Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? (535 Views)

#Amaechitapes: Reno Omokri Released Part 5 Of Ameachi Audio Tape / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Rotimi Ameachi Visits Site, Expresses Disappointment - Pic / History As Ameachi, Lawmakers Test Run 32km Segment Lagos-ibadan Rail (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by tollyboy5(m): 3:34am On Dec 31, 2022
I just came across two past thread on the por Harcourt monorail and noticed the embezzlement involved on this project.

The 2012 throwback was so hilarious grin some river state people stating that the project needed prayer.

Wike to my opinion failed woefully to continue this project and river state people are looking like zombie without criticising governor Wike for abandoning this wonderful project.
Tax payers money should waste instead lol.

2012 thread
https://www.nairaland.com/951344/progress-port-harcourt-city-monorail

2021 thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6665311/port-harcourt-monorail-multi-billion

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by tollyboy5(m): 3:35am On Dec 31, 2022
Continuity is key. Tinubu knew if another opposition came to power, they'll abandone existing project.

So baba ogbon maintained same party, same like mind and continuous project.

A progressive state under a godfather is better than a state with no godfather and several abandoned project lol.

Lagos redline and blue line to start full commercial operation January. grin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 31, 2022
Wike killed the PH Mono rail and I don’t think anyone will blame Ameachi

Wike abandoned project to spite Ameachi, without considering the economic benefit.

But one thing is certain, that project will be completed someday and Ameachi will still be rembered for pioneering initiative

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by tollyboy5(m): 4:07am On Dec 31, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Wike killed the PH Mono rail and I don’t think anyone will blame Ameachi

Wike abandoned project to spite Ameachi, without considering the economic benefit.

But one thing is certain, that project will be completed someday and Ameachi will still be rembered for pioneering initiative
This fo0lish mentality of spite the previous administration is very prevalent among Nigerian politicians.
With her dumb citizens asking questions like "which project did he start and commissioned by himself" I think wike knows the kind of project he need to do to be well celebrated by zombies.

I want to believe that's the major reason for not touching the project.
The problem start with the citizen.
You see people stating trash like "lord signed MOU for this project, babangida swept the floor for the project to kick start, blablabla... " grin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by meobizy(f): 5:30am On Dec 31, 2022
Leave the artifact, abeg. Lagos has the national theatre. We have this.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by SmartPolician: 6:16am On Dec 31, 2022
Amaechi was the minister of transportation for nearly 8 years and never thought of taking over that job and making it a federal project (since lousy Wike called it a deathtrap).

He delivered railways in the North and West and never did any significant project for his people in an effort to spite them for not voting for APC. Today, the much touted Lagos - Calabar railway has been abandoned! Port Harcourt to Maiduguri railway, abandoned too!

In contrast, I watched Fashola, as minister of works, take over Alagbole - Ojodu-Berger flyover - a project Ogun State government started and delayed for more than 5 years. Amaechi has so much to learn from Fashola; I guess it's too late now. Some people don't play politics with common sense.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by RZArecta(m): 6:44am On Dec 31, 2022
I can say categorically that the op send his other friend/handle aren't from or don't stay in Rivers state and if they reside in the state and see that monorail as something that makes sense then, there's something very wrong with their brains. If you don't know the genesis of a problem then don't open your mouth to talk about it, that project was doomed to fail from day one and Amaechi has a lot of explaining to do in heaven and on earth. I won't say more than this
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by tollyboy5(m): 7:37am On Dec 31, 2022
SmartPolician:
Amaechi was the minister of transportation for nearly 8 years and never thought of taking over that job and making it a federal project (since lousy Wike called it a deathtrap).

He delivered railways in the North and West and never did any significant project for his people in an effort to spite them for not voting for APC. Today, the much touted Lagos - Calabar railway has been abandoned! Port Harcourt to Maiduguri railway, abandoned too!
I don't think you're being sincere here. Interstate project is different from intrastate project.
That is the major reason amaechi couldn't continue the project as a fedral government project.
I'm very sure he would have completed it if it was interstate, wike messed up big time on this.

Besides the kanuda rail was already on its way before he took over. He did excellently well as a minister.
Fashola also did well on his part if we check the progress on Lagos Ibadan express way sofar.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Why Blaming Ameachi? by lordm(m): 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
Wike should have completed just the lagos own

(1) (Reply)

After The Inter-house Sport He Chaired In Kaduna Today, Where Next Is Obi Going? / BREAKING: This Is How I Intend To Eliminate Corruption - Tinubu / Adeleke: Osun Residents Troop Out To Protest After Tribunal Verdict (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.