Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

"This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe (45386 Views)

Bbnaija:if Tacha No Win, I’ll Give Her The Money’ – Peter Of Psquare Blows Hot / Iheoma Nnadi Exposes Lady Who Begs Her Money For Insulting Ighalo's Wife / Ubi Franklin Visits Paul Okoye Of Psquare’s Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Ezeego1(m): 8:15am On Jan 13, 2023
reddingtonblack:

aunty calm down, obedient are just being cunning, pretending not to see the"stupid" part.

How do you intend to justify "stupid abokis," in a compliment context.

Seems all obedience no see the "STUPID" part, i will help out cheesy

Aboki means friend in this context, he's referring to an individual and not a tribe. it's derogatory to the individual and not to a tribe.

Is aboki a name of a tribe? why do you all choose to be stupid and senseless undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by saintkel(m): 8:15am On Jan 13, 2023
Tingotoe:
You are a disgusting hypocrite like your Peter Obi and Peter Okoye mentors. Even a 5 year old knows that aboki is a derogatory term used to describe northerners.
aboki is not an insult....but d word written dia is definitely an insult......
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:17am On Jan 13, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol so you mean him saying “All these useless Abokis” mean him saying “all these useless friends”?

That’s a derogatory statement directed against the Northerners.

One thing I always find amusing about Ibo people is that we know they are extremely tribalistic and uncouth to other tribes but yet they always want to feign non tribalist.

It’s just like me saying all these useless Nyamuri.

Where was this energy when Brymo insulted Igbo's? Show me your comment
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:19am On Jan 13, 2023
ibkayee:

I think we’re saying the same thing about the use of the word.

To be honest, even if the ‘stupid’ wasn’t there it would still be an insult, everyone knows that ‘aboki’ is often used derogatorily by southerners to refer to northerners, anyone denying this is being disingenuous

INCORRECT.

ABOKI HAS A GENERAL USAGE.

I CAN REFER TO YOU AS AN ABOKI, IN FRIENDLY OR HOSTILE CONTEXT.

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by onyeego(m): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2023
ibkayee:

To be honest, even if the ‘stupid’ wasn’t there it would still be an insult, everyone knows that ‘aboki’ is often used derogatorily by southerners to refer to northerners, anyone denying this is being disingenuous
Can only be an insult in the south, here in the North Aboki is used to refer to northerners and everyone else everyday, nobody sees it as an insult or derogatory.
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

Go ask the meaning of aboki, it's not insult

He said, "stupid abokis"

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by reddingtonblack: 8:20am On Jan 13, 2023
ibkayee:

Even tho i don't know the meaning "disingenuous" indeed,
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:20am On Jan 13, 2023
femisplash:
Typical ipob, they always forget they started the fire first but when it hits them, they claim the victims. Just as they started the coup that killed leaders of other tribes but would claim victim of the aftermath. Nnamdi Kanu ignited the ethnic hate but would wail on Adeyinka Grandson when he returned the favour.
You're very stupidd and dumb, what does ipob got to do with this, where was your comment when Brymo insulted Igbo's? you're a fvcking hypocrite

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by ibkayee(f): 8:21am On Jan 13, 2023
hammerT:

INCORRECT.

ABOKI HAS A GENERALL USUAGE.

I CAN REFER TO USE AS AN ABOKI, IN FRIENDLY OR HOSTLE CONTEXT.
Do you know what the word 'often' means?

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:22am On Jan 13, 2023
ibkayee:

Do you know what the word 'often' means?

I SAID, IT HAS GENERAL USAGE AND I CAN REFER TO YOU AS AN ABOKI IN FRIENDLY OR HOSTILE CONTEXT.

ARE YOU HAUSA OR FULANI?

DOES THAT MAKE YOU HAUSA OR FULANI?

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by modsfucker: 8:22am On Jan 13, 2023
jmoore:
You guys should have posted the post he was replying to.

Here you go

2 Likes

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by ibkayee(f): 8:23am On Jan 13, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Even tho i don't know the meaning "disingenuous" indeed,
Are you saying you don't know what 'disingenuous' means? Genuine question
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by uba1991: 8:23am On Jan 13, 2023
boldtruthalways:
Check the account that posted that rubbish, it doesn't have a blue thick rather white thich which confirms its fake account. No propaganda to give P Square or Obidients bad name will ever prosper. P Squares real account has a blue thick on it ..check it out. Those who use Twitter knows people create fake accounts with same name of someone to post rubbish on the person's name. Don't be deceived
Real obidients dont insult anybody same with Obi. You can never see him insult anybody. All we want is a good and prosperous Nigeria. That's all. Let's leave propaganda. It will not do us any good.
even p square is not denying the account, but unknown gunman like you is defending what is obvious.

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by maasoap(m): 8:23am On Jan 13, 2023
ibkayee:
Aboki isn’t inherently an insult but it is often used in a derogatory context to refer to northerners and he was clearly using it in this context

And he added the word "idiot" to the statement.

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:23am On Jan 13, 2023
WHEN PUT INTO CONTEXT.

PETER UTILISED THE WORD IN A GENERAL CONTEXT, NOT EVEN REFERING TO A PARTICULAR PERSON, LET ALONE ANY TRIBE.

HE WAS PISSED OFF AND INCLUDED THE PHRASE WITH INSULT. 'STUPID'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by sonofthunder: 8:25am On Jan 13, 2023
Abassmt:
I remember the day Osinbajo declear to contest I was in P/H listen to wazobia fm smart don program, brother come and see bashing from these people from everybody calling him different name that after Bihari what is he coming for.

Exactly.... I almost forgot that episode.

Not just PH... Was everywhere.... Insults came in left right and center.

Same hypocrites today will tell you they would have gone for Osibanjo rather than PO.... Like who are you deceiving?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Nicenixon: 8:25am On Jan 13, 2023
bnbash:

No one forced you to share country with us na! You are free to have your own country if you like. If your people are educated enough they should know the legel procedures for that. We will not mind educating you people about that please come to University of Maiduguri
bnbash, God will bless you. They need to follow leave but their politicians have not move the motion for once in the general house of assembly.

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Prettychild(f): 8:26am On Jan 13, 2023
OGIBRA:
Imagine someone saying, Using idiots and stupid aboki in a statement isnt an insult? No wonder they call them zombiedents...
Stupid aboki means stupid friend
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:26am On Jan 13, 2023
ANY OTHER WAY DESPERATE YORUBA MEDIA WANT TO SPIN IT, TO FIND COVER FOR BRYMO, LET THEM GO AHREAD.

THE EVIDENCE IS IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY.

YOU SAY HE INSULTED A TRIBE, BUT HE WAS NOT EVEN REFEING TO ANY PARTICULAR PERSON.(ANYBODY)

THE ONLY WORD THERE WAS STUPID.

ABOKI IS NEITHER A TRIBE OR PEOPLE, JUST A GENERAL USAGE PHRASE FOR EVERYBODY BOTH NORTHERNERS AND SOUTHERNERS.

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by 9gerian: 8:27am On Jan 13, 2023
Stupid abokis?

Why do you guys go over and above to excuse your people from accountability but always try to hold other people accountable? Why have different standards for different people or celebrities?

All forms of ethnic slurs are bad and imply intolerance. Period!

He that must come to equity must come with clean hands!

PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:27am On Jan 13, 2023
Tingotoe:
You are a disgusting hypocrite like your Peter Obi and Peter Okoye mentors. Even a 5 year old knows that aboki is a derogatory term used to describe northerners.
where was this energy when Brymo insulted Igbo's? FooI.

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by maasoap(m): 8:27am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

It is you! I know you are low on the IQ score charts

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by darazonian(m): 8:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Nursepepeye:
and the I"diot is a Compliment? And I don't know why people are scared of them, call them what they are. Psqere was right anyway, we shouldn't be sharing a country with these sets of people

Then go now who is holding you? Oh you are not wise and bold enough to leave Nigeria, form your own country discard anything that has to do with Nigeria. But here you are begging and at the same time insulting others to do your bidding. I doesn't care who win the election between APC and PDP we are waiting for you people a "stupid aboki" will make the announcement of who will rule Nigeria may be your brain will return to factory settings when you see and feel the reality all over your body.

2 Likes

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Kyase:

I hope una go drag am the way una drag brymo too
Brymo need to apologies sha
no them those fools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by 9gerian: 8:29am On Jan 13, 2023
So now we need to put things in context because Psquare is Igbo right?

hammerT:
WHEN PUT INTO CONTEXT.

PETER UTILISED THE WORD IN A GENERAL CONTEXT, NOT EVEN REFERING TO A PARTICULAR PERSON, LET ALONE ANY TRIBE.

HE WAS PISSED OFF AND INCLUDED THE PHRASE WITH INSULT. 'STUPID'

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2023
Buccalcavity2:

The Psquare guy messed up. Simple and short. No need for rationalization. Idiot and stupid dont go with 'friends'.
When you are ensnared by the words of your mouth,humble yourself and make peace with your neighbor. That's the scripture!
oga where was this energy when Brymo insulted Igbo's, keep your mouth shut if you didn't condemn that!
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Mayeldah(m): 8:30am On Jan 13, 2023
AldrichAmes:
These twins and their brother are the biggest bigots in the Nigerian entertainment industry. The fact that they’re brazen with it and no one has ever called them out, is the reason why the untalented duo stay being the gift that keeps on giving.

I remember they used to call every award they lose out on, as “Yoruba awards” and cry about being denied the award because they’re Igbo. Their elder brother also once said: “I’m a Biafran. I have lived in Lagos and me, Yoruba and Hausa people have nothing in common”.

The whole Peter Obi charade is an IPOB and Igbo supremacist campaign to hijack power again like these people did in 1966. And they have international backing this time and are using the rogue ENDSARS foot soldiers led by that dirty/smelly looking scumbag, Aisha Yesufu, and the compromised hack journalist, David Hundeyin (these two posers are funded by western NGOs). Obi was a total failure as a governor. He was a failure as a member of GEJ’s government. But whimsically in 2022, they’re projecting the low IQ market trader as the saviour. If you can’t see the transparent charade - I can’t help you. If Obi wins, prepare yourselves for another civil war.

I’m not even a fan of Tinubu (I would’ve preferred Osinbajo) or Nigeria as a country. However, since this is where the country is at right now - if you’re Yoruba and you willingly go out there to vote for these IPOB Biafran miscreants - you deserve to be bundled up and sold into slavery. You have to be very daft not to see the handwriting on the wall.

How are you now different? You are accusing someone of bigotry yet you are calling Aisha Yesufu a scumbag.

Obi' s mandate is not about Ibos or IPOB, stop colouring it that way to discredit him, you people are making the same mistake your fathers made in 1966 and this time none may survive it.

Tinubu will not be President, go and Mark it down, Nigeria needs a lively president and Tinubu is not it. We asked for Osibanjo and yet you guys presented a senile poopy old man and you want to blackmail everyone. It won't work.

It is not about tribe, it is about rescuing Nigeria.

Btw I am not Ibo
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad Make una sha be careful cos Aboki/Ipob yoots don't hear come, nah GO dem sabi.
werey
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by ibkayee(f): 8:30am On Jan 13, 2023
bnbash:

Why did he use "s" if he was referring to only the guy he quoted? No need to be defending all these. It's OK he insulted us we are used to insults just that we will prove ourselves by voting the right candidate who appreciates and respects our values. Shikenan
tamdun:

Yea,he was insulting the guy(one person o ) he quote but had to use plural abi, abokis?
I'm so confused, we weren't saying that Peter was insulting the guy only, it was clearly a slur that he refers to northerners as. Where did you see anyone defending the comment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Tekno Rocks Braided Hairstyle. Hit Or Miss? (photos) / Chinyere Wilfred Shares Throwback Photo / Toni Payne Shades Wizkid & Linda Ikeji's fight (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.