Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off (1726 Views)

PDP Crisis: G-5 Governors Regroup In Abuja, Hold Talks With Tinubu / 'I Never Held Meetings With PDP’s G-5 Govs In London' - Tinubu Declares / G-5 Govs: ‘i’m Elephant, I Can’t Be Taken By Surprise,’ Says Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by divinehand2003(m): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2023
Amidst efforts by some stakeholders to resolve the lingering crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of the February 25 presidential poll, the G-5 governors are set to storm Bauchi State to flag off Governor Bala Mohammed’s campaign for a second term.

Daily Trust reliably gathered that following unresolved issues between Governor Bala and some politicians loyal to the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, the governor has decided to turn to the G-5 for succour.

The source, who is close to members of the Integrity Group, disclosed that barring any last-minute changes, the five aggrieved governors would fly to Bauchi to flag-off Bala’s campaign billed for Wednesday.

The source also said, “As I speak with you, the G-5 governors are ready to attend Bala Mohammed’s campaign flag-off in Bauchi. All arrangements have been concluded, and I can confirm that to you. Except any new development comes up which I do not envisage, the governors will be in Bauchi.”

The source also stated that the governors would move from Bauchi to Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, to also attend the campaign of one of their members, Governor Seyi Makinde, billed for Thursday, January 5.

Even though he has not openly declared his membership of the G-5 governors, Bala Mohammed has been having a running battle with Atiku Abubakar, accusing the PDP presidential candidate and his supporters of working against his re-election bid.

In a letter written to the national chairman of the party, Dr Iyorcha Ayu, dated November 3, 2022, Mohammed alleged that Atiku had threatened to “punish” him for contesting against him during the party’s presidential primary in May.

Bala had also threatened that if the issues were not resolved, “I may withdraw from the PCC and feel free to create new measures and strategies that would guarantee the election and re-election of all PDP candidates in Bauchi and myself.”

However, when contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to the Oyo State Governor, Taiwo Adisa, confirmed to Daily Trust: “Yes, I can confirm to you that all is set for the flag-off of his excellency’s campaign on Thursday.”

We’re not aware – Bauchi PDP

But the Bauchi State chapter of the PDP said it is not aware of the G-5 governors will attend the campaign flag-off of Governor Bala Mohammed.

In a phone chat with Daily Trust yesterday, the state publicity secretary of the party, who is also the spokesman of the campaign committee, Yayanu Zainabari said, “I cannot give you any assurance about their coming because I don’t have any information of whether they are coming or not.”

https://newsdirect.ng/pdp-crisis-g-5-govs-to-storm-bauchi-for-bala-campaign-flag-off/
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by divinehand2003(m): 7:55am On Jan 02, 2023
G5 wants to become G6.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by Tvegas(m): 7:57am On Jan 02, 2023
If this is true then Atiku is not coming across as a great leader and the bridge builder that he claims. He has autocratic tendencies which may be worst than Buhari. How can he approach the general election with so much controversy trailing him.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by incandescentena: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2023
halimatijanni i don Laugh out loud tire

See cruise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by HitRun(m): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2023
Some of these stories are not even logical. The writer claims that Atiku and his supporters are threatening to work against the re-election of Bala. Assuming but not conceding that this is true, how is this useful to Atiku or the PDP?

Beer Palour talk.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by Tonypen247(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2023
The unknown political party.
G-5

For your academic research, SOP, article writing, or assignment, kindly check my signature below for a top-notch quality
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by Dest8sman: 8:37am On Jan 02, 2023
A very interesting election, this of 2023.

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by SmartPolician: 9:00am On Jan 02, 2023
I cannot wait for this election to come and go.

I am already tired of too much election politics.

Politics without election is useless.
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by frank14011991(m): 9:12am On Jan 02, 2023
ATIKU is not delivered to rule Nigeria insha Allahu
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by DIKEnaWAR: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2023
Tvegas:
If this is true then Atiku is not coming across as a great leader and the bridge builder that he claims. He has autocratic tendencies which may be worst than Buhari. How can he approach the general election with so much controversy trailing him.

Some of you don't really know Atiku and I hope not to tell people "I told you so" if he wins
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by Ikpaitid: 9:19am On Jan 02, 2023
HitRun:
Some of these stories are not even logical. The writer claims that Atiku and his supporters are threatening to work against the re-election of Bala. Assuming but not conceding that this is true, how is this useful to Atiku or the PDP?

Beer Palour talk.
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by Ikpaitid: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2023
Have you been reading the newspapers at all?
This has been going on for months now.
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by fred94: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2023
Waste of state resources. Fighting for there personal interests
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by SaiOba: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2023
Is he NOT the same Atiku Da ex VP of OBJ that runs to Dubai after every election?

If you ain't talking about this Atiku Abubakar then which Atiku Abubakar are you talking about?
DIKEnaWAR:

Some of you don't really know Atiku and I hope not to tell people "I told you so" if he wins
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by pedrilo: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2023
This G5 have dominated this election

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by abobote: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2023
This G 5 have become jobless, funny enough about 3 of them have performed very bad in their state
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by seunmsg(m): 10:56am On Jan 02, 2023
HitRun:

Beer Palour talk.

Bala Mohammed is not really a popular governor and may not win reelection. There are insinuations that Atiku has an understanding with the APC candidate in Bauchi state to support Atiku in the presidential election and Atiku will in turn support him two weeks later during the governorship election.

Bala Mohammed himself has refused to endorsed Atiku. When Buhari visited Bauchi for the groundbreaking of the oil well, Bala Mohammed said to everyone’s hearing that Bauchi is a Buharist state and they will vote for whoever Buhari says they should vote for. G-5 going to Bauchi to show support is a great statement that they are United against Atiku.

So you see, it’s more than beer parlor talk. It is high wire politics.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by meetme01: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2023
seunmsg:

Bala Mohammed is not really a popular governor and may not win reelection. There are insinuations that Atiku has an understanding with the APC candidate in Bauchi state to support Atiku in the presidential election and Atiku will in turn support him two weeks later during the governorship election.

Bala Mohammed himself has refused to endorsed Atiku. When Buhari visited Bauchi for the groundbreaking of the oil well, Bala Mohammed said to everyone’s hearing that Bauchi is a Buharist state and they will vote for whoever Buhari says they should vote for. G-5 going to Bauchi to show support is a great statement that they are United against Atiku.

The problem in Bauchi is that, the APC Governorship candidate is the husband of Minister of Humanitarian Affairs. Atiku and the man are allies. With APC cabals and interest of power brokers, it's not certain Bala will be re-elected hence,the agitation.
Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by seunmsg(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2023
meetme01:

The problem in Bauchi is that, the APC Governorship candidate is the husband of Minister of Humanitarian Affairs. Atiku and the man are allies. With APC cabals and interest of power brokers, it's not certain Bala will be re-elected hence,the agitation.

Well, Bala will not just accept defeat like that. He will keep fighting till the end. Romancing the G-5 is his way of fighting back. I won’t be surprised if he works against Atiku. It’s all politics of interest.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by tinsel: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2023
DIKEnaWAR:

I know him. A very selfish and arrogant man.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: G-5 Govs To Storm Bauchi For Bala Campaign Flag-off by HitRun(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
seunmsg:

More beer palour talk

(1) (Reply)

Now That Tinubu Is Losing The Polls..... / All About Esan Born Monday Okpebholo As He Emerge Winner / Obasanjo, Peter Obi, Arthur Eze, Celebrate Soludo's One Year In Office (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.