjoy his money
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by kenedyx: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

What sort of job did you do at 16 that paid you 36k.

I was (still am) a graphic designer. I got a 'big' job then to print 1000 copies of a poster. That boosted my salary because I get paid based on how much i make for the company.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Lanxoe96(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
thuxzwda1:
I first go artillery go drink black bullet.....then chicken Republic for a bucket of chicken.....con go drink stout for akon, woji... grin grin.......other things no concern una grin grin
Aboi carry on my ph comrade...
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Alphafeezay(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
ccffwx:
I still remember that I sowed all as my first fruit to God.

Nice
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
kenedyx:

I was (still am) a graphic designer. I got a 'big' job then to print 1000 copies of a poster. That boosted my salary because I get paid based on how much i make for the company.

Cool stuff. Kudos to you.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by babaarewa(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
My first salary was N140. which I used N90. to buy a 12 inches black and white TV. The remaining money I used for clothing.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by EngrKemp: 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Okealaaye:
Greetings Sir.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by IranianSea: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
ccffwx:
Really? grin grin grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Banbanna(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
My take-home salary dey finish for bus stop.... nothing to be taken home

You no send anyone abi? So you just dispatch your own on the way like your moniker suggests wink.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by DispatcherLagos: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Banbanna:

You no send anyone abi? So you just dispatch your own on the way like your moniker suggests wink.
My area of specialization is in the dispatch of human brain. Like I successfully dispatched yours grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Softmirror: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
ccffwx:

grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
ImoleNaija:

Considering these listed expenses, I would really like to know how much you got as first salary.

It was principle set by my parents that I had to settle everyone at home and buy some items.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
deavicky:
that ur salary big oh. When I got my first salary 2008 e no even reach the problem I keep for am let alone to share to anybody.
It was not a lot. One rule set by my parents was to settle everyone at home with your 1st salary and buy at least a household items no matter how small the items was. I bought soaps to bath and gave everyone money.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by ccffwx: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
IranianSea:

Really? grin grin grin

For real. It was my first 'allawee' from NYSC. It was a huge sacrifice then that was how I knew it was worth it.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
Smoked a bag of weed.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Lekwandoskii(m): 12:05am On Dec 29, 2022
Get paid for sharing articles on Facebook. Don't just spend money running through Facebook, instead spend and earn whilst using the site...Follow the link below & start earning today �

https://buzz24.me/this-app-pays-you-to-share-articles-on-facebook?mbn=u07c8abb3e

Pls don't forget to share this link with your friends. Thanx �
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Funflipper: 3:30am On Dec 29, 2022
ccffwx:

lol, congratulations!!
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by MrBroke(m): 6:20am On Dec 29, 2022
Never had
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by shantti(m): 6:31am On Dec 29, 2022
Akuruoulo:

Not actually.
Am the only son and my immediate senior sister is just like my twin sister. I love her son much.
She complained about phone and I bought it for her while she was in school

you r lucky, i cant do that for my own elder sister, she dey annoy me tremendously
she is fully out to proove to me that ada is greater than diokpala
childish mentality
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Koko88(m): 6:53am On Dec 29, 2022
It was in 2004 after I left secondary school. My first salary paid around #3000. I used it to buy foodstuff for the house. My Mom was pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Trueyarn(m): 7:05am On Dec 29, 2022
I went and booked a studio session with it. Now I have an award in my catalogue, been signed to an international label, I now produce myself and I have a video currently enjoying airplay on MTV, Soundcity and the likes. It paid off.
The title of the song is RISE by 100% Records ft D-$harp# & Grammyberry.
Check it out on youtube or stay glued to your TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NXR76P_06s
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Adebowhales(m): 9:13am On Dec 29, 2022
EmahnueelGold99:
tho the various decisions I have made in life and my present condition is really bad
How do you mean?
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Nobodysboo(m): 10:38am On Dec 29, 2022
Fvck ashawo
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adebowhales:

How do you mean?
Been battling gambling addiction for a very long time now it has really made me next to nothing
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
EmahnueelGold99:

Been battling gambling addiction for a very long time now it has really made me next to nothing

Sorry to hear, I hope u can beat this addiction. Have you seek help from a professional? To beat an addiction one must seek help from a professional who can help you? They can guide you and even give u resources to help you
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2022
shantti:

you r lucky, i cant do that for my own elder sister, she dey annoy me tremendously
she is fully out to proove to me that ada is greater than diokpala
childish mentality

Ada is never better than dibiulo.
They are special in their own ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Has Successfully Applied For Diamond Bank Job / Maersk Line Customer Service Agent Recruitment / N-Power Beneficiaries Protest In Enugu Over Nonpayment Of 5months Stipends By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.