Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? (18891 Views)

Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live' / The UK officially The Worst Place Live In Europe? / Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? by cap28: 12:39pm On May 13, 2011
Jakumo:

So what is the message you really have about South Africa. Playmode ?

On one hand you sing the praises of living with uninterrupted electrical power, safe drinking water, and "unlimited" business opportunities, while on the other hand you remind readers that South African Boer whites are the most hateful and racist beings on Earth.

Does the racism of South African Boers not limit the "unlimited business opportunities" you describe ? 

Enquiring minds want to know.    Not that I personally intend to ever set foot in Apartheid-Land, mark you.

To better understand your plight in South Africa, could you please clarify which of the rigid racial classifications you fall under there.   Are you a regular kaffir, a lesser lowland colored, a spotted cape colored kaffir mix, an Indian-Kaffir hybrid,  or an African BLECK ?

is it wrong for him to point out the reality of life for blacks (or blecks according to you) in south africa?

are you implying that because he has access to the facilities he highlighted he should remain mute about racial discrimination directed towards blacks in a black majority nation?

just in case you are unaware the weatlh of south africa remains in the hands of the racists who created the apartheid system in south africa

and as far as i am aware issues of wealth redistribution are yet to be addressed.

with regard to your question about which racial group he falls within - what has that got to do with the ongoing issue of white racism in a black majority nation?

Perhaps you would be better off asking the white racists who invented those various racial groups rather than a victim of the system.
Re: South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? by nwaafo1: 8:42pm On May 14, 2011
@RSA, am in cape town, will like to contact you
RSA:

Four years down the line I wonder how many of this people still hold the same view.
Re: South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? by oceantide2(m): 11:25am On Jan 25, 2013
South Africa is generally not a safe place to live in but when I saw this list of worst places to live on this site: http://answersafrica.com : That was when I realized that SA is heaven.
Re: South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? by ARealBoer: 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
I am a South African and I am shocked at the ignorance of the people that post here.
South Africa is heading on a downward spiral. The town I grew up in used to be known as the town with the best roads in the province, now it doesn't have a single tar road left. Yes we built new roads for 2010, but they have been degrading since.
An independent investigations authority recently released a report showing that the average budget spenditure was but 12%, the rest of the funds just vanished. Our average official income of officials is R30 000 a month, and yet they make investments of millions within a year of being elected or appointed.
Our president, Zuma, dropped out of school at grade 5. He recently made 283 million rand's worth of improvements on several of his residents. He said the government paid for only 100 million of hit, yet in his entire term of service, he hasn't earned nearly half as much money as he spent. when we talk of a new delegate or official, we don't say "We wonder if he will become corrupt." We say "We wonder how corrupt he will become."
The government disbanded the Scorpions because they were beginning to open up these flaws, and formed the Eagles, another special police force that they controlled.
They have been working with police to kill off taxi drivers from unions that compete with unions allied with them.
So I can go on and on naming cases and incidents that show how our Country has fallen.
Many things were wrong with the Apartheid system, hundreds of horrors and rights abuses were committed, but the current government is not improving the state of the country. The people who have been oppressed in the Apartheid era, are still being oppressed. But not by official government policies, but by unofficial, acts and ways.

People may differ from me and say I am stupid, but the truth is, I live in this country and see what happens in it every day. I know and experience the injustices that occur every day and know the hatred that still exists within our society today. The reason white people still have such a negative view of black South Africans, is because they lived up to our expectations. White people expected them to be corrupt, they expected them to through many working regulations out the window, and the did. we expected them to stop maintaining our infrastructure, and they did.
They made one major mistake. They threw out the experienced white officials before they could teach their inexperienced subordinates to replace them, and as a result the spiral began.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Obinna Ugboja Dead In South African Police Custody / Nigeria At 59: Heavy Traffic At Eti Osa, Lagos State. VIDEO / Bus Hits A Man Crossing Nsukka-Enugu Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.