Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. (33559 Views)

How To Create A Virtual Dollar Card For International Transaction / Exclusive: Like P&id, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas D / Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by kennybabs1980: 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
My younger brother (half brother) and his wife believes so much in online investments. I called him and advised him seriously against such phantom businesses last year July but he didn't take my advise. His wife even insulted me at a time because of the advise.

At that time he was into a particular one called Kala. He collected money from people to the tune of N9.6million in the name of trying to help them invest in Kala. The investment went under and he is now using family members to pressurize me to assist him especially to secure a loan from a particular coop society I belong to so that he can pay off four of the people he help to invest who are seriously troubling his life with police and thugs.

I am not willing to do this under any condition. I have told him to sell off our late dad's landed property if he can get a buyer but people are offering peanuts and two of our sisters (his own full sibs) are insisting on getting their own share immediately it is sold, one even said she didn't send him on online investment. If he can get buyer for the property, I can help talk to our other siblings but these two, no way!

How can I help this stobborn brother without hurting myself?

115 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by riverbird: 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
Please help him if you have the resources, this days it takes nothing for someone to get killed over peanut sad

216 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by KnowledgeIsVast(m): 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
Omo e tire me fa
Wahala raise to power 2 siblings
Make I wait for elders

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by kenedyx: 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
He has to learn how to handle his finances. Only experience can teach him so let him bear his cross. You can be there for him in other ways in terms of advice and other more critical needs.

Let everyone have their equal share from proceeds of the land sale. Then anyone who wants to can assist him.

Your bro still has a lot to learn in terms of accountability and you have to stop petting him. You don't take people's monies and play Ponzi with it.

296 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Cutehector(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2023
And how much is the land?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by panini(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2023
He hasn't learnt from MMM yet? Or agro yet? Or them "bring your money let me do crypto/Forex for you" yet?

They'll be a lot wiser after this. I wouldn't borrow money to anyone who still believes in these.

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by fman(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2023
Let him source his means!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by sisisioge: 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
Since you cant put yourself on the line to borrow for him and cant convince his siblings to allow him use the proceed from the property if sold, next stop should be his wife. She should look into talking to her family and friends about helping her husband, sebi she was a full supporter when the going was good to the tune of insulting good advisers. Biko, do only what you can do without incurring unnecessary debt on yourself to help him. A dog that is bond to get lost fails to hear the hunter's whistle. I can't fit shout biko.

219 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by kennybabs1980: 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
kenedyx:
He has to learn how to handle his finances. Only experience can teach him so let him bear his cross. You can always be there for him in other ways in terms of advice and other more critical needs.

Let everyone have their equal share of proceeds from the land sale. Then anyone who wants to assist him can.

Your bro still has a lot to learn and you have to stop petting him.
Thank you Bros, he's a very naughty guy and his wife is not helping matter. Always minding high things. This woman once pushed him to buy a Mercedes-Benz GLK on a long payment plan, they almost lost the car to the dealer when they were not paying regularly until my younger brother in Canada had to help him out. The boy in Canada is not even picking his calls nor replying his messages now. This guy has always been the most problematic member of our family.

163 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Justbehave(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
kennybabs1980:
My younger brother (half brother) and his wife believes so much in online investments. I called him and advised him seriously against such phantom businesses last year July but he didn't take my advise. His wife even insulted me at a time because of the advise. At that time he was into a particular one called Kala. He collected money from people to the tune of N9.6million in the name of trying to help them invest in Kala. The investment went under and he is now using family members to pressurize me to assist him especially to secure a loan from a particular coop society I belong to so that he can pay off four of the people he help to invest who are seriously troubling his life with police and thugs.
I am not willing to do this under any condition. I have told him to sell off our late dad's landed property if he can get a buyer but people are offering peanuts and two of our sisters (his own full sibs) are insisting on getting their own share immediately it is sold, one even said she didn't send him on online investment. If he can get buyer for the property, I can help talk to our other siblings but these two, no way! How can I help this stobborn brother without hurting myself?
His wife that was insulting you because of the advice you gave him. What's her contributions towards that? Abi she has only mouth to insult?

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by kennybabs1980: 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
sisisioge:
Since you cant put yourself on the line to borrow for him and cant convince his siblings to allow him use the proceed from the property if sold, next stop should be his wife. She should look into talking to her family and friends about helping her husband, sebi she was a full supporter when the going was good to the tune of insulting good advisers. Biko, do only what you can do without incurring unnecessary debt on yourself to help him. A dog that is bond to get lost fails to hear the hunter's whistle. I can't fit shout biko.
His wife's family no dey give shishi. To be fair to the wife's family, I heard that the father in law, a secondary school vice principal also warned them against those stupid investments which they didn't heed. Where will a school vice-principal whose salary is not been paid regularly get such money? The wife is seriously avoiding me now because of her past mischievous attitudes to me. Very arrogant girl.

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by sisisioge: 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
kennybabs1980:
His wife's family no dey give shishi. To be fair to the wife's family, I heard that the father in law, a secondary school vice principal also warned them against those stupid investments which they didn't heed. Where will a school vice-principal whose salary is not been paid regularly get such money? The wife is seriously avoiding me now because of her past mischievous attitudes to me. Very arrogant girl.

Dont worry yourself too much. They are adults, they will find a way. Just continue to put them in your prayers and only do what is convenient for you to do. The problem isn't yours, it's entirely theirs.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by kenedyx: 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Thank you Bros, he's a very naughty guy and his wife is not helping matter. Always minding high things. This woman once pushed him to buy a Mercedes-Benz GLK on a long payment plan, they almost lost the car to the dealer when they were not paying regularly until my younger brother in Canada had to help him out. The boy in Canada is not even picking his calls nor replying his messages now. This guy has always been the most problematic member of our family.

Of course he'll make the wrong choice in selecting a wife.. he's not mature.

Help him, but never stretch yourself.. you'll regret it. In particular, help him get his finances together as he's struggling with it and he will appreciate you.
Introduce him to a legit business or line he can make profits from. Then he start paying off his loans in bits or however..I'm sure the lenders will appreciate that.

12 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Stevenbright(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
kennybabs1980:
My younger brother (half brother) and his wife believes so much in online investments. I called him and advised him seriously against such phantom businesses last year July but he didn't take my advise. His wife even insulted me at a time because of the advise. At that time he was into a particular one called Kala. He collected money from people to the tune of N9.6million in the name of trying to help them invest in Kala. The investment went under and he is now using family members to pressurize me to assist him especially to secure a loan from a particular coop society I belong to so that he can pay off four of the people he help to invest who are seriously troubling his life with police and thugs.
I am not willing to do this under any condition. I have told him to sell off our late dad's landed property if he can get a buyer but people are offering peanuts and two of our sisters (his own full sibs) are insisting on getting their own share immediately it is sold, one even said she didn't send him on online investment. If he can get buyer for the property, I can help talk to our other siblings but these two, no way! How can I help this stobborn brother without hurting myself?

Don't stand for him on any loan collection venture because you will be setting yourself up.

The option of selling the family landed property is good, just help him get a good buyer if possible.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Tokskob2008: 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Make dat him wife wey insult you help am go get loan from wherever she can abeg..... I hate when I try my best to let someone see the right way but they still end up doing otherwise only to come back later and start pestering me when trouble starts.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by DaddyRochie1642: 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
riverbird:
Please help him if you have the resources, this days it takes nothing for someone to get killed over peanut sad

You indeed have a heart, you will be exalted beyond your heart desires

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by superCleanworks(m): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
Fly wey no dey hear word.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by riverbird: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
DaddyRochie1642:

You indeed have a heart, you will be exalted beyond your heart desires

Amen

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
If your brother has the mind to ask you to help him secure a loan, then it means He wants to transfer his problems to you. Who doesn't know how complicated loan issues are?. He is even lucky that there is a property he can sell off, let him focus his attention on how to find a buyer. Let him and his wife sell off all their personal valuable stuffs.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Socratiz: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
I don't advise you stand as a guarantor for him to take any loan, not even N200.

Don't be surprised that once he gets some money he could reinvest it in another online biz so as to earn their phantom profit.

The best I would advise is to give him what you can afford to forget, not a loan that you'd expect him to repay.

They are adults, let them face their music

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by CodeTemplar: 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
Money doubling gone wrong.

They won't learn.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by player007(m): 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
kennybabs1980:

I invested in it too.lost 400k+.
Thank God I didn’t borrow money to invest.
If this issue pushes him to suicide, you will blame yourself for not helping.
Don’t jeopardize your work because of him.
Help him the little way you can.
Shalom ��

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Thermodynamics(m): 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Do not take any loan for him, you will just transfer his problem and put on your head, it's not worth it.

Also, do not borrow him the money, he will not pay back and at the end of the day, na quarrel and bitterness go end am.

If you eventually ignore this advice and choose to borrow him the money or take a loan for him it's okay, but the next time someone call you a fool, do not get angry cus that's what you are.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Kobicove(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Every family has a useless, irresponsible, good-for-nothing sibling a.k.a the black sheep.

The best way to treat the black sheep of the family is to completely ignore him and let him destroy himself if he so wishes!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Mpcoll001: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobicove:

Every family has a useless, irresponsible, good-for-nothing sibling aka the black sheep.

The best way to treat the black sheep of the family is to completely ignore him and let him destroy himself if he so wishes!
which kain advice be this nítorí Ọlọhun grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by IsellSmartTvs: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2023
I thought everyone got wiser with Time

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Gadafii: 2:39am On Jan 15, 2023
The business name is “kala”, so OP dajupa

Make his wife family help them

16 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Starz825(m): 8:52am On Jan 15, 2023
kenedyx:
He has to learn how to handle his finances. Only experience can teach him so let him bear his cross. You can be there for him in other ways in terms of advice and other more critical needs.

Let everyone have their equal share from proceeds of the land sale. Then anyone who wants to can assist him.

Your bro still has a lot to learn in terms of accountability and you have to stop petting him. You don't take people's monies and play Ponzi with it.

Funny enough....those guys who dropped their money are aware of the Ponzi scheme....na greed dey do everybody

8 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Starz825(m): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2023
Mpcoll001:
which kain advice be this nítorí Ọlọhun grin grin grin

You dey mind am

People don't know the worth of siblings....

And it's down to 5he fact that they are not trained well

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 15, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Size of the landed property?

Location?

Price?

Asap please!

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by RZArecta(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Don't EVER stand as guarantor for another person's loan. He should sell off that property and beg his sisters. I repeat, don't EVER stand as guarantor for anyone who wants to collect a loan especially when that person is obviously financially unintelligent. Na you go face the warrant later

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by faithfull18(f): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
RZArecta:
Don't EVER stand as guarantor for another person's loan. He should sell off that property and beg his sisters. I repeat, don't EVER stand as guarantor for anyone who wants to collect a loan especially when that person is obviously financially unintelligent. Na you go face the warrant later
Full stop, it's even in the Bible, Proverbs to be precise, only a fool will do that, it's not trying to help, it's foolishness.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd1 / Charles Ponzi: The Greatest Scam Artist In History / My Advice To Those Still Into MMM..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.