Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed (467 Views)

Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes / Don’t Create Tension Between Yoruba, Igbo In Lagos, Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje / 2019: Run To South-east During Election And Be Fined – IDA Warns Igbo In North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by tollyboy5(m): 6:32am On Jan 13, 2023
I see alot of people misinterpreting Brymos message.
For crying out loud. Brymo is a good friend to alot of igbos, despite how the obidient has been tagging him for no reason.

Trying to push him to his limit he still maintained his gentle man status.

I was surprised people misinterpreted his word for southeasterners.
What he actually meant was "Igbo" =weed.

More like saying fvck weed smokers. Please let's apply intelligence to our interpretations so we won't misinterprete good people ☺️

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by chrisxxx(m): 6:44am On Jan 13, 2023
Almost deriding also in Igbo. Yoruba in Igbo means a dirty one.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by RockHard: 6:44am On Jan 13, 2023
Guy, I like your interpretation. You're trying to douse the tension. But truth be told, Igbo/ipob/Peter Obi bullies caused/triggered Brymo's outburst. Even though I think he may have gone too far, I can understand why he lashed out at them the way he did. You can't expect everyone to react timidly to your constant bullying and assaults. And igbo bigots have been getting away with attacking and namecalling everyone who's not in support of Obi's ambition.

Brymo has been the subject of consistent insults, attacks, and all manner of namecalling ever since he came out publicly to endorse Tinubu. But the Obidients thought that he'll be intimidated by their bullying like other celebs like Joke Silva, Mercy Johnson, Desmond Elliot etc. You can't keep beating a child and expect him not to cry.

Not everyone will choose the path of non-confrontation under constant attacks for simply exercising their God-given right to choose whom to support in the upcoming elections. I guess they met their match. Brymo crase pass their own crase.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by tollyboy5(m): 6:51am On Jan 13, 2023
RockHard:
Guy, I like your interpretation. You're trying to douse the t

Not everyone will choose the path of non-confrontation under constant attacks for simply exercising their God-given right to choose whom to support in the upcoming elections. I guess they met their match. Brymo crase pass their own crase.
I'm not trying to douse anything. If people can defend peter of psquare then let brymo tweet be defended.

They'll keep talking trash everyday and be expecting yorubas to be politically correct lolz.
Politically correct kor. Awon olobe

6 Likes

Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by Naira20: 6:51am On Jan 13, 2023
Igbo as they pronounce it means nothing in Yoruba language.
But IBO is closer to ballot or "a vote"

I hope they'd wake up and join other non-yorubas and omoluabis in Lagos to retire Tinubu.
Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by Naira20: 7:21am On Jan 13, 2023
Op correct "Dialect" to "Dialect" before Oyebanji44 comes here.
Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by RockHard: 7:21am On Jan 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm not trying to douse anything. If people can defend peter of psquare then let brymo tweet be defended.

They'll keep talking trash everyday and be expecting yorubas to be politically correct lolz.
Politically correct kor. Awon olobe

No mind them. Now the bullies are crying of being bullied. When they were calling Yoruba people names, we no hear anything o. Brymo just drop some bars and everywhere scatter, sotay dem begin open online petition. These same people were hailing and defending Nnmadi Kanu when he was calling yoruba people all manner of names.

And like you rightly observed, Psquare have been abusing and insulting everyone over this Peter Obi without anyone petitioing against them. The Paul Okoye half of Psquare for many years hated and publicly shamed his brother's wife simply because she was Yoruba and most ibos online condoned and even supported his behaviour. Dem no open petition for am o. Na Yoruba people I blame. We are too politically correct for comfort.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by Tunasco4u(m): 7:22am On Jan 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by Tunasco4u(m): 7:23am On Jan 13, 2023
Ashin,you made that up tongue
chrisxxx:
Almost deriding also in Igbo. Yoruba in Igbo means a dirty one.
Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by christistruth01: 7:25am On Jan 13, 2023
Naira20:
Igbo as they pronounce it means nothing in Yoruba language.
But IBO is closer to ballot or "a vote"

I hope they'd wake up and join other non-yorubas and omoluabis in Lagos to retire Tinubu.

Igbo means forest or Bush

Igbo were also what the Yorubas were called before the Oduduwa dynasty of kings took over from the Obatala dynasty of the Igbo Kings who ruled Ile Ife from 300 BC to the 10th Century

2 Likes

Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by Naira20: 7:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Igbo for forest or bush isn't how they pronounce their "Igbo"
christistruth01:

Igbo means forest or Bush

Igbo were also what the Yorubas were called before the Oduduwa dynasty of kings took over from the Obatala dynasty of the Igbo Kings
Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by christistruth01: 7:41am On Jan 13, 2023
Naira20:
Igbo for forest or bush isn't how they pronounce their "Igbo"

It was the Benin that called them Igbo

The Benin and Yorubas share the same Ancient History

The Benin Kingdom fully understood not just the Origin of the Igbo word but the Ancient History of the Igbo People themselves

The Igbo were what the Aboriginal People of Yorubaland were called while they were still under the Obatala dynasty of Kings and before the arrival of the Oduduwa dynasty of kings

There are Yoruba Clans that are still identified as being mainly of the Ancient Igbo Aboriginal heritage like the Ijebus,Ijesha,Ekiti,Owu,Ilaje , Akoko and much of the Igbomina though the Igbomina later became mixed with the Oyo's who like Oduduwa at the time had a very strong connection with the Nupe People

After Oduduwa dynasty arrived many Igbo Groups migrated out of Ile Ife in opposition to Oduduwa's new order while some remained and submitted to his rule

The Benin sometimes used Igbo to refer to those Ancient Aboriginal People not under the Oduduwa dynasty kings and who they also considered to be less Civilised

That was why the Onitsha People were very reluctant to be labelled Igbo as they were initially of Benin and Igala Origin
Re: Igbo In Yoruba Dialet Is Weed by OfficialAPCNig: 8:12am On Jan 13, 2023
Yoruba in Igbo means unstable and unreliable

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

City Of Joburg Cuts Off Power To Nigerian Consulate Over N11M Bill (PICS) / What Tinubu Collects From Lagos Vs What Peter Obi Collects From Anambra / APC Governor Have Seen The Downfalls Of Tinubu And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.