Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Advice To Every UK Japa Crew - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice To Every UK Japa Crew (57188 Views)

How To Apply For German Schengen Visa Application Japa Crew / Canada Based Nigerian Warns 'JAPA' Crew: Pictures Video / Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by semmyk(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
A postdoc of 2 yrs and and a high impactful publication or streams of good publications would open doors for tenured faculty. You can then start attracting funding and consulting. Within the rebounds of #ethics, you also work towards your #investing goal (while delving less into political terrain!) wink.

1) I am a sickle cell patient. I hope I am not taking much risk based on my health? How's the health system in US compared to UK?
Though I'm not a US person, I understand that you should be better off in the US.

2) on skills: I officially left music production in 2014 to focus on my academics. So, on skills, how lucrative is music production in both countries?
Ditto, while I am not so much into US, from observation, horning your music production might get more boost in the State more than the UK. Nonetheless, UK offers great platforms.

3) Based on [i]academic skills: I can perform most computer based simulation in chemistry/biology including DFT experiments, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulation, and other computational chemistry/biology techniques with little or no difficulties[/i]
Postdoc should offer you more opportunity to take your academic/research frontier to high level.

Paulheyman:
Dear op and respondents
Based on the Japa syndrome, these are my dilemmas:
1) I got an offer of a postdoc in US for a 2yrs stay with possible offer of becoming a faculty member (I am not sure if I will be taken as a faculty member). The pay is $65k/annum
2) with the recent offer of a QTS visa by UK for qualified teachers. I am also very much interested based on variations in the number of years US (2yrs): UK (5yrs - so I heard)

Note: I want to get into the US or UK using (but not limited to) the academic root and possibly diversify later on
These are my challenges
1) I am a sickle cell patient. I hope I am not taking much risk based on my health? How's the health system in US compared to UK?
2) on skills: I officially left music production in 2014 to focus on my academics. So, on skills, how lucrative is music production in both countries?
3) Based on academic skills: I can perform most computer based simulation in chemistry/biology including DFT experiments, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulation, and other computational chemistry/biology techniques with little or no difficulties
4) I would love to switch probably from class room teacher to a full time lecturer (if UK is found worthy). How possible and easy can it be?
5i) How lucrative is teaching job in the UK?
5ii) Do the country (UK) permit home lessons?
5iii) Can I combine class room teaching with other side hustle

*** My intention is to stay there for ten years and come back and invest but if I find their land fruitful, I will stay a little longer than expected
I need guidance please!
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by iamL(f): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
juman:

grin grin grin
Talk is cheap.
If you appear in paris or london this moment, before a week time you would be complaining bitterly about abroad.
Go to youtube to see many people wailing about abroad.

Very cheap talk.

As if we don't have families and friends in those countries.

When una dey use illegal and dishonest practices for Naija dey make am why una no go complain say abroad hard?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Jamesroi: 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
collins07:

Is doable,I know a lot of couple that surviving it.I even know some with two kids and some that gave birth few months after their arrival.
It's all has to do with a mindset,it depends on city they settled in,is not a must to live in London, Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds.
There are £350 shared apartments with separate bathroom with just only common kitchen.
Northern Ireland is relatively cheaper than England and wales,even in Glasgow you can get £600 pm for a flat.those that goes into health and social care starts making over £2k per month after 3 months on d job.
Students works unlimited hours during holidays and those that are hard working makes a lot of money before school resumes from holidays.
koonbey:

Ok.

Close Coupled Toilets: https://www.banyo.co.uk/bathroom/toilets/close-coupled-toilets.html
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by loliapoopy2013(f): 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
alphabbey1:

£800 for 2 bedroom apartment grin.... see this clown. Tell me you've never been to UK without telling me you've not been to UK

My friend's brother stays in Manchester and pays 650 pounds monthly for 3 bedroom duplex.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2023
SIRTee15:

For utility I mean gas, water and electricity and maybe internet. For a family of 4 to 6, I really don't see how u spend that much in this UK. I have relatives with large family in London, they don't spend that much on utility.

You are contradicting your first post

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Babaelemu: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
So basically traveling is gambling where you spend 7 million naira to get 28 million naira in two years. Una dey mad!! When you enter na that time you go know say kaki no be leather!! Una think say when them pay you £2000 you just carry the money like that go send to Nigeria? Shey bi una get friends wey don dey there for more than 10 years he suppose to don get 70 million naira for account naw?? Why Nigeria no progress na because una brain no dey work but una think say una get brains. Una dey talk about Future no be Nigeria dem born una? Nothing do una years after years una dey grow bit by bit una get work or get small business generate 7 million naira na that time una know say future dey? If you crate employment the other person create employment with money no be so country dey slowly develop? Even some people wey dey that UK for many years no get 7 million naira cash for account. Na from hands to mouth

7 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by SIRTee15: 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

You are contradicting your first post

I guess u quoting the wrong person. I don't pay up to 400 pounds per month for utility in a middle class family.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by millstone(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
gaby:
Okay.

We want to learn.

My honest and one simple advice to all and every on here is, if you can afford it, please, make your way out and go seek a better life for you and your family.

It isn't your fault that demons have decided to take over the country and ironically, while they take charge here, they have their kids tucked away in foreign lands giving them the best and grooming them to come back to rule you and your future kids. It is a vicious cycle.

Find your way out. When dem ready to repair this country, make dem bring their kids back make all of us do am together.

No matter how rough the UK is right now, it is still better than the farm here. I am even happy for all Nigerians to move and go Nigerianize the UK make dem reap bountifully from their farm produce in a karmaic way.

Make your move legally and launch your final push to wherever you want to end up.

For all of you shouting Emilokan, Athiefkulate, Obidatti, a very friendly and brotherly advice, make una lower una expectations.

This current administration will look like Obama's administration by the time the next one come on board.

No be curse or pessimism.

You just can't build on a zero foundation and expect it to stand.

This is sinking sand.
The gospel truth

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by millstone(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
dplordx:
The real truth is, the UK is designed such in a way that if you are not earning up to 20k to 30k pounds annually, and how on earth will a student ever make that kind of money--well unless you do your Yahoo! wella but FYI, FBI now works with Scotland Yard, or else you will suffer like there is no tomorrow. I dont mean you will suffer like you are in Nigeria, over here no one will feed you, you will starve, and forget all those benefits they are shouting about, its not for you, its for their own citizens, so to be truthful, if you are not careful, you will just be another guy abroad suffering more than even the people living in your own African village. On monthly basis, for a single person you will need as little as 1,500 GBP to take care of housing, food, utilities and others. 1,500 GPB is the least, I mean, we are talking extreme austerity survival here where you are barely surviving and may die of heart attack if you lost 1 pound of your monthly expenses! Don't even think of anyone giving you 1 pound to support you, na you and harsh reality. I spent over 1 year in 2018 there, I was there again last year, inflation is killing the immigrants who had fled there.
There are more people now, lesser housing, less jobs --- meaning lesser wages and higher cost of living. There are far better countries than the UK: Turkey, France, Sweden, Spain, even Norway or giving visas with far greater benefits. See that UK was built by Ijebu people, they designed it to give you only oxygen, while stripping every other benefits away from you. Forget living in Manchester or Leeds, with the insane inflow of refugees from Syria, Algeria, Ukraine and others, cost of living has gone over the roof. Plan well before you japa. I am happily here in Naija, hustling and doing, I am going to be going on vacation to any of these countries by God's grace -- I am tired of seeing on blacks doing cleaners, on farms, doing security guards, and the ones you see in every European downtown begging you for 5 euros because they are dying of hunger. You are free to insult me as well. Your eyes go clear
What about Netherland boss. I am planning on relocating end of the year or early next year and I'm considering other European countries and ones that won't be so expensive but easier. Don't want to go to the UK and start regretting

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Stevosty: 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
so person go leave 3 bedroom apartment for wuse go they share apartment and kitchen for Glasgow with indians .How is that progress or retrogression kindly explain!.
No wonder, you guys want to live large in a foreign land instead of a simple lifestyle while saving cost as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by TWoods(m): 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
Paulheyman:
Dear op and respondents
1) I got an offer of a postdoc in US for a 2yrs stay with possible offer of becoming a faculty member (I am not sure if I will be taken as a faculty member). The pay is $65k/annum

2) with the recent offer of a QTS visa by UK for qualified teachers. I am also very much interested based on variations in the number of years US (2yrs): UK (5yrs - so I heard)

Note: I want to get into the US or UK using (but not limited to) the academic root and possibly diversify later on

These are my challenges
3) Based on academic skills: I can perform most computer based simulation in chemistry/biology including DFT experiments, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulation, and other computational chemistry/biology techniques with little or no difficulties
4) I would love to switch probably from class room teacher to a full time lecturer (if UK is found worthy). How possible and easy can it be?

*** My intention is to stay there for ten years and come back and invest but if I find their land fruitful, I will stay a little longer than expected

I need guidance please!

Take the US postdoc offer. Publish 2-3 papers and apply for permanent residency by the end of year 2 in EB1B category. Your computer skills give you a huge edge. once you get a green card, you can do whatever you like.

Applying for a US visa should be relatively easy for you. Your school can apply for a H1B visa (you bypass the lottery since you’re working for a school program). Once it’s approved, you merely go to the embassy to stamp the visa. Don’t lose the opportunity… your educational profile is very impressive.

Your postdoc job comes with good healthcare benefits too so you should be ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2023
Stevosty:
No wonder, you guys want to live large in a foreign land instead of a simple lifestyle while saving cost as much as possible.
3 bedroom is living large ? That means na face me I slap you you currently dey! Aspire to move from 3 bedroom apartment to duplex no to shared room in .uk.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by studyless123: 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
Paulheyman:
Dear op and respondents

These are my challenges

I need guidance please!

You got an offer. What are your concerns? Based on your profile you can easily become a US PR. TWoods have already outlined the steps. In No 1 above are you referring to faculty member or tenured faculty? Once in the US, you can easily migrate to the UK. Whichever way you'll be fine. So get up and go to work.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by TWoods(m): 12:22am On Jan 17, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
3 bedroom is living large ? That means na face me I slap you you currently dey! Aspire to move from 3 bedroom apartment to duplex no to shared room in .uk.

Only in Nigeria do you live in a duplex, not because it’s convenient, but because it’s a status symbol… and we wonder why the mad rush for foreign visas.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by alphabbey1(m): 12:29am On Jan 17, 2023
anayolity:

Bro just shut, learn and stop acting like the clown they said you are
Rest. Am not daft.. and i have no time to reply all those ignoramus forming woke... I know what am saying. I belive picture below will help u better... I ain't arguing £800 can't be seen outside London. It's very misleading if you end the statement there for newbies that will just come here to read up for legit info....
The original post I quoted was very very misleading... you can't just end a statement with "£800 house for 2 bed" dude did not even put "outside london" talkless of being city specific.... this is a sensitive matter that people have been depressed about on there arrival and seeing different scenario....

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by litaninja(m): 2:30am On Jan 17, 2023
Bro, this is about the most reasonable response on this thread.

AreaFada2:

A friend I have always helped in 9ja asked me this question when I was unable to help him once. He lives in Lagos and complained every now and then seeking help. I did my best each time.
When I told him times are quite hard, he asked why I have not returned home yet.

Mind you, each time he complained about difficulties of Lagos life, I never once asked him why he has not returned to his village or home state in Nigeria yet. Because I knew that after decades in Lagos, with kids, wife and life in Lagos, Lagos was now his home. I would be insulting him by saying return to your village.

Now look at it this way. How easy is it to move from Lagos after 15 to 30 years back to Orlu, Iseyin, Kafachan or Ozoro at the age of 40 to 55, with young kids? Which job will you be doing in your village? There are clearly too many people stuck in Lagos and just managing but almost all never leave Lagos. Same in PH, KD and other cities.

Well, it should be easy to realise also that those in US/Europe are also humans. Diaspora born and bred kids will find it hard adjusting to life in 9ja. Your elite are sending their kids abroad for quality education, and you bring yours to 9ja? And you have no access to the huge money of politicians?shocked shocked

I don't like living in Lagos, for example. Way too crowded and many parts dirty. Abuja is not where I want to be either. When I return by God's grace, it's to my hometown as a retiree. Investing in 9ja over the decades ended in huge losses. From bank shares, businesses, etc. Too much dishonesty. So the basis (established business and self-employment) for returning at a relatively young age was already gone. That left politics only. I resisted it because I don't like our brand of politics.

You watched over the decades how everything you knew changed over the decades visiting home. Community spirit, being brother's keep, and all gone. Returning to 9ja with no parents alive any more and all the good things about 9ja you cherished gone, would be like moving to an entirely different country.

For most people who have lived abroad for decades, diaspora is now their home and of their kids. 9ja is a memory with nostalgia. Houses built in 9ja are for holiday visits that the family enjoy for two to four weeks and leave. And investment.

As a kid, my local university, university hospital and schools were full of diaspora returnees, their oyinbo wives and kids, some Asians and a few Europeans as staff. Today locally trained professionals are rushing abroad.

For the quality of life that you manage to enjoy abroad, there are big trade-offs. These are what we try to make people aware of before they move abroad.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 6:50am On Jan 17, 2023
TWoods:

Only in Nigeria do you live in a duplex, not because it’s convenient, but because it’s a status symbol… and we wonder why the mad rush for foreign visas.
European way of life cannot be the only yard stick to measure how we live .
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by gly(m): 8:32am On Jan 17, 2023
ogawisdom:

Wow

This is interesting

This is worth it by far

I don't know why Nigerians in UK has launched a campaign to discourage ppl from coming.

Most people in Nigeria earning over 500k monthly can't save 28m in 20 years self

Imagine if the couple can save 1500 to 2000 monthly?

This is the case because of the current low purchasing power/strength of our Naira compared GBP.
Vote wisely come Feb 25, 2023, to elect credible leaders and bury the Japa syndrome.
Our country is extremely blessed compared to UK.
This they know that is why they keeping putting on a system to continuously impoverish Nigerians
A time will come it will be traveling for vacation not Japa.
Better days ahead for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Backpedal: 9:14am On Jan 17, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
so person go leave 3 bedroom apartment for wuse go they share apartment and kitchen for Glasgow with indians .How is that progress or retrogression kindly explain!.

If that's where he is starting from
And plans upward mobility

There is no issue at all about that

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 10:52am On Jan 17, 2023
Backpedal:

If that's where he is starting from
And plans upward mobility

There is no issue at all about that
bros that demobilty 3 bedroom in lekki for shared apartment in UK . Aspire for greatness not restart after starting .

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by elijah101(m): 10:55am On Jan 17, 2023
Na duplex i dey stay and i no mind shared apt for uk
ahiboilandgas:
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 10:58am On Jan 17, 2023
elijah101:
duplex get level ! Duplex for bariga or okokomaiko and duplex for admirality differs .
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by elijah101(m): 10:58am On Jan 17, 2023
It is the only yardstick because things dey work for there … if your government dey watch them well … we wont be running there anyhow … we would stay put in Nigeria … wetin i wan find go another man country … if my country get better working system …
ahiboilandgas:
European way of life cannot be the only yard stick to measure how we live .
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2023
elijah101:
It is the only yardstick because things dey work for there … if your government dey watch them well … we wont be running there anyhow … we would stay put in Nigeria … wetin i wan find go another man country … if my country get better working system …
work well and everbody is striking! From nurses to university staff to ambulance staff !

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by elijah101(m): 11:01am On Jan 17, 2023
I am like say without traffic 10mins drive from admiralty
ahiboilandgas:
duplex get level ! Duplex for bariga or okokomaiko and duplex for admirality differs .
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by elijah101(m): 11:03am On Jan 17, 2023
Check wetin cause the strike and check wetin cause nigeria own …
ahiboilandgas:
work well and everbody is striking! From nurses to university staff to ambulance staff !
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 11:22am On Jan 17, 2023
elijah101:
Check wetin cause the strike and check wetin cause nigeria own …
all na . money issue .
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by elijah101(m): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2023
check which one get greed for under .
ahiboilandgas:
all na . money issue .
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
elijah101:
so I dey my office !then JAPA to UK @ over 8m come dey do care work!No way unless I get some above my current office that progress

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by elijah101(m): 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Matter!!
ahiboilandgas:
so I dey my office !then JAPA to UK @ over 8m come dey do care work!No way unless I get some above my current office that progress
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by iamL(f): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
ahiboilandgas:

Nor vex o, I know say this una matter no concern me but with the way you are degrading others from your comments above I thought your office will be better than this.

Some sales girls in Nigeria self will not use this your office.

Coins really make loud noise while Notes are always silent.

10 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ahiboilandgas: 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
iamL:

Nor vex o, I know say this una matter no concern me but with the way you are degrading others from your comments above I thought your office will be better than this.

Some sales girls in Nigeria self will not use this your office.

Coins really make loud noise while Notes are always silent.
kindly show me you own office.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Travels Accross Seven States Within Seven Days With A Bike. (photos) / Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) / Have You Heard About The Alien Stone Found In Sierra Leone, West Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.