Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register (31126 Views)

Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / School Register: Decades Back In Secondary School, Can You Relate?(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by charleskl(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
E dey happen wella for OAU....have a close frd who discovered hers in level400....her GP no reach 1.0 after level100 so dey withdrew her...bt stil her name dey register, paid fees, did exams, saw results etc.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by baralatie(m): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
themanderon:
He should check himself well if he did any biribiri to gain that admission. My university then after verifying your results and finding out you got in through fake results would never inform you. You will only get to know you were never a student when its time for your NYSC. Then the rude shock would sink in.
Would your school give that student a matriculation number?

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Realist777: 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
lawanifumila:
Village people at work ooo, as this year 2022 ends tonight let all the bad things end with it
May 2023 be full of good news.
As far as good things still exist, bad things will never cease to exist, it doesn't require any prayers bro, it's natural!
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by baralatie(m): 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
charleskl:
E dey happen wella for OAU....have a close frd who discovered hers in level400.... her GP no reach 1.0 after level100 so dey withdrew her. ..bt stil her name dey register, paid fees, did exams, saw results etc.
This one is a different case and straight forward
Her cgp is less than 1.0 but the student was a duly admitted student .only had to step down
It also meant that dept/faculty did not release the students result.which in oau is a norm.a norm that is unhealthy.there are other nasty things that do happen in oau.
That is why we always tell people to stay clear of oau.and some certain depart/faculty
This of withholding results is also common at unn and unical
It is an experience no student should experience

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by BlueAir: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
Those cybercafe boys can do and undo. Really bad
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by LINTUNE(m): 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
Brownshoe:
It's a case of fake admission, you will definitely get matric number, but las las no graduation for you because you are not a student.
is it that jamb didn't give them admission or what.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by LINTUNE(m): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2022
Maryjane001:
It is very possible.
I know because I school in UNN too.
Didn't believe in it until it happened to a friend's friend in 200l. It affected her and some other coursemates.
She had a matric number and had been paying school fees even doing course registration. I really felt for her o.
The worst is those that would find out in final year.
dude, explain weller na, how did it na happen..
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by illicit(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Obviously some people here don't know how a University works

That guy was never a student of that school
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Tycyborg(m): 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2022
jaeyking:
smiley
I know of fake admission and all
But how has he been registering courses and payment of fees
Also his result, how has he been seeing it.

Abeg make una enlighten us cuz I don confuse

He got admissions through the back door and the same person who did the admission runs for him is the same person he was using to pay and so on...
The person tells him "don't worry I know how to help you fix everything from payment to registering..." I guess he had a misunderstanding or maybe the person wasn't around or billing him so much so he decided to do it himself and found out everything is a scam... He is not honest with people so he didn't tell the full story to avoid backlash... If he went through the normal way there is no way such will happen.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Scarletjr(m): 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
Meybe dem mistakingly delete ur name on the data base, because as u gain admission u will reg before u can get ur matric num
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Sojiboi(m): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
It happened to my brother,get the relevant documents you need,then meet the people who would assist you in the administrative block.You also need some money too.Soon your name go appear.Na money dey stop nonsense.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by themanderon: 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2022
baralatie:

Would your school give that student a matriculation number?

Yes of cause. The reason they do it that way is to discourage forgery. You will be given everything at the initial stage, pay your school fees during the duration of your course and then when it's time for service you will find out you were only wasting your time.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by baralatie(m): 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
themanderon:

Yes of cause. The reason they do it that way is to discourage forgery. You will be given everything at the initial stage, pay your school fees during the duration of your course and then when it's time for service you will find out you were only wasting your time.
One if you were not given an admission approved by senate
You will not smell matric number
Don't let anybody fool you

Administration buildings will collate all admitted students sign and send to senate and sense through meeting and VC will sign out.
Anybody telling you history no like you
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by themanderon: 10:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
baralatie:

One if you were not given an admission approved by senate
You will not smell matric number
Don't let anybody fool you

Administration buildings will collate all admitted students sign and send to senate and sense through meeting and VC will sign out.
Anybody telling tyou history no like you

That was the way it was done during my time in school and I left there many years ago so I don't know what's obtainable now.
I know of a hostel mate that it happened to. I believe he forged his jamb then and he was found out in his final year and was eased out. He had his matric number then.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by baralatie(m): 10:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
themanderon:

That was the way it was done during my time in school and I left there many years ago so I don't know what's obtainable now.
I know of a hostel mate that it happened to. I believe he forged his jamb then and he was found out in his final year and was eased out. He had his matric number then.
That is why we said there is a difference between back ages when university admissions was paperwork and headache.
Now it is online
It is not the same thing.
Once you put your code online.you know wether you are student or not!
A person w cannot use another person code .
Inshort without your matric number you don't have a portal to log in.no payment slip.no result.no exam docket to the point that where you will know wether you have graduated or not
So how you wan claim student?
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Omodua(m): 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
AIgeneratedResp:
It can be very frustrating and confusing to discover that your name is not listed in the school register. There are several potential reasons why this might happen. Here are a few possibilities:

There was an error in the registration process: It's possible that there was a mistake made when adding your name to the school register. This could be due to a typo or other data entry error.

You are not enrolled in the school: If you are not enrolled in the school, your name will not appear in the register. Make sure you have completed the necessary enrollment paperwork and paid any fees required to attend the school.

There is a delay in the registration process: It's possible that there is a delay in the process of adding your name to the school register. In this case, you should contact the school administration to find out what is causing the delay and how to resolve the issue.

If you discover that your name is not listed in the school register, it's important to take action as soon as possible. Contact the school administration and explain the situation. They should be able to help you figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

** THIS RESPONCE IS A.I GENERATED
You have said it all.

Salute!
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Laughingkk: 4:42am On Jan 01, 2023
The guy knew from the onset that he was a NAS member ( NON ACADEMIC STUDENT)
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by charleskl(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2023
baralatie:

This one is a different case and straight forward
Her cgp is less than 1.0 but the student was a duly admitted student .only had to step down
It also meant that dept/faculty did not release the students result.which in oau is a norm.a norm that is unhealthy.there are other nasty things that do happen in oau.
That is why we always tell people to stay clear of oau.and some certain depart/faculty
This of withholding results is also common at unn and unical
It is an experience no student should experience
Lolz...dey didn't even withheld d results...she waz seeing results as other students too...itz is well sha....Happy New year
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by wiseone28: 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
peropoliet:
be weary of this man is a scammer
You be fool for saying i will gamble the money

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by baralatie(m): 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2023
charleskl:

Lolz...dey didn't even withheld d results...she waz seeing results as other students too...itz is well sha....Happy New year
Happy New Year
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by AnonDude2004: 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
AIgeneratedResp:
It can be very frustrating and confusing to discover that your name is not listed in the school register. There are several potential reasons why this might happen. Here are a few possibilities:

There was an error in the registration process: It's possible that there was a mistake made when adding your name to the school register. This could be due to a typo or other data entry error.

You are not enrolled in the school: If you are not enrolled in the school, your name will not appear in the register. Make sure you have completed the necessary enrollment paperwork and paid any fees required to attend the school.

There is a delay in the registration process: It's possible that there is a delay in the process of adding your name to the school register. In this case, you should contact the school administration to find out what is causing the delay and how to resolve the issue.

If you discover that your name is not listed in the school register, it's important to take action as soon as possible. Contact the school administration and explain the situation. They should be able to help you figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

** THIS RESPONCE IS A.I GENERATED

What AI are you using, is it ChatGPT?
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by EbenezerTriumph: 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
themanderon:
He should check himself well if he did any biribiri to gain that admission. My university then after verifying your results and finding out you got in through fake results would never inform you. You will only get to know you were never a student when its time for your NYSC. Then the rude shock would sink in.
honestly this is wickedness embarassed
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by jaeyking(m): 7:23pm On Jan 01, 2023
Tycyborg:

He got admissions through the back door and the same person who did the admission runs for him is the same person he was using to pay and so on...
The person tells him "don't worry I know how to help you fix everything from payment to registering..." I guess he had a misunderstanding or maybe the person wasn't around or billing him so much so he decided to do it himself and found out everything is a scam... He is not honest with people so he didn't tell the full story to avoid backlash... If he went through the normal way there is no way such will happen.

Same tin I was thinking.
Even if ur first year at least ur second year u would realize it

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Tycyborg(m): 9:24am On Jan 05, 2023
jaeyking:

Same tin I was thinking.
Even if ur first year at least ur second year u would realize it

Some people are dunce... I even know of someone who even did a fake NYSC saying the guy will arrange everything because he knows high people... I just pity him and shut up my mouth... To be honest... We shout unemployment this and that in this country but some people have fake result and most have bad results lol but they won't tell anyone about it
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by MyPlugEx: 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
paxven:
God bless Nigeria
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Igbo land
God bless Arewa land

Thunder scatter Tinubu and his urchins!
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady / Those Who Applied For Nigeria Police Academy: Let Meet Here. / Married In School, Single At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.