Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election (3523 Views)

Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Omoyele Sowore With MKO Abiola In 1993 Fighting For Democracy (Throwback Video) / Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Lizzysamuel(f): 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2023
For those that say Igbos hate Yoruba's and trying to incite tribal wars in this 2023 Election, note that Igbos are not your problem.

For the fact that APC failed to present a credible candidate both in 2015 and this 2023 shouldn't be used to insult the sensibility of Igbos.

In 1993, MKO Abiola (SDP) contested against Bashir Tofar(NRC) and Sylvester Ugoh, an Igbo man was the running mate of Tofar and yet Igbos voted for MKO because he was more credible. MKO even won in Anambra state.

Same thing happened in the time of Obasanjo against their brother and leader Odumegwu Ojukwu.

Now that an Igbo man is in the race of 2023 election, and that same Igbo man is the most credible, what's wrong if Igbos support him?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Lizzysamuel(f): 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2023
Why the hate on Igbos now?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Leave urchins...
Obasanjo too na Igbo man

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
Out of the total votes of 1,530,119 in the then 4 SE states. Abiola got 739,748 votes.. That's about 48% votes..

SW is yet to give any SE candidate even 5%..
Yorubas should return the favor then we will get talking..

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Maazieze(m): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
Politics should not be a game of Ethnic scratch my back and i scratch yours, ignore all candidates that rely on the politics of old that led to our current predicament, any candidate that has consistent principles and a proven track record is good enough for presidency. regardless of tribe.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by yarimo(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
The same people that stone ABIOLA when he went to campaign in the east, may be you are a kid at that time and now. you don't have the opportunity to read history.
Lizzysamuel:
For those that say Igbos hate Yoruba's and trying to incite tribal wars in this 2023 Election, note that Igbos are not your problem.

For the fact that APC failed to present a credible candidate both in 2015 and this 2023 shouldn't be used to insult the sensibility of Igbos.

In 1993, MKO Abiola (SDP) contested against Bashir Tofar(NRC) and Sylvester Ugoh, an Igbo man was the running mate of Tofar and yet Igbos voted for MKO because he was more credible. MKO even won in Anambra state.

Same thing happened in the time of Obasanjo against their brother and leader Odumegwu Ojukwu.

Now that an Igbo man is in the race of 2023 election, and that same Igbo man is the most credible, what's wrong if Igbos support him?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
If Obi gets 20k votes from South west, let motor jam me

Atiku is coming

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
yarimo:
The same people that stone ABIOLA when he went to campaign in the east, may be you are a kid at that time and now. you are not opportunities to read history.

They stoned him and still gave him half of their votes, they didn't stone buhari what did buhari get?

You Yorubas are bigger tribalists, I repeat if Obi gets 20k votes in South west let motor jam me

Atiku is coming

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Paulheyman: 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:
If Obi gets 20k votes from South west, let motor jam me

Atiku is coming

Obi first, owo massacre still fresh on our minds. Muslim extremist like Atiku (not forgetting Deborah's murder and Atiku's attitude) have dealt us a heavy blow in the Southwest

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by SLAP44: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
Out of the total votes of 1,530,119 in the then 4 SE states. Abiola got 739,748 votes.. That's about 48% votes..

SW is yet to give any SE candidate even 5%..
Yorubas should return the favor then we will get talking..

The south west owes the south east about 10 million votes, we voted for Abiola, Obasanjo Osinbajo. Our yoruba brothers should vote for Peter Obi.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by SLAP44: 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

They stoned him and still gave him half of their votes, they didn't stone buhari what did buhari get?

You Yorubas are bigger tribalists, I repeat if Obi gets 20k votes in South west let motor jam me

Atiku is coming

Sorry to say obituary in advance.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Paulheyman: 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2023
SLAP44:

The south west owes the south east about 10 mining votes, we voted for Abiola, Obasanjo Osinbajo. Our yoruba brothers should vote for Peter Obi.

The Southwest doesn't owe the southeast anything. Just that Obi is better and more credible, plus the Muslim-muslim ticket can never materialize in Jesus name!

Me and my family are voting to stay alive, we are voting OBI

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Paulheyman:

Obi first, owo massacre still fresh on our minds. Muslim extremist like Atiku (not forgetting Deborah's murder and Atiku's attitude) have dealt us a heavy blow in the Southwest

I know my experience in South west recently , the best Obi can do is below 12k votes and that's even exaggerating..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
SLAP44:

Sorry to say obituary in advance.

Na bro, you'll see.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by SLAP44: 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

I know my experience in South west recently , the best Obi can do is below 12k votes and that's even exaggerating..

Thanks for promoting Obi, last 6 months you will say he cannot get a single vote from the SW. Your eyes are clearing small small.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by jmoore(m): 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

Experience powered by delusion!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by yarimo(m): 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming
stoning and giving votes are 2 different things. Why will eastheners stone ABIOLA ?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by biaframaster200: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming

Idiot..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
SLAP44:

The south west owes the south east about 10 million votes, we voted for Abiola, Obasanjo Osinbajo. Our yoruba brothers should vote for Peter Obi.
Gbam!
SE gave Abiola 48%, gave Obasanjo over 80%(twice)...
SW should return the favor, @least 40%.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
yarimo:
stoning and giving votes are 2 different things. Why will eastheners stone ABIOLA ?

My point is I don't believe they stoned abiola, if they stoned him, he won't get half their votes..

Buhari ran twice and they didn't care, despite all they saw... Makes no sense...

You don't have to lie.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by floss(m): 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ok
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by SLAP44: 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

My point is I don't believe they stoned abiola, if they stoned him, he won't get half their votes..

Buhari ran twice and they didn't care, despite all they saw... Makes no sense...

You don't have to lie.

Every Igboman in those days loved Abiola and Shina Peters. I know because my dad told me.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
jmoore:

Experience powered by delusion!

Time will tell
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by delpee(f): 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

That's a joke abi? Which South West?
Many more may decide to vote for Obi just to have a change.

8 Likes

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Paulheyman: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
yarimo:

All these Yoruba Muslims and their taqqiya.

Why did Oba of Lagos ask Igbos to drown in a lagoon? and why did Jagaban not condemn it?

We now know that you see us your fellow brothers as infidels just because of religion. If anyone tells me that you Muslims Yorubas will one day fight against us your brothers cos of religion I wouldn't believe it. A child of oduduwa an infidel cos of mere religion, just to please the north I am now my brothers worst enemy. Why must jihad start in our land why?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Alphagan(m): 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming

Why are Yorubas tribalists? Because your selfish interest of having Atiku take over after Buhari will soon hit the rock. Are you not the biggest tribalist here, why not support a southerner after the expiration of a northern rule? Where is equity and justice? Nobody is asking you to support Tinubu, is Obi not contesting? Why are you not supporting him?,,,,Oh, he’s not a northernern. My joy is, most Arewas are far more reasonable and liberal than you.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
SLAP44:

Every Igboman in those days loved Abiola and Shina Peters. I know because my dad told me.

Don't know about that, but buhari and apc is a typical example of what Igbos reject.

And abiola votes proves there was no rejection, considering his opponent had a Igbo VP.

Atiku is coming

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Conner44: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

When did you say Obi was stepping down again? Please remind us grin

6 Likes

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
Alphagan:

Why are Yorubas tribalists? Because your selfish interest of having Atiku take over after Buhari will soon hit the rock. Are you not the biggest tribalist here, why not support a southern after the expiration of a northern rule? Where is equity and justice? Nobody is asking you to support Tinubu, is Obi not contesting? Why are you not supporting him?,,,,Oh, he’s not a northernern. My joy is, most Arewas are far more reasonable and liberal than you.

There are only two candidates running Atiku and Tinubu, one thing majority of Nigerians can agree is tinubu and apc are no go areas.

Check my previous posts, I was supporting Obi during PDP primaries, but he lost..

Anything to kick out APC is what all Nigerians want

Atiku is coming
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
Conner44:

When did you say Obi was stepping down again? Please remind us grin

January 18th bro

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Conner44: 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

January 18th bro

January 18th of this year right? that’s in 5 days time abi? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
Conner44:

January 18th of this year right? that’s in 5 days time abi? cheesy

Yeah bro, I hope he doesn't postpones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fg To Audit, Strengthen Five Troubled Institutions,fmbn, Nerfund, Nexim, Others / Aviation Sector Weak, Stagnant — Report / General Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.