Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? (3794 Views)

FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily / GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - / Ringim Deadline Expires. Will Gej Afford To Sack Igp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2011
What sort of useless government supports rebels that continues to terrorize and kill Africans (because they're dark), esp Nigerians?

And to add salt to injury, one minister comes out saying "No Nigerians were killed". Why don't we send the minister to Libya, into the presence of the rebels?

Honest to truth, I'm still to understand what Nigeria understands about the "plight" going on in Libya or . . . .? Why does Nigeria support these rebels?

Nigeria agbaya administration needs to face her people and country. . . .foolish GEJ administration that should be protecting its people.

Sick, useless, meaningless, brainless manikins posted as "leaders". . . . Giant of Stu pidity.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Rhino5dm: 8:18am On Sep 04, 2011
Whenever he manage to retrieve his BALLS from patience. Kai! Which kain pasin be we presido sef? Ehn. If no be Turai ego be patience.

@ But i think supporting the rebels is the right thing to do.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by denitro(m): 9:39am On Sep 04, 2011
Some Nigerians are so silly and stubborn,
All other Nationals and a lot of Nigerians left the country while the conflict started.
What did the Nigerians expect? Libya is a war zone.
If you choose to remain in Libya, u are at the mercy of everything around you.
  Look around you before you judge the Libyan rebels, Nigerians in Nigeria are doing worst.
When the militants were kidnapping Foreigners, did that stop those foreign countries
from supporting us.
  GEJ support for the rebel was a smart move and for the 1st thing I am proud of our president's decision.
GADDAFI is no longer in charge of Libya and has no right to rule when majority of his people don't want him.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Rgp92: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2011
denitro:

All other Nationals and a lot of Nigerians left the country while the conflict started.
  Look around you before you judge the Libyan rebels, Nigerians in Nigeria are doing worst.
When the militants were kidnapping Foreigners, did that stop those foreign countries
from supporting us.
  GEJ support for the rebel was a smart move and for the 1st thing I am proud of our president's decision.
GADDAFI is no longer in charge of Libya and has no right to rule when majority of his people don't want him.

Mate, you better becareful of what you say, karma is a bitch. Tomorrow this may happen in the country where you're living now.

@op, nobody give a damn about black people cry
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
Rgp92:

Mate, you better becareful of what you say, karma is a NaughtyWoman. Tomorrow this may happen in the country where you're living now.

@op, nobody give a damn about black people cry

This is indeed the bad period to be black. Only God can save us because we obviously can't save ourselves.

Rhino.5dm:

Whenever he manage to retrieve his BALLS from patience. Kai! Which kain pasin be we presido sef? Ehn. If no be Turai ego be patience.

@ But i think supporting the rebels is the right thing to do.

Give me a good reason why its the right thing to do.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Rhino5dm: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2011
Even in that light, i think Gaddafi lost his legitimacy immediately he ordered those peaceful protesters should be shot at. What happen to stepping down? Sit tight ehn?

@ Killing Nigerians
what da hell are Nigerian still doing in a country that is almost six months in to war? Are they Red cross?. . .going by our criminal tendencies, i wont be surprise if Nigerian mercenaries are chunk part of Gaddafi's forces.

Ileke-IdI:

Give me a good reason why its the right thing to do.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by okadaman2: 1:34am On Sep 05, 2011
I don't give a damn about the Rebels, and Gaddafi can go straight to Hell for all I care, but the Nigerian government should be protecting the interest and welfare of Nigerians anywhere they are on earth. That is what serious Countries do.

A Patriotic government will easily inspire it's people to patriotism.

Jonathan tried earlier on, but it seems some of his ministers are failing him. Gbenga Ashiru goofed on this one.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by BabaEleko(m): 2:07am On Sep 05, 2011
denitro:

from supporting us.
GADDAFI is no longer in charge of Libya and has no right to rule [size=16pt]when majority of his people don't want him.[/size]

@Bolded. . . . . Tell me u are kidding me plssss. What planet have u been? Who told u his pple dont want him?? By his pple do u mean, the west C'mon fam, don't bliv everything u see on dem BBC an CNN. You mean his people dont want the once peaceful country they had instead they want all these chaos and conflicts All my life western medias made me blived Gaddafi was evil and wicked and his pple hate him but then thats america for u. They have a way of using everything they own to control your mind and thought in order to fit into their premeditated future plan. I won't say more but i'll urge u to do a lil research about Libya under Gaddafi's reign and plsss try to balance your result. He wasn't the best leader but he was the best africa ever had. Salute! cool
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by naijaking1: 2:27am On Sep 05, 2011
@poster
You're so wrong and uninformed.
GEJ's recognition of the TNC is probably one of the smartest foreign policy moves we have made in 20 years. Gaddafi was rejected by his own people after 40 years of dictatorship. People like you, the corrupt south African ANC government, and a few other countries are the only hold out. But for you to actually open an illitrate thread about what's going on in Libya is simply pathetic embarassed
France, UK, Italy, US, Russia, and yes Nigeria have all recognized the rebels or the TNC. Keep decieving yourself because you hate GEJ so much angry
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by BabaEleko(m): 3:00am On Sep 05, 2011
naijaking1:

@poster
You're so wrong and uninformed.
GEJ's recognition of the TNC is probably one of the smartest foreign policy moves we have made in 20 years. Gaddafi was rejected by his own people after 40 years of dictatorship. People like you, the corrupt south African ANC government, and a few other countries are the only hold out. But for you to actually open an illitrate thread about what's going on in Libya is simply pathetic embarassed
France, UK, Italy, US, Russia, and yes Nigeria have all recognized the rebels or the TNC. Keep decieving yourself because you hate GEJ so much angry

And how has GEJ's smart move changed the price of kerosene or tomato in the market

France, UK, Italy, US, Russia. . . . .Are u kidding me?? Are these not the countries that are benefitting from the conflits They froze Gaddafi n Libya's foreign asset. Took a chunk percent of their oil and more atrocities still being uncovered day by day. Look what CNN and BBC have turn my pple into. . . . #ManVSzombie
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 05, 2011
^^ Help me ask him. He's yet to tell us what was smart about the move and how it has done anything in Nigeria or Libya.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by SmoothCrim: 4:18am On Sep 05, 2011
Nigeria is protesting to Libya’s Transitional National Council (TNC), Britain and France the killing of its nationals in the troubled North African country.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Amb. Olugbenga Ashiru abandoned a church service yesterday to take distress calls of Nigerians in Libya, including their co-ordinator, Mr. Daramola Siji.

Nigerians are being attacked in Tripoli, Benghazi, Gath, Agadez and Sirte, the hometown of the embattled Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, whose 42-year grip on power has been removed by a six-month insurgency.

A source said: “Unharmed Nigerians are being killed in tens for no just cause. In some instances, they rape Nigerian women before shooting them to death.

“Yet, this is the same TNC that the Federal Government is backing in Libya. The blacks are not involved in Libyan crisis; they do not deserve this massacre.”

In one of the distress notes sent to the Presidency and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Siji, who is from Emure-Ekiti, said: “We cannot go out of our homes, my wife and children. We will certainly be shot. We don’t have food and we lack everything.

“We can save lives. I am calling on AU to act and save African families boxed in troubled Libya and if anyone could reach out to the Nigerian government to stop the killing of Nigerians by the former rebels who are now the new leaders in Libya, it will be better.”

In a telephone chat with our correspondent, Siji gave details of how Nigerians have become the targets of the rebels.

He added: “The truth is that when Gaddafi was in office, he had sympathy for black Africans and many have even settled in Libya.

“In fact, there is a city in Southern Libya called Suyima that is mostly populated by Nigerians, especially the Hausa. The city shares borders with Algeria and Niger.

“But due to Gaddafi’s sympathy for the blacks, the rebels assumed that the blacks will naturally do everything to protect Gaddafi. So, they decided to kill any black man on sight.

“Nigerians have been the butt of the attacks on the blacks because the rebels could hardly differentiate them from Ghanaians, Malians, Nigerians, Burkinabes, Senegalese and Gambians.

“They are really killing many Nigerians and this is just unfortunate.”

The Nation learnt that Amb. Ashiru was moved into action after getting the distress call yesterday. He shelved a church service to attend to the calls.

A government source said: “Apart from talking to Siji directly, the Minister also reached out to the TNC, Britain and France on the need to stop the killing of black migrant workers, especially Nigerians.

“For about five hours yesterday, the Minister was talking to the TNC leaders, Britain and France on why the genocide must stop.

“The Federal Government has pleaded with Britain and France to prevail on the TNC leaders to ask their foot soldiers to end the massacre of blacks in Libya.

“I think immediate action has been taken and there will be respite for not only Nigerians, but all the blacks in Libya.

“The government has also asked the TNC to liaise with Siji, who will now serve as a coordinator or Liaison Officer on how to protect the blacks, especially Nigerians.

“Also, the Nigerian Ambassador to Ethiopia has been asked to relate with the Nigerian community in the Libyan cities. The Ambassador will also work directly with the TNC.

“The Ambassador is also expected to send hourly situation reports to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where a desk has been opened to monitor TNC’s attitude to blacks, especially Nigerians, in Libya.”

This is the second time in the last four days that the Federal Government has protested to its TNC ally in Libya over the massacre of black migrant workers.

The Minister said Thursday: “The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wishes to note with concern reports of incessant abuse of helpless civilians in Libya by some unscrupulous elements who continue to take undue advantage of the ongoing crisis in that country, particularly to carry out attacks on Black migrant workers and other Black Africans stranded in Libya arising from crisis in that country.

“Regrettably, these reports revealed outright killings, rape and extortion of money from these helpless Africans who have taken refuge in camps as well as those in detention and incarceration.

“This development is a deviation from the overall expressed desire of the TNC, the African Union and indeed the United Nations for the restoration of democracy and good governance in Libya.

“These extra-judicial killings certainly run contrary to Nigeria’s call for the leadership of the TNC to be magnanimous in victory and can only stand in the way of peace building, early reconciliation and reconstruction in Libya.

“While confirming that the concern of the Nigerian government on this reported development has accordingly been brought to the urgent attention of the representative of the TNC, the government seizes this opportunity to call on the leadership of the TNC to immediately take steps to check the excesses of these unscrupulous elements in Libya in order to pave the way for the restoration of genuine democracy and true reconciliation for all Libyans.

“Nigeria reiterates its support not only for the yearnings for political freedom by the Libyan people, but also in the ability of the leadership of the TNC to restore order in the Libyan society at the shortest possible time.

“Government believes that the immediate task for the enthronement of democracy, rule of law, political and socio-economic reconstruction and development in Libya should be carried out without hindrance.”

Images of black Africans camping near the port in Tripoli, the Libyan capital, were shown on Sky News yesterday.

The refugees spoke of attacks by the rebels, who raped women. Many immigrants have been killed, they said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/18432-nigeria-protests-killing-of-its-nationals-in-libya.html
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by BetaThings: 4:19am On Sep 05, 2011
Smart move by GEJ or smart maltreatment of Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ir4YlVFCk

It was difficult to leave Libya even when the war was just starting
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by SmoothCrim: 4:22am On Sep 05, 2011
Are we finally getting the balls to stand up for our poor people in a bad situation after Goodluck sold them out!!!

By recognizing the rebels who are killing Nigerian and Desecrating Nigerian women for fun he took away a big card,  Namely the card of negotiation, 

Now, if a Nigerian is captured by Gaddafi fans they have every reason to kill him/her! This is because, Nigeria took the side of the opposition. Sadly for the Nigeria the opposition is racist so, if a Nigerian is caught by the rebels he/she will be killed so, either way Nigerians are the losers!!! This is what happens when puppets run your foreign policy! Notice how America got all its citizens out before it started bombing, Nigeria on the other hand does not care about it's people. A nation of 160 million doing no significant evacuation!!! Shame!!!!Now, acting angry because our citizens are treated like dogs!
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by SmoothCrim: 4:31am On Sep 05, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR0sR1vqpY

Barack Pig Obama and Goodluck Pig Jonathan both hate Blacks!!
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Builder: 4:34am On Sep 05, 2011
Of the 54 African countries, 18 or one-third of them have extended recognition to the Libyan rebels. It is important to name and shame: Gambia, Senegal, Cape Verde, Botswana, Gabon, Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, Sudan, Chad, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Rwanda, Benin, Niger, and Togo.

Seriously, it pains me that Africa cant speak in one voice in denying the the NTC, no wonder other countries sees African leaders as a bunch of undeveloped idioots

GEJ recognising the Militants in Libya as the legitimate government in Libya just shows how feeble minded Jonathan Goodluck is, what he aims to achieve from this is far beyond me, afterall this is the same foolish man that bared his mind to Ms. Sanders( American Ambassador to Nigeria) on his lack of coherence in national leadership.

Those who are in support of GeJ recognising the militants in Libya, i will honestly want them to tell me exactly what he hopes to gain from this stupid move and how it will benefits Nigeria, even Ghana, our neighbours fail to recognise them not to talk of the so called "giant of Africa"

maybe im the one with problems here, how can the president of nigeria recognise Abdel-Hakim Belhaj the militant-to-be defence chief, and  also the former leader of an Islamic militant group who  was tortured by CIA agents at a secret prison.

In Nigeria today, we need a leader of strong conviction, someone who is comfortable in his own skin and who is ready to say NO when need be and not some idioot who listen to the American Ambassador, nigeria need a leadership not just in Nigeria but in Africa and the world as a whole, but so far Jonathan Ebele goodluck has been but a disappointment, even Ghana failed to recongnise NTC, the terrorist group mudering Black and raping our women with pride and smiles.

When are we as a black people gonna learn, must we always be licking the white mans ars.e, when are we gonna start proving our worth as the "giant of africa" , giant of africa my ars.e

1 Like

Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by SmoothCrim: 4:49am On Sep 05, 2011
Not even a Nigger but an African!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjprq67kYI

Indeed! Goodluck proves this to us everyday!!! grin
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by blacklion(m): 5:14am On Sep 05, 2011
Na wa! Even Ghana refused to recognize the NTC??

Jonathan is the biggest mumu of our time.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by BabaEleko(m): 5:53am On Sep 05, 2011
Each time GEJ opens his mouth and talk, from the bottom of my heart i regret my "Nigerianship" being attached to such talk talk talk NO ACTION. I'd kill to av bingo as my pres instead of this.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by SmoothCrim: 6:16am On Sep 05, 2011
blacklion:

Na wa! Even Ghana refused to recognize the NTC??

Jonathan is the biggest mumu of our time.

Indeed!!
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by JUSTME2SY: 6:18am On Sep 05, 2011
@denitro

from supporting us.

They are not stubborn but greedy, desperate with material things as against their lives.
They saw how their brothers & sisters looted in the recent London riot, so out to do theirs over there.
Greedy fools that was London, in Libya, their [b]cut-off skulls [/b]will be used as stoning pebbles.  
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by tEsLim(m): 6:25am On Sep 05, 2011
When NATO officially approves Boko-Haram/Massob/OPC recognize them in the UN and make them the official ruling entities of Nigeria
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by BetaThings: 6:53am On Sep 05, 2011
U.S. Struggles To Evacuate Libya; Others Don't

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/02/24/134034173/u-s-evacuation-attempt-hits-snags-in-libya

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2011/02/20112234434813424.html

"Many are currently in Tripoli airport without immediate flights out of the country," he said, following flight cancellations and closures of airspace.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by neyostica: 6:57am On Sep 05, 2011
So if Jonathan doesnt support d NTC, tell us aw it wil help nigeria,
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by honeric01(m): 7:02am On Sep 05, 2011
I officially declare MEND, OPC, MASSOB and BOKO HARAM the new government of Nigeria.

The rest of you know who you support.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Johndoe100(m): 7:09am On Sep 05, 2011
honeric01:

I officially declare MEND, OPC, MASSOB and BOKO HARAM the new government of Nigeria.

Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by tEsLim(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2011
Well how can other countries and UN identify with our own terrorist too like they did with the TNC or whatever they're called in Libya? You know its the USA that knows the definition of terrorism. If they come tommorow and say Boko Harams are Transition fighters so be it. BUt boko haram started on wrong page by attacking UN building. So I think OPC and MEND should learn from that and start trying to make contacts. YOUTHS REVOLT!
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by denitro(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2011
honeric01:

When will half brained individuals speak with some sense.
MEND, OPC, BOKO HARAM are terrorist, they specialize in raining terror on innocent people,
their focus and reason for fighting is meaningless and senseless.
  Why hasn't the west accepted Al-Qaeda in Iraq, Yemen etc?
Why did everyone accept the revolution in Tunisia, Egypt etc and have singled out
Libya as the one they will not accept.
NIGERIANS HAVE NO RIGHT BEING IN LIBYA AT THE MOMENT AND FOR THOSE
NIGERIANS TO SAY THAT THEY REJECTED THE FG RESCUE PLAN - THEY MUST HAVE BEEN
SMOKING SOMETHING.

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, DURING GADDAFI'S ERA - NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS WERE
EXECUTED DAILY BY GADDAFI FOR VARIOUS OFFENSES.
SO PLS DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Ohibenemma(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2011
I think some commentators are outrightly stupid and desperately bent on being anti-evrything Jonathan. If anyone had seen the nation newspaper link, then such person will know that the govt is making concerted efforts at saving the lives of blacks. That said, the conflicts have taken no less than 4 months, and at the very onset, the Nigerian govt tried to evacuate its citizens from Libya. Same foolish people, on the claim of having it better off over there than their fatherland chose 2 remain in libya. What magic did you expect Jonathan to perform? Force them out of Libya? About the NTC, they represent democracy, and that is what Jonathan is clearly supporting, not they themselves. The same myopic people who expect the country to act independently now want it to imitate Ghana and South Africa, who gives a damn what they think? Were Jonathan to have refused to support them, would that have bettered the lot of Nigerians there? How are the Ghainaians faring now? Won't the same people have started complaining that his stance was creating problems for Nigerians. Some people should relax and view other's comments, rather than rushing on their keyboards to insult Jonathan, even when he is RIGHT.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by denitro(m): 8:05am On Sep 05, 2011
Ohibenemma:

I think some commentators are outrightly silly and desperately bent on being anti-evrything Jonathan. If anyone had seen the nation newspaper link, then such person will know that the govt is making concerted efforts at saving the lives of blacks. That said, the conflicts have taken no less than 4 months, and at the very onset, the Nigerian govt tried to evacuate its citizens from Libya. Same foolish people, on the claim of having it better off over there than their fatherland chose 2 remain in libya. What magic did you expect Jonathan to perform? Force them out of Libya? About the NTC, they represent democracy, and that is what Jonathan is clearly supporting, not they themselves. The same myopic people who expect the country to act independently now want it to imitate Ghana and South Africa, who gives a damn what they think? Were Jonathan to have refused to support them, would that have bettered the lot of Nigerians there? How are the Ghainaians faring now? Won't the same people have started complaining that his stance was creating problems for Nigerians. Some people should relax and view other's comments, rather than rushing on their keyboards to insult Jonathan, even when he is RIGHT.

Thank you for this comment,
It beats me to hear the comments of some Nigerians in relation to GEJ and Libya.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by honeric01(m): 8:05am On Sep 05, 2011
denitro:

When will half brained individuals speak with some sense.
MEND, OPC, BOKO HARAM are terrorist, they specialize in raining terror on innocent people,
their focus and reason for fighting is meaningless and senseless.
  Why hasn't the west accepted Al-Qaeda in Iraq, Yemen etc?
Why did everyone accept the revolution in Tunisia, Egypt etc and have singled out
Libya as the one they will not accept.
NIGERIANS HAVE NO RIGHT BEING IN LIBYA AT THE MOMENT AND FOR THOSE
NIGERIANS TO SAY THAT THEY REJECTED THE FG RESCUE PLAN - THEY MUST HAVE BEEN
SMOKING SOMETHING.

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, DURING GADDAFI'S ERA - NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS WERE
EXECUTED DAILY BY GADDAFI FOR VARIOUS OFFENSES.
SO PLS DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL

When you went to school if you ever did, did you in any way learn how to respect other people's decision? how does my decision to support whoever remove a single hair from your head?

Now tell me, what's the difference between the criminal rebels killing blacks indiscriminately and OPC, MEND, BOKO HARAM and MASSOB?

Infact the latter are even better than the former because they do theirs not with the support of world powers, thereby having limit to what they can do.

Look man, i am not some brainwashed airhead you can throw words at, SHOW me where Gaddaffi killed INNOCENT Nigerians and Africans, links and videos, then i'd begin to take you serious.

But for now, you're nothing but another brainwashed kid with access to the PC.

My cent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Babangida : The Evil Genius / Fool / Genocidal Kleptomaniac / Lagos New Year Countdown Party And Firework Display. Pics. / Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.