Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo (22176 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / Reno Omokri: 'Arranged Marriages Have The Least Divorce. Avoid Premarital Sex' / 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by onthehill: 10:21am On Jan 05, 2023
Relationship coach and founder of David Christian Centre (DCC) in Lagos State, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo, has taken to his Twitter handle to state that many Nigerian marriages have ended a long time ago, IGBERETV reports.

He further said that a lot of them are just held together by society, poverty or kids

He wrote;

"Many Nigerian marriages have ended long ago, they are just being held together by society, poverty, or kids.

"Society because they are scared of what people will say, poverty because they can’t afford to leave, and kids because it’s a good excuse.

"Honestly I don’t even know if they should leave or continue the packaging. The decision is going to be hard no matter what is chosen.

"That is why I’m still very committed to preaching what we teach, that one family that gets it right makes all the difference.

"If you are single please follow what we are teaching, follow valid relationship guidelines. Life on the other side is not easy on those who ignored principles."

https://twitter.com/kingsleypst/status/1610661145374871553?t=usn0c9yWM3q9STtM99tduQ&s=19

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Righteousness2(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2023
Marriage is a great and beautiful thing .

Marriage is not a bed of roses all the time,
Marriage is not about social media hugowash.
Marriage is beyond reading motivational books or even counseling.
Marriage is way beyond six packs and big back
Marriage is way beyond having a Fat bank account.

But if you can build and tie your Home in GOD and His Word, the Holy Bible, you will be able to withstand the bumps and bullets fighting your Home.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Lemmy123(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2023
Too bad many people are in a marriage they can't exit anymore no matter how abusive or mentally depraving it is...

I think the society caused it. They place a very high value on marriage that makes everyone aspire to it (especially ladies) and they tell you God hates divorce. While that may be true, how do I contend with a woman whose behaviour I can't tame and or tolerate? And vice versa....

Truth is, marriage scares me

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by opalu: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2023
Marriage is strictly between 2 FORGIVERS.
If you are not a Forgiver, then remain Single all your life.

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Memphitz357: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2023
Where is the lie?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by usecondom(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2023
No lies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by KingLennon(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2023
As a married man for over 60 years in the other life, I think I have vast knowledge of marriage and can contribute (◔‿◔)

Do you want a successful marriage? Wives submit to your husbands and husbands love your wives (Eph 5:22-25). It's a principle that must be obeyed to enjoy your marriage..

That's the secret why our own parents married till old age until social media came.....

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Sixfeetbelle: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2023
He's right

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by ekesoft(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2023
Life is crazy

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2023
First truth 4 d yr 2023!

cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Sonnobax15(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2023
grin
Pastor just wan scatter table wey dem Zonefree don already dey shake tay tay.....

Well,the truth is that when you enter into marriage with someone whom you aren't compatible with, there's nothing on earth that'd make such marriage to last.......

Still,there are many marriages out there that are also beautiful to admire.......Even though there have been lots of ups and downs,but being able to understand each other made such marriage to come through many challenges.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by loosecanon50(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2023
Marriage and dating is the same thing these days.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by ekanx27(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2023
True.

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Moniya4Real(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2023
To be truthful and sincere to myself… And in line with my Christian faith. The reason I want to remarry is because of sex as I am already blessed with two wonderful boys

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by sircatherine45(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2023
I agree with him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by akosy(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2023
So far, I thank God for mine. Am really favoured, cos we no too serious for marriage matter, We they behave like say we still single. God has been faithful and I pray He does more.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by owiko(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2023
Marriage is like trying to create a balance between opposites. It takes a whole lot to achieve such feat

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2023
Once you're married to the idea and not the man then the marriage will definitely fail. What is the idea? Bright goals and Mind blowing dreams... If they fail, the marriage will crash!

Loving and standing by a man who has great ideas is fine, but if you're only loving for just that, and you are not seeing yourself in the picture of helping him make that dream come through then that is dangerous. Such a marriage must crash.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by infogenius(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2023
The pastor is spot on on this

A man in his sixties who still shares same home with his wife of his youth told me last year that his marriage ended more than 20 yrs ago. That his wife was just in his house because of his kids and to fill space.
They don't sleep in the same room, the man cooks his food and the woman caters for hers. It is when their kids come around that they stay together for talks.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by TheChameleon: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2023
How is this news ?

Everybody already knows except the gullible members of his congregation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by xristos(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
word!
I will say this forever...the first major reason for marriage is Legal Sex - which leads to raising kids (procreation)..otherwise it's needless.
everyother na secondary..- good food, help, dreams, goals, godly this and that..

some hav sex for reproduction only but have a very bad starved sex life..dat marriage no fit last

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by BabaCommander: 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
Attention seeking.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by TheBTCinvestor: 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
NgoZeemama:
Where is the lie?

Pls can I have ur number baby
Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by sircatherine45(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
Moniya4Real:
To be truthful and sincere to myself… And in line with my Christian faith. The reason I want to remarry is because of sex as I am already blessed with two wonderful boys
"
...Because of sex..."

Wow.

Ma'am, please care to explain the bolded?

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by MansoryMX(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
Moniya4Real:

Me wey never even born. I won't remarry again. I will just born or two and live my life to the fullest. I won't joke with my peace of mind anymore

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by MacDani(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
Life na cruise, so cruise it when you still can cuz you're not promised tomorrow.
Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by gassbee: 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
Flesh n blood has not revealed this to you but d spirit of the most high

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by Wickedfacts: 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
Marriage is not by force.

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by makavalley(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2023
He's right, some are just putting up with their spouse because they already have kids , some because they want be seen as married person, some the benefits they're getting being married to their spouse, some what will the social say

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo by SeeItSayIt: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2023
God dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? / South African Lady Who Got Married At 17 Gives Marriage Survival Tips / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.