Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) (33150 Views)

VIRAL PICS of SA Doctor Looking Like a Thug - Union Defends Him / Access Bank And It's Age Requirement For Job / Nigerian Army Reduces Academic Requirement To Woo More Citizens Into Joining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by castrokins(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
And The Salary?

1 Like

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by koby86: 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
South Africa also include age limit na wa o
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Freeko4: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Nice
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Bobbiee: 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
I did the sit-ups in 1 min 23 seconds. My neck hurts like hell. I also did the push ups in 34 seconds, which means I was practically doing one push up per second. I'm certain I can do the kilometer walk as I did a lot of long distance hike all through my university days, and I usually walked with heavy load comprison all my course books and text boosk, my laptop (which was one of those bulky ones at the time, and several other dead weight). We had a forest in our campus and during the mango season I'd go deep into the forest, over 70 miles and I'd trek with a heavy sack filled with mangos. The 5 pull ups is nothing at all. I do 10 of those, and another 20 with my palm facing inwards.

3 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Gabangel(m): 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
This one is just ordinary police task force, what happens if na army or airforce? It still reminds me of that time that they said GEJ hired S.A. mercenaries that gave Boko Haram people run for their money...say, if dey bin leave dem ehn, bush no for contain BH ever again!

5 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Greatdand007(m): 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
anayolity:

Why you dey behave like gay , wetin you can picture of your fellow man 6 packs do when eh no be big yansh undecided undecided undecided undecided

Which kind mere men full Nairaland like this sef sad sad sad

And waytin consign you now
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by LIVINGICONREBOR: 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hmm.
But i still respect the gruesome training of the naval seals. To be enlisted you should have near peak conditioning. angry

2 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Guyman01: 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
lymelyte:
Thanks boss.
I tried all that he said above for 30 days and I couldn't believe the transformation, but I went back because all the meetings I belonged used to serve fried rice and beer or malt and I felt cheated because I pay my dues, na so I went back to eating and drinking and regained my pot belly but with this reminder I will try again cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Bobbiee: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
Sucre6:

This is what u would do

1. Stop taking beer, soda, factory sugar, burger and sharwama. And don't eat bread before u sleep

2. Eat more fruit and vegetable

3. Sop eating heavy food late night.

4.Replace the sugar u add in your tea, pap and other things with original honey

Then do sit ups, start with 10, increase to 20 and u could stop at 50 so u don't go beyond your limit, be consistent u will get use to it, before February, u will look at the mirror and me super impressed of how good and healthy u will look, talking from experience

I've been doing my exercise even longer than you. I'm sure I started 2016, but it must have been longer than that. Probably 2012 when I joined the school basketball team. Everyday I do 100 pushups, 50 sit ups, 100 squats, 30 pull ups, and I lift weights totalling 50 reps. Yet I still have a lean build. To be fair, I don't really eat healthy like that. Although, I stay off sugar and snacks (can't even remember when last I took those. Although I do take malts. And I only drink occasionally when I'm out with friends, say once or twice a month). I think my problem is I was skinny so I'm supposed to go at it differently. My guess is that you started with body. Safe taking steroids or supplements, it's not easy to get gains.

2 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by HardMirror(m): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
Sucre6:

I thought I was dealing with an adult
ignore the kids. They think those with huge muscles are natural. I workout too and without steriods there is a limit to how big you can be. You tried jare

4 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by baralatie(m): 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
Let me try 50 push ups in 5 minutes grin
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Emaprince: 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Why are Black South Africans lazy? Why am I seeing Whites everywhere? Are there no Blacks in SA again?

Even in sports outside football, you can hardly see Blacks.
Thats why Nigerians come there and take over their women. Next thing is xenophobia
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by HardMirror(m): 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
Bobbiee:

I've been doing my exercise even longer than you. I'm sure I started 2016, but it must have been longer than that. Probably 2012 when I joined the school basketball team. Everyday I do 100 pushups, 50 sit ups, 100 squats, 30 pull ups, and I lift weights totalling 50 reps. Yet I still have a lean build. To be fair, I don't really eat healthy like that. Although, I stay off sugar and snacks (can't even remember when last I took those. Although I do take malts. And I only drink occasionally when I'm out with friends, say once or twice a month). I think my problem is I was skinny so I'm supposed to go at it differently. My guess is that you started with body. Safe taking steroids or supplements, it's not easy to get gains.
exactly i work out too and i know without steroids there is a limit you get to you just cant get bigger.
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Emola12(m): 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
Sucre6:
I do 100 sit up in 3 minutes,
I would do 60 in 1min 25 seconds,

That's my early morning ruiting

100 sit ups
100 press up

300 reps of dumbbell before taking my bath. cool
another liar don arrive abeg mou nah clear road

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Moneyboyz: 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
Meanwhile Nigerian police force!
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by SmartyPants(m): 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Gruelling physical training

In order to be considered, candidates are put through gruelling physical fitness and strength tests and have to be able to complete:

A 3,2-kilometre run in boots, long trousers and with a rifle within eighteen minutes;
Five uninterrupted, consecutive pull-ups (palms forward);
Sixty sit-ups in two minutes;
Thirty-five consecutive and uninterrupted push-ups in one minute; and
Ten twenty-five metre sprints in sixty-five seconds.

Swimming

The following activity must be completed to demonstrate acceptable swimming competence:

• An unassisted 200 metre swim in dark water, such as dam water, adopting any swimming style.

Endurance

The following activity must be completed to demonstrate acceptable endurance capacity:

• A fifteen kilometre walk carrying fifteen kilograms in three hours.

And if you think that is hard, it is just the beginning.

None of this is hard - perhaps swimming 200m in dark water maybe since I am not a great swimmer. The rest, even in my state of semi fitness, will be a breeze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Justiceleague1: 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
After all the training,they will still put their Zulu yansh at risk grin

4 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by SmartyPants(m): 2:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Why are Black South Africans lazy? Why am I seeing Whites everywhere? Are there no Blacks in SA again?

Even in sports outside football, you can hardly see Blacks.

These units are built on the expertise of old apartheid-era soldiers and police operatives. The whites you're seeing are most likely instructors, and in one of the videos you can see an entire 3 rows of black police officers only.

4 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Grupo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Wow, good one bro.
I do only pushups and it’s just 50 every morning

You do 50 at once?

I do 120 most times. But it's usually divided into 30 reps each.

2 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
Sure I can go sixty in two minutes non stop

2 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2023
SmartyPants:

None of this is hard - perhaps swimming 200m in dark water maybe since I am not a great swimmer. The rest, even in my state of semi fitness, will be a breeze.

Vasbyt

Candidates still have to go through ‘vasbyt’ - to grit one's teeth - that tests the limits of their physical and mental capabilities.

According to saptf.org, the duration of ‘vasbyt’ is approximately 90 hours.

During this time, members are constantly gauged by the course officer, instructors and medical consultants with the aim of monitoring and testing the limits of their mental and physical stamina and endurance for as long as possible before a complete system shut down is experienced.

Candidates may not sleep or eat during ’vasbyt’ and are limited to between two and five litres of water a day.

The only constant is the incessant physical endurance routines designed to ensure that candidates remain awake.

They are also constantly taunted by jibes, accusing them of being too soft and requiring the comforts of civilian life in order to heighten the discomfort and intensify the experience. The vast majority of candidates will leave the course within the two weeks leading up to ‘vasbyt’ or during ‘vasbyt’ itself.

After a well-earned two days rest, official training begins, saptf.org says, which includes, among others, weapons training, tactical assaults, VIP protection and survival.

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by mamaafrik(m): 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
try know the training in our sss .....first,you will run
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
Emaprince:
Thats why Nigerians come there and take over their women. Next thing is xenophobia

First learn to build a road and power your country.

3 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Pimine: 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
Sucre6:
I do 100 sit up in 3 minutes,
I would do 60 in 1min 25 seconds,

That's my early morning ruiting

100 sit ups
100 press up

300 reps of dumbbell before taking my bath. cool
Kudos bro. I do 500 push-ups a day in 5 sets of 100 each. I spend about 16 minutes on abs and then I do some legs too.

3 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by annisy(f): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
The only thing they teach in Nigeria police academy is how to drink, smoke and kill innocent citizens

2 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Pimine: 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Emola12:
You're obviously a sorry, out-of-shape dude who thinks everyone is just as weak as you

2 Likes

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by abobote: 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Creamypie:
I do 50 sit ups in 4 mins nah, then 100 push ups in 10 mins
100 push ups in 10mins, are you sleeping on the push ups?
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Musauzor(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
In Nigeria, the major requirement is knowing a big man somewhere or having cash to bribe your way through

1 Like

Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Pimine: 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
Bobbiee:

Bruh you need to eat. If you eat 5 times a day and it doesn't work, try 6, 7, 8 times. Just do whatever you gotta do. The secret to muscle gains is to get those calories in.
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by Creamypie(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
abobote:

100 push ups in 10mins, are you sleeping on the push ups?
in 2 instalments of 60:40 respectively
Re: Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) by abobote: 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
Emola12:
What is so difficult in what he said?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? / Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos) / How To Be Young And Successful - Nigerian Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.