Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness (44333 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Aemmyjah(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Absolutely..

But what is the English word for people that makes heaven and live eternal life?

They too will become immortal as they will rule with Jesus Christ as kings and priests
Jesus christ and the anointed are the immortals
Their number is definite
Not all will go to heaven

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by MrJames007: 11:00am On Jan 11, 2023
So what's so special about her baptism
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by BigDawsNet: 11:04am On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

They too will become immortal as they will rule with Jesus Christ as kings and priests
Jesus christ and the anointed are the immortals
Their number is definite
Not all will go to heaven

Yea not all will make heaven

So these are the people I'm calling immortal
People like us that will make heaven
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by joyandfaith: 11:07am On Jan 11, 2023
Horokrox:
An apostate spotted

See my signature
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by BigDawsNet: 11:10am On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

God kept that tree of knowledge of good and bad so that it will prove to Adam and Eve and their children that he is the sovereign and has the right to decide for them what is good and what is bad
Even after judgement day, there will be a law or laws that is to help humans to demonstrate love and faithfulness to God
Not laws from sin as you assume

Revelation 21:3,4 is talking about life here in earth and not in heaven

Oh okay... so life here in earth may comes with rules and regulations... by the teaching of JW

But our common Christians teaching is telling us... Sins, Won't exist in heaven... all should know that there will be no sin in heaven. We will no longer have that nature. In the garden of Eden, there was only one rule. Do not eat of this one tree. That’s the only rule they had. Now that we all have chosen Jesus and his salvation there will be no need for any rules in heaven because we will have a perfect body without sin once again...
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by sylve11: 11:15am On Jan 11, 2023
Jashub:
That was last week. I remember vividly that your mother was there waving at me from her cell . But that was before they sedated her

Lol grin cool
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Aemmyjah(m): 11:18am On Jan 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Oh okay... so life here in earth may comes with rules and regulations... by the teaching of JW

But our common Christians teaching is telling us... Sins, Won't exist in heaven... all should know that there will be no sin in heaven. We will no longer have that nature. In the garden of Eden, there was only one rule. Do not eat of this one tree. That’s the only rule they had. Now that we all have chosen Jesus and his salvation there will be no need for any rules in heaven because we will have a perfect body without sin once again...

Like perfect Adam,humans on earth will CONTINUE to demonstrate loyalty and obedience to God even after judgement day

You cited Revelation 21:4
I said that verse applies to life here in Earth and not in heaven
That's why I said you should have ACCURATE knowledge of what the Bible says, not common doctrine or what Pastor says

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by prophetfire: 11:18am On Jan 11, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Ndi Ama Akpá grin
I hope she will personally come to witness to me grin
Same thing as me. Please if you know their contact, tell them that she should come preach to me. Only her and nobody else will I listen to.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by LordReed(m): 11:30am On Jan 11, 2023
jmichael259:

A designer (UI/UX, AI for example) doesn't need to prove himself to line of codes that he truly exists in a different form (human) outside the cloud and C.P.U world in which they exist and can only comprehend. Yet a tenie tiny puny human on an insignificant spec of dust (earth) in such an ever expanding universe thinks God has to audition for him to believe they're real. (even Zlatan don't do auditions) Most unfortunately, thinks his opinion which can't determine his next breath, has anything to do with the reality of God or otherwise.
Let they that have ears hear and let they that have eyes see. Afterall, How can one explain the colour yellow or blue or indigo to a person born blind? Does the colour exist or not? Anyway sha, the blind dey blind and agenda must agend..

But other lines of code think they can tell other lines of code bullshit stories about what they have no experience of. Yeah, I'll take my chances.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by ComradeShegs(m): 11:42am On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

We have resumed our public ministry since September

Ok. But do you guys still do the the door to door knocking?
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Aemmyjah(m): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2023
ComradeShegs:

Yes sir
Since September
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by ComradeShegs(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2023
LordReed:

Not true. For sometime I have been seeing some JWs gather and go preaching on my street for a few weekends now.

Oga. They are opting for things like setting up stalls in towns to talk to people rather than carrying on with their door-knocking efforts due to a change in tactics, according to their sister title "the Chronicle"

So they might be preaching in your street but not knocking on doors.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Aemmyjah(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2023
ComradeShegs:

Point of correction
We don't do door to door knocking as if we just look for doors to knock. It is people we are finding

It is door to door or house to house ministry
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by ComradeShegs(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Yes sir
Since September

Ok
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Aemmyjah(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2023
ComradeShegs:

Oga. They are opting for things like setting up stalls in towns to talk to people rather than carrying on with their door-knocking efforts due to a change in tactics, according to their sister title "the Chronicle"

Stop saying what you don't know
I said we've begun since September
Maybe you're always away from home when we come into your house

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by ComradeShegs(m): 11:49am On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Point of correction
We don't do door to door knocking as if we just look for doors to knock. It is people we are finding

All the same. I hope I'm not misconstrued. U shar knock on the door before you minister. grin
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by ComradeShegs(m): 11:51am On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Stop saying what you don't know
I said we've begun since September
Maybe you're always away from home when we come into your house

Lol. Ok na.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Aemmyjah(m): 11:52am On Jan 11, 2023
ComradeShegs:

All the same. I hope I'm not misconstrued. U shar knock on the door before you minister. grin

That's if the door is closed na
If I see you standing at the door or your door is wide open and you're in sight, I will talk to you directly
Besides we preach informally like to families, friends, colleagues, other places. I preached to a girl at a POS point last week after a transaction
We preach via letter writing though it's very popular in developed lands
We preach via telephone witnessing
There's cart witnessing
There's also street witnessing

We use all forms of means available to preach to all

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by merits(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by fcbelle72(f): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Christ came to call, not the righteous but sinners so they may attain to repentance
Na so, he who finds Christ, old things have passed away, behold everything is new
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by LordReed(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
ComradeShegs:

Well my street is full of gated estates so maybe you are right.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by gloryman91: 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
So she no dey celebrate Christmas Easter and New Year fake festivals.

Prays, she gets and follows the True Religion of Islam soon.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by jasent(m): 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
Gospel2Day:

He is right.
Russell has by his false doctrine led millions astray and those who have died to Hell.
If you know how guys sleep with JW's girls you will realize how empty of Divine Life that false sect is.
You should be concerned about your pastors and Iman that have been leading your astray from time immemorial.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Enemyofpeace: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2023
So she too go dey carry bag dey waka up and down to preach to people
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by meobizy(f): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
I wanted to see her in a white body fitting dress. Disappointment rents my face and emotions.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by bro4u: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Point of correction

LoL. This explaination is unnecessary, I kinda find it funny tho
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Anakazo22: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
Odogwujayy:
I'm not sure this is legit news..

Modified: It's true.. And that's the best decision she's made all her life..

Her parents are Jehovah witness

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by jmichael259(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
quentin06:

The bible calls God YHWH not Jehovah, make your argument with the genuine bible.

Who could have known. So, the bible in your house has genuine and fake.
The bible didn't write YHWH as God's name. In the scrolls maybe but not bible. Afterall, None of the bible writers had a bible.
Meanwhile, how do you, Mr genuine, translate YHWH into english? How is God's name spelt and pronounced in Russian, German, Arabic and the thousands of languages around the world? Do you currently read and write the english language, your own native tongue and the bible itself in their ancient forms OR Do you only bring this argument when you run out of arsenals?

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by saintruky(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
Na these pipo go make PO win hard small... How pipo go dey say them no dey vote cos dem no dey support earthly govt... But them dey enjoy d things put in place by same earthly govt ..

Na wa...
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by jmichael259(m): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
While Myriads enjoy the beautiful colours, a few call bullshit due to their blindness.
One's affliction is nobody's fault.

Once again Let they that have ears hear and let they that have eyes see. Afterall, How can one explain the colour yellow or blue or indigo to a person born blind? Does the colour exist or not?

LordReed:

But other lines of code think they can tell other lines of code bullshit stories about what they have no experience of. Yeah, I'll take my chances.

Radio announcement: "A hungry lion from ibadan zoo has escaped. It doesn't roar so stay away while authorities locate and recapture it"

According to you: Don't tell me about something you don't know it's whereabouts at the moment. You don't even have experience what it sounds like.

Your verdict: "You'll take your chances"

Your wisdom is definitely from above something. Might be the sewer but something.
Re: Serena Williams Baptized As A Jehovah’s Witness by Hyland(m): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Hmmm..

So Will she Carry Bag and Umbrella to Preach House to House? cheesy cheesy
I don’t mind preaching to your house and we’ll end up on your bed wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Delta Queens Football Club's Bus Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen / Georgina Rodriguez: My First Meeting With Ronaldo Was Love At First Sight / Cristiano Ronaldo Empties Locker At Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.