Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty (1592 Views)

Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Meet the Five Architects Of Jonathan’s Defeat. / I Think D Lazy Northerners Should Be Blamed For Our Poverty Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by Puleza(m): 2:23am On Mar 01, 2006
Hi Guys,

I'm from South Africa and I'm very much in love with Nigeria. One thing i would like to say before i start with the main topic is that you must get a copy of Capitalist Nigger by Dr. Chika Onyeane. I know plenty of people will say that he deserted Nigeria for the US, but the truth of the matter is that his departure is the one that opened up his eyes and unlike others he is sharing information with us.

I fail to understand as to why Nigeria is not counted as one of the rich countries in the world because its got the most sort after resource, OIL. We as Africans are digging of own craves of failure. We are preparing ourselves to be poor and depend on other nations. I think we people on the ground need to take a stand and say "enough is enough". Corruption is the key to African failure, yes corruption does exist in other parts of the world, but at least administrators there do delivery on ther election promises.

I must say that South African President Mr. Thabo Mbeki is doing a wonderful job in South Africa. South Africa is reaching heights and poverty is surely being eliviated. Its easy than ever before as a group of youths to get funding for opening up a businesses in South Africa. The economy is booming and the people are working hard to help the government to achieve its economic target.

The following services are offered for free for the poor is South Africa -
1. 600l of Clean water for free every month.
2. Thousands of Kilowatts (Electricity) are offered for free to the poor.
3. Child grants.
4. Pension grants for the elders.
5. Free housing.

I mean Nigerian government can afford to do more than this. Why should this people do this to our African brothers and sisters. We as Africans are more opresses than when we were opressed by a white man.
Re: We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by wadner1: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2006
yeah the animals in power aused all these.
Re: We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by Larufa(m): 5:45pm On Mar 08, 2006
@Puleza, Thanks the love u have for my country -- Nigeria!!!

But what about their foreign collaborators -- World Bank, IMF, America and the British Govt and Bankers.

The UN must do something inorder to reverse the corrupt trends. All stolen wealth must be returned to their source unconditionally and perperators declare wanted and when caught let to face the music.

Americans and Britishs are coming in term with the effect of allowing any form of money coming into their economy after the Terrorist Attacks.

Terrorism is to the America and Britain as Corruption is to Africa.
Re: We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by otokx(m): 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2006
a lot of our so called african leaders are just cheap rogues; look where they have left us.
Re: We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by toshmann(m): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2006
b4 we blame the white man let us look inwards and blame ourselves. we must drop this mentality of blaming the white man for every failure. what have we done to help ourselves?what happened to all the oil wealth?common election we can't conduct.what can we do sef?

nation building is more than mere hardwork.it involves resilience,patriotism,sacrifice and most importantly national spirit.this is what we don't have in naija. the average nigerian sees himself as either ibo or yoruba or hausa or efik etc that is why we quarel over where the next president should come from as against who(what kind of person)will be the next president.

food for thought mates.
Re: We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by otokx(m): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2006
who is blaming the white man?
Re: We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by toshmann(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2006
onanugaola:

The UN must do something inorder to reverse the corrupt trends.

this statement connotes blame/responsibility shift.
what have we done to check corruption over the decades?
Re: We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty by Vongauche(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2006
WHAT A LOAD OF POPPYCOCK!

we might ave some part to blame but we are not the architects

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Air Force / Dr Kalu Idika Kalu Heads 40-man N'delta Talks Team / Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.