Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms (34978 Views)

Godfrey Okoye University Bans Artificial Eyelashes, Fingernails, Tight Fittings / Ukaegbu Stephanie Graduates With First Class From Godfrey Okoye University / Kogi State University Orders Students To Rewrite Already Written Examinations! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Islie: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2023
The management of the Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu State, has banned indecent dressing and implemented a new dress code for students and staff.

Christian Anieke, the university's vice-chancellor, announced this on Tuesday while speaking to staff and students returning from the Christmas and New Year holidays.

According to Aneke, all students should wear their faculty uniforms with appropriate ties and shoes.

No student is expected to wear slippers, rugged jeans, coloured hair, long fingers, fez caps or artificial eyelashes,” he directed.

Mr Anieke expressed regret that most students and staff wear t-shirts with unauthorised inscriptions, in violation of the school's dress code, and ordered male students to properly comb or shave their hair.

The vice-chancellor revealed that the university's management had implemented qualitative assessments of all teaching and non-teaching staff.

“Principal officers of the institutions will henceforth visit the lecture halls to assess the lectures by the academic staff while the non-teaching staff will submit their roll calls at the beginning and closing of each day’s activities,” Mr Anieke explained.

“Students who fail to attend lectures will not be allowed to sit for examinations.”

He announced that the institution's 14th matriculation would take place on January 27, emphasising that female matriculants would not be permitted to wear shoes taller than four centimetres. Males must dress in a suit with a matching tie.

This is not the first time a Nigerian university would be implementing a directive towards enhancing decent dressing on campus.

For instance, the management of Rivers State University banned students from wearing miniskirts, ankle chains (anklets or ankle bracelets), and false eyelashes in October 2022.

The school management also banned students from having tattoos and dressing in a certain way considered “indecent” on campus.

This was disclosed in an Internal Memorandum released by the Registrar of the school, Dr. S. C. Enyindah last Wednesday, October 19, 2022, compelling all the students to obey the prohibitive order with immediate effect.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/11/nigerian-university-orders-students-wear-faculty-uniforms-prevent-indecent-dressing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by God1000(m): 11:53am On Jan 11, 2023
I think I like the new stringent rules because our school campuses have become something else.

Though some degenerates will consider this new development as draconian and primitive.

Dressing half naked is wrong, no one is saying you should cover yourself from head to toe like Afghan women are subjected to, but respect your body and stop exposing private parts

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
This isn't right.. u are supposed to prepare them for the outside world and trying to control them this way is not the best option to achieve that. These are grown adults for chrissakes. Not encouraging indecent dressing or exposure but there are better ways to go about this than all these..
Faculty uniforms indeed

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Olam09(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
Lol, you gotta be kidding me..

2 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Fadddd(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
School uniform loading

6 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Kenneth10110(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
WAR against indiscipline its needed not only in the university but the whole Nigeria. We can achieve that fit only by being OBIDIENT AND YUSFUL.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by mytime24(f): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
Glorified secondary school

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by 1Alex: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
It's very okay. It will help the students who suffer intimidation from others that sample of sophisticated dressing.

8 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by KnowledgePower7: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
Secondary Schools packaged as University angry

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
cheesy

On the other hand there is a good reason why they have to wear uniform...and no it isn't just indeccent dressing

When I got into university...I thought I was free from uniform, I could dress casually, yeah...only to find out there were some dress codes.

Then when you are looking for job, no one will tell you that wearing micro-mini skirt, bikini top, body hugging shirt, dress and jeans, and sleeveless t-shirt to an interview conducted by professional head scrutinizers is not the way. grin

Plus , many places of work have dress codes , even uniforms (I am looking at banks, law firms, medicine,manufacturing industries, engineers, and the oil industry especially. And as for the civil service..it goes without saying...and as for millitary, and paramilllitary....that one self, you go know on sight.)

University is preparing them for the world of tomorrow...where wearing uniform never stops...

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by KingDash: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
Useless university.. all those going to the university there’s no hope for y’all drop out, school na scam........................

i be graduate sha so follow this advice at your own risk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by bewla(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
B
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by HardMirror(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
Secondary school?
The picture of the "university" says it all.
Let buhari enforce uniform and haircut for all the citizens like in north Korea since nigerians like this type of news.

God1000:
I think I like the new stringent rules because our school campuses have become something else.

Though some degenerates will consider this new development as draconian and primitive.

Dressing half naked is wrong

How is it your business how people dress? Dictator

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by TONYE001(m): 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
An excellent development. Imposing faculty/department uniforms is a good way to control indecent dressing.

Should apply equally to males and females.

Other schools should emulate this, please.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by chris4gold(m): 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
Can you imagine grin
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Our education is modeled todwards western education. So we should expect such occurrence
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Sammy07: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nonsense!
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Ahuitzotl: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
This attempt at stifling cultural liberalism should be condemned..

2 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by njikoka(m): 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2023

8 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by kcdendelo: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Glorified secondary school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by morikee: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Na Secondary School?
No be Adults again
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by dododawa1: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
No more study on school BUT prostitution

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by HateBigots: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Is indecent dressing the problem of this country ... Continue chasing nonsense and avoiding real issues. ***Nonsense***
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Articul8(m): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
Benin Republic style . Even at that,some female students no dey gree man rest with the uniform oo. They will make it skimpy and sexy
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Lionnation: 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
You can call these rules draconian but I think it's necessary at this time, what our children are turning to in campuses are something else I was at imo state university the other what I saw was a really brothel in day light no shame females are naked everywhere and people are moving as nothing is wrong

2 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by iCauseTrouble: 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
What else doyou expect from a glorified secondary school?

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by meobizy(f): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
This is why I hate school. Educational institutions create zero individuality. “Our beauty is in our diversity” takes a back seat because they try molding humans into a one-style-only look. If somebody “does not know how to dress” in his/her mid teens, it is the individual’s fault — no one else’s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by athaboi(f): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
Na Catholic school na...na normal thing for them

2 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by kestolove95(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
All universities Nd evn Government own universities should follow suit.. Its a good development I support it

4 Likes

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Shalashaska: 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
It's called baseball cap not fez cap angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3rd Class Degree, Or No Degree At All: Which Is Better? / You Think You're Genius Solve This Problem / Buhari Appoints Prof Wushishi As NECO Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.