Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,387 members, 7,800,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out (30077 Views)

Delta Hospital Allegedly Seizes Newborn Baby Over N383,500 Bill / NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Dr. Chima Matthew Dances To Calm Down His Patient's Siblings In Florida, US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by nlfpmod: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2023
NMA Condemns Murder of Medical Doctor, Demands Justice

The Nigerian Medical Association has condemned the gruesome murder of one of its members, Dr Uyi Iluobe, who was said to have been killed by the relatives of his patient at a hospital in Oghara, Delta State.

The NMA also called on the Delta State government and the Inspector-General of Police to bring the perpetrators of the murder to book.

The PUNCH gathered that Dr Iluobe was murdered on December 31, 2022.

The NMA, in a press statement signed by its President, Dr Uche Ojinmah, and made available to our correspondent on Monday urged the National Assembly to criminalise violence against healthcare workers in the country.

The Nigerian Medical Association received with shock and sadness the news of the murder on December 31st, 2022 of Dr Iluobe by the relatives of his patient at Oghara where his practice was based.

“The above scenario being the response of the patient relatives to the loss of a patient from suspected gunshot injuries can never be justifiable and has taken violence against doctors and other healthcare workers from injuries to murder.

It is unbelievable that in the face of a debilitating medical brain drain, the few doctors that patriotically decided to stay back and take care of our fellow citizens are being murdered by the same Nigerians.

“While we sympathise with the family of the patient that was lost, we strongly condemn this murder and call on the Government of Delta State and the Inspector-General of Police to as a matter of urgency bring the perpetrators of this heinous crime to book so as to assuage the pain we feel. A man should not be murdered for the selfless act of being on duty on a New Year’s Eve.

The Nigerian Medical Association uses this medium to call on the National Assembly to make a law criminalising violence against healthcare workers. Please save our souls from wanton attacks by fellow Nigerians.

“We are closely monitoring the handling of the case of Dr Uyi Iluobe’s murder and shall respond as the need arises. Enough is enough,” the statement read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nma-condemns-murder-of-medical-doctor-demands-justice/%3famp

Twitter user Chima Ihueze reacts:

You gotta be kidding me!
When I said that doctors should go on strike whenever a member is assaulted, some idiots came to tell me strike is too much. Lol just look at!

Anyways, for doctors still practising in Nigeria, y'all be safe ��❤️

https://twitter.com/chimaihueze/status/1609898250173124612

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by God1000(m): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2023
Sad, that family is in hot water.

They committed murder, was it the doctor that shot him? I know some of our doctors can be careless but nothing justifies such evil act.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by taylor88(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2023
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2023
Chaii..
My dear I cannot lie.. Even I chatting was almost moved to strike a doctor on certain occasions.

The way they act like executioners is so heart wrenching.

Should we even call them doctors or non chalant killers?

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2023
taylor88:
9ja doctors are just doing assisted suicide in the various hospitals.

when you bring a patient for treatment, they only assist the patient to die and not to recover

and like Tupac said "revenge is the sweetest joy next to getting pvssy".. So don't judge them killers for now (infact I stand with them)

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Joyless004: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2023
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by princepee: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
tongue sad, those who are responsible for this act should be made to face the law.
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by EdiskyHarry: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
Sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by kushma(m): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
Authorities should look into this dearly and do something about it, they should face the result of their actions 100%.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by opera1(m): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
Occupant hazard
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Kingoslo(m): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
Oh... Thats why we are always backward in this country... Doctors dat decide to stay u kill them... Now innocent patients in the hospital will suffer the consequences... anyway VOTE WISELY... VOTE P.O VOTE LABOUR PARTY

“It is unbelievable that in the face of a debilitating medical brain drain, the few doctors that patriotically decided to stay back and take care of our fellow citizens are being murdered by the same Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by peacettw: 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
So sad

1 Like

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by ztephane(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by engrpheleeks(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
May his soul find repose.

1 Like

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Lagusta(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
I do not support gun violence...

But I strongly support all Nigerians taking up arms to defend themselves.

If you're a doctor still practicing in Nigeria, meeehn I'm sorry for not only your sorry self, but for your descendants too...

And it's going to get WORSE!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by nanauju(f): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Get your children educational android tablets at clearance sales price of as low as N20,000

Location is Lagos
Delivery is nationwide

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by We4all: 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Hmnn... not justifying this barbarism but doctors and nurses can push someone too far with their nonchalance. I am still planning what to do with the ones who were responsible for the death of my sis.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by KingLennon(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Oh
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by barinedan(m): 9:18am On Jan 03, 2023
This killing is totally unacceptable, it should be thoroughly investigated,

3 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by stonemasonn: 9:18am On Jan 03, 2023
So no arrest can be made until the Inspector General is petitioned.

6 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Guapismo: 9:19am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Chaii..
My dear I cannot lie.. Even I chatting was almost moved to strike a doctor on certain occasions.

The way they act like executioners is so heart wrenching.

Should we even call them doctors or non chalant killers?
Very stupid comment, people that work shifts for hours, some even more than 24 hours, and you come here to spit trash, work as a doctor in Nigeria first, with no bed space, limited man power, no equipments and see how easy it it to save every single patient that comes your way, nonsense.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by traihit: 9:19am On Jan 03, 2023
kushma:
Authorities should look into this dearly and do something about it

Authorities that want doctors to back to farming I suppose....
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Henrypraise: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2023
Heard about it on Sunday and heard it was a cult war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by VIKTO83(m): 9:20am On Jan 03, 2023
Even though I'm quite understanding person, my patients and patient's relatives can't take me for granted.
D3m no born dem well.
I dispose my duty professionally and diligently.
But wh3n they meet me they know I have A1 on d streets too.
They know they will have equal measure of madness if they chose to bring madness to me.

All that has met me know say i be mad Doctor as long as it has to do with managing mad patients or patient's relatives that are mad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by traihit: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2023
We4all:
Hmnn... not justifying this barbarism but doctors and nurses can push someone too far with their nonchalance. I am still planning what to do with the ones who were responsible for the death of my sis.

Chargé them to court as an individual especially if you can provide an evidence. I know that some health professionals lack good ethics but that doesn't cancel every other person. How many sick people will survive if all doctors in Nigeria decide to stay off duty for a week?

What happened to this doctor will demoralize a lot of other doctors who were willing to stay in Nigeria despite the harsh environment they work in.

6 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Offpoint1: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2023
Vc
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Lagusta(m): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2023
We4all:

Write to the MDCN to investigate the matter, or just sue him.

Let the law decide if there is any evidence of negligence or malpractice...

Killing another soul will never help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Oxfordgrade: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2023
There is no smoke without fire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Catfish / Please Help! How Can I Treat Chronic Catarrh That Has Lasted More Than 8yrs / Dying To Be Thin: Thousands Petition Youtube To Ban Anorexic Vlogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.