Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,148 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:49 AM

Setting And Achieving Goals I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Setting And Achieving Goals I (109 Views)

Setting And Achieving Goals II / Vincent & Faith Nzeakor: Achieving Sexual Orgasm In A Christian Marriage (Photo) / "Practical Holiness" : Your Fast Track For Setting Aside Grace - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Setting And Achieving Goals I by kpakpandoN(m): 6:06am On Jan 01, 2023
Every New Year typically comes with renewed hope, encouraging many people to set new goals. Yes, it is important to set goals; however, it is more important to ensure that they align with God’s will for your life. Let us consider God’s recommendation for setting goals as captured in Habakkuk 2:1, which says:

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me…

Have you asked the Lord about His plans for you this year? Have you waited on Him to know what exactly He will have you pursue this year? If you haven’t, please spend some time seeking His face for divine direction.

Speed is not always synonymous with progress. If you are speeding away in the wrong direction, you will discover that you have gone backwards rather than forward at the end of the day. Only God, who created you for His purpose knows the direction you should be going per time, so always ask him for guidance. Remember, a way that seems right may have death at its end (Proverbs 14:12).

There was a time when we were organising crusades across various cities in Nigeria. When we were scheduled to move to the southern part of the country, I asked God for His will and He told us to go to Ede instead, a town in the western part of the country. I responded that we had just been to Ife (a town just a few kilometres away from Ede) but I still went ahead to obey Him.

At the crusade, the king of Ede, a Muslim, promised to gift us whatever size of land we desired. As we were about to mention a size we considered huge enough, the Lord directed us to ask for a whole lot more. Humanly speaking, it didn’t make sense to make such a request, but we obeyed God, and the king granted our request. Today, the Redeemer’s University and the School of Missions are situated on that land. Let God be the One to show you the goals to pursue this year. If it is His vision, you are assured of His provision and support until you achieve it.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

N.e.w. Y.e.a.r / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 28. / Pst. Chris Oyakhilome Heales Children With Different Diseases In Jesus Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.