Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) (1857 Views)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / 28 Year Old Mother Dumps New Born Baby In A Nylon Bag On The Street (photo) / Woman Dumps Day-Old Baby By Roadside In Lagos (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by Babasessy(m): 7:08am On Sep 03, 2011
Evil mother dumps day-oldbaby in pit

* I thank God that the baby is alive, He will be a great man in future –Baby’s father * It’s not her first time. She did something like that when she was a student –Neighbour * I did not even know she was pregnant at all –Mother

Odunayo Bamisaye, 20, lives with her mother, Ruth, in their small house at the Oke Idi-Agba Area of Ikole-Ekiti in Ekiti State. Since the separation of her parents years back, Bamisaye’s mother had been solely responsible for her up-keeps and that of her siblings. Having completed her secondary school education last year, Bamisaye’s mother had reportedly called her to switch profession and learn a trade since she (the mother) could not afford the fees and rigours of sending her for further studies.

While the search for what trade she would learn was on, Bamisaye shuttled between her mother’s house and her fiance’s, to the knowledge of the mum, though. It did not take long before Bamisaye got pregnant. Her fiancé, Oluwabusuyi Ajolojuwa, had already reportedly met Bamisaye’s mother to inform her of his desire to take her daughter as wife. The mother was reported to have told young Ajolojuwa that, while she would not prevent her daughter from getting married, she, however, would not want that to happen until she learnt a chosen trade. Ajolojuwa reportedly agreed with the mother and the two of them continued their friendship.

Ajolojuwa is a security guard at the general hospital, in the town. Before long, Bamisaye became pregnant, but apparently knowing the stance of her mother on her learning a trade, she concealed the information for her mother. It was reported that on many occasions, Bamisaye would behave strangely and also showing symptoms of pregnancy. The mother reportedly often pestered her to know if it was pregnancy that was causing her strange behaviours, but Bamisaye vehemently denied being pregnant. Bamisaye, it was reported, only confided in her elder sister, Bose, but begged her not to disclose the news of her pregnancy to anyone. Bose did as her sister wanted. She concealed the information. It was late before the hapless mother got to know that her daughter was pregnant.

Weeks before she was due to give birth, Bamisaye allegedly told her mother that she wanted to go to her fiance’s house to help him arrange some things in his place. He mother did not object to her request. That was how Bamisaye left her mother and temporarily moved into Ajolojuwa house. The absurd happened on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 when Bamisaye reportedly gave birth to a baby boy. For reasons best known to her, she chose not to celebrate nor announce the arrival of the bundle of gift. Instead, Bamisaye reportedly wrapped the baby in a cloth and dumped him inside an uncompleted well being dug not far from their house.

The Pit

Immediately she dumped the baby inside the well, Bamisaye reportedly cleaned herself and went to bed. Her fiancé was said to be out of town when she started to labour that day. A female neighbour, identified as Mrs Ishola, a midwife, at the Government Hospital, Ikole-Ekiti reportedly discovered the baby where it was dumped. Explaining the drama that led to her discovering the baby, Ishola said that she was at home to help circumcise a new baby, and when she was done with it, she went outside her house to throw away the water into the pit dug close to her house. While she was about throwing the water, she reportedly heard a strange noise right inside the pit.

Mrs Ishola became afraid and ran inside. That was around 6:00 a.m the following morning being a Thursday. The frightened woman immediately called her son to come and see what was inside the pit. When the son stooped to see what was inside, it turned out to be a new baby. Ishola then reportedly raised alarm around the neighbourhood. Bringing the baby out of the pit was no tea party. The men that came to the rescue of the baby were apparently conscious that having to break the pit could affect the baby inside. Eventually, though, they brought the baby out alive. Mrs Ishola was first to comment on her experience that day.

Her words, “That day after I had circumcised a new baby, I took the water to throw it inside the toilet close by. As I was about to throw the water, I heard a noise inside the pit. I then called my son to come and see what is inside it and lo and behold, it was a baby that was inside the pit. That was when I raised the alarm to people around the area,” she said. When no one was ready to come forward to claim ownership of the baby, the men reportedly took it to the head of the community who, in turn, called on his messengers to comb the town for all known pregnant women in their midst. It took a while before they realized that it was Bamisaye that just gave birth in the town. She was summarily brought before the traditional ruler.

In her confession, Bamisaye, who claimed ownership of the baby said that she was not herself when she did the act. She reportedly claimed that it was because there was no one to rally round her after her delivery that made her did what she did. She also said all she could remember was that she had a baby and did not remember anything again from there. Her words, “That day (Wednesday), I went to the stream to fetch water around 7: 00 p.m. while on my way going, I started to labour and I looked around for help but there was no one around to help me. While I was still in pain, I saw that the baby came out of my body.

After the baby came out, it did not cry nor did it shake its body. I thought it was dead. I then decided to throw the baby into the pit close to where I had it with the umbilical cord,” she said. Bamisaye’s mother’s neighbours, however, debunked her claims saying that that was not the first time she had done such a thing. It was said that she did similar thing when she was in school a couple of years back. Ruth, her mother, also was reportedly full of surprises saying that she was not aware that her daughter was pregnant at all.

But the father of the baby, Ajolojuowa, claimed that he accepted the pregnancy immediately Bamisaye informed him that she took in. “I am baffled by the action of this girl. We both had plans to marry after she delivers the baby and I never denied the pregnancy when she told me she was pregnant. At a time she doubted my commitment to the relationship and because of that I took her to my mother in our town. My mother is waiting that I should bring her and the baby when she delivers. But I thank God that the baby is alive. He must be a great person in future. I will take custody of my child, but I know nothing will bring the two of us together forever,” said Ajolojuowa.

Re: Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2011
The good news in this whole drama is that the baby was found alive,rescued on time.

When babies make babies,stuffs like this happen.
Re: Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2011
What on earth is going on?? It would appear there's an epidemic of mothers dumping their newbown babies. Thank the good Lord this one survived, this one wasn't so lucky, God rest its soul:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-795095.0.html#msg9467119
Re: Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by ronkebp(f): 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2011
It really breaks my heart to read stories like this. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How would someone do this to a helpless baby that did not ask to be brought into this world. cry cry cry, Am so glad she was found alive.
Re: Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2011
Who get mind to Bleep that woman?
Re: Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by Outstrip(f): 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2011
Could be post partum depression. Thank God the baby is okay
Re: Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2011
michelin89:

Who get mind to bleep that woman?

first thing that came to my mind lipsrsealed
Well, I guess there's someone for everybody undecided
Re: Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures) by Natasha2(f): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2011
Thank God the baby is alive, cheesy wicked woman with a wicked face,

(1) (Reply)

Three Wishes- What Would It Be? / A Wild Lion Bit More Then He Can Chew (buffalo Flips Lion Into The Air) / Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.