Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness (44326 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by bro4u: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
23-time Grand Slam singles champion, Serena Williams was baptized on Sunday as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, marking a monumental moment for the recently retired tennis great.

The baptism took place at the Jehovah’s Witness Assembly in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Serena who announced her exit from the court last year September had earlier expressed her desire to focus on her family and faith after quitting the game.

She is reputed for her outstanding achievement in her career that spanned over two decades-winning 23 grand slam titles, the most by any player in the open era and second-most of all time.

“Being a Jehovah’s Witness is important to me, but I’ve never really practiced it and have been wanting to get into it.” – Serena had said in an interview with Vogue.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/serena-williams-baptized-as-a-jehovahs-witness/

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by DispatcherLagos: 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ndi Ama Akpá grin
I hope she will personally come to witness to me grin

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Odogwujayy: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
I'm not sure this is legit news..

Modified: It's true.. And that's the best decision she's made all her life..

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Jashub: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
Charles Russell Taze did irreparable damage to this generation, and I pray he continues burning in hell or wherever God cast him to

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Rexymania(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
That religion no easy o. I miss those guys though

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by bro4u: 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Odogwujayy:
Pictures don't lie, moreover the source is right there.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by kingharzy: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
LOL.. . . .
If I'm correct, she should be a full terrorist now. Abi Russia don raise leg for Witnesses ni

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by 1Dray(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
Charles Russell Taze did irreparable damage to this generation, and I pray he continues burning in hell or wherever God cast him to

Why?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by incandescentena: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2023
I like Jehovah witness girls

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Jashub: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2023
1Dray:

Why?
False doctrines

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
incandescentena:
I like Jehovah witness girls

Oya why? If you don't mind

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Odogwujayy: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
bro4u:

Pictures don't lie, moreover the source is right there.

I think it's true, went to other sites to check. And they're confirming it as well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Creamypie(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
She just made the greatest choice any human will ever make in this world. She's started the narrow journey that leads to life without death, sickness, and old age, things all the money, fame, can never give, even in the least quantity..all your pastors, I call em psychologist, they are 100% aware of this truth, but they will never ever inform u and their other very gullible sheeple of this and continue to hide it, since it totally negates/invalidates baseless miracle and prosperity teaching, which is the basis of their tithing/source of wealth and control over u.

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by chigoziri2403(m): 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Her family have been witnesses for long
It's not news

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by superCleanworks(m): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
nice one

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by jasent(m): 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
When last did you visit psychiatric hospital?

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Jashub: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
jasent:

When last did you visit psychiatric hospital?
That was last week. I remember vividly that your mother was there waving at me from her cell . But that was before they sedated her

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Decentdave(m): 7:16am On Jan 11, 2023
Na to dey carry portfolio waka now ..make she come knock my door say she one preach grin..na bleeping direct grin grin smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by xpressionx(m): 7:16am On Jan 11, 2023
They may not disfellowship her if she misbehaves because she's she's celebrity

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16am On Jan 11, 2023
Being a Jehovah’s Witness is important to me, but I’ve never really practiced it and have been wanting to get into it.” – Serena had said in an interview with Vogue.
The Kingdom is marching on and the devil cannot prevail.

JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Kingluqman(m): 7:17am On Jan 11, 2023
E no bad Na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by BOLATINUBU01: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2023
Congratulations to her

Welcome to the family

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by flejnr2(f): 7:17am On Jan 11, 2023
So very soon now she go knock for my door

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Ndi Ama Akpá grin
I hope she will personally come to witness to me grin
It's good to dream dispatcher.
Sha dey dream better dream every night,
No be dream wey no dey possible.
Sha face ur work well for dis Lagos and you will succeed.
Amen.

Antoeni:
She Will live in paradise on earth after she dies
Jehovah witness paradise is in igieduma In Edo state
So stale and dry like 3 days fufu.
Incoherent jargons everywhere tongue
Na dem tongue

vengertime:
It was only this last Christmas I learnt Jehovah witness people don't celebrate Christmas
Oh realy?
It's always been like that since time immemorial.
That is their doctrine,
It has to be respected you know?
We learn everyday.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by BOLATINUBU01: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2023
Odogwujayy:
it's legit, it's on her Facebook page
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Marvieduke(f): 7:18am On Jan 11, 2023
Good thing is that she recognized God her creator.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18am On Jan 11, 2023
Odogwujayy:
Na dem.
Nothing wey dem go ever believe.
Odogwu unbeliever

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by everythinggirly(f): 7:18am On Jan 11, 2023
Nice.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:19am On Jan 11, 2023
everythinggirly:
Nice.
.....gongo aso wink

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Lemmy123(m): 7:19am On Jan 11, 2023
So now she'll stop wearing those tight pants while playing tennis? Bad market for Vaseline people bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Icarus99(f): 7:19am On Jan 11, 2023
Yeah right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie And Osita Iheme (Pawpaw) At The 2017 DNC Unity Cup / Ronaldo Trends On Twitter As Fans Troll Messi After UCL Game / Top 10 Premier League Stars Who Drive Reasonably Priced Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.