Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience (13977 Views)

I Am Looking For Covid19 Containment Volunteer Job / Volunteer Job: Doctors Around The Earth / NGO Volunteer Job In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by nnamdi640: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Run for anything with voluntary. It simply mean you are ready to do the work without be force or paid to do it.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Enskynelson(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ewatommy06:

See we human being are enemies of ourselves........ Ask those that did covid 19 vaccination last year, for good 90 days (august to November) they were not paid even up till now,presently they don't know who will pay them either govt or W.H.O ...... And there bosses that employ them ain't doing anything, so you need a long patient........
Some persons have eaten the money. Terrible country.

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by jibrilELsudan: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2023
NA SO PEOPLE STILL DEY WAIT FOR THEOBARTH GRANT DISBURSEMENT

DISBURSEMENT IS A DONE DEAL

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
chinedusamson:
International organizations now freely scams Nigerians… my inlaw was also a victim. In fact risking his life in far away borno and nothing came out. It’s too bad these organizations work with our citizens to scam others citizens that need something to do.

Imagine! These NGOs are are not what they appear to be.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
So this thing really works?

I've applied for both UN and UNHCR volunteer jobs in Nigeria and across Africa, both online and on-site since 2020 yet I've never been called up for an assignment.

It's not even about the money for me but the exposure it'll give me in my career as a researcher. Well, I guess you fell into a bad situation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Even their selection process are not transparent. If you like go for further humanitarian courses and apply they will not pick you. Stop wasting your time applying for INGO jobs if you don't know anyone to help you.

Most vacancies are quickly occupied by internal applicants within the system. NGO advertised jobs na SCAM!
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
chinedusamson:
International organizations now freely scams Nigerians… my inlaw was also a victim. In fact risking his life in far away borno and nothing came out. It’s too bad these organizations work with our citizens to scam others citizens that need something to do.

I agree with u
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
ORAFA:
I tried and never got chosen. However, I still work in the development sector.

Because you know no one . Direct your energy to some where else. NGO jobs adverts na bobo. Dem take style corrupt

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2023
Smartini:
So this thing really works?

I've applied for both UN and UNHCR volunteer jobs in Nigeria and across Africa, both online and on-site since 2020 yet I've never been called up for an assignment.

It's not even about the money for me but the exposure it'll give me in my career as a researcher. Well, I guess you fell into a bad situation.

Bro, I also have your experience too. If u like write impressive cover letter and upload all your qualifications, courses, certificate.. all na cruise at the end. The jobs goes to the people connected. Those adverts are just for formality. The Nigeria factor go enter am.Only can GOD can help.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Paracetamol01: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
Next time when you see UNICEF volunteer job,run for your life....e get WHY

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Goodnews1170(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
Don't forget me when opportunities arise. I can be reached on 08060641170. I am a seasoned field officer and trainer/facilitator. Thank you sir.
TheChameleon:
They cheated you.... sadly.

Once, long ago I led a team of independent monitors and though it was an arduous task....was well paid. Even still cheated then.

Now I am in the position of drafting such budgets. I can easily put 50k per data collector per week = 200k for 4 weeks and then give them 30k after 4 weeks because they are jobless & desperate.

Most do it but I don't. I swear Karma exists. Don't cheat.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Monday60655(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
Here in Niger, the story is the same. Since last year we completed the work, we have not been paid. Some people's work is still pending.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by ORAFA(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Exceed15:

Because you know no one . Direct your energy to some where else. NGO jobs adverts na bobo. Dem take style corrupt
I'm not interested anymore sha. I work comfortably somewhere else.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by uptownemmygee(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
TheChameleon:

Once, long ago I led a team of independent monitors and though it was an arduous task....was well paid. Even still cheated then.

Now I am in the position of drafting such budgets. I can easily put 50k per data collector per week = 200k for 4 weeks and then give them 30k after 4 weeks because they are jobless & desperate.

I will really appreciate it if I'm drafted too
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Generalwoodz(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
TheChameleon:

Bro. I want to be in line of people asking or going to ask for help. Howfa I need the job Biko
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
May not be a genuine unicef job, maybe someone used the name unicef to con you guys. They dont owe when you do something for them, unless its clearly stated that its a volunteer job hence no pay attached.

The experience will look good on your cv though, at least you actually did something. Maybe smashed a few bush meat in the village. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2023
nnamdi640:
Run for anything with voluntary. It simply mean you are ready to do the work without be force or paid to do it.

Its not entirely bad, the work experience is more valuable than the money, it can form a basis of being fully employed by Unicef in the near future, no knowledge is lost.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Oyerinde16(m): 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
They said volunteer and you are still asking for payment
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Aguilar(m): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Find better job than volunteer job na.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by MILLERMannn: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
PROPEACE:
Someone has stolen the money. Whenever I say the average Nigerian is very wicked, people always come out to attack me. But I will always insist, the reason we always vote wicked leaders that are insensitive to our cries is because people will always vote their kind into power. The kind of leaders in any country is a reflection of the people in that country.
May God bless you. The same reason why white people run from blacks. Wicked set of black people.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Oligachy0414: 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
We have not received here in Kogi too, but I was informed of the work by UReporter and it was stated clearly in terms and conditions of the job that remuneration will be four to six weeks after the implementation. The job/campaign ends on 2nd of December, so the six weeks will elapse on Friday the 13th of this January till then there should be no cause for alarm

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by PROPEACE: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
MILLERMannn:

May God bless you. The same reason why white people run from blacks. Wicked set of black people.
You will be shocked to see how rich the people stealing these monies are, yet the so much money they have could not stop them from robbing this poor nairalander. Imagine the wickedness, the even made these guys to use their own money for transportation. Just imagine. Now these guys will enjoy so much respect in the neighbourhood because they are rich while the poor Ubty22 is treated with disdain, with utmost disrespect, not because he is lazy but because he is poor. Nobody cares about his effort.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by PROPEACE: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2023
nnamdi640:
Monies were allocated for that. UN will never fail to pay for it. A huge chunk of the monies of NGOs is blown on salaries! Ubty22, if you are reading this, do your homework, find addresses and lodge complaints, explain to the mother agency. Some of these things keep happening because we don't complain.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Femich18(m): 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ewatommy06:
W.H.O too has not paid those that participated in COVID 19 vaccination outreach for 90 days last year.... These people are deeply heartless.... Both Govt and those NGOs
Those NGOs are not heartless o. The fund will have been released even before the commencement of the programme. Hold your fellow Nigerians . Someone has cornered the money meant for you guys.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by samwillyco1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
One political party is campaigning with the funds meant for the payment; please don't ask me the party's name.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Cfc4life(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Please let's promote this page together
God bless each and every or of us��

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by ElijahIme1992(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
Exceed15:
Even their selection process are not transparent. If you like go for further humanitarian courses and apply they will not pick you. Stop wasting your time applying for INGO jobs if you don't know anyone to help you.

Most vacancies are quickly occupied by internal applicants within the system. NGO advertised jobs na SCAM!
guy it is not a scam, it's just dat those jobs openings are highly competitive...
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by odaniel1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2023
who expects being paid on 'voluntary' service? Nigerians grin
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by adefitim(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
I did the program last year, I was paid and issued a certificate of participation.

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by egbeocha(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
Chaaaiiiii,,,,,,, I follow dem work finish since October bt no payment yet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Dem never pay anambra people their own oo embarassed embarassed. It's still one story or another form to fill since then ooo undecided undecided
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
guy it is not a scam, it's just dat those jobs openings are highly competitive...
.scam I mean is that the selection process is not by merit. An insider told me that they usually consider the internal applicants first
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
ORAFA:

I'm not interested anymore sha. I work comfortably somewhere else.

Congratulations bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got A Job Interview / Do You Know This Company? / gtuiok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.