Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,912 members, 7,802,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun (22882 Views)

Labour Party Announces Osuntokun As Obi’s Campaign DG / Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong / Why I Accepted To Be Peter Obi’s Running Mate –datti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by julaion: 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
Why I accepted Obi’s campaign DG appointment – Osuntokun

28th December 2022

The new Director General of Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Council, Akin Osuntokun, said he accepted the appointment without religious or ethnic sentiments.

He also dismissed speculations that he may have influenced or lobbied for his new job.

Osuntokun was responding to questions from The PUNCH on how he would face critics from the South West which is dominated by the All Progressives Congress and supporters of its presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, for choosing to work with the presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi.

He said, “We are taking Nigeria away from the culture of sentiments. We are not going to help in perpetuating those primordial sentiments. Being a Yoruba man, Igbo or Fulani should not be a determinant to winning the election this time.

“Otherwise, we will be holding ourselves responsible for all things that have gone wrong in this country. The question should be about competence and antecedents.”

Asked if he would be under any form of pressure after his appointment following the exit of Okupe, Osuntokun admitted that he would not be the only person undergoing such pressure.

Osuntokun said though his new role may come with additional responsibilities, he was equal to the task of taking pressure.

“Of course, so will be the other DGs of other campaigns. Anybody in the campaign hierarchy will necessarily be under pressure until after the election. It is not an armchair position.

“Naturally, I feel good about it. I look forward to the new role. It didn’t come to me as a shock. I didn’t lobby for it.

“As the zonal coordinator of the South West and in the hierarchy of the campaign organisation, I am next to the DG of the South West. If we look at it from that perspective, it didn’t come to me as a surprise. That is the simple explanation for that”, he said.

Speaking on how he intended to hit the ground running, the former managing director of News Agency of Nigeria said that he had a considerable wealth of experience in terms of participating in the presidential election in Nigeria.

“It is not new terrain. I led the 2003 and 2007 presidential elections as a political adviser,” he said.

The former aide to President Olusegun Obasanjo was unveiled as the new helmsman of Obi’s campaign in Abuja on Tuesday.

He replaced the former DG, Doyin Okupe, who announced his resignation in a letter last Tuesday following a Federal High Court ruling in Abuja that convicted him of violating the money laundering Act.

Two days ago, Obi’s Media Aide, Emeka Obasi, told our correspondent that the new DG to head the campaign council would be announced in 48 hours.

But rising from a strategic meeting of the party which has Obi, members of the National Working Committee and several political candidates of Labour Party in attendance, LP National Chairman, Julius Abure, told journalists that Osuntokun was the anointed one.

He described the former managing director of NAN as a ‘worthy and trustworthy’ replacement for Okupe.

Osuntokun became the South West leader of the party after he defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the LP in August 2022.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/why-i-accepted-obis-campaign-dg-appointment-osuntokun/%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjCiYiKqpz8AhVoTqQEHZwgACAQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw02biPSKNSnq8Rw7kJgDs_y

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Agronomix: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
He looks well-refined. That's what truly matters to me

206 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by after4: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
This man will defeat tifnubu in his iragbiji polling unit.

Who wan bet?

216 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by ThoughtOfYou: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
Congratulations on your new appointment

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by habsydiamond(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
PO is the real deal.... they said he only has social media voters... now let them watch as social media voters will take him to the Aso Rock.

161 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Obaofaba: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
You accepted the offer just to cash out like your predecessor and to fund your own campaigns with zenith labour party.

Obi is the newest cash cow in town we must milk him dry after all, he claimed to be richer than the USA president.

Nawa money, get your cutz

24 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Validated: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
Peter Obi is A GOAL

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Peter Obi is the choice of Nigerians who have witnessed 7 years of failure under APC. Now they want to sell the National leader of the same APC as the solution to the problems they created. Very funny people with their demented vagabonds-in-training called urchins on Nairaland

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by herkeem: 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Good reasons there......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Nwaezeudo: 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
You made the best choice sir!

To hell with the old corrupt and senile bed wetter according to Kwankwaso tongue

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Killerbag36: 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Tinubu its a failure

The town hall different from angry grin grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by atobs4real(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
If u like they appoint u as monkey post

1 Like

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Obaofaba: 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Zenith labour party senotorial candidate.

The supleme monkey must be thought a lesson of his life.

You can't run a state dry and making it the poverty capital of the world and with unexplained level of insecurities and expected to be rewarded with the presidency.

No way.....

We must deal with you severely at the polls with our superior numerical strengths

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by southsouthking(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agronomix:
He looks well-refined. That's what truly matters to me

LP itself it's full of people who are learned.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Fonyeri(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
Good
Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by PussyMiners: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
This worthless clown with no electoral value grin cheesy
Sha collect enough dollar from the ipobian drug pin .
Cash out season grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Smokkio7: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hmmm

1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Gohs: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Peter Obi is our incoming president in 2023. . .

My people let's come out to vote in large numbers.

We're pushing him to Abuja to go and work for us. . .
You hear?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Kingspin(m): 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Deji and co. are only dreaming of a new Nigeria but lazy to work for it.
What a confused Artivist.
#Blackman

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Amspecial: 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Win

1 Like

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by pacespot(m): 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Obi coasting to victory

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by casualobserver: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Obi, Datti, Okupe,
Osuntokun….what do they all have in common?

They are all ex PDP members!! Keep deceiving yourselves that they represent a new Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by IranianSea: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
julaion:
Why I accepted Obi’s campaign DG appointment – Osuntokun

28th December 2022

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/why-i-accepted-obis-campaign-dg-appointment-osuntokun/%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjCiYiKqpz8AhVoTqQEHZwgACAQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw02biPSKNSnq8Rw7kJgDs_y

Build their weak confidence with word of mouth and take their money with your both hands. Sharp man grin grin grin Who go see free money no go wan chop, clean mouth cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by GoodCane: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
southsouthking:

LP itself it's full of people who are learned.
Agreed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Jesuschristus: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Obi can't win

1 Like

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Seyifyn: 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
Okay
Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by casualobserver: 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
Obi, Datti, Okupe,
Osuntokun….what do they all have in common?

They are all ex PDP members!! The biggest looters of the treasury since Abacha!! Keep deceiving yourselves that they represent a new Nigeria.

They are not in power and some of them are already embezzling campaign funds.

Have you had a look at LP party members? They look hungry and ready to steal.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
Well done Osuntokun. You are the DG of the incoming president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Congrats!

8 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by OfficialP: 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
Congrats, but the only issue is this man is not outspoken and eloquent like doyin
Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Racoon(m): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
“We are taking Nigeria away from the culture of sentiments. We are not going to help in perpetuating those primordial sentiments. Being a Yoruba man, Igbo or Fulani should not be a determinant to winning the election this time...."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by Obaofaba: 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
IranianSea:

Build their weak confidence with word of mouth and take their money with your both hands. Sharp man grin grin grin Who go see free money no go wan chop, clean mouth cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless you sir

Omoluabi no dey dull.

If a thief comes to you with his stolen wealths, get your shares but be smart about it.

Don't milk him too recklessly like Okupe did, make it gradual but continuous.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun by DrAkpamudehe: 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Silly obi-pigs

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Makes His Entrance To APC Enugu Rally Amidst Shouts Of "Oshiobaba" / Oloriegbe Leads Saraki In Day One Of Kwara Must Change Senatorial Poll / Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Rally In Ogun (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.