Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In (1455 Views)

Nigerian Army Ranks 5th On List Of Worst Armies In The World / Nigeria Rated One Of Worst Governed Countries In Africa / Nigeria Airports Made The List Of Worst Airports In Africa 2013 (see Review) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by JamesG: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
By Ayo Okulaja
September 4, 2011 04:11PM

Despite the global acclaim for current Lagos state governor for his ongoing overhauling of the city's infrastructure, Nigeria's economic and commercial capital has been ranked as the world's fourth worst city to live in.
This was revealed by the annual ‘Liveability Ranking and Overview' for the year 2011. The survey was conducted by the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) of the Economist magazine; Lagos retained its fourth position as it was ranked in 2010, after a further depreciation from 2009, when it was the fifth worst city to live in on earth.

The ranking is conducted after an assessment of living conditions in 140 cities around the world using 30 indicators cutting across the following broad categories: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure.

There are other sub-indicators for each of the categories such as the ‘availability and quality of both private and public health care' coupled with ‘general health indicators' while ‘prevalence of petty/violent crimes with threat of civil unrest/militancy' are evaluated for the stability indicator.

The incessant rush-hour traffic congestion on major roads of the metropolis; insufficient low-cost housing, and its attendant impact on the housing needs of the rapidly growing population are glaring examples of the strained infrastructure needs of the city under the infrastructure indicators.

. . . .
. . . .

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5740791-146/again_lagos_is_one_of_worst.csp
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by htajz: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
Lagos is a terrible place to reside I wonder how people survive in that city, it just doesn't make sense.
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by Onlytruth(m): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2011
Posted by: JamesG

The ranking is conducted after an assessment of living conditions in 140 cities around the world using 30 indicators cutting across the following broad categories: stability, healthcare, [size=14pt]culture and environment[/size], education, and infrastructure.

Because of the bolded category, Lagos will stay in that rank for a loooooooooong time. haha.
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by auwal87(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2011
A more bigger picture

Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by nduchucks: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2011
@auwal87, I've been following your posts and wish to inform you that you are under my radar. Most of us do not share your wish to destroy our country. You are on notice. Those who continue to support the very minority of Moslems who have hijacked islam with their warped interpretations will be vigorously opposed. Additionally, those of you who continue to support the 'leaders' who have brought nothing but sorrow to our people, have their days numbered. I'd strongly recommend that people like you should migrate to Yemen or Somalia. olodo
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by asha80(m): 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@auwal87, I've been following your posts and wish to inform you that you are under my radar. Most of us do not share your wish to destroy our country. You are on notice. Those who continue to support the very minority of Moslems who have hijacked islam with their warped interpretations will be vigorously opposed. Additionally, those of you who continue to support the 'leaders' who have brought nothing but sorrow to our people, have their days numbered. I'd strongly recommend that people like you should migrate to Yemen or Somalia. olodo

shocked grin grin grin
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by Beaf: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2011
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by alex14(m): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Alh ndu_shehu, how market? cheesy Why are you against the truth? I strongly believe that you're a beneficiary of the corruption in nigeria. The dude auwal87 speaks the truth and shall remain in his ancestral home. You on the other hand, shall be chased into niger republic or chad cool.
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by aloyemeka2: 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
Who is doing this ranking sef?. I will be a fool to believe the ranking because FOR SURE, Lagos is better than Khatoum, Accra, Cotonou, Freetown, Abidjan and co.
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by alex14(m): 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^^
A typical nigerianist living in denial,,,,meanwhile, continue suffering and smiling grin
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by aloyemeka2: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
alex_101:

^^^^
A typical nigerianist living in denial,,,,meanwhile, continue suffering and smiling grin

Its not about living in denial. This report is skewed and I know that Nigeria may be a cesspool, we are still better than others unless they didn't poll all the cities in the world.
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by nduchucks: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
alex_101:

Alh ndu_shehu, how market? cheesy Why are you against the truth? I strongly believe that you're a beneficiary of the corruption in nigeria. The dude auwal87 speaks the truth and shall remain in his ancestral home. You on the other hand, shall be chased into niger republic or chad cool.

hmmm, who are you re? This must be a newly created userid; what was your old userid, I promise not to beat me if you tell me?  Shehu ko, Seyitan ni.  angry
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by alex14(m): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

hmmm, who are you re? This must be a newly created userid; what was your old userid, I promise not to beat me if you tell me?  Shehu ko, Seyitan ni.  angry
grin grin Haba alh. ndu_shehu, it's me auwal87, your nightmare and one of the voices that will end your "one-nigeria" cool
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by nduchucks: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
alex_101:

grin grin Haba alh. ndu_shehu, it's me auwal87, your nightmare and one of the voices that will end your "one-nigeria" cool

lol, characters dey for NL. Egbe ndi Israeli, piafuka gi blockus, additionally Okwute palestinian piafuka gi isi. Ewu can beer. cheesy
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by alex14(m): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Its not about living in denial. This report is skewed and I know that Nigeria may be a cesspool, we are still better than others unless they didn't poll all the cities in the world.
Ok, e go better.
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by auwal87(m): 2:53am On Apr 27, 2012
alex_101:

Never noticed someone is claiming to be me on Nairaland This is not good!
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by ektbear: 3:37am On Apr 27, 2012
ndu_chucks: @auwal87, I've been following your posts and wish to inform you that you are under my radar. Most of us do not share your wish to destroy our country. You are on notice. Those who continue to support the very minority of Moslems who have hijacked islam with their warped interpretations will be vigorously opposed. Additionally, those of you who continue to support the 'leaders' who have brought nothing but sorrow to our people, have their days numbered. I'd strongly recommend that people like you should migrate to Yemen or Somalia. olodo

lmao cheesy grin

Up auwal87
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by Callotti: 4:58am On Apr 27, 2012
As long as it is good for 'Lagosians'. . . fine with me.
The only business I have there is MMA.
Thank God for Abuja Airport.
I pray Boko Haram does not bomb that Western concept o.
I have never ridden a horse, not to talk of a camel.

God bless Lagos State for Lagosians.
Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Re: Again, Lagos Is One Of Worst Cities To Live In by auwal87(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

lmao cheesy grin

Up auwal87

Up for where?? Abeg, make u no make SSS trace me fa... hmm

(1) (Reply)

National Honour List 2011. Are These Honours Still Honourable? / Zuma Tells African Leaders To Dump West's Economic Models / Minister Of State For Foreign Affairs Disgraced In Usa By True Naija Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.