Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. (854 Views)

Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger / How Do I Tell A Friend I Have Outgrown Him / I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by iksman2002(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
Compliment of the season everyone.
It's a long read.
5yrs ago @ 15, was a resident with my Uncle's family at this new area.
I'm an inside person with no friends coupled with the work my Uncle does which I also engaged in, I didn't really needed to go outside.
My aunty always persuaded me to go meet my mates and maybe play or relate, I did but sometimes. I very much observed that the area was filled with bad boys or should I say rough kids and noticing that I didn't want to relate with them that much but of course it attracted this maximum respect from them till date. I noticed this guy also that is always comported, was a year older than me. That day he was in my set when we played ball, unfortunately he didn't know how to play so we teased him lol. While going home he asked me where I'm staying and I told him, his house was close to mine so we walked home together talking and then I realised we had some things in common, his dad is late, mine is critically ill, and we're business minded. My uncle didn't want to see me around hood boys so our friendship always ended at his place. We became best of friends even tho we rarely see after I got admission.
Educationally, even tho I'm younger I was ahead of him, I attended his secondary school graduation and his University matric, I never failed to show up cos I know no one will come if I didn't.
When I lost my phone in 100lvl, he gave me his without even I asking him.
During the COVID lockdown, some stuff came up which I registered him for, making him get more than half a million altogether based on slots that was given to my relative.
Now when I had told him what I registered him for, bruh was happy promising me heaven on earth.
I didn't really care, I just needed him to help his people too just the way I'm striving to help mine.
Well, the issue started when he was paid, this guy locked up, didn't talk to me again until I asked to see him.
Normally, 15% of the cash was supposed to go to that my relative whose slot I used for my friend. Even after explaining everything to my friend, he promised to pay up but didn't pay a penny.
This stuff I did was a combination of 2 programs, and the percentages were different, mine payed too but the other didn't work out for me, so since my relative didn't ask me for any percentage, I just payed up my friend's own from my cash.
My fund was mismanaged under the guidance of my uncle (Another long story) but I was stupid honestly.
Even after all those stuff bruh was still asking me for cash assistance and I'll still send to him.
This guy made a lot of money, started living large, as at then I'm still managing. My Uncle later had a problem with his wife, brought in a new one and I couldn't stay at his place again because of how this new wife did things, and that was my IT period.
So I met my friend somewhere around town, only for him to come hug me saying he missed me. I explained to him all have been happening and he asked me to move in to his place.
I moved in, although things changed with the way he was behaving cause I was totally out of fund and was eating from his pocket for like a month, I didn't mind cos I was just there for a short time (Was on my IT) then.
Before my IT finished, I had gotten surplus funds thanked him for accommodating me and travelled.
Communication between I and this guy seized after I stopped initiating the chats.
November ending last year, I lost my dad coupled with resumption I was down with cash after all expenditures at the hospital and other things
The family came through but honestly it wasn't enough as I had to do things on my own part too.
For the first time in 5 years (Unbelievable right?), I asked my guy for little cash after explaining to him what happened, bruh didn't reply me.
This shit pained me I almost shed tears cos I was supposed to go the mortuary and drop clothes for the body, and not that I didn't have money, my iphone was stolen that same day with my ATM at the back, I was stranded but I had my little Nokia with me which had few numbers, his included that's why I made the call to him but was snubbed.
Issue was resolved, I got another phone that same week and sent him the burial banner, bruh didn't still show up. Normally my other guys showed for me and the burial was super successful but I never expected someone that called me his best friend won't show up for me (By the way he has a car) so coming was never a problem, I felt bad.
I just turned 20 last month, and was expecting this guy to call me or even send me a message like I always do for him, nothing.
Omoh I just blocked him and deleted his contact on new year Eve.
But honestly I felt very bad that my fellow guy I cherished would treat me like this and I don't think I'll keep friends anymore.

1 Like

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by lecoeur(m): 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
Won't say have been in your shoes bruh but something quite similar.
I came to understand that in this life, you'll surely encounter disappointments be it from whoever...
It is well Bruh, be strong.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Be strong and move on..Dont expect much from anyone..even your family.forge your mind to not be downcast if disappointment comes.its part of life.Brood for a moment and pick yourself up

2 Likes

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by ahnie: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good lord knows m the last soul on earth to hoped on anyone.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by chinae(m): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
Just use your 'move-on' button swiftly.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by Richy4(m): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
You are young, you are 20 you will still experience more lessons that only life can teach...

But I have to tell you that it's not all friendship that were meant to last forever... You entered into his life to fulfill a purpose.. u have done that.. so move on..

Many times it might hurt especially when people and friends were not showing up for you how you have for them. But yeah it happens.. take it as one of those things .. That should not however stop u from being nice...
By so doing, u might encounter the one that is better than a brother..

3 Likes

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by nicerod(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
I think you are expecting too much from him

U don't know what he's passing through

God be with you

Move on

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by Houseofglam7(f): 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good. Let him go.
Protect your sanity and don’t swim across an ocean for someone who wouldn’t jump over a puddle of water for you.
You’ll learn more as you go on.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by alex8724: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
nicerod:
I think you are expecting too much from him

U don't know what he's passing through

God be with you

Move on
What do you mean he's expecting too much from him?
Are friends not supposed to be there for each other or I don't understand your take...
Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by nicerod(m): 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
alex8724:

What do you mean he's expecting too much from him?
Are friends not supposed to be there for each other or I don't understand your take...

He wants the friend to help in times of needs too

But we can't see the other side
Re: A Friend I Cherished Turned Stranger. by Automolite: 7:50am On Jan 10, 2023
Such is life....

Add this to ur vault of experience and move on!..

(1) (Reply)

Do U Belief In Reincarnation? / 9 Situations In Life Where The Best Thing To Do Is To Remain Silent / Con You Marry Through Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.