Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. (58367 Views)

Auto Spare Key Key And Remote / Getting A Spare Key For Your Car / Re Programming Of A Spare Key For Toyota Sienna 2005 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. by glowdot4: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2011
i lost my car key and have searched everywhere but my challenge is that the spare key cannot start the car.
what do i do? i need help urgrntly. my car is honda city 2006.
Re: Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. by MRKOKORO1: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
When you cut a key.try to text if it work with your ignition and if not return it to the key shop to sharpen it again. except your car is on code.

Now,You might need to remove the ignition and cut a key to make it work.

Call Mr KOKORO today on
Tel#: 08033279643 or 08022094994.
Re: Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. by switchmax8: 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
poster,
your car key has security and the duplicate does not have that is why it can only open the door but not start it.the person that duplicated the key for you ought to have told you the implication or maybe he did not want to tell you that duplicating key with security cost more that is why he prefers the easy way to have the lesser one of 1k or more.
i have a cousin that does key duplicate he has a shop in iyana-paja that is where i got the knowledge from you had better take the original key to where you will have the duplicate properly it takes 20-60k to duplicate key with security depending on the make and model.
Re: Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. by glowdot4: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2011
thank you switchmax8 and MR KOKORO for ur response. actually the key in question was not made, it came with the car.
the rewire said it has to be progremmed before it can work,i dnt know how true dat is anyway.
i dnt wnt them to do ther usual try ur luck with my car.
Re: Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. by amdman: 10:16am On Sep 05, 2011
Your car security may be responsible for this. This is because the key has an inbuilt transponder that communicates with the car engine and confirms that the correct key is being used before the engine will start. This ensures that only manufacturer pre-approved keys can start your car.

If the spare key came with it, then you would need to programme the key. The good news is that you can do this yourself. Just type "How to program spare key for (your car type and model)" on Google and you will get proper directions.

All the best.
Re: Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. by Shagati(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
You need to program the key (and get a programmed spare as well)
Call Key Remotes on 07057222508 or 08029990359
Tell him you got his details from Shagati
I just replaced the keys for my 2008 Accord on Saturday 3rd Sept. The process of cutting and programming takes less than 10minutes

I started getting my keys from him in 2008 and he hasnt dissapointed till date

Goodluck
Shagati

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Cars Produced By Innoson Motors Company / Apply a promo and sell your car faster with new advertising options! / Stallion Motors Volkswagen Nigeria Assembly Plant (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.