Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. (22149 Views)

My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Evablizin(f): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
wunmi590:

In this present day government, there's nothing like rich relative, once you start working, you go chop billing both right, left, front, back and centre.
Exactly, even if you are selling groundnut �.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by LagBlogger(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
grandstar:

That isn't true. How can you spend 100m supporting family and friends? When he was close to his last $5m, why did common sense not enter?

He was either wasteful or had no financial education. I won't be surprised if the IRS was after him or HE made some bad financial investments. He might have bought a stupidly mighty house or lost half his wealth in a bloody divorce battle.

Everything to seems not to be true. Go and check out NBA stars who became broke on YouTube.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by LagBlogger(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
grandstar:

That isn't true. How can you spend 100m supporting family and friends? When he was close to his last $5m, why did common sense not enter?

He was either wasteful or had no financial education. I won't be surprised if the IRS was after him or HE made some bad financial investments. He might have bought a stupidly mighty house or lost half his wealth in a bloody divorce battle.

Everything to you seems not to be true. Go and check out NBA stars who became broke on YouTube.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by SirLinks: 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
Got a relation abroad, he's younger brother works within my family business, dudes Facebook page is filled with vacation pix to various countries.
Thou he owes me nothin, the last time he came around he gave me 1polo and he's younger brother 2 polos from he's shirt he bought for him self mind u dude is 2times my size.
Whenever he visit and is headed back, every naira note he changed would go back with him abroad to be used for wen ever he decided to visit next, hasn't done shit for his broda
That his younger brother contributed to his travelling abroad then
What do we call this
Jazz , wickedness or shit happen

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Coolgent(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
faithfull18:

Have you thought about the fact that some of those who have less than 500k in their accounts may have landed properties and investments worth millions

You are right
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by okeoghene4real(f): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
this is so apt... I have faced this, traveling from country to country peacefully and enjoying my life till someone told my family that I travel frequently and BOOMMMM all hell of demands broke loose...

I wasn't married so the married ones began to place demands on me, tell their kids to call me so I can be manipulated to give... family responsibilites that I had no business with.

I had to first relocate from the address they all knew... to somewhere they would never be able to find me, then I traveled out... changed my numbers, then I came back to Lagos and put on the FAMILY SIM just to greet them via SMS and remove it quickly before they call.

Since then I have had peace, my own family has had peace, no more demands from extended relations

EVERYONE WILL SURVIVE

Definitely trying this cos am fed up
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Irupetepete: 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
P1PrinceKT:

What is DND pls?
do not disturb

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Irupetepete: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
grin
PotatoSalad:
I remember when I was in the hospital for months. Na so I came back that week and this relative called saying that he wanted to discuss something urgent with me. This man came, even after seeing me in my condition, the goat went ahead to bill me for something. The Audacity ehn.
I was admitted for months, you never called nor visited, and we were in the same city o.
He saw me and was like, "ahh sorry o, I heard what happened o. Anyway, as I was saying...." grin
He left disappointed.
if na me, I go plug drip for him anus or ears

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by altteemy: 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
EmahBoss:

Tell me this is not true. If it is, then he is foolish, you mean for the whole year earning 2m he was not saving and putting for cash away for December spending? Tell another story

If he could blow 4M in just a month, it tell he might not have been saving atall
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
EmahBoss:

Tell me this is not true. If it is, then he is foolish, you mean for the whole year earning 2m he was not saving and putting for cash away for December spending? Tell another story

There's a colleagues friend that earns 5M per month, she still borrows before the months end.

The fact that someone earns well doesn't mean they understand investment, it simply means they are fantastic with the value they bring to the company via skill or management. They necessarily don't understand how to grow money but sure knows how to earn it. Both are not the same.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by grandstar(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
LagBlogger:

Everything to you seems not to be true. Go and check out NBA stars who became broke on YouTube.

I am not saying YOU are lying. The onus on the basketballer.

When he knew his wealth was fast disappearing, he should have stepped up to protect the rest.

If you were worth $10m and it got reduced to $1m, will you not become strict to protect the rest?
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by jesmond3945: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
franchasng:
Young man you are poor and still bragging in your poverty.

My prayer everyday even when I was broke and struggling was for God to bless me so immensely that I will be a blessing to others starting from my siblings, parents, cousins, nieces, nephews, neighbors, employees, kinsmen, my Church, my Pastors and everybody that I come across.

Of what use is my being rich without being a destiny helper to many?

Please pray against the spirit of poverty and rich today poor tomorrow because your attitude may attract such
So government will make people poor and is my role to bail them out abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by wunmi590(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
seanwilliam:
as in .. and it’s virtually impossible to avoid the Billings .

Baba you are on point
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by wunmi590(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
Evablizin:
Exactly, even if you are selling groundnut �.

You are on point

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by jesmond3945: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
Wickedfact:

See this one for instance. Different field entirely, Low level staff o.

Blockchain developers working remotely from Naija earn as high as $20k per month.
This is 2k dollars not 20k. Nobody will pay you 20k in naija
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Wickedfact: 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2023
jesmond3945:

This is 2k dollars not 20k. Nobody will pay you 20k in naija

That picture was for those who said it's impossible to collect 2M per month. The guy I was talking about works for a Nigerian Fintech.

Senior Blockchain Devs working remotely in Naija collect $20k per month.

Widen your exposure bro.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by seanwilliam(m): 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2023
Wickedfact:

That picture was for those who said it's impossible to collect 2M per month. The guy I was talking about works for a Nigerian Fintech.

Widen your exposure bro.
100% bro , I can’t deny that
One just need to think wide, learn and explore.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by livinbygrace: 1:25am On Jan 09, 2023
Hendrixky:
Not easy

But the quickest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure you make your relatives especially your siblings a millionaire first

Only people with deep sense and critical thinkers will understand my statement above

And you think,its everybody that wants to be millionaire?I used to have this thought before,but the more i tried the more challenges i encountered.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by JeffreyJunior: 2:35am On Jan 09, 2023
My cousin say na me mek his wife miss bank job opportunity.

I asked him how? He said, remember that time in October that I asked you for a favor of 1million and you said you didn't have a way to send it to me because you traveled out of your base? I said yes.

He then said, because you didn't give me the money and I couldn't borrow from anywhere, the person that promised my wife the bank job said she was not serious and didn't give her the job.

My people, I didn't know if I should be mad at him or just laugh at his stupidity but one thing was clear to me that day, most Nigerians have entitlement mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by IjeBos(m): 3:40am On Jan 09, 2023
SirLinks:
Got a relation abroad, he's younger brother works within my family business, dudes Facebook page is filled with vacation pix to various countries.
Thou he owes me nothin, the last time he came around he gave me 1polo and he's younger brother 2 polos from he's shirt he bought for him self mind u dude is 2times my size.
Whenever he visit and is headed back, every naira note he changed would go back with him abroad to be used for wen ever he decided to visit next, hasn't done shit for his broda
That his younger brother contributed to his travelling abroad then
What do we call this
Jazz , wickedness or shit happen

But why are you expecting anything?
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:27am On Jan 09, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
this is so apt... I have faced this, traveling from country to country peacefully and enjoying my life till someone told my family that I travel frequently and BOOMMMM all hell of demands broke loose...

I wasn't married so the married ones began to place demands on me, tell their kids to call me so I can be manipulated to give... family responsibilites that I had no business with.

I had to first relocate from the address they all knew... to somewhere they would never be able to find me, then I traveled out... changed my numbers, then I came back to Lagos and put on the FAMILY SIM just to greet them via SMS and remove it quickly before they call.

Since then I have had peace, my own family has had peace, no more demands from extended relations

EVERYONE WILL SURVIVE
Hahahhahahaha please my stomach o grin
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by greypencils: 6:29am On Jan 09, 2023
My motto, don't disturb me, I won't disturb you. I have only a few good friends right now in my struggling days. When I become wealthy, I will keep that same energy. When you have money,you have a lot of 'friends' and relatives with attendant billing. If that money goes, they all disappear so why entertain them in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Gbengarzola555(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2023
Nothing but the truth!
Buddha3:

Ensure you make your relatives millionaires first?

LMAO!
No offence, how old are you please? Because from where I sit, you don't particularly sound like someone who has seen a decent measure of the Nigerian reality.

There are relatives who are bluntly uninterested in turning a hundred thousand into a million naira. They don't have the patience to turn over investments for small but steady profits. They are basically comfortable with the fact that you have a moderate inflow of income and can accommodate their needs and demands whenever they walk up to you. So whatever efforts you put into setting them up amounts to no good. I have two cousins I have particularly made a handful of efforts to help achieve financial stability. Today they want a hundred grand to put in a business idea they have, it's down the drain tomorrow. Next they want a keke for hire purchase purposes, funds are committed into buying it, 2 months later, keke is sold and they're back to calling your line.

Look, we were all created with opportunities, however unequal they may be. The fact you're in a place to lend a helping hand doesn't mean you should die in the process. Sometimes it's okay to shut in, close fences and tend to your own life. Everybody go dey alright finally.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by jesmond3945: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2023
Wickedfact:

Widen your exposure bro.
i am telling you is not true. Who will pay you 240 per year in nigeria working remotely? None.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Wickedfact: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2023
jesmond3945:
i am telling you is not true. Who will pay you 240 per year in nigeria working remotely? None.

I have a friend who is a Dev and undertook a Blockchain project sometime ago. He charged $80k total in 2 months the project was done. Both client and Dev are Nigerians, in fact I know both of them personally.

So, sit down there and be arguing.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by EmahBoss(f): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

There's a colleagues friend that earns 5M per month, she still borrows before the months end.

The fact that someone earns well doesn't mean they understand investment, it simply means they are fantastic with the value they bring to the company via skill or management. They necessarily don't understand how to grow money but sure knows how to earn it. Both are not the same.

This is insane! If I earned up to that, geez I would build a crane!
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Betgold84: 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Fatkhid

Irupetepete:
Omo, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown...
I am not the rich relative, infact, I just go by everyday doing the best I can..
I am this person that doesn't know how to beg cos right from onset after sec school, been fending for myself till I got married...
Everyone knows the terrible situation in Nigeria right now so I can't but pity the rich among many poor relatives right now...

I have a junior brother who just came in from outside... He was looking fresh and fly but looking at him yesterday, I almost shed tears...
He has been the one shouldering many responsibilities and he is just 33yrs old...
He said Egbon, you self no need anything? I told him he shouldn't worry that I will manage...
I was eavesdropping one of his call last December and he was lamenting he has spent close to 13m in just 3months of coming home...
The problem we have as Nigerians is, everybody tends to have a problem or the other when their rich or abroad relatives land...
Spending for his immediate family isn't the problem but iru wa, giri wa,(diff. Sort of people) and as per naija mentality, if you don't do, they may inflict you with something or somehow diabolically stop you from traveling back.. The last time he was home was 8yrs ago, he sure me say if he travel again, na till retirement before he go come back....

So share your experience as per the aforementioned topic..

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by cayorday89(m): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
dammie4j:

I dey tell you. As part of my defense mechanism, I dey avoid view some people status or even post mine at some times cos the e-beggers (WhatsApp branch) go know say you dey online and begin bug you cheesy
I have been on this mode for some time now, and those who get through, they will have a counter story awaiting them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 12:59am On Jan 10, 2023
Hendrixky:
Not easy

But the quickest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure you make your relatives especially your siblings a millionaire first

Only people with deep sense and critical thinkers will understand my statement above

And that is the fastest way to become broke too.
It is a double edged sword.
Most brothers and siblings will even become more lazy when they know they have a financially stabled bro.
They will literally want you to spoon feed them.

Let everyone go and hustle for their own money abeg

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 1:08am On Jan 10, 2023
Sweetplum:
Poverty too much for the land naa. That's why some abroad people cut ties from those in Nigeria cos of too much demand

I won’t say Poverty rather more of Laziness, Planning and Execution.
Unless you are old and sick, you have no right to be begging regularly in Nigeria.
I have a distant brother that normally disturb me for money regularly but what I noticed is more of ego and laziness than unemployment.
He was working somewhere in island but always call for help. Last December, they were retrenched and since then, he has been staying indoor at iyana ipaja and being fed by his hardworking girlfriend he is cohabiting with.
She is the one paying house rent, feeding him while he is indoor screaming no jobs. He has applied to many companies but no jobs yet a gf going out everyday to hustle and feed you.
For how long will I keep sending 5/10ks?
A young man of 30 years Biko.
Advised him to pick up a bike or keke napep hired purchase they are doing in my area. Atleast, he will be bringing home something at the end of the day but it looks like a stupid advice to him but it is okay to be begging.
Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 10, 2023
emmaodet:

I won’t say Poverty rather more of Laziness, Planning and Execution.
Unless you are old and sick, you have no right to be begging regularly in Nigeria.
I have a distant brother that normally disturb me for money regularly but what I noticed is more of ego and laziness than unemployment.
He was working somewhere in island but always call for help. Last December, they were retrenched and since then, he has been staying indoor at iyana ipaja and being fed by his hardworking girlfriend he is cohabiting with.
She is the one paying house rent, feeding him while he is indoor screaming no jobs. He has applied to many companies but no jobs yet a gf going out everyday to hustle and feed you.
For how long will I keep sending 5/10ks?
A young man of 30 years Biko.
Advised him to pick up a bike or keke napep hired purchase they are doing in my area. Atleast, he will be bringing home something at the end of the day but it looks like a stupid advice to him but it is okay to be begging.
I agree some are lazy. But the country actually put everyone's odd to success at 50% chance from birth. Especially if you are from a humble background

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. by emmaodet: 2:12am On Jan 10, 2023
Sweetplum:

I agree some are lazy. But the country actually put everyone's odd to success at 50% chance from birth. Especially if you are from a humble background

Well, that is also true.
I agree with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? / Think Before You Send Your Kids Abroad / Marriage Without Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.