Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians (47617 Views)

EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys’ Hideouts In Ekiti, Arrests 37 (photos) / EFCC Raids Club 360 Ibadan. Many Arrested and Others Injured / EFCC Raids Automobile Company They Claim Is Owned By Yahoo Boys, Seize 29 cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Illegal1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
FERNANDEZISBACK:
This seem very old! undecided
our big aunty...
longest tym,were hv u been?
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Jakumo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
onegig:
I have had to triage about 5 cyber breaches in the last 6months. Guess the IP location of the attackers trying to gain access to compromised accounts in all of these cases?

Lagos, Nigeria.

It's incredibly saddening you are doing a job as a Nigerian and having to make a report to blacklist your fellow country men from opportunities because a few bag eggs have soiled the well water for others. We wouldn't know the effects on businesses till everything moves to cloud in about 5years and Nigerians can not access shit, can not work from home for foreign coys because their country is blacklisted from the whole world.

Make una continue dey hail them.

Any mention of the documented fact that Nigerian nationals rank among the most prolific online criminals, is seen by many Nigerians as a denouncement of the entire nation's population, and that in turn fires up quite a few people to stoutly defend Nigeria as a purely patriotic gesture, without much thought given to the international repercussions of those crimes perpetrated by Nigerians, or to the devastating impact such a crime wave has on the reputation of ALL law-abiding Nigerians who travel the world.
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by musicwriter(m): 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
joyandfaith:

In old oyo empire, slaves were acquired for agricultural purposes. There were arab slave traders before European slave traders. Slavery is Slavery. Killing is killing whether it is for organ harvest or religious sacrifice.

Arabs or Europeans aren't African. They both brought commercial (buying and selling) slave trade to Africa and changed our perception of slavery. Yet, Arabs I believe only acquired males whom they castrated and used for domestic purposes. So, even to the Arabs, a slave meant something different. I don't know when you all would get it
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Morphinne: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
DWJOBScom:

Watch the Discovery channel or Google and see how they arrest their citizens who engage in crime.
It's better you are not caught in those countries unless you are in North Korea
Sadly, you missed the point. I didn’t say they were not being arrested at all (read my writeup again)
Show me news headlines showing youths from those countries I listed being arrested and forced to take mugshots for scamming foreigners just like it’s being done here in Nigeria. How many Indian youths have you seen being busted, harassed photographed, filmed and posted on the internet for the world to see? If it was being done like that in those countries, then believe me, ppl like you would have known better that Nigeria is not the cyber crime capital that your mumu government is foolishly portraying the country and you to be . Again, I am not making a case for these criminals but Nigeria is not among the top five countries with the highest number of advanced cyber/romance scam, the yahoo boys you see on your street are just some noisy riff-raffs who know nothing other than sweet-talking old, lonely women (romance scam) and greedy young men and women (sugar babies) for their vital information for the purpose of getting money off them. Believe me, most of these loc-carrying boys you see aren’t into advanced cyber crimes like the media is trying to portray them to be (at least, they are not intelligent enough). Even those that call themselves loaders are sourcing the tools and documents they use from those white folks and Indians.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by DWJOBScom(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
Morphinne:

Sadly, you missed the point. I didn’t say they were not being arrested at all (read my writeup again)
Show me news headlines showing youths from those countries I listed being arrested and forced to take mugshots for scamming foreigners just like it’s being done here in Nigeria. How many Indian youths have you seen being busted, harassed photographed, filmed and posted on the internet for the world to see? If it was being done like that in those countries, then believe me, ppl like you would have known better that Nigeria is not the cyber crime capital that your mumu government is foolishly portraying the country and you to be . Again, I am not making a case for these criminals but Nigeria is not among the top five countries with the highest number of advanced cyber/romance scam, the yahoo boys you see on your street are just some noisy riff-raffs who know nothing other than sweet-talking old, lonely women (romance scam) and greedy young men and women (sugar babies) for their vital information for the purpose of getting money off them. Believe me, most of these loc-carrying boys you see aren’t into advanced cyber crimes like the media is trying to portray them to be (at least, they are not intelligent enough). Even those that call themselves loaders are sourcing the tools and documents they use from those white folks and Indians.

There's no point in your long line of words
Wether young or old , it doesn't matter
They are all arrested
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Morphinne: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
DWJOBScom:

There's no point in your long line of words
Wether young or old , it doesn't matter
They are all arrested

Not arguing with you either, kindly send us links and mugshot pictures sir. That’s all I asked for wink
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Benbellamor: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kajaard:
Why is this old story making the front page?

Seun this story is over 15 years old.

What's going on with nairaland?

It's a video called The BIg Sting done in 2007
its seems that you're part of them
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Kajaard: 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Benbellamor:
its seems that you're part of them

Don't be stupid. This is a story I watched years ago while still in the country and it was posted here like in 2009.

A big forum like this should not be recycling old stories.
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Solocoin: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Wise guy keep educating the idiots. They are still scamming us o on daily basis, keep looting our resources without paying for it, keep sponsoring Boko haram, Iswap, IPOB, to cause confusion and steal resources

Honestly I don't know how they can commit this kind of evil and still complain when other's follow them and do the same thing.
All these scamming of a thing start from there.
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by onilanre(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jakumo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVHLiVT4eeM

The TV documentary series called "60 Minutes, Australia", recently aired an expose on how Nigerian scammers working online are destroying lives in Australia. This footage included a dramatic raid on a 419 scam house filled with computers and scammers at work.

For those who wonder why Nigerians are treated like criminals wherever they travel on this planet, look no further than the effects of the Yahoo Boys internet scam artists.

Who push this old video to the front page?
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Jakumo(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
onilanre:

Who push this old video to the front page?

Oga no fess. Na for village I dey live. We no get light. Na battery we dey take look TV for night.
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Illegal1:

our big aunty...

longest tym,were hv u been?
Fine.. thank you.. how are ya?
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by theamazonguru(m): 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bmaster:
the oyinbo guys are the most heartless scammers of all Time.

Where do I start from ?
They will build a scam coin,hype it and when we blacks fall for it, they'll RUG pull and went home with billions of dollars.
I am not in support of scam from Nigerians,but the oyinbos are also not to be Trusted.

I .no just fit laugh.
Na so Dem come with One Billion Coin one time.
Luckily, I bought it at a ridiculously low price, @ N1 per coin. I kept it. Waited for the price to rise, it rose to N30,000/coin.
I sold mine for N10,000/coin and some at N20,000.
My only regret is not selling all. Lol.
I was hoping it will one day hit N1M/coin as predicted.
Lo and behold,few months later we discovered we have been scammed.
It was a shit coin.
No use case
No tokenomics.
Zero general adoption prospect.

However, I was kind of happy as I no doubt cashed out. Though I really felt for those guys that bought from me.
But what can one do.

It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by fotadmowmend(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Old video..... Mobile phones made it worse
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by Silentgroper(m): 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Fine.. thank you.. how are ya?
Hahahahaha.. grin
Big aunty
rotflmao.
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by makavalley(m): 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
They don't know this , this foreigners and the countries you listed know how to cover up their own criminals they know to control the narratives painting thiers fair while making Nigerians worst than them

ednut1:
indians, russians and Chinese scams more than Nigerians abroad but no one treats them badly. Most scammers in Canada are Indians by the way but the Indian community is still making strides
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by DWJOBScom(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
Morphinne:

Not arguing with you either, kindly send us links and mugshot pizctures sir. That’s all I asked for wink

Funny
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by makavalley(m): 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
People do not really know we are not top crime committing country but the media narrative has made it look the chief of crime resides in Nigerians ...they know how to cover theirs in the eyes of media while they paint us black
Morphinne:

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by onegig(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jakumo:

Any mention of the documented fact that Nigerian nationals rank among the most prolific online criminals, is seen by many Nigerians as a denouncement of the entire nation's population, and that in turn fires up quite a few people to stoutly defend Nigeria as a purely patriotic gesture, without much thought given to the international repercussions of those crimes perpetrated by Nigerians, or to the devastating impact such a crime wave has on the reputation of ALL law-abiding Nigerians who travel the world.

Exactly. Every single country has its own criminals but when you have 1000s of people sending millions of scam emails daily and they happen to be from a specific country. It doesn't take time for people to associate such a country as the den of such criminals and for people to start forming biases and this shaping policy against such a country.
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by darediamond(m): 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bmaster:

Where do I start from ?
They will build a scam coin,hype it and when we blacks fall for it, they'll RUG pull and went home with billions of dollars.
I am not in support of scam from Nigerians,but the oyinbos are also not to be Trusted.
You still dey buy and old coins instead of doing Manual or Auto Intra-Exchange Triangle Crypto Arbitrage where I buy and sell coins nearly instantly for Profit.

The best crypto exchange to use for this is BINANCE mind you.

Mo mo ona ti oya, mo ya gbe okada! !!
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by space9880: 12:21am On Jan 16, 2023
Jakumo:

Scammers do exist and operate all over the world for sure, BUT those in Nigeria do constitute a far greater percentage of the general population than is the case anywhere else on the planet, with the possible exception of Jamaica, where lottery scam practitioners are numerous and prolific in their own crime wave.
I sorry for you, those oyinbos are cashing out billions of dollars with their scam na play we just dey play
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by litaninja(m): 3:58am On Jan 16, 2023
Internet explorer

Jakumo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVHLiVT4eeM

The TV documentary series called "60 Minutes, Australia", recently aired an expose on how Nigerian scammers working online are destroying lives in Australia. This footage included a dramatic raid on a 419 scam house filled with computers and scammers at work.

For those who wonder why Nigerians are treated like criminals wherever they travel on this planet, look no further than the effects of the Yahoo Boys internet scam artists.
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by onilanre(m): 6:19am On Jan 16, 2023
Jakumo:

Oga no fess. Na for village I dey live. We no get light. Na battery we dey take look TV for night.

Lol
Re: EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys Scamming Australians by PROPEACE: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Bmaster:

Where do I start from ?
How much of bitcoins did 'we blacks' buy compared to them? Learn to call a spade a spade. South Africans, Kenyans and Zimbabwe and are not treated like criminals abroad. Why Nigerians? Ask yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Siblings Found Dead With Powder On Their Mouths In Lagos Shop (pic) / I Was At The Robbery Scene To Patronize Prostitutes: Suspect Confess(pic) / Dangote Denies Being Among Hostages At Radisson Blu Hotel, Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.