Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

What Will You Do In My Shoes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will You Do In My Shoes (1604 Views)

What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes?? / Dudes What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? / If You Are In My Shoes... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hello guys I want to set up a business for my wife. I want her to start a business for the family in case of raining days. All the funds I earned last year, my building project gulp all of them.

I already bought a car and build a mansion but my account balance is weak, I'm working with a Contract Firm that could end at anytime.

I'm thinking of investing 3m naira for starter into any business of her choice. I'm confused if I should give her all the 3m once for the business or to give her 2m first and keep increasing capital as the business progress.

My family really needs a business right now, something that we can fall back on incase the contract got terminated sooner than expected.

I want her to start something now while I continue saving more money, because I have the vision of starting a muti million naira business.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by God1000(m): 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
Opening a lucrative business for her is good but don't give her all the money for start.

Consider Teething problems and other eventualities.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Trilz(m): 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2023
I for try input one or two..
But I just sad today. undecided
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by yrhuhfy113: 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:
Hello guys I want to set up a business for my wife. I want her to start a business for the family in case of raining days. All the funds I earned last year, my building project gulp all of them.

I already bought a car and build a mansion but my account balance is weak, I'm working with a Contract Firm that could end at anytime.

I'm thinking of investing 3m naira for starter into any business of her choice. I'm confused if I should give her all the 3m once for the business or to give her 2m first and keep increasing capital as the business progress.

My family really needs a business right now, something that we can fall back on incase the contract got terminated sooner than expected.

I want her to start something now while I continue saving more money, because I have the vision of starting a muti million naira business.

ITS NOT AS EASY AS THAT O... Does she know how to do business? Have you accessed her plan? or done your SWOT Analysis on it to know it will work?

Else it will be from one excuse to another. Like the guy above said, start her with some money and as she is making more progress then add the rest. grin
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

ITS NOT AS EASY AS THAT O... Does she know how to do business? Have you accessed her plan? or done your SWOT Analysis on it to know it will work?

Else it will be from one excuse to another. Like the guy above said, start her will some money and as she is making more progress then add the rest.
I was thinking she start this foodstuff business, spag, oil red snd groundnut, etc. But she went to pray over it today, we are waiting to hear from a man of God about what God want her to start
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Ngenge(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
Does she have a previous experience in managing a business? If no, don't put the whole 3m into it. Remember you want to set up that business to augment the family's income. Remember the business can crumble too if she is not experienced or not shrewd/prudent

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Assurance001(f): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Discuss with her first on her Choice of business, check the environment and invest in bits. Monitor her with 1.5m first and see her commitment.
God bless you and all the good men out there.

5 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by yrhuhfy113: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:
I was thinking she start this foodstuff business, spag, oil red snd groundnut, etc. But she went to pray over it today, we are waiting to hear from a man of God about what God want her to start

HAAAA pls not a man of God, why is she going to a man of God.... BUSINESS is not spiritual... it is a earthly transaction... how come your wife listen's more to Man of God more than you... anyway sir, its best she meets others who are doing all these businesses so they show her the ropes and then she can start.

If you run to the man of God for everything, how are you managing your own sir

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by advanceDNA: 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:

Depending on the kind of woman...u may need to let her know its a family business...many men have complained how they opened business for their wife and that was the start of problem in the marriage because she claimed its her business and its her money alone

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

HAAAA pls not a man of God, why is she going to a man of God.... BUSINESS is not spiritual... it is a earthly transaction... how come your wife listen's more to Man of God more than you... anyway sir, its best she meets others who are doing all these businesses so they show her the ropes and then she can start.

If you run to the man of God for everything, how are you managing your own sir
actually it wasn't my idea, it was a relative who was into those sought of business that inform us to pray over it.

I'm not a religious someone like that, but I don't see it as a bad idea also.

My wife does not listen to a man of God more than she listened to me. I only support that fact because the Man God is older and experienced than I am in such circumstances. Hearing his point of view won't be a bad idea.

Like you said, any business she intend to start, I will compel her to make indepth research and meet people who are currently into it.
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Assurance001(f): 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:
Seeking the face of God is good but in this case let her physical consultation. Advise of of a close friend is my sustainace today
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ngenge:
Does she have a previous experience in managing a business? If no, don't put the whole 3m into it. Remember you want to set up that business to augment the family's income. Remember the business can crumble too if she is not experienced or not shrewd/prudent
she has no business experience. THANKS
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Prettygirl200(f): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:

If she has experience before in businessing, den u can give her 2m to start with. But if she doesn't pls give her a million first, let her start with that. If u see she's managing it well and it growing then u can be adding to it little by little. And mind u do not allow start a business whereby she will use her mouth to eat everything in her store. She should sell what's not eatable or better still sell raw foodstuffs.
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by BlackyOne(m): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
Make it a JV, make her sign a contract with you as the CEO and she as the MD,strick ledger must be kept.

Make sure you retain 60% ownership in writing (contract)...

Use your head and not your heart, business is business.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
Assurance001:
Discuss with her first on her Choice of business, check the environment and invest in bits. Monitor her with 1.5m first and see her commitment.
God bless you and all the good men out there.
Is 1.5m not too small. My budget is to invest 5m into the business. But I can only afford 3m now, the rest 2m will come in probably in three months time.

This is where I am confused, should I give her all the 3m I have now and with the fact I'm still bring in 2m for the business in next three month. Or should I split maybe 2m every three month. And will 2m be enough for her to start up something tangible
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Prettygirl200:
If she has experience before in businessing, den u can give her 2m to start with. But if she doesn't pls give her a million first, let her start with that. If u see she's managing it well and it growing then u can be adding to it little by little. And mind u do not allow start a business whereby she will use her mouth to eat everything in her store. She should sell what's not eatable or better still sell raw foodstuffs.
she has no business experience. But I'm thinking shop rent and some other expenses will finish up half that 1m. Anyways its nice she start small
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Prettygirl200(f): 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:
she has no business experience. But I'm thinking shop rent and some other expenses will finish up half that 1m. Anyways its nice she start small
okay since she has no business experienced, this is what you would do, do not start big with her if not she won't be able to manage it am telling u the truth. This is what you would call her and tell her u have just 1m to give to her to start up any business of her choice, she should know how to manage it that if she misuses the money she won't get a dime from u again. Rent a very cheap store for her, she should go get the foodstuffs herself or anything she wishes to sell. Den leave her to start managing it. Give her 6 months or so into the business and see how well she's doing, if she's doing well then she's a good manager if not my brother just forget it. That's the way to handle someone that has no experience in business and also women at large. If u start with her very big, my brother anything u see u take am oo.
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2023
Prettygirl200:
okay since she has no business experienced, this is what you would do, do not start big with her if not she won't be able to manage it am telling u the truth. This is what you would call her and tell her u have just 1m to give to her to start up any business of her choice, she should know how to manage it that if she misuses the money she won't get a dime from u again. Rent a very cheap store for her, she should go get the foodstuffs herself or anything she wishes to sell. Den leave her to start managing it. Give her 6 months or so into the business and see how well she's doing, if she's doing well then she's a good manager if not my brother just forget it. That's the way to handle someone that has no experience in business and also women at large. If u start with her very big, my brother anything u see u take am oo.
hmm. Educative. I told her this immediately I read it. Thanks
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Prettygirl200(f): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:
hmm. Educative. I told her this immediately I read it. Thanks
ur welcome.
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Assurance001(f): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:
Is 1.5m not too small. My budget is to invest 5m into the business. But I can only afford 3m now, the rest 2m will come in probably in three months time.

This is where I am confused, should I give her all the 3m I have now and with the fact I'm still bring in 2m for the business in next three month. Or should I split maybe 2m every three month. And will 2m be enough for her to start up something tangible
Don't discuss the extra 2m with her and don't give her the 3m at once. I don't know your location to talk about the rent range. She's a first timer without prior experience so start with 1.5m and see how it grows.
If you are close to developing area you def fit run cement business. Double income you know
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Lekan239(m): 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
Assurance001:

Don't discuss the extra 2m with her and don't give her the 3m at once. I don't know your location to talk about the rent range. She's a first timer without prior experience so start with 1.5m and see how it grows.
If you are close to developing area you def fit run cement business. Double income you know
okay. The location of our building is new site. Moving in this month, but cement and block business full there
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by tundebasic(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hi op, if you really want to do this as a business, I will advise you to get a business account to monitor the cash flow. Also, let your wife know she won't eat [from] the business money (your wife would have to become the manager and you will pay her salary). Again, do not use your business money to finance the home [at least for now], you will have to keep it that way because once you/she starts spending from the business money, that is how it will start dwindling till it vanishes.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:

Why you come look like someone I know. I v an Uncle that's into contract biz and it can end soon cos the thing is linked to a state govt.
I don dey reason his destiny that won't he set up his wife?

No to the advise.
Can you get someone to assist your wife in the biz? Like a other family member like your mom? If not, give your wife the money gradually. It's good to invest in bits. Carrying all money in may be disastrous if the biz no yield.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Houseofglam7(f): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by anthonyuncle(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
ask her the business she will like to venture into. try to know her reasons for her selection.
on your own, look around your environment and research on the businesses that are profitable.
relate your findings to your wife.
together, you guys should agree on the business.

then, do the funding yourself.
please don't give her any cash o.
do all the payments yourself.

when the business is set, you can give her a spare cash like 500k
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by frozen70(f): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lekan239:

You need to find out from her on what she wants to do

If it's business, what kind of business does she want

After her choice is made, she must go for training trade to understand the nitty gritty of the trade because every trade has its own secret

Then after the training, you can start with 1ml

Then watch the progress of the business and if it's progressing, tell her you want to add more capital so that the turn over will be high

Meanwhile, keep advicing her on how to be prudent and accountable

If you are getting what you want then you add more to it and expand the business for her
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
Open a shop for her as personal business and look for a business you can do on your own,rather than giving her 3m.before you know it her family members would not understand propose of the business they will think she has arrived
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Autobot05: 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2023
Not a bad idea but It could still end in tears ... think and rethink
God help us all
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Prettygirl200(f): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
God1000:
Opening a lucrative business for her is good but don't give her all the money for start.

Consider Teething problems and other eventualities.
This guy, I just like you for this forum, u no get anybody time, that's nice!!!! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Verifiedtrader(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2023
Made up shit.
Get your T-Mobile esim from me.

Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Nicepoker(m): 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
If her business skills is zero. She will use the profit and capital to buy wigs bags and shoes. Every month you will hear things like. " My stocks is dwindling I need 200k to get new stuffs.
Re: What Will You Do In My Shoes by Baronthecelebri: 12:53am On Jan 09, 2023
What was she doing before you marry her,all this weak men men wey dey marry lazy women. You start the business,employ some body. that was a guy start a business and ask his wife to control it, business don fall because ice cream pass she buy, moi moi pass she buy. I saw that in abia state, this woman, anything that pass she'll buy. Do your thing, or you'll suffer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You An Introvert? / Mtn Gave Me Free 50gb For One Day / Kraziest Thing Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.