Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu (26082 Views)

Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu / Nigerians Are Not Lazy, Have No Reason To Be Poor – Tinubu / Funke Olakunrin Died Serving The Poor - Tinubu [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by HenryThegreat1(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2023
In this interview with Kano-based Freedom Radio monitored by our correspondent, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu speaks on his stance on fuel subsidy removal, his health status and other issues around his campaign. Excerpt:

Your Excellency, I understand you are in Saudi Arabia?

Yes, I am here in Saudi Arabia. It is a personal trip. It is a trip for spiritual rebirth. I like coming to perform the Umrah every now and then. It is an opportunity to connect with Almighty Allah. We need his guidance. Nigeria is in need of prayers and that is why we are here praying for our country, self and the society.

How is the campaign going so far?

So far, so good. We are reaching each and every Nigerian. We decided that rallies are not always enough. We need to engage all Nigerians from all parts of the country and across all sectors of our socio-economic life. We have engaged businessmen, farmers, miners, industrialists, entertainers, labour leaders, and so on.

By the engagements we are having it is clear that we are going to win this election. As the elections are coming closer the signs are clear and that is why our opponents are jittery. They have now resorted to peddling fake news and quoting some of my statements out of context just to score cheap points.

Like what, Your Excellency?

Recently I was asked about fuel subsidy removal, and I said I will ensure we end the wastage and re-channel the money to the people who truly need it. This is one position that almost all the candidates are united about. We all agreed that the subsidy regime is abused and it favours the rich more than the poor. It has to go.

I couldn’t have opposed people expressing their own position on this. I believe in consultation and guaranteed by democratic values and norms. I respect opinion of people and I would not be party to stifling dissenting views or any legitimate protest. I am a veteran of protests myself. So why should I say people should not embark on well-intentioned protest? There is no excuse for that and there is no abuse of power intended.

Some people say you are escaping from engaging directly with Nigerians, especially through media interviews…

(Cuts in) What do you mean? Are we not having interview now? I just finished talking to people through town-hall meetings and speaking directly to people. Those saying that are losers and they will lose.

There are still insinuations about your health and fitness. Are you really fit for the rigours of the Presidency?

Ah! I told you where I am now. I just finished performing the the umrah. I did the seven rounds of tawaf, I did the seven trips between safa and Marwa. Can a sick person do that? That is stale news, my brother. People who are making those insinuations have nothing else to say but lies and rubbish.

I have moved round, spoke at different platforms and stood for hours to address different audiences. Before they said I could not walk, they said I could not stand, they are shamed. Since the campaign started I have marshalled more original ideas than anyone else. I have demonstrated knowledge, experience and great capacity to be on top of issues in the country.

And this job is about ideas and issues regarding leadership of our country. I have all it takes to be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I am asking people of the country to have confidence and respect for that, look at my background and my previous assignments. I want to serve the country and serve the country very well.

https://dailytrust.com/fuel-subsidy-favours-the-rich-more-than-the-poor-tinubu/

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Omoyoruba101: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2023
Recently I was asked about fuel subsidy removal, and I said I will ensure we end the wastage and re-channel the money to the people who truly need it. This is one position that almost all the candidates are united about. We all agreed that the subsidy regime is abused and it favours the rich more than the poor. It has to go.

Mr. Tinubu you knew all these but you fought Jonathan government with everything be it media houses, Agboro... you Tinubu personally made Jonathan from the south south lost 2015 election to buhari.

326 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2023
BRB to destroy APC.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by SLAP44: 9:19am On Jan 02, 2023
And you just found out now, after 20 long years of being in power grin

Crooks.

261 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by adioolayi(m): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2023
All the leading Presidential candidates promised to remove Fuel Subsidy..

Nigerians should get ready..

It won't be easy..but it is teh way to go

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by SLAP44: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2023
adioolayi:

Buharri also promised same and Tinubu advised him not to.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by ganisucks(f): 9:21am On Jan 02, 2023
adioolayi:

Nobody is removing sh*t.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Moh247: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2023
cool

Some people would almost kill Tinubu if they can

Two things Tinubu said that would upset many

#Nigeria would remove subsidy by force

#Nigeria would generate electricity with Coal as Global warming isn't our business but cheap power( we have coal in abundance in Enugu and Kogi)

Obasanjo in his letter said Obi was like a Needle with a thread...

Even Obasanjo knows nobody can control Tinubu he has no thread

To the people blaming Tinubu for Occupy Nigeria protest of 2012

*Verified facts

-Tinubu didn't start or organize Occupy Nigeria

-NLC and TUC Started Occupy Nigeria

-Many Politicians participated from CPC, ACN and APGA

-Tinubu's argument was that Nigeria had no Refinery unlike now that Dangote Refinery is 97% completed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Nigeria#:~:text=Occupy%20Nigeria%20was%20a%20socio,on%20Sunday%2C%201%20January%202012.

195 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by ERockson: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2023
Kudos

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by another1: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2023
Same Tinubu that fought ex president on the same fuel subsidy removal.
What a shame....

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Donwilson88: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2023
Tinubu is not a good policy maker believe the truth
He is old and better off a consultant than presidenting over 300million people!the real him will die in 2months

Please contact us For your Academic Assignment, Articles, Thesis etc With a satisfying price, Chat us up- see WhatsApp number below (see signature)

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Onucs(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2023
That was the same lie they told to bring taxation into reality.

The elite will always find a way to deal with the lower class

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by DispatcherLagos: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2023
This man.
I doubt if he will survive what awaits him

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Deltafirstson(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2023
Subsidy you fought against 11 years ago.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by dominique(f): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2023
Tinubu can be blunt sha

16 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by JasonScoolari: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2023
Useless hypocrite... Na Mumu go think say you get good plans for Nigeria.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Pakute: 9:43am On Jan 02, 2023
Obi lule!, Atiku lule!.. Asiwaju Jagaban the next President of Nigeria InshAllah.

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by ZombieTERROR: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2023
SLAP44:
And you just found out now, after 20 long years of being in power grin

Crooks.

This was the fool who organised a protest with his party when Jonathan removed the subsidy he's currently yapping about....

It's now he realizes that he was an idiot back then... or is he a hypocrite now

Tinubu should be in old people's home chanting Bulabu balaba and not Aso Rock

cc... Is Dangote Refinery, a federal government project?.. where is the refinery APc built or refurbishing after eight years.

what do you think the price of PMS will be even with Dangote refinery and the total removal of subsidy...

it only take a bloody fool to vote APc

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by mrvitalis(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2023
I agree 100% percentage , poor have zero benefits from fuel subsidy

Infact not only should fuel subsidy be removed VAT charges of 15% should be included

But when Peter obi was part of the national economic team in 2014 pushed for it to be removed nearly 10 years ago Tinubu stood against it

It took Tinubu 10 years to understand what Peter obi understood 10 years ago ...so probably it would take Tinubu 10 years to understand Peter obi is the best candidate

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by FactBoyz: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2023
I need to see a video where Tinubu actually said this not a statement

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Houseofglam7(f): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2023
undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2023
Put it ds way " the rich steals subsidy money" imagine pay subsidy on 100m litres of empty ship..,.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by KingLennon(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2023
As if he has not benefitted from the subsidy. Politicians will be acting like saints when they seek power. The only problem is that many Nigerians are naive and gullible because there is no way we should ever vote these old mofos again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2023
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at [/b].

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

[b]God bless all sane , honest and hardworking Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria.

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by ZombieTERROR: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool
Some people would almost kill Tinubu if they can
Two things Tinubu said that would upset many
Nigeria would remove subsidy by force
Nigeria would generate electricity with Coal as Global warming isn't our business but cheap power

Where was Tinubu's sense and patriotism in 2012, when Jonathon removed the fuel subsidy?....

This same evil man condemning subsidy today collaborated with his demented party men to stage a protest against the removal..

Such Evil Man ought to be in The Hague

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by patriotic007: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2023
Anytime this tinubu opens his mouth to talk all I hear is incoherent words that are very difficult to add up and make sense out of......watch how his packagers will start explaining to us and rebranding tinubu's incoherent words.......Na so una wan take rule Nigeria.......This people are wicked.....After all what we went through in the hands of Buhari you guys still want to package another old sick man on Nigerians......God is watching you all.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Romanoff(f): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2023
You didn't know this before the "Occupy Nigeria" protest?

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Throwback: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2023
ZombieTERROR:

Where was Tinubu's sense and patriotism in 2012, when Jonathon removed the fuel subsidy?....

This same evil man condemning subsidy today collaborated with his demented party men to stage a protest against the removal..

Such Evil Man ought to be in The Hague

You wanted them to let Jonathan remove the subsidy and then use the dollars saved to fund his re-election with more Dasuki funds channeled through Peter Obi's Fidelity Bank?

Did the Jonathan regime show any preparation to cushion the effect of the removal?

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by MVLOX(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2023
Story story
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2023
So why did you oppose Gej removing it?

In 2012 you and buhari could have put aside politics and mobilized people to support the removal of subsides then.

By now we would have been reaping the benefits.

Trust no politicians

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica / How FG Plotted Senate Invasion/mace Snatching By Thugs - Wike / How Many Igbo People Have You Worked With? - Peter Obi Asks El-rufai (WATCH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.