Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) (48638 Views)

Ihordspy Definition Of Tinubu's "Gazelle Gagaraga" Was Wrong. / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Has Lost It - Sowore / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2023
Sheuns:

It’s garagara not gagarara. Don’t twist Yoruba words.

Lol. So many of you live in Abule. Deep inside village. Lagosian will use most of you people words as amusement.

Some are even telling me garagara doesnt exist . That it is giragira grin . Now you are telling me it is garagara not gagaraga.

When we say somebody is doing body gagaraga. It means a slim-like structure body and the person flaunting it without clothe...

It is mostly used as insult or jab.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2023
nairamaniac:

Is it even presidential/classy for Tinubu to be soo condensending to members of the society?
Hope you know what he did here was BODY SHAMING.
Which is very very wrong.
And u are proudly defending and interpreting it?

Does his wife not have skeletal structure?

No there is something we call connotative meaning. It applies to even slangs. He isnt talking about the slim-like structure but reffering to the flaunting on the body itself.

Take note of the word flaunting. He is using it to refer to yahoo yahoo boys been proud and flaunting themselves.

I just wish you guys can get it.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Irupetepete: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Are you from Lagos? I guess not.
born, bred and brought up in, oloruntosin, moshalashi and hustled in ladipo all in mushin olosha
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2023
lansile:

Do you work as a teacher? because doing anything else is a waste of human resource. If you have no job currently please apply for teaching job and let me know which school Iight bring my kids there to learn from you. Be that as it may, I want to advise you to stop trying to make sense of things like this to Obidients, as of now, the only thing that is acceptable to them is either saying things that condemns Tinubu or things that elevate Obi, in fact no middle ground. If I were you, on election day, I will make sure they see senses in whatever Tinubu is saying now.

Most of them criticising this are even Igbo not yoruba. Criticising what they know nothing about.

Just take a look at the word 'buga' ... If not for kiss daniel popular song title buga that enligtened them small. Some will have dismissed it as incorrect or a gaffe.

The northerners here before the kiss daniel song, thought buga only has one meaning, which is the leather fetcher use to draw water from well.

Ignorance is a disease truly.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 7:46am On Jan 07, 2023
IamAsiri:

Probably you were thinking in line of "gagara" (like "akuko gagara to gori ope ree le tente..."wink. Else, not sure such word exists. I even had to google it and found a pdf referring to it among some others as a nonsensical word. Mind you, I am not trying to antagonise you -- I just don't like my language being murdered, that's all smiley.

You are not a lagosian. Please shift.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 7:49am On Jan 07, 2023
Irupetepete:
born, bred and brought up in, oloruntosin, moshalashi and hustled in ladipo all in mushin olosha

The same Mushin i grew up. I am from Coker street in Mushin.

It is a pity for you that your usage of yoruba is still shaky and not solid. Kai....

So you don't know:
o se apa gagara ,... O nse garagara .......O nse ara gagaraga kiri ile.

O ma se oo ....
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Irupetepete: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

The same Mushin i grew up. I am from Coker street in Mushin.

It is a pity for you that your usage of yoruba is still shaky and not solid. Kai....

So you don't know:
[i]o se apa gagara ,... O nse garagara .......O nse ara gagaraga kiri ile.[/i]Bobo yi, stop formulating nonsense... Gbogbo jagbajagba toun so yen, ko si nkan toun je be... Joor sinmi Ara e... E Don do

O ma se oo ....
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Heterodox(m): 8:05am On Jan 07, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

I be warri pikin, from the creeks. I no be igbo but next time SHUT UP
Still fla_thead
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Munzy14(m): 8:49am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

In yoruba. Gragra is refer to as gara gara . Ask around.
Stupid people don't know when to shut up and move.. grin

Most useless topic/ thread of the year so far goes to this your thread.

Number of likes given to the FTC and STC is an accumulation of number of times you were taken as being daft. cheesy
2000+ people agreed you are stupid.

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2023
Ishilove:

You are an idiot. A compound fool. A beast of no fixed specie. If you cannot engage in a discourse without resorting to insults then you are an embarrassment to your lineage.

Don't bother responding because I don't engage internet hoodlums so you will be ignored so hard, you will doubt your own existence.

Please let the kid be. When something is beyond their intellectual capacity, they resorts to insults.

A very obvious sign of self-frustration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 8:53am On Jan 07, 2023
Munzy14:

Stupid people don't know when to shut up and move.. grin

Most useless topic/ thread of the year so far goes to this your thread.

Number of likes given to the FTC and STC is an accumulation of number of times you were taken as being daft. cheesy
2000+ people agreed you are stupid.

I dont seek to cure ignorance because of validations. I do so to save the loud-minorities from drowning in their own stupidity.

But since you are using number of likes as a scale for measurement of sense. Then you have none.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2023
Ishilove:

You are an idiot. A compound fool. A beast of no fixed specie. If you cannot engage in a discourse without resorting to insults then you are an embarrassment to your lineage.

Don't bother responding because I don't engage internet hoodlums so you will be ignored so hard, you will doubt your own existence.

Shut up is in no way an insult. It's actually a plea in this case.

So please SHUT UP.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 9:01am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

I dont seek to cure ignorance because of validations. I do so to say save the loud-minorities from drowning in their own stupidity.

But since you are using number of likes as a scale for measurement of sense. Then you have none.

Bros please nah....just try, take a deep breath, you can actually do it if you visualize it first in your head. When that deep breath you took earlier, gently release it as you exhale and stop talking, stop typing please.

Just SHUT UP.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Please let the kid be. When something is beyond their intellectual capacity, they resorts to insults.

A very obvious sign of self-frustration.

Smiles at the kid jab.

I suggest you smile too and SHUT UP.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

No there is something we call connotative meaning. It applies to even slangs. He isnt talking about the slim-like structure but reffering to the flaunting on the body itself.

Take note of the word flaunting. He is using it to refer to yahoo yahoo boys been proud and flaunting themselves.

Please SHUT UP
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by phemmyfour: 9:12am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.
To defend Tinubu even though I sound stupid....so help me God.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by hakimi1974(m): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.
for God sake what kind of MADNESS is the o.p suffering from?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 9:40am On Jan 07, 2023
Akmahoghany:

Ask Google if it sounds like a mistake

Was it google that Tinubu checked before he said "gazelle gagaraga"?

What is the meaning of "gazelle gagaraga"?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by leye4u: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.

The devil is the King of liars
....oniro oshi

Onijibiti gbogbo

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

How do you want people to get what doesn't exist?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2023
leye4u:

The devil is the King of liars
....oniro oshi

Onijibiti gbogbo

Lol. Who are you voting?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Gazelle

Just imagine what someone sat down to write... I wonder the kind of low brain some people have

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2023
henrybangs44:

Just imagine what someone sat down to write... I wonder the kind of low brain some people have

Rest omo-igbo. Something you dont know is bigger than you.

How can you even criticise something you have no idea about. You understand yoruba?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by shawnfamous(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.
You must be insane, please shut the Bleep up

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 10:21am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Rest omo-igbo. Something you dont know is bigger than you.

How can you even criticise something you have no idea about. You understand yoruba?

Yes I understand Yoruba fluently.

Please SHUT UP
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by FuckOsuPigs: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2023
robinzaga:

SHUT UP

Tell the riffraff who sired you to SHUT UP
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 10:34am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

I want to believe that Tinubu personally called you to tell you exactly what he meant.

If he didn't call you personally, how were you able to know his exact intentions with the connotation/denotation?

That means everyone on this thread who fired you with other mumbojumbos Tinubu misyarned at other instances were RIGHT TO HAVE ASKED YOU TO INTERPRET THOSE OTHER MUMBOJUMBOS.

For you to be so intelligent enough to interprete what he meant here, you should also be able to interprete the following below, since it's obvious yourself and Tinubu are in a HIGHER REALM than everyone of us here on Nairaland.

Why didn't you explain to us why Tinubu was licking a microphone? Is that part of Yoruba culture too?

Try and explain the meaning of the following

-"God bless PDAPC."

-"Four hundred bags barrels of oil"

-"Go and collect your APV, APC & vote."

-"A townhall meeting is different from Babablu Bluublu bulabu.

-"A dead fish cannot be sweet in any soup."

-"Broom! broom!! broom!!! brooooommm."

-"BUHARRI BUHARRI...Say it again BUHARRI"

-"A father of a child is mother of the father whose child is the father."

-"Turning the rotten situation of the state to a bad one."

-"The deputy senate president...will be the governor of Niger Delta state.”
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 10:37am On Jan 07, 2023
nairamaniac:

I want to believe that Tinubu personally called you to tell you exactly what he meant.

If he didn't call you personally, how were you able to know his exact intentions with the connotation/denotation?

That means everyone on this thread who fired you with other mumbojumbos Tinubu misyarned at other instances were RIGHT TO HAVE ASKED YOU TO INTERPRET THOSE OTHER MUMBOJUMBOS.

For you to be so intelligent enough to interprete what he meant here, you should also be able to interprete the following below, since it's obvious yourself and Tinubu are in a HIGHER(MAYBE DRUG INDUCED) REALM than everyone of us here on Nairaland.

Why didn't you explain to us why Tinubu was licking a microphone? Is that part of Yoruba culture too?

Try and explain the meaning of the following

-"God bless PDAPC."

-"Four hundred bags barrels of oil"

-"Go and collect your APV, APC & vote."

-"A townhall meeting is different from Babablu Bluublu bulabu.

-"A dead fish cannot be sweet in any soup."

-"Broom! broom!! broom!!! brooooommm."

-"BUHARRI BUHARRI...Say it again BUHARRI"

-"A father of a child is mother of the father whose child is the father."

-"Turning the rotten situation of the state to a bad one."

-"The deputy senate president...will be the governor of Niger Delta state.”

Until you learn how to communicate politely, then we can talk.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by LionofAfrica1(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2023
alsudan:
I no envy you, this your job no easy.
You can say that again. He surely has one of the most difficult jobs on earth. What !

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders / Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Taraba Mega Rally For Peter Obi (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.