Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One (33469 Views)

Messi-Mbappé-Haaland : Start One, Bench One, Sell One / Messi, Neymar And Mbappe: Bench One, Start One, Sell One / Osimhen Vs Onuachu: Start One And Bench One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

During those days bro

Bale is not a striker but was way better, miles better than benzema

How someone can be putting start benzema, sell Ronaldo is just madness

Benzema that played bullshit for 12yrs just pick form 2yrs ago
I'm not holding forte for benzema. But he did not play bullshit for 12 years. That's what happens when you look at football from the angle of an individual.
Some Ronaldo fans once said that he can win champion league with eleven woods.
Now, he left Madrid and he can't even make final four.
What I'm painting for you is that benzema was well adapted to playing second fiddle to Ronaldo. Just as Vinicius is playing side kick to benzema now though it can be argued the team relies more on Vini than him.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by babajide107: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
R9 in his prime!!!omo dat guy Dey play like say na him carry all of them come.u no see how he disgrace Ghana keeper despite d fact he had gain weight o.If r9 didt have injury no one will even compare with cr7.person wey Dey collect world best right from 19 Una tin na play.person go injury come back collect world best like odas no Dey train wen he get injury..all the stats Una Dey say are base on cr7 longevity,aside dat even Ronaldo no fit go out say he better pass r9 directly in his prime.he fit just dey cap goat .I’m sure cr7 learn one or two from r9.I became a fan of cr7 cos of the original Ronaldo self lol n I’m sure dat name self gave him a platform

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Niorte: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
Verance:
In his prime R9 was unplayable. He was the most skillful top 9 football has ever witnessed. He collects a pass far from the box 18, uses a combination of insane speed and mesmerising dribbling to bamboozle defenders AND goalkeepers before scoring easily.

Kids of these days think football is all about goal statistics (achieved mostly from easy tapins) will never know how insanely good prime R9 was.

I will start prime R9, bench prime CR7 and sell prime Benzema.

I will sell Benzema instead of CR7 because CR7 is more clinical in front of goal. In terms of overall contribution to the game and entertainment offered CR7 and R9 cannot hold a candle next to R9.

The uninjured R9 of the mid-late 90's and early 00's was simply a phenomenon.
Some comments deserve prayers. God bless you.

Ronaldo Nazario De Lima was a great player doing his days.... He confronted more solid defenders than we have today and he scored more super goal keepers than we have today.

How time flies!

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Ilaje1: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
Who is committing abomination here by comparing El-Phenomenon to these people? After Pele and Maradona, it is Original Ronaldo.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by promisedeco(m): 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
Enskynelson:

Currently? Can R9 carry himself again?

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by phemmyfour: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
fergie001:

@goal.com

I will start Cristiano, sell R9 & bench Karim

Sell cristiano...bad energy stay far away
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Patoski7(m): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Dunga was not a defender
Creamypie:
cr7 no fit play against defenders Dalima faced oh. We no get professional defenders again. Then there were maldini, Thuram, desally, Walter Samuel, Ayala Fabian, taribo Lucas radebe, jaap Stan, desally, Javier zannatti, Nesta,cafu, dunga. Dem no born cr7 to test these guys

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by MERCHANDISER: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
Obainomilano:
Didn't watch much of delima but even at that cr7 is starting with the ever humble reliable Benzema on the bench ... of course delima is retired so there is no need of selling him
this one no go pass 20years cheesy
indomie generation!
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Bitchiamjay(m): 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

Lol! I don't argue with people who try to win argument by assumptions.

I am sure I watched El Fenomeno than you. He was my favourite player before CR7. In facts, in 2003 when I first saw CR7, it was the love of R9 that I transferred straight to CR7.

R9 was a great player, but not in the level of CR7, Messi, Pele or Maradona

Cr7 had more achievements than R9, no doubt! (Probably because of R9 short career that was ruined by injuries) but talent wise, Cr7 doesn’t come close to R9. Like I said earlier, R9 was phenomenal and a beast in his prime, he achieved everything in football (aside the champions league title) before clocking 23. Not in the level of Messi, Maradona, Pele? Lmfao you must be joking right?
Meanwhile, below reveals what Jose mourinho (Cr7 Fmr Coach) thinks about Cristiano and R9 lol

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by shurch(m): 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Cr7 in his prime as done x7 of what the rest will do .... This new football lovers don't know and can't know
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by MERCHANDISER: 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
maxwell530:
when you mentioned dribbling,crazy goals, speed,passes... that's when I know you didn't watch De Lima Ronaldo in his playing days.

He is a kid. He thinks football is all about cheap tapin and penalty cheesy
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by MERCHANDISER: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
Niklaus398:
and yet we won by more more than 4 goals . I can show u a bit of Ronaldo doing mad stuffs against those defenders like Staam. Abeg comot hatred for your body. It stinks

Trust me you don't really know R9. grin Its either you're a kid or you have forgotten.

Football is not all about goals, tap in and penalty
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by MERCHANDISER: 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
abdul23:
Na pure hate cause am. A whole CR7 that took EPL to a whole new level.
EPL wey Fagosen dey buy referees grin
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by MERCHANDISER: 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

Lol! I don't argue with people who try to win argument by assumptions.

I am sure I watched El Fenomeno than you. He was my favourite player before CR7. In facts, in 2003 when I first saw CR7, it was the love of R9 that I transferred straight to CR7.

R9 was a great player, but not in the level of CR7, Messi, Pele or Maradona
All the coaches that have coached the 2Ronaldos said R9 is better.
Pls go to YouTube and watch R9. Football is not all about cheap tap ins and biased penalty.

Defenders of today are soft and weak compare to early 2000 or late 90s

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by karkinase(m): 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2023
Easy one here, in their prime I’m definitely starting R9 , bench CR7 and sell Benzema
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by EdiskyHarry: 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
No player on the planet Earth can bench Cristiano Ronaldo during his prime

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by karkinase(m): 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
No player on the planet Earth can bench Cristiano Ronaldo during his prime
Seems like you don’t know R9.. man is like PELE
The whole world bow for him
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Bitchiamjay(m): 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
MERCHANDISER:
All the coaches that have coached the 2Ronaldos said R9 is better.
Pls go to YouTube and watch R9. Football is not all about cheap tap ins and biased penalty.

Defenders of today are soft and weak compare to early 2000 or late 90s

That guy didn’t watch R9, the greatest striker of all time in the history of the game. People forget a lot. Below reveals what Jose Mourinho (Cr7 Coach) said about Messi, Cristiano and R9.

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Shikena(m): 12:46am On Jan 14, 2023
MERCHANDISER:
EPL wey Fagosen dey buy referees grin
Ferguson also won the champions league twice and got in the semi-final and final many times. Whether you disagree with EPL referees' decisions or not he had the best team there. His European record was better than the other EPL teams. Abi na EPL referee dey officiate his champions league matches too?
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kenex4ever(m): 5:30am On Jan 14, 2023
Start R9 all day, bench Cr7, sell Benz
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by DesChyko: 5:34am On Jan 14, 2023
I wanted to check out Ronaldo to see if there was any aspect of his game time in early years that I missed, so as to make a proper decision, but when I typed Ronaldo in the search box, it was Cristiano Ronaldo that appeared as the result.

Even Ronaldo falls before Cristiano's feet cry
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by DesChyko: 5:35am On Jan 14, 2023
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kenex4ever(m): 5:36am On Jan 14, 2023
abdul23:

DE lima was good no doubt but he was surrounded by legends of the game both at inter Milan, At Real and At Brazil. He is a traditional 9. Not comparable to CR7. CR7 and Messi have so much raised the bar in The round leather game.
Was Cr7 not surrounded by legends??

Modric, scholes, benzema, Goligs, Kroos, Ferdinand, Rooney, Tevez, Bale, Marcelo etc. These are world class players.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Niklaus398: 6:44am On Jan 14, 2023
MERCHANDISER:

Trust me you don't really know R9. grin Its either you're a kid or you have forgotten.

Football is not all about goals, tap in and penalty
yet Ronaldo had more assists than R9 at the exact age R9 retired from football.

You didn't watch Ronaldo at United. Nigga wasn't a prolific goal scorer but he was a phenomenon. He wasn't about goals. It was about dribbling, flair etc. Or at his early days at Madrid.

Yes, pure Talent R9 is the better one but ronaldo has suppassed him.

CR7 has the highest amount of dribbling recorded for a player in CL history.
Ronaldo beat R9 in Freekicks.
Ronaldo beat R9 in headings
Every other indices.
The only thing R9 can boast of beating Ronaldo is having a little better insane dribbling than him but even at that.. it is R9 9/10 and Ronaldo 7/10. And they're not even far apart

R9 started as a striker and yet at the exact age he retired Ronaldo had had more goals scored than him. Imagine if Ronaldo has been a striker from the stats. I'm sure we will be talking about more than 1000 goals for Ronaldo then
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by KnownUnknown: 7:18am On Jan 14, 2023
DesChyko:

35 Goals grin

Those are league goals. Ronaldo scored 47 goals in 49 games in all competitions playing as a lone striker. He was 20 years old.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Tommydare(m): 7:39am On Jan 14, 2023
Na only by goals? Messi has a better goal ratio than Penaldo. Ronaldo has played more than 120 matches than Messi andthat is why he has more goals. Twenty something more than Messi after playing over 120 matches and you say Penaldo is better? Aside goals, Penaldo has nothing on Messi. Passes, creativity,
dribbles, free kicks, assists, awards, trophies,
man of the match, player of the tournament ..just name it.
Felabrity:
Don't play with me.

Ronaldo is the greatest player of All times

Argue with me if your player has the highest number of goals in football history
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by tarantino1: 8:06am On Jan 14, 2023
Enskynelson:

Currently? Can R9 carry himself again?

R9 scored a hatrrick some days ago in a charity game with fellow retired players like Zidane, Okocha and co.
He played well for 70+ minutes before being substituted and he dribbled well too. No mess with those guys o grin
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by DesChyko: 8:25am On Jan 14, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Those are league goals. Ronaldo scored 47 goals in 49 games in all competitions playing as a lone striker. He was 20 years old.

It's a pity we have to go back to when he was 20 to get the noteworthy part of his career. What about his peak years?

Ronaldo De Lima may have been all the rave when he was 19-20 but we won't disrespect those who did so consistently from their 20s down to their 30s.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by unmask: 8:42am On Jan 14, 2023
Ade1177:

If I have a penalty to save my life

Prime Cristiano is taking it

Even ahead of Messi and neymar

The shot power of Ronaldo during his prime days is unreal

All these haaland is doing now

Ronaldo has done times 7 of it for 10yrs straight Scoring more goals than total number of games played

Meaning starting a match is already 1 nil with Ronaldo

P.s
I said prime Ronaldo (25-33)
Don't start comparing him when he is old 38yrs old

Start R9, Bench Benzema, sell CR7

At their prime CR7 was the least technical. Contributed less to other phases of play and was largely dependent on others. My preferred style of football will be more foot-ball and less aerial balls
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by unmask: 8:52am On Jan 14, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm not holding forte for benzema. But he did not play bullshit for 12 years. That's what happens when you look at football from the angle of an individual.
Some Ronaldo fans once said that he can win champion league with eleven woods.
Now, he left Madrid and he can't even make final four.
What I'm painting for you is that benzema was well adapted to playing second fiddle to Ronaldo. Just as Vinicius is playing side kick to benzema now though it can be argued the team relies more on Vini than him.
Just like Rooney did for him in Man UTD. It is surprising how much underrated Benzema is/was
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by unmask: 8:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Niklaus398:
idiot. Didn't United beat AC Milan dey year before by more than 4 goals? Gtf
was CR7 in the team that beat AC Milan 4-0?

Besides anytime Man UTD beat Milan, Rooney was their best player.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by unmask: 9:00am On Jan 14, 2023
Niklaus398:
and yet United have won more games against SeriaA team than against other leagues.

If I remember correctly, there was a match United finished AC Milan by more than 4 goals
And Ronaldo wasn't involved. Infact Rooney has always been the best player against Milan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. / Enyimba Explains Why Innocent Gabriel Okey's Jersey Number Was Hand Written / Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.