Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Advice To Every UK Japa Crew - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice To Every UK Japa Crew (57195 Views)

How To Apply For German Schengen Visa Application Japa Crew / Canada Based Nigerian Warns 'JAPA' Crew: Pictures Video / Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by amanonymous(m): 2:11am On Jan 18, 2023
Good morning guys ..

Please what's your advice.

Am a Lagos state teacher with a family of four.Even with the job,it as not been able to cater for my family monthly and its tiring,so there's no point.I embark on taking up my masters in Education to give me a better chance of securing a teaching job in the UK and more so, I learnt UK would be looking for qualified teachers soon and Nigeria is one of the qualified countries too.
Am working with an agent (ahzassociates), and they made me understood that a school like Dundee in scotland would give me room to breath (3k first payment for tuition which also gives me my Cas out of 15900k) by not asking 50℅ proof of funds on enrolment,unlike other schools outside London who request for 50% Pof at enrollment. I am skeptical about Dundee, based on the fact that i learnt they spend Scottish pounds which is a lower to British pounds and also its always cold over there than UK.

What re the chances of getting jobs and living a better life with opportunities, family ,and life after school between Scotland and outside London?

Please I need your sincere advise guys ..

Sorry if I made any typographical errors.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by alphabbey1(m): 7:46am On Jan 18, 2023
amanonymous:
Good morning guys ..

Please what's your advice.

Am a Lagos state teacher with a family of four.Even with the job,it as not been able to cater for my family monthly and its tiring,so there's no point.I embark on taking up my masters in Education to give me a better chance of securing a teaching job in the UK and more so, I learnt UK would be looking for qualified teachers soon and Nigeria is one of the qualified countries too.
Am working with an agent (ahzassociates), and they made me understood that a school like Dundee in scotland would give me room to breath (3k first payment for tuition which also gives me my Cas out of 15900k) by not asking 50℅ proof of funds on enrolment,unlike other schools outside London who request for 50% Pof at enrollment. I am skeptical about Dundee, based on the fact that i learnt they spend Scottish pounds which is a lower to British pounds and also its always cold over there than UK.

What re the chances of getting jobs and living a better life with opportunities, family ,and life after school between Scotland and outside London?

Please I need your sincere advise guys ..

Sorry if I made any typographical errors.
First and most important of all, don't make the mistake of bringing your kids along with you. Take only you and your wife and let the kids be with your parent.... People that cannot afford full tuition fee have no business travelling with kids....
It is also advisable you have 50% of tuition fee before you embark on this journey, without this, you will only be setting yourself for the worst experience and might lead to your coming back home....

Whatever information u need about Scotland and Dundee University, search it on YouTube and check its comment section that's where your answer lies.... and which ever country you go, as far as its not Africa, Dubai, Turkey, Cyprus, East Europe, and some other God forsaken countries, you will be fine....

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by amanonymous(m): 11:08am On Jan 18, 2023
alphabbey1:

First and most important of all, don't make the mistake of bringing your kids along with you. Take only you and your wife and let the kids be with your parent.... People that cannot afford full tuition fee have no business travelling with kids....
It is also advisable you have 50% of tuition fee before you embark on this journey, without this, you will only be setting yourself for the worst experience and might lead to your coming back home....

Whatever information u need about Scotland and Dundee University, search it on YouTube and check its comment section that's where your answer lies.... and which ever country you go, as far as its not Africa, Dubai, Turkey, Cyprus, East Europe, and some other God forsaken countries, you will be fine....

Thanks so much for your reply ..Are you saying its not feasible, taking my kids along ?.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by alphabbey1(m): 11:24am On Jan 18, 2023
amanonymous:

Thanks so much for your reply ..Are you saying its not feasible, taking my kids along ?.
Let me use this word "forbidden"
Yes, thats how serious it is not to take kids along if you are not financially buoyant enough....
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by amanonymous(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
alphabbey1:

Let me use this word "forbidden"
Yes, thats how serious it is not to take kids along if you are not financially buoyant enough....

My kids aren't that old enough. I don't think i can leave them except am going alone which doesn't help, in terms of partner having more hours to work to support financially

I was told Scotland is less expensive than outside London especially for a family
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by alphabbey1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
amanonymous:

My kids aren't that old enough. I don't think i can leave them except am going alone which doesn't help, in terms of partner having more hours to work to support financially

I was told Scotland is less expensive than outside London especially for a family
The fact they're not old enough is even more reason why you have to let them stay....
Anyone advising you to take them, ask that person how feasible it is to work and pay £12,900 school fees within a year coupled with house rent, you and children feeding, clothing, and miscellaneous.....

Kindly note there presence will also reduce the amount of time either you or the mother can work...

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by amanonymous(m): 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2023
alphabbey1:

The fact they're not old enough is even more reason why you have to let them stay....
Anyone advising you to take them, ask that person how feasible it is to work and pay £12,900 school fees within a year coupled with house rent, you and children feeding, clothing, and miscellaneous.....

Kindly note there presence will also reduce the amount of time either you or the mother can work...

I was just been told primary school education is free for children especially in dundee..

The only clause my partner must pick them closing ours
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by alphabbey1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
amanonymous:

I was just been told primary school education is free for children especially in dundee..

The only clause my partner must pick them closing ours
School is not every day. Who takes care of them after school ?... The bone of contention is, you have £12,900 deficit... how do you want to pay that if you need to devote time for the kids, having in mind being young, they cannot be left at home alone.... You seem not to understand your 20 hours per week will hardly pay house rent, major responsibilities will be on your dependant (your wife) and she need to give in her 110%, go the extra mile, and I still doubt you guys will still be able to meet up with all the bills....

You really think there's a Job that will allow ur wife to save £1,000 per month ? You still said there's option of "she have to pick the kids every closing hour"... You better have close to full tuition fee before you embark on the journey....

Did you also check your school's fee payment schedule ?

I wonder how you think its possible for your wife to do 2 to 3 jobs with kids on ground...

You need to widen your search to get access to someone living in Scotland to better enlighten you more on situation on ground....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by amanonymous(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
alphabbey1:

School is not every day. Who takes care of them after school ?... The bone of contention is, you have £12,900 deficit... how do you want to pay that if you need to devote time for the kids, having in mind being young, they cannot be left at home alone.... You seem not to understand your 20 hours per week will hardly pay house rent, major responsibilities will be on your dependant (your wife) and she need to give in her 110%, go the extra mile, and I still doubt you guys will still be able to meet up with all the bills....

You really think there's a Job that will allow ur wife to save £1,000 per month ? You still said there's option of "she have to pick the kids every closing hour"... You better have close to full tuition fee before you embark on the journey....

Did you also check your school's fee payment schedule ?

I wonder how you think its possible for your wife to do 2 to 3 jobs with kids on ground...

You need to widen your search to get access to someone living in Scotland to better enlighten you more on situation on ground....

Thanks

I would get through to their student union

And more so , my wife's mum lives in London doe she asnt gotten her papers yet. ..we could drop the kid and pay her for been with them
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by legacystore: 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
TWoods:

Take the US postdoc offer. Publish 2-3 papers and apply for permanent residency by the end of year 2 in EB1B category. Your computer skills give you a huge edge. once you get a green card, you can do whatever you like.

Applying for a US visa should be relatively easy for you. Your school can apply for a H1B visa (you bypass the lottery since you’re working for a school program). Once it’s approved, you merely go to the embassy to stamp the visa. Don’t lose the opportunity… your educational profile is very impressive.

Your postdoc job comes with good healthcare benefits too so you should be ok.

Hi advice on the japa route to follow for an associate professor of applied biology in a Nigerian university. Well published and established academic. Uk, Canada or US
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by jagaban002(m): 5:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
ogawisdom:

Wow

This is interesting

This is worth it by far

I don't know why Nigerians in UK has launched a campaign to discourage ppl from coming.

Most people in Nigeria earning over 500k monthly can't save 28m in 20 years self

Imagine if the couple can save 1500 to 2000 monthly?
Do you know how much the couple take travel go uk , now bring 28m after 2 years .
I make more than that in 2 years here .
If you going to uk not because of the money it's for good life

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ogawisdom(m): 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2023
jagaban002:

Do you know how much the couple take travel go uk , now bring 28m after 2 years .
I make more than that in 2 years here .
If you going to uk not because of the money it's for good life

Japa is not for everyone, if you can make 28m in 2yrs in Nigeria you are doing good

We need the GPD

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by collins07(m): 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
so person go leave 3 bedroom apartment for wuse go they share apartment and kitchen for Glasgow with indians .How is that progress or retrogression kindly explain!.
Nigerians can be funny,so are they going to live in shared apartment forever?shared apartment is for a start and that's if they couldn't get accommodation immediately. Everybody starts from somewhere,even in America you have to start from little.
The problem with we Nigerians is that we have high taste and we don't have such economy to meet up with our taste hence d next thing is to start cutting corners.
Most of the things we see as important are just wasteful culture. Start from our weddings naming,house warming up to burials.
Someone that is living in Wuse pays between 2 to 5 millions annually; if I'm correct. But another person is paying over 700k for shared apartment in Glasgow and wuse man thinks he lives better. When its coming to purchasing power wuse man can't meet up with Glasgow man lol.
Wuse man can't save 1million naira in 3 months after expenses but Glasgow man can save 1 million naira in a month after expenses.
It's all about choice and what is convenient for each person involved in this analysis.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
collins07:

Nigerians can be funny,so are they going to live in shared apartment forever?shared apartment is for a start and that's if they couldn't get accommodation immediately. Everybody starts from somewhere,even in America you have to start from little.
The problem with we Nigerians is that we have high taste and we don't have such economy to meet up with our taste hence d next thing is to start cutting corners.
Most of the things we see as important are just wasteful culture. Start from our weddings naming,house warming up to burials.
Someone that is living in Wuse pays between 2 to 5 millions annually; if I'm correct. But another person is paying over 700k for shared apartment in Glasgow and wuse man thinks he lives better. When its coming to purchasing power wuse man can't meet up with Glasgow man lol.
Wuse man can't save 1million naira in 3 months after expenses but Glasgow man can save 1 million naira in a month after expenses.
It's all about choice and what is convenient for each person involved in this analysis.
honestly you are confused! Why would you restart little after starting in Nigeria and progressing to living in a 3 bedroom in wuse Nigeria only to regresss back to a single shared house! This live style are for babies just starting university . Even the .uk govt will be surprised how a 40 bank manager will resign and move to glasgow to restart from the bottom. How many life time would you live .
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Mcleo007(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
so I dey my office !then JAPA to UK @ over 8m come dey do care work!No way unless I get some above my current office that progress

Be grateful that you are doing well for yourself.

Not everyone who Japa does so for money-related reasons. I know a lot of people who left Nigeria who were doing perfectly ok for themselves. Many just want to live in a sane society for once in their lives and ensure their children grow up in a sane clime where UP NEPA that they grew up with wouldn't;t be the same fate that greets their children growing up.

Regardless of how good your life is currently in Naija, you are one problem (health or economic policy) away from poverty. I mean you can fall from 100-3 within a week. Its that bad. We have seen this one too many times. Same way, you can see a poor man become very rich within a week. No where in the world does this happen except here.

UK, as with most European countries wasn't designed to make people rich. Euripe was designed to enhance a majority MIDDLE CLASS. How many billionaires are there in Europe compared to other continents?

So, please lets respect people's choices as best as we can.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Nosa111(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2023
Spending 15-20million to relocate abroad. Does it really worth it?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Mcleo007(m): 10:42am On Jan 22, 2023
Nosa111:

Depends on your motive and where you relocate to.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
Mcleo007:

Be grateful that you are doing well for yourself.

Not everyone who Japa does so for money-related reasons. I know a lot of people who left Nigeria who were doing perfectly ok for themselves. Many just want to live in a sane society for once in their lives and ensure their children grow up in a sane clime where UP NEPA that they grew up with wouldn't;t be the same fate that greets their children growing up.

Regardless of how good your life is currently in Naija, you are one problem (health or economic policy) away from poverty. I mean you can fall from 100-3 within a week. Its that bad. We have seen this one too many times. Same way, you can see a poor man become very rich within a week. No where in the world does this happen except here.

UK, as with most European countries wasn't designed to make people rich. Euripe was designed to enhance a majority MIDDLE CLASS. How many billionaires are there in Europe compared to other continents?

So, please lets respect people's choices as best as we can.

Thanks
99 percent of Japarains is driven by greed to blow! They wrongly assume that as soon as the land in the UK then that ikoyi house is sure. without asking why are there endless strikes in the same paradise UK ! what is sane about a society that is godless and promote gays ,lesbians and gender change as a State policy ! What is sane about the debt ridden consumerism promoted by UK ! what is sane about lost of culture and identity in years to come! What is sane about knife and gun violence ! what is sane about crazy gas bills and freezing winter and loneliness ! Sanity is communal live , debt free , warm weather and organic food . The depression hotline is overwhelm in The UK .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
Nosa111:
not worth it at all ! Try am migrate will the most little you can and milk the system! Don't carry you hard earn wealth from Nigeria to jam people that don't have 20m ! Then only do stem program's and other on the occupation shortage list! Don't do the herd mentality ! Many graduate from Nigeria from the 2021 set and still in desperate mode ! No sponsors ,poor pay and crazy mouting bills.

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by 79733139(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
honestly you are confused! Why would you restart little after starting in Nigeria and progressing to living in a 3 bedroom in wuse Nigeria only to regresss back to a single shared house! This live style are for babies just starting university . Even the .uk govt will be surprised how a 40 bank manager will resign and move to glasgow to restart from the bottom. How many life time would you live .

He doesn't need your advice, let people make their own life decisions and work out how to conquer challenges along the way. If Nigeria is the best place for you, that's fine, we are all wired differently.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2023
79733139:

He doesn't need your advice, let people make their own life decisions and work out how to conquer challenges along the way. If Nigeria is the best place for you, that's fine, we are all wired differently.
why is quoting me up and down!
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by collins07(m): 12:04am On Jan 23, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
No need to argue with you,it's obvious you're pessimistic and against traveling abroad.I believe those that see their life outside Nigeria would still go ahead to pursue their dreams. If starting from shared apartment means retrogression to you for just 6 months;it's obvious no need to argue with you.
You know nothing or little about opportunity that comes with living in d west.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Zahra29: 1:41am On Jan 25, 2023
efilefun:
Do your research before calling something misinformation. I live in Northern Ireland which is a part of UK and we don’t pay council tax.

Erm, yes they do. Only difference is that it's an equivalent tax called rates, not council tax.
How do you think services like bin collection, parks etc get funded?

#Copied

Northern Ireland doesn't use the council tax system, but has a system based on domestic rates. This means the value of your property is multiplied by a domestic rate based on the area you live in, and your tax bill is calculated by this.

Almost everyone who lives in a property in Northern Ireland has to pay rates. Rates pay for services throughout Northern Ireland; like schools, hospitals and roads; and for services in your local area; like bin collection, parks and leisure centres.
Make sure you know if it’s your responsibility or your landlord’s to pay rates if you rent from a private landlord or agency
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by efilefun(m): 6:16am On Jan 25, 2023
Always paid by landlord. You will never see any house for rent asking you to pay rate, it’s always paid by the landlord.
Zahra29:

Erm, yes they do. Only difference is that it's an equivalent tax called rates, not council tax.
How do you think services like bin collection, parks etc get funded?

#Copied

Northern Ireland doesn't use the council tax system, but has a system based on domestic rates. This means the value of your property is multiplied by a domestic rate based on the area you live in, and your tax bill is calculated by this.

Almost everyone who lives in a property in Northern Ireland has to pay rates. Rates pay for services throughout Northern Ireland; like schools, hospitals and roads; and for services in your local area; like bin collection, parks and leisure centres.
Make sure you know if it’s your responsibility or your landlord’s to pay rates if you rent from a private landlord or agency
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Zahra29: 10:56am On Jan 25, 2023
efilefun:
Always paid by landlord. You will never see any house for rent asking you to pay rate, it’s always paid by the landlord.

That may be the case, just as many rents in England also include council tax. However it is still a tax that needs to be paid - and I'm sure your landlord has factored the rates cost into your rent - so you are indirectly paying for it. Homeowners would be directly responsible for paying rates, so it is misleading to say that there is no council tax (or equivalent) in NI
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by efilefun(m): 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
This is paid annually by the landlord only
Zahra29:

That may be the case, just as many rents in England also include council tax. However it is still a tax that needs to be paid - and I'm sure your landlord has factored the rates cost into your rent - so you are indirectly paying for it. Homeowners would be directly responsible for paying rates, so it is misleading to say that there is no council tax (or equivalent) in NI
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by TinaJoe(f): 8:49am On Jan 30, 2023
Nwanna2588:
This is a cliche we have heard a thousand times. Based on the preponderance of the suffering in Nigeria, I don't have a choice but to relocate to such a highbrow country. As a teacher in Nigeria, I'm living in a 'survival mode'. I cannot remember the last time I save money.
If I'm indignant it is because some of you that are based abroad have forgotten in a hurry how most of us are living from hand to mouth here. Honestly, I do not like you in that manner, and I wish you would stop advising me on this.
I can only believe this when Nigerians based in the UK are coming home in mass without going back again.
Since I had merely N100k in my name after almost 2 decades in teaching, I saw the japa thing as a very big opportunity. I prefer to pay taxes and have something to save than working in Nigeria without saving money.
May be your advice is good for people that have made their mark in Nigeria.

Exactly my dear,you just said my mind.I got to know about this tru a frnd but am yet to get the full information.if you have,pls let me know.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by felixzo1(m): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2023
TinaJoe:

Exactly my dear,you just said my mind.I got to hear about this tru a frnd but am yet to get the full information.if you have,pls let me know.
the problem with this route is(teacher) its even expensive for a teacher to afford. cost of visa application ,flight cost, medical is already up to a teacher 2 years salary in Nigeria
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by TinaJoe(f): 9:18am On Jan 30, 2023
felixzo1:
the problem with this route is(teacher) its even expensive for a teacher to afford. cost of visa application ,flight cost, medical is already up to a teacher 2 years salary in Nigeria

From the information I got on YouTube,they said those with educational qualifications will be giving free visa and this offer will start from first February this yr.Just that I don't know the steps to take cos am very much interested in this juicy opportunity.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by felixzo1(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2023
TinaJoe:

From the information I got on YouTube,they said those with educational qualifications will be giving free visa, don't know if it's real.
you will do statement of compactability for £45,( you will sent your transcips from university and pgde to them) afterwards you will apply for QtS ( free) from there you can now start applying for teaching jobs in UK.(sciences and maths has advantage)when you get your C.O.S issued by your employer you will use to to apply for visa . ( all cost on you) the main thing is convincing the secondary schools in the UK that you are qualified enough and good to be employed to teach in their school.( passing your job interview)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) / Have You Heard About The Alien Stone Found In Sierra Leone, West Africa? / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.