Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field (5018 Views)

Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. / Backend Development Is Actually Easier. / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by emoboy4u: 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
qtguru:
Personally my experience is different, it's always Recruiters not being able to find good talent. I can show you mails of .e explaining to people I can't take gigs, yet it's hard to refer people because of lack of experience.
Boss you are high up the pyramid na. The war is at the base of the pyramid where many of us belong.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by qtguru(m): 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
emoboy4u:
Boss you are high up the pyramid na. The war is at the base of the pyramid where many of us belong.

But I believe people can catch on quickly, just that how fast people learn differs.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by BlownTurbsky: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
There are brilliant people to listen to on YouTube. This guy is not one of them.

Dumb.ass

1 Like

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Foyedun: 2:22am On Jan 03, 2023
please i need help on this, i have uiux design assessment

Nice to meet you.
I'm Ada, Andela's hiring assistant.

We are really excited about your application � and would like to invite you for an online chat.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by motionarena: 6:19am On Jan 03, 2023
Thermodynamics:
Hello, I saw this guy's video on YouTube who talked about how the field of
software development is now oversaturated with millions of Indians and just people in general from both 3rd world and 1st world countries rushing in and learning how to code, creating a huge amount of competition

Another major point out there is that the entry barrier for a software developer is very low, anybody from any field can become a programmer, someone with a degree in theater art for instance can learn how to code and become a competition for you who has a computer science degree, I personally have a child hood friend who studied history in the University and is now employed as a software developer. In some cases there are even people who have gotten employed as a software developer with no undergraduate degree.
It's just like a field for everyone.

Also, a point the YouTube guy hited is the fact that machine learning and artificial intelligence is taking over, most of the jobs that usually need to be manually done by a software developer can now be automated and done with some software that can be operated by anyone with just some basic computer skills.

I fear for the future or this field,
it seems like in a not so distant future having a skill in software development would be as common as having a skill in Microsoft word or Excel.

Here is the YouTube link if you want to watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwbM63-LFD4

I'm not here to discourage anyone, just think for yourself, the floor is open for educative conversations.

Lol keep giving excuses for your failure.
The field of Software development can never be saturated.

Though we have many people going into programming many will just end up with average skill.

As a quality Software Engineer who knows his onions
you can never go hungry.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by qtguru(m): 9:48am On Jan 03, 2023
Foyedun:
please i need help on this, i have uiux design assessment

Nice to meet you.
I'm Ada, Andela's hiring assistant.

We are really excited about your application � and would like to invite you for an online chat.

What type of help ?
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Thermodynamics(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2023
motionarena:

Though we have many people going into programming many will just end up with average skill.

you can never go hungry.

You are a very big fool, you don't know how to read, you cannot even understand a simple text. I posted something citing points a YouTuber made in his video and you are here talking rubbish, I'm already a software developer, talking as if you know me.

You just rushed here and responded like an illiterate, you cannot even comprehend the simple message this thread is trying to pass, I doubt if you have the logic to understand a simple code.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by chim14(m): 8:37am On Jan 05, 2023
motionarena:

you can never go hungry.

I "hate" these type of software developers that talk like this. Very arrogant, the have knowledge but no COMPASS.

3 Likes

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by chim14(m): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2023
Thermodynamics:

You are a very big fool, you don't know how to read, you cannot even understand a simple text. I posted something citing points a YouTuber made in his video and you are here talking rubbish, I'm already a software developer, talking as if you know me.

You just rushed here and responded like an illiterate, you cannot even comprehend the simple message this thread is trying to pass, I doubt if you have the logic to understand a simple code.

Dont mind him. He think success is by those bunch of rubbish tech stacks he has under the belt.

2 Likes

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by TooMuchSense1(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
Can someone please add me to any WhatsApp Group of programmers
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Kemadealadire(f): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
No way, programming is tough, not everyone can follow through till they become an expert in it. It's never going to be saturated.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Thermodynamics(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
qtguru:

But I believe people can catch on quickly, just that how fast people learn differs.

The real issue is the fact that companies no longer give people the chance to gain the experience they need, a few years ago, tech jobs do not put too much emphasis in years of experience, but these days, every tech company want someone with at least 3 years of experience, even the start-up that want's to pay #50,000 naira per month are still looking for someone with 3years experience.

It's just crazy, do they want people to manufacture the experience out of thin air?
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by qtguru(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
Thermodynamics:

The real issue is the fact that companies no longer give people the chance to gain the experience they need, a few years ago, tech jobs do not put too much emphasis in years of experience, but these days, every tech company want someone with at least 3 years of experience, even the start-up that want's to pay #50,000 naira per month are still looking for someone with 3years experience.

It's just crazy, do they want people to manufacture the experience out of thin air?

Well most junior devs make themselves appear very junior, if a recruiter sees Calculator app he won't employ, if a company sees a Junior Dev building something complex like Shopify Plugin or theme, he would consider.

6 Likes

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Maxxim: 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
qtguru:

Well most junior devs make themselves appear very junior, if a recruiter sees Calculator app he won't employ, if a company sees a Junior Dev building something complex like Shopify Plugin or theme, he would consider.

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Qinglong(m): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
It's saturated for entry-level devs. Just check Reddit and you'll see CS graduates with internships applying for 100+ jobs and begging for any kind of help they can get. Not easy at all.

There's some seniors that make dedicated Slack/Discord channels for juniors to refer/recommend each other and get jobs, though I have only seen for the US. Anyway, both learning and getting a job doesn't seem to be easy at all. Let's just do our best and hope it favors us in the end.

1 Like

Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by nadisms: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
Qinglong:
It's saturated for entry-level devs. Just check Reddit and you'll see CS graduates with internships applying for 100+ jobs and begging for any kind of help they can get. Not easy at all.

There's some seniors that make dedicated Slack/Discord channels for juniors to refer/recommend each other and get jobs, though I have only seen for the US. Anyway, both learning and getting a job doesn't seem to be easy at all. Let's just do our best and hope it favors us in the end.

Pls hw do I join such channels?
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Qinglong(m): 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
nadisms:

Pls hw do I join such channels?
I don't know o. I was trying too, but the owners always say it's only for US residents at the moment.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by DunDucatti: 7:21pm On May 21, 2023
From my experience, I would like to recommend the company zenbit.tech, which specializes in backend development. They have a handy calculator that allows you to get an idea of the approximate cost of developing the server side of your application https://zenbit.tech/services/backend-cost-calculator/ . This tool will help you estimate the budget and plan the development of your project.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Sheriman(m): 10:17pm On May 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Yeah, I wont advise anyone to learn to code anymore. The best skill for a Nigerian to learn now is farming especially with how the government is pumping money into the agricultural sector. You can pick up a lot of skills like weeding, planting, ploughing, tractor and okada riding alongside.
See this Agbadolites!! You are listening to all those YouTubers who are making click bait just to get views. Most of them are not really programmers they are content creator making videos about programming stuff.
The truth is that many people will learn and continuing to learn how to code but few among them who is ready to sacrifice will become highly skilled and excellent programmer.
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by Sheriman(m): 10:22pm On May 21, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

People still listen to this guy? Ex Google ex Facebook.

So you know him too especially this particular guy. Such a bloody liar misguiding the newbies
Re: Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field by YoobaNesan: 12:15pm On Mar 25
@Tensazangetsu, come and defend the indefensible.

This is 2024, all of you yaff run away grin
Perhaps your all been laid off from your tech roles.

Nigerians hate been told the reality!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Laravel Nairaland Corner -- Post Any Laravel Code Issues, Get Solution For FREE / Whats The Expectant Salary For A Cybersecurity Software Engineer / Porting PHP/MYSQL Applications to Micro-Controller Based Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.