Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,069 members, 7,807,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu (23442 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
Chidimercy:

Please why do you have to spread the nylon doing the DPC, I was thinking the nylons on decking was to avoid wastage?

Thanks for this question, the primary reason for spreading nylon sheets on top of a foundation is for damp prevention after the house is built, especially in a waterlogged area. But this site is not in a wet zone, not to talk of being waterlogged, but we had to do this to be on the safe side in case of future developments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
Some of the completed sections of the DPC............

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by dominic17: 7:06am On Mar 17, 2023
Please how much has this project cost to get to this stage?
Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:59am On Mar 17, 2023
dominic17:
Please how much has this project cost to get to this stage?

My brother, let's not discuss budgets in the open like this, it may discourage a lot of people who wants to build in other places. Costs in a location may be very different from costs in another location. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by dominic17: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2023
Ok, it quite understandable.
spyder880:

My brother, let's not discuss budgets in the open like this, it may discourage a lot of people who wants to build in other places. Costs in a location may be very different from costs in another location. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by horlabiyi(m): 9:07am On Mar 17, 2023
Good morning Oga Boss, please I have a question Sir. How many inches should be the thickness of DPC in a bungalow and duplex? Thank you Sir

spyder880:
The floor as at this evening..........
Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by michlins(m): 10:14am On Mar 17, 2023
spyder880:

thank you for this word of wisdom cause omo, after looking at the numbers they mention about building, I was demoralised.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by medoty: 10:57am On Mar 17, 2023
Boss building is something else now, if I know say my project will consume the amount it consumed now, I wouldn't have started it. 7m already gone at DPC level.

Excavation wahala
Labour na money
Chippings and sand na real money
220 bags of cement gone already
16mm rod 8.6k

But the good thing is after DPC, if you put 1m the project will make significant progress.

But thanks to Spyder for all the information.

Thank you Sir, I learnt a lot about building here and I am determined to do my best to complete the project by God's grace.

spyder880:

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by tivta(m): 11:56am On Mar 17, 2023
spyder880:

i disagree, everyone knows costs varies from location to location, what is needed is estimate, a guide price range for people to keep in mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
We have completed the concrete cast of the DPC for this house.............

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2023
From another side of the building..............

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by Trippledots(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2023
spyder880:
We completed the clearing of the site early yesterday morning, but we couldn't work as bee hives are on this land. Even after burning the grass, the bees maintained their abode and defended it fiercely. We all got a few rounds of stings grin

Awww... I feel sorry for those bees.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by michlins(m): 5:49am On Mar 19, 2023
tivta:

i disagree, everyone knows costs varies from location to location, what is needed is estimate, a guide price range for people to keep in mind.
what I think he is saying is this. Someone might be discouraged from starting a project because of the projected cost

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2023
michlins:
what I think he is saying is this. Someone might be discouraged from starting a project because of the projected cost

Thank you, how your side my man?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2023
We have started raising the block walls of this building...........

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:26am On Mar 20, 2023
More blocks are being laid with some good speed ............

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:29am On Mar 20, 2023
More pictures from the outside as we prepare to work on the lintels and columns.............

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by michlins(m): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2023
spyder880:

Thank you, how your side my man?
we're holding it down.

No shaking but if you get old or new money, kindly give me.

May this week be fruitful for us all
Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:04am On Mar 20, 2023
michlins:
we're holding it down.

No shaking but if you get old or new money, kindly give me.

May this week be fruitful for us all

Old money dey o, but new money na foreign currency now grin

We will continue to push on, happy new week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
We did more works with blocks at this site today...........

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
More from this site today........

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
More still

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by stillme231: 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2023
Love this area..be like estate..make sense

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
spyder880:
We did more works with blocks at this site today...........

Nice one Spyder. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:22am On Mar 21, 2023
Skyview01:

Nice one Spyder. Keep up the good work!

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2023
It rained heavily at this site..........

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:30am On Mar 24, 2023
More

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2023
More pictures as we move on........ ....from the outside of this house as at Wednesday evening..........

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
We continued our works at this site today, some pictures..........

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
More.....

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
More pictures.......

Re: The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
Still more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Emeka Ikwechegh Donates New House To Blind Woman In Abia (Photos) / Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition / How To Buy A House In Lagos, Nigeria Without Over Paying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.