Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped (13661 Views)

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House / New FG Interchange: Verify That Property Before Buying It. / Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by lawyer(m): 5:15am On Jan 03, 2023
13 years ago I wrote this Nairaland article Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year- https://www.nairaland.com/377377/dont-victim-investigate-every-property to educate people to avoid being victims of land and property scams. 13 years later, a horrible number of people, particularly young professionals in this new generation, continue to suffer agonizing losses at the hands of these land and property scammers.

Buying a land or house in Lagos, especially in popular places like Lekki, Ajah, Ibeju Lekki, Epe, Ikorodu, Surulere, Ebute Metta, Yaba, Festac/Ojo and the outskirts of Ikeja/ Maryland/ Isheri North and Alimosho environs has become painful and stressful because of the rise of land scammers and property fraudsters. Every day, thousands of Nigerians both at home and abroad are victims of losing Billions of Naira due to the following reasons:

1. Dubious real estate companies selling lands that have wahala and serious legal problems attached to them or properties with non-existent documents

2. Questionable real estate developers selling houses with defective and bogus title documents or houses built on government lands,

3. Omo-oniles selling family lands with existing community issues or lands with serious court or police cases attached to them,

4. Private Owners of property selling lands or houses that have incomplete documents or faulty titles or homes constructed on lands belonging to the Lagos state.

Last year alone, I know about 200 people that lost Millions of Naira to many shady real estate companies in Ibeju Lekki, and in the end they had no land and are still hopping from one police station to another in an effort to recover their money back, which they will probably never receive from these shady real estate companies because they bought lands with defective titles or no allocation.

I am also aware of another group of people who purchased multi-million Naira homes in Lekki and Ajah from dishonest developers and deceitful Instagram agents only to discover later that the homes either had defects or were not for sale since the true seller did not exist or the documentation for the homes were defective.

I also know a handful of people that fell victim to Omo-oniles who bought community family lands in Ajah and Ibeju lekki worth millions of Naira and at the end of the day lost the land and their money because they bought stolen lands that belonged to other people and resold to them. Other victims bought lands that out rightly belonged to the Lagos State government and any structure put on it will surely be demolished.

In short last year was a bad record year for property victims who lost Billions of Naira of their life savings to Real Estate Thieves and they were all guilty of one thing.

"They all failed to conduct a verification exercise and investigate that property before paying for the land or house"

Many of the victims who were scammed,

1. were either too impatient,

2. some were in a hurry to buy properties without investigating,

3. some refused to listen to advice to calm down and investigate the property,

4. some were too stingy to spend a token to give a property lawyer, licensed surveyor, licensed Agent, broker or estate surveyor to investigate the property,

5. some were just too busy to worry about verifying a property,

6. some entrusted buying a property to their relatives or close friends without monitoring it or getting an independent person,

7. some were excited by the offer and preferred to buy without verifying,

8. some just bought because of the lies they read in the beautiful flyers promising them a piece of an estate that would look like Dubai

9. while many I know just bought properties because of the beautiful agent or marketer they were dealing with without using their senses.

10. Some were victims of their “I too know” because they read some land purchasing tips online and decided to verify it themselves without covering all the basics.

11. Some were simply not bothered about verifying and put all their trust in the transaction and ended up getting burned.

The summary is that many of them ended up dashing their life savings and family money to a stranger who ended up using their money for frivolous things. These victims ended up having no good land after they were scammed neither have they been refunded their money.

How can you work so hard to save money for many months or years ranging from ₦1,000,000 to ₦100,000,000 and above to buy a land or house and then refuse to pay a small token to verify the property because you are "stingy" or feel pressured by the agent or marketer to pay for the property without exercising caution to verify it?

Instead of giving away your life savings to a land thief and then scrambling to find a lawyer or the police to help you recover the money when problems arise, if you are so wealthy and have money to throw away, why not donate it to an orphanage or NGO? The worst aspect is that many victims are willing to pay 10 times as much money to reclaim the land or money at the police station when the land wahala arises.
If so, does this make sense?

I also know many people are ignorant about the property-buying tricks, tips, and laws of buying land in Lagos so this thread would be dedicated to answering all property-buying questions and would be updated with articles and information about buying a fraud-free land or house in Lagos without falling victim to fraud this year.

On no account should this advice be substituted for conducting a physical verification on land done by a property lawyer. It is just for educational purposes so that no Jibiti developer, wuru-wuru agent or wayo omonile can put wool on your eyes anymore. it is only for educational purposes.

Visit www.omonilelawyer.com for more information on how to avoid becoming the next victim of a land or property scam, or contact me at 08077943514 or 07036681104 or info@omonilelawyer.com to verify your next property.

Omonilelawyer’s motto when it comes to land or property purchase is

“OGA NO VEX - I TRUST YOU BUT I MUST VERIFY YOU. IF YOU WAN VEX, PLEASE VEX BUT I MUST STILL VERIFY YOU”

See you in the comments section.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by ebenezry: 5:59am On Jan 03, 2023
l pray to God to answer my Prayer this year and get a landed property this year, latest mid of the year and so shall it be in Jesus Name. Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by lawyer(m): 6:39am On Jan 03, 2023
ebenezry:
l pray to God to answer my Prayer this year and get a landed property this year, latest mid of the year and so shall it be in Jesus Name. Amen.

Amen! God will surely answer your prayers smiley

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by DaveHarry(m): 7:47am On Jan 03, 2023
Happy new year everyone.

Someone should get me a good and reliable land developer. I have acres of lands unused, I need a company of any category to come make use of it,
Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by whirlwind7(m): 4:58am On Jan 04, 2023
lawyer:

Happy New Year, lawyer.
I always remember your advise whenever I'm buying.
I bought lands at Ibeju Lekki years ago (2012/2013)
The whisper I hear nowadays is that there are no more unsold land at Ibeju grin
Everything has been bought, and one must be extremely careful with any purchase in that location. How true is this?

Nothing seem to get easier or more straightforward in Nigeria soon, especially land transactions.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by jr3: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2023
nice.
Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by Investigator1: 9:52am On Jan 06, 2023
DaveHarry location?ost=119658067:
Happy new year everyone.

Someone should get me a good and reliable land developer. I have acres of lands unused, I need a company of any category to come make use of it,
Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by DaveHarry(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2023
[quote author=Investigator1 post=119763295][/quote]
Delta state
Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by jejerod450: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2023

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by oduz: 3:59am On Jan 07, 2023
DaveHarry:
Happy new year everyone.

Mail the location to me for consideration
Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by ibawon(m): 6:23am On Jan 08, 2023
Thank you for renewing this thread. May your days be blessed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by werisetogether(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
@lawyer

Thanks for this public service announcement

Please can you confirm: do you only deal with matters within Lagos and environs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by PricelessWitty(m): 11:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
lawyer:
13 years ago I wrote this Nairaland article Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year- https://www.nairaland.com/377377/dont-victim-investigate-every-property to educate people to avoid being victims of land and property scams. 13 years later, a horrible number of people, particularly young professionals in this new generation, continue to suffer agonizing losses at the hands of these land and property scammers.

Buying a land or house in Lagos, especially in popular places like Lekki, Ajah, Ibeju Lekki, Epe, Ikorodu, Surulere, Ebute Metta, Yaba, Festac/Ojo and the outskirts of Ikeja/ Maryland/ Isheri North and Alimosho environs has become painful and stressful because of the rise of land scammers and property fraudsters. Every day, thousands of Nigerians both at home and abroad are victims of losing Billions of Naira due to the following reasons:

1. Dubious real estate companies selling lands that have wahala and serious legal problems attached to them or properties with non-existent documents

2. Questionable real estate developers selling houses with defective and bogus title documents or houses built on government lands,

3. Omo-oniles selling family lands with existing community issues or lands with serious court or police cases attached to them,

4. Private Owners of property selling lands or houses that have incomplete documents or faulty titles or homes constructed on lands belonging to the Lagos state.

Last year alone, I know about 200 people that lost Millions of Naira to many shady real estate companies in Ibeju Lekki, and in the end they had no land and are still hopping from one police station to another in an effort to recover their money back, which they will probably never receive from these shady real estate companies because they bought lands with defective titles or no allocation.

I am also aware of another group of people who purchased multi-million Naira homes in Lekki and Ajah from dishonest developers and deceitful Instagram agents only to discover later that the homes either had defects or were not for sale since the true seller did not exist or the documentation for the homes were defective.

I also know a handful of people that fell victim to Omo-oniles who bought community family lands in Ajah and Ibeju lekki worth millions of Naira and at the end of the day lost the land and their money because they bought stolen lands that belonged to other people and resold to them. Other victims bought lands that out rightly belonged to the Lagos State government and any structure put on it will surely be demolished.

In short last year was a bad record year for property victims who lost Billions of Naira of their life savings to Real Estate Thieves and they were all guilty of one thing.

"They all failed to conduct a verification exercise and investigate that property before paying for the land or house"

Many of the victims who were scammed,

1. were either too impatient,

2. some were in a hurry to buy properties without investigating,

3. some refused to listen to advice to calm down and investigate the property,

4. some were too stingy to spend a token to give a property lawyer, licensed surveyor, licensed Agent, broker or estate surveyor to investigate the property,

5. some were just too busy to worry about verifying a property,

6. some entrusted buying a property to their relatives or close friends without monitoring it or getting an independent person,

7. some were excited by the offer and preferred to buy without verifying,

8. some just bought because of the lies they read in the beautiful flyers promising them a piece of an estate that would look like Dubai

9. while many I know just bought properties because of the beautiful agent or marketer they were dealing with without using their senses.

10. Some were victims of their “I too know” because they read some land purchasing tips online and decided to verify it themselves without covering all the basics.

11. Some were simply not bothered about verifying and put all their trust in the transaction and ended up getting burned.

The summary is that many of them ended up dashing their life savings and family money to a stranger who ended up using their money for frivolous things. These victims ended up having no good land after they were scammed neither have they been refunded their money.

How can you work so hard to save money for many months or years ranging from ₦1,000,000 to ₦100,000,000 and above to buy a land or house and then refuse to pay a small token to verify the property because you are "stingy" or feel pressured by the agent or marketer to pay for the property without exercising caution to verify it?

Instead of giving away your life savings to a land thief and then scrambling to find a lawyer or the police to help you recover the money when problems arise, if you are so wealthy and have money to throw away, why not donate it to an orphanage or NGO? The worst aspect is that many victims are willing to pay 10 times as much money to reclaim the land or money at the police station when the land wahala arises.
If so, does this make sense?

I also know many people are ignorant about the property-buying tricks, tips, and laws of buying land in Lagos so this thread would be dedicated to answering all property-buying questions and would be updated with articles and information about buying a fraud-free land or house in Lagos without falling victim to fraud this year.

On no account should this advice be substituted for conducting a physical verification on land done by a property lawyer. It is just for educational purposes so that no Jibiti developer, wuru-wuru agent or wayo omonile can put wool on your eyes anymore. it is only for educational purposes.

Visit www.omonilelawyer.com for more information on how to avoid becoming the next victim of a land or property scam, or contact me at 08077943514 or 07036681104 or info@omonilelawyer.com to verify your next property.

Omonilelawyer’s motto when it comes to land or property purchase is

“OGA NO VEX - I TRUST YOU BUT I MUST VERIFY YOU. IF YOU WAN VEX, PLEASE VEX BUT I MUST STILL VERIFY YOU”

What can you say about a digital system that takes away all the stressful and fraudulent process of renting/buying a house?

Let's have your response here in this google form: https://forms.gle/FBP1wu5Q4VTpmxa66

Please kindly respond, it's educationally motivated.
Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by CharlesLeads: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2023
Its all about trust but there is need for due diligence and one on one actions

1 Like

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by MrKenny: 10:10pm On Feb 09, 2023
I and others are victims of land scam. We listened to a Yinka Ayefele programme (Opeyemi) in December 2021 during which he brought a land seller ( Mr Tosin Shittu of Design Bricks Homes and Property). The man promised instant allocation and some other benefits. He took us to a nice estate and we were attracted and paid for plot of land. After the payment, he refused to physically allocate the land. After six months of dribbling, we demanded for a refund. We reported him at Public Complaints Commission, he was summoned and asked to refund the money. Till this moment, the guy and his company has refused to refund the money. People should be wary of real estate agent/scammers on radio. Please advise us on what to do to get our money back. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by somehow: 6:36am On Feb 10, 2023
MrKenny:
I and others are victims of land scam. We listened to a Yinka Ayefele programme (Opeyemi) in December 2021 during which he brought a land seller ( Mr Tosin Shittu of Design Bricks Homes and Property). The man promised instant allocation and some other benefits. He took us to a nice estate and we were attracted and paid for plot of land. After the payment, he refused to physically allocate the land. After six months of dribbling, we demanded for a refund. We reported him at Public Complaints Commission, he was summoned and asked to refund the money. Till this moment, the guy and his company has refused to refund the money. People should be wary of real estate agent/scammers on radio. Please advise us on what to do to get our money back. Thank you.

USE the EFCC on him if the money is that big.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be The Next Land Scam Victim. Verify That Property To Avoid Being Duped by hofeshhomes: 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
Always verify any property you want to pay for.

Don't let any Agent to pressure you to pay without doing due diligence.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eastwood Gardens Estate, Behind KICC Estate, Igando, Lekki (Pics) / Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? / Fayose Gives Two Months Ultimatum To Landlords To Provide Toilet Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.