Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates (16119 Views)

Pictures from APC Ward-To-Ward Rally In Borgu, Niger State / Man Begins 425-Kilometre Walk For Tinubu From Gombe To Abuja / Dahiru Buba: Buhari Trekker Gets Car, N2 Million From Gombe Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Bendeco02: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2022
Kilometres:

You still make hasty conclusions...

The situation of 2023 has never happened in Southwest.

Southwest will prove that they can do bloc votes in 2023... the reason is that the interest now is totally different.

Let me explain to you.

1999....there were two Yoruba for the main political parties.... but even at that....

Obasanjo was a candidate of the establishment.

Olu Falae was the Southwest choice and the bloc votes went to Olu Falae...go and check.

In 2003 Obasanjo even though was not the candidate of the Southwest but because he was the only candidate of Yoruba extraction for a major political party...the Southwest states voted for him this time....go and check

Other subsequent elections...that you can claim Southwest did not give bloc votes....it was because Southwest didn't have any Yoruba as a candidate of any of the major parties....to your tents oh Israel.

Which state is more populated Abia or Oyo state? Which state has more registered voters between the two...now go and check the 2011 abracadabra pdp results for total votes cast in the two states.

You're just writing long epistle without understanding my point. Tinubu is not loved by majority of SW, forget the media.

Tinubu can't be said to be the SW candidate because those that loves him are at most let me say 50%.

Assuming that Osinbajo is the APC candidate the case will be different.

Watch out the margin Obi will give the other candidates in SE, compare it with SW margin after the election.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by MidasKinki: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2022
englishmart:
The North is overrated. Jonathan won in a landslide in 2011. He didn't win in the North. Don't let anyone deceive about the preponderance of the North. All na scam.
Nobody will attend Tinubu's rallies without financial inducement. Nobody at all. The person dey ment?
Baba can't buy his way this time.
Even a Tinubu will struggle to beat this performance in the North. Jonathan won in Kwara, Kogi, Benue, Nasarawa, FCT, Taraba and Plateau.

He had over a million votes in Kaduna, a Kardashian state. He had a generally good performance in across Northern states as well. Look at Niger, Yobe, Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa. Didn't win any but the defeat was minimal.

His no shoe story was inspiring and a lot Northern leaders were backing him.

He had Lagos support and the whole of SW.

I doubt if Obi can win all of SW as Dr Jonathan did. So, He will need votes from the North too.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by gafsal: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2022
author=IrepChrist post

No one is against Mr. Tinubu, is past or present we are only calling for a change. Let us give a younger and vibrant candidate a chance. Mr. Tinubu is not the right fit for presidency because of the Peculiar nature of Nigeria's challenges.

Despite these crowd we are not giving up.
Obi/Datti still remains the choice of the youth that desire to see a better Nigeria.

Only issue I'm having with you OBI people is that you said OBI is younger and vibrant at over 60 or close to 70yrs of age when we av people like dumebi kachukwu, kola abiola, adebayo of SDP, Sowore and others very young, new faces and you wanted to go with OBI of no track record whatsoever..

I will rather go with TINUBU instead... I'm a Christian even a minister in RCCG , my vote and my family is for TINUBU , UNTIL WE (YOUTHS)CHOOSE TO FOLLOW AND NOMINATE YOUTHS

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Willie2015: 9:48am On Dec 30, 2022
JoeNL22:

Not all elections. In 2003 & 2007 elections, it was below 7 million.

The overwhelming support for Buhari in 2011 was due to the fact that the north was in power before yaradua died. Hence the north wanted to regain power by all means through Buhari. Apc is less than 9 months old when they were formed as an opposition to PDP. The only difference between the opposition of Apc & lp is they had 5 governors and politicians defecting to the party. But LP didn't have such. However, it doesn't mean they(LP) won't win this elections. It just mean they are using a different approach from APC IN 2015.
In-SUMMARY
1+1=2 ; APC.
3-1=2 ; LP.

These are the figure for PMB ....

2003 12,710,022
2007 6,605,299
2011 12,214,853
2015 15,424,921
2019 15,191,847

That's 5/6 ..2007 election was as a results of three Northerners....
on the ticket .....Yaradua, Bafarawa and Atiku...
Lots of differences....
ACN held the South West Region while Buhari held the North..
U also have aggrieved politicians from PDP ...
They have structures...alliances ... top politicians ...
Backed up with resources for money politics...
LP has no structure ... no alliances ..no top politicians
At the same time.. broke..
Dats not the way to win an election..my friend
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2022
GboyegaD:
Rallies are not sufficient to determine who wins elections as it is obvious many people in Nigeria go to such because of the money they will be paid.

See tears
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2022
Esseite:
grin grin.... Tinubu supporters claim every Northern gathering for their Governorship candidate as his own...

Tinubu's loss would be so glaring, we would need sunshades.. the presidential election comes before Governorship..

See tears....
Let labour party governorship candidate also organise his own rally in the north. We'll help you tie it to Obi. Una nor know anything. It's called structure.

Keep crying.....

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2022
Willie2015:

These are the figure for PMB ....

2003 12,710,022
2007 6,605,299
2011 12,214,853
2015 15,424,921
2019 15,191,847

That's 5/6 ..2007 election was as a results of three Northerners....
on the ticket .....Yaradua, Bafarawa and Atiku...
Lots of differences....
ACN held the South West Region while Buhari held the North..
U also have aggrieved politicians from PDP ...
They have structures...alliances ... top politicians ...
Backed up with resources for money politics...
LP has no structure ... no alliances ..no top politicians
At the same time.. broke..
Dats not the way to win an election..my friend
2015 and 2019 are when he became president. That's why I didn't include it. With the expection of 2003, all still stands, did Pdp not have structure, alliances and top politicians in 2015?
Why did they lose?
Structure is a mirage to deceive people and rig their selves(polithifans) into power. The structure are the people. Did Osun not have structure?.
In 2019, APC won Adamawa Gov, Senate and rep seats but who won presidential elections in the state?
The structure are the people, forget all these structure rubbish these politicians are fronting. Why do you think most of them are fighting the BVAS AND IRCE?
Because the only structure they have is rigging. That's why they are fighting BVAS. The structure must be broken
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:21am On Dec 30, 2022
MidasKinki:

Even a Tinubu will struggle to beat this performance in the North. Jonathan won in Kwara, Kogi, Benue, Nasarawa, FCT, Taraba and Plateau.

He had over a million votes in Kaduna, a Kardashian state. He had a generally good performance in across Northern states as well. Look at Niger, Yobe, Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa. Didn't win any but the defeat was minimal.

His no shoe story was inspiring and a lot Northern leaders were backing him.

He had Lagos support and the whole of SW.

I doubt if Obi can win all of SW as Dr Jonathan did. So, He will need votes from the North too.
Sure he does. But what the guy is just saying is, concerning the core north votes, it's not a die or do affair. He(OBI) just needs their 25% and that's it.
Based on research, GEJ had 17 million votes if you remove all the core north votes. And he still meet the 25% requirement from 24 states including FCT. That's to show you, that every zone is important and one should not be placed above another irrespective of Population, tradition, tribe & ethnicity.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by garfield1: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2022
JoeNL22:

Sure he does. But what the guy is just saying is, concerning the core north votes, it's not a die or do affair. He(OBI) just needs their 25% and that's it.
Based on research, GEJ had 17 million votes if you remove all the core north votes. And he still meet the 25% requirement from 24 states including FCT. That's to show you, that every zone is important and one should not be placed above another irrespective of Population, tradition, tribe & ethnicity.

Jonathan won the sw and 5 out of six nc states
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2022
garfield1:

Jonathan won the sw and 5 out of six nc states
Obi can win the southwest and 6 out of 6 states in NC.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by garfield1: 10:42am On Dec 30, 2022
JoeNL22:

Obi can win the southwest and 6 out of 6 states in NC.

How will obi win the sw? Are you ok at all

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2022
garfield1:

How will obi win the sw? Are you ok at all
Tinubu can win the north right?
If yes.....why can't obi win SW?
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by garfield1: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2022
JoeNL22:

Tinubu can win the north right?

He has the resources to,obi does not

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2022
garfield1:

So because I don't flaunt my wealth, doesn't mean I don't have right?
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:48am On Dec 30, 2022
garfield1:

Na by resources?...... grin
If it's that one.
Why did PDP lose 2015 elections?
Don't they have the resources?
Smell the coffee. Things will change. Hope you OBIDIENT for the change
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2022
Indispensable85:

See tears....
Let labour party governorship candidate also organise his own rally in the north. We'll help you tie it to Obi. Una nor know anything. It's called structure.

Keep crying.....

Naah... if only you had eyes to see patterns of destiny.

Atiku/Northern/Fulani ticket..
Tinubu/Muslim-Muslim ticket..
Kwankwaso/Northern regional ticket..

Peter Obi is the only balanced ticket out there, while being the most eligible on all parameters..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by garfield1: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2022
JoeNL22:

So because I don't flaunt my wealth, doesn't mean I don't have right?

Obi doesn't spend
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by garfield1: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2022
JoeNL22:

Na by resources?...... grin

In nigeria yes
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2022
garfield1:

Obi doesn't spend
So has Warren buffet. But does it means he doesn't have?
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by garfield1: 10:51am On Dec 30, 2022
JoeNL22:

So has Warren buffet. But does it means he doesn't have?

Will he spend? Is his party strong? Does he have strong men to fight
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2022
garfield1:

In nigeria yes
No, it's not.
PDP had all the resources at their disposal. Yet they lost.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by JoeNL22(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2022
garfield1:

Will he spend? Is his party strong? Does he have strong men to fight
Yes, his spending it in the right places. Is party has been formed before APC. Nigerians are his strong men and women. God is also beside obi. God is obi strong man.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Kaysalas(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2022
IrepChrist:

No one is against Mr. Tinubu, is past or present we are only calling for a change. Let us give a younger and vibrant candidate a chance. Mr. Tinubu is not the right fit for presidency because of the Peculiar nature of Nigeria's challenges.

Obi/Datti still remains the choice of the youth that desire to see a better Nigeria.
What an irony? And a 60+ years old man is your definition of young.
If not for the respect I have for your moniker, I for finish you Wella dis morning

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Kaysalas(m): 10:57am On Dec 30, 2022
MyAmericandream:
I just received a vision that Tinubu might win if other parties don’t act serious. Nigerians do everything to take back your country.

And if eventually he becomes the president I wish him all the best. He can only win by rigging anyway…

All the top three aspirants na scam..
False visionner, shut it. Speaking through both sides of your mouth. Tinubu will win, God willing. Don't come back and claim you said so.
Happy wailing grin
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Tareq1105: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2022
IrepChrist:

Obi is not a nationalist.

How do you describe a Gov that sacked fellow Ibos from Enugu Ebonyi Abia and Imo States from the service of Anambra State government and told them to return to their states?

What would to me a non Igbo? No single Yoruba or Hausa youth Corp members that got awards was retained during his 8 yrs. That's the nepotism question that crumbled Buhari government and we don't want a repeat in Obi.

Lagos Tinubu has different tribes in the state employment. After Yorubas, the next tribe with high number is our south east brothers yet they don't appreciate it. I asked how many Yorubas got lock up shops in Ogbete Market in Enugu? In Douglas Road in Owerri, how much is a shop for a Yoruba man? Yorubas accommodate others.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by highness25(m): 11:04am On Dec 30, 2022
beyondPen:
When southwest and the north as well as their pro ethnic regions have join.

How can they be defeated in the polls?
APC northern Governors wouldn't have even insisted that the presidency should go to the South. It's sealed for Tinubu
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Rebelutionary: 11:14am On Dec 30, 2022
englishmart:
The North is overrated. Jonathan won in a landslide in 2011. He didn't win in the North. Don't let anyone deceive about the preponderance of the North. All na scam.
Nobody will attend Tinubu's rallies without financial inducement. Nobody at all. The person dey ment?
Baba can't buy his way this time.
You want to use English to confuse yourself Englishmart! You are too old for this!

Yes Jonathan didnt "win" those northern states but he had good numbers to get the statutory 25% needed...that is a WIN. Why is it speculated that there might be a rerun in this coming election?

Use your tongue to count your teeth! No dey give us yourself hope with this screengrab...if you think Obi will not WIN in the North and still win the election, you are DREAMING!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Gbogbowa: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2022
Aufbauh:
Anyone who tells you that structure don't matters in Nigeria politics then such person is either a neophyte,mgbeke or going through the first stages of trauma which is denial.

Structure will make a voter in Iyala in CR state to gladingly thumbprint for an unknown candidate from Iloh in kebbi state on election day.
you are living in the past, structure only exist because of corruption and what you are seeing is eye service Atiku will still share Gombe with Tinubu and that favour Obi winning strategy,all what Obidient want is the north to be shared between Tinubu,Atiku and kwankwoso so long their is no block vote for any of the 3 from the north shikena
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Jack500: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2022
Esseite:

We also see all the rejections, tear down of banners, "bamayi" they shield from the media...

Infact, do you know he is barely mentioned in those personal rallies?..

You will get sense by February, no need to go back and forth with you.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Kilometres: 11:39am On Dec 30, 2022
Bendeco02:

You're just writing long epistle without understanding my point. Tinubu is not loved by majority of SW, forget the media.

Tinubu can't be said to be the SW candidate because those that loves him are at most let me say 50%.

Assuming that Osinbajo is the APC candidate the case will be different.

Watch out the margin Obi will give the other candidates in SE, compare it with SW margin after the election.

Mind you, it is only in the imagination of ipob yoot that Yorubas will not consider their own as South West candidate...even when the candidates in questions made even the Osinbajo and other prominent yorubas.

I'm not supposed to tell you this but

There's a reason they say Yorubas are cunning...it's because they are very smart...you don't see them coming

Yorubas needs Northern votes and acknowledged that...

Yorubas are not over emotional but rational in politics unlike igbos.

If 90% of Yorubas carry Tinubu matter for head the way 90% of igbos carry Obi for head it will be detrimental.... because Northerners may follow suit.

You see those Yorubas especially on socal media claiming to be neutral or politically sophisticated are doing it for one reason or the other....na when result come out you go see.

Nb: do remember how many Yorubas always join igbos to talk trash about Tinubu every election year...especially in Lagos? What has always been the outcome of the election results?

Obi's margin will be insignificant considering the total number of registered votes.
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Esseite:

Naah... if only you had eyes to see patterns of destiny.

Atiku/Northern/Fulani ticket..
Tinubu/Muslim-Muslim ticket..
Kwankwaso/Northern regional ticket..

Peter Obi is the only balanced ticket out there, while being the most eligible on all parameters..

Enjoy your delusion
Re: Pictures From Gombe Ward Rally For Tinubu, APC Candidates by IrepChrist: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
Kaysalas:

What an irony? And a 60+ years old man is your definition of young.
If not for the respect I have for your moniker, I for finish you Wella dis morning

I understand we have a different perception.

God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Celebrates Prof. Wole Soyinka On His 89th Birthday / Chinua Achebe's Obituaries - A Compilation / "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.