Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue (571 Views)

This Is My House !!! I Am The Head Of This House !!! You Cannot Talk To Me Like / Judgment Is Your Language / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by iksman2002(m): 8:23am On Dec 31, 2022
Greetings and happy holiday everyone.
I'm student who happened to rent myself a self con off campus in school.
I moved into the place March 2021 and I've been there till now. So I resumed school 2022 January ending after my 6 months IT before school went on strike by February.
Now I travelled that same February because of the strike, only for the strike to last for 8 months.
Knowing my rent expired within the strike period, I hurriedly went back to school after the strike was called off so my properties won't be thrown out and room rented to another person, only to see my room locked, I called the security man and he told me he won't open that he's waiting for payment from somebody else that wants occupy the place until he later agreed I make payment.
When entering this lodge as a new tenant I paid #105k and was expected to pay #100k for renewal according to the agreement I signed.
I wasn't aware neither was a memo passed that lodge rent has increased to 120k, only to be told by the security guy, so I made the payment immediately and my room was opened with properties intact.
That same week, landlord ordered my room to be locked again, I was shocked because even after I paid the 120k he didn't confirm payment but I wasn't bothered at all since I know I paid with receipts, so I called him and he started shouting that the rent increased to 140k and that I complete it immediately and ended the call.
On hearing that I wasn't happy, but I made sure to complete the payment in 2 weeks.
Now the security man told me few days ago that my rent is expiring by march, I'm a very quiet person so I didn't say anything to him but I've been pondering over it.
Please I want to ask everyone including property owners if this thing is right by anyway cos I'm honestly confused.
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by tahir01(m): 9:40am On Dec 31, 2022
I would honestly advise that u look for somewhere else and get a new apartment because I don't think increment is done like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by iksman2002(m): 10:35am On Dec 31, 2022
tahir01:
I would honestly advise that u look for somewhere else and get a new apartment because I don't think increment is done like this.
I'm in my final year student, to finish by April and I just renewed rent this October.
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by tahir01(m): 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
iksman2002:

I'm in my final year student, to finish by April and I just renewed rent this October.
And your Rent is expiring by March.
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by Houseofglam7(f): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2022
This story is not storying embarassed
Your landlord is obviously mad.
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by chinae(m): 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
iksman2002:

I want to assume that your rent is annual. if true, it isn't a factor of the date you renewed the rent.

If your date had been March and you renewed 10 months after (Jan nxt year), you don't expect the landlord to reset and start counting from Jan.

You would had foreseen this.
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by iksman2002(m): 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
chinae:

I want to assume that your rent is annual. if true, it isn't a factor of the date you renewed the rent.

If your date had been March and you renewed 10 months after (Jan nxt year), you don't expect the landlord to reset and start counting from Jan.

You would had foreseen this.
No what I'm saying is that, my room was about to be rented and my things thrown out had it been I didn't pay to retain the room.
I payed October even with the sudden increment of the rent after I had payed which I had to complete, and this security guy said my rent is expiring march, that is the month I packed into the lodge as a new tenant.
I don't know how this makes sense honestly.
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by Lekan239(m): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2023
iksman2002:

No what I'm saying is that, my room was about to be rented and my things thrown out had it been I didn't pay to retain the room.
I payed October even with the sudden increment of the rent after I had payed which I had to complete, and this security guy said my rent is expiring march, that is the month I packed into the lodge as a new tenant.
I don't know how this makes sense honestly.
you are in final year and still reasoning like a kid.

Offcourse your rent expires march
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by iksman2002(m): 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
Lekan239:
you are in final year and still reasoning like a kid.

Offcourse your rent expires march
You don't have to be harsh to state your point.
So does it mean the person who would have paid earlier will be packing out by that march?
Make it make sense
Re: I Need Your Judgment/help On This House Issue by tahir01(m): 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
iksman2002:

You don't have to be harsh to state your point.
So does it mean the person who would have paid earlier will be packing out by that march?
Make it make sense
No na. The tenancy agreement with u terminate by March.
If a new tenant comes in his/her agreement will start from the month he/she paid.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna State Landlord And Tenant Law Help Pls / How Much Is A Bottle Of carbonated drink in Your Area. / Why Does It Have To Be This Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.