Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Going To Ibadan For The First Time - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going To Ibadan For The First Time (12613 Views)

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Air Peace To Commence Flights To Ibadan, Bags Excellence Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2023
Like the topic states, I don't know anyone there, going for a contract I got and I'll be there for 2 months, please people with knowledge of Ibadan how is the place? And how are the people? Also can one recommend any cheap hotel or guest house with their price... Somewhere short term where I can just pass the night. Please your input would be highly appreciated.thanks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Msn4barca(m): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2023
Lee99:
Like the topic states, I don't know anyone there, going for a contract I got and I'll be there for 2 months, please people with knowledge of Ibadan how is the place? And how are the people? Also can one recommend any cheap hotel or guest house with their price... Somewhere short term where I can just pass the night. Please your input would be highly appreciated.thanks
You are welcome.

Ibadan is a nice place to be.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Holybwoy: 9:56am On Jan 15, 2023
Lee99:

What kind of contract?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by SirKay3(m): 9:58am On Jan 15, 2023
Ibadan is a very cool place to stay or live in. All depends on your pocket. I live in Ibadan. Which area is the contract location. This is to advise you better on the area where to get hotel accommodation, for easy access to your location

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 15, 2023
Ibadan is nice. Welcome to my city. I can only advice you if I know the area you're going to be at, the local government.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by ibkayee(f): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2023
Never lived there before but from my visits it’s always been an easygoing, calm place for me

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by olasaad(f): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2023
Holybwoy:

What kind of contract?

Haha what is your own tongue

14 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
Holybwoy:

What kind of contract?
Government kind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
SirKay3:
Ibadan is a very cool place to stay or live in. All depends on your pocket. I live in Ibadan. Which area is the contract location. This is to advise you better on the area where to get hotel accommodation, for easy access to your location
I'll be going for a meeting at the Federal Secretariat Ibadan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Olasyke:
Ibadan is nice. Welcome to my city. I can only advice you if I know the area you're going to be at, the local government.
Should be Ibadan, the vehicle driver says he'll stop me at Iwo road

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Holybwoy: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
Lee99:

Government kind

I asked because I know you will need assistance and we could offer help in anyway..

Would you like to share more privately?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by SirKay3(m): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Lee99:
Should be Ibadan, the vehicle driver says he'll stop me at Iwo road

If the driver is stopping you at Iwo Road, take a bike from there to UI (University of Ibadan). Alight at the gate, walk in and take Keke napep to UI Conference centre. UI runs a guest house, which is affordable, though not too sure of the price. I don't think it's up to 10K per night.

You can go to Federal Secretariat from there. It's a straight road and close to Customs building. Your transport fares to and fro should be #400 daily. There are also good restaurants around UI Agbowo area for your feeding.

I hope this helps.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by cletz991(m): 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
Wetin? Na u get the contract
Holybwoy:

What kind of contract?

10 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
SirKay3:

If the driver is stopping you at Iwo Road, take a bike from there to UI (University of Ibadan). Alight at the gate, walk in and take Keke napep to UI Conference centre. UI runs a guest house, which is affordable, though not too sure of the price. I don't think it's up to 10K per night.

You can go to Federal Secretariat from there. It's a straight road and close to Customs building. Your transport fares to and fro should be #400 daily. There are also good restaurants around UI Agbowo area for your feeding.

I hope this helps.
Wow thanks a lot it really does, I also responded to your email request

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by tundeblack: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
UI guest house is now more than 15k . You can get affordable housing around ashi, bodija btw 5 and 7k

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by stonemind(f): 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by dawnomike(m): 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
You are welcome to town!!!

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
You'll enjoy sumptuous meal Amala and gbegiri.
More importantly, safe place unlike Ipob Terrorized region

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by fergie001: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
Good place, sweet people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Zonefree(m): 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
Just guard your skull diligently, you'll be fine.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by ZINNYBANKS: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
Guys pls where can one get almond in large quantity In Ibadan pls .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Eriokanmi: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
I lived in ibadan for years. Ibadan is cheap in lifestyle. Food there is the cheapest in the entire south,.likewise transport and accommodation. You sound like a contractor and a bit comfortable so, you can get good hotels around bodija, ring road axis, depending on your project or contract site/location.

Ibadan is generally safe and peaceful but don't do like a rich man by putting on bling-bling or expensive wrist watch. Just go low-key. Cos for naija of today, no lose guard my brother. Enjoy your stay

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Kenneth10110(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Nice place to be stayed in Ibadan close to 15 years. Its lifely with enough night life then cost of living isn't much compared to other places.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by OlawaleBammie: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
Go to cimoh hotel, u will see room as low as 3500 per night, and it's manageable unless u have plenty of cash to spend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Boyooosa(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Depending on your location and your personality....

If you need madness, you will get, if you need cool/decent life, you will get.

Tell me your budget and your contract area so that I can guide you appropriately

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Treasure17(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Nice place but be careful wth micra car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by OlawaleBammie: 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I lived in ibadan for years. Ibadan is cheap in lifestyle. Food there is the cheapest in the entire south,.likewise teqnsport and accommodation.
But Una go still open mouth to abuse them, shioor

4 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Adonisteve: 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ibadan lo mọ̀, o ò mo láyípo grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by obainojazz(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
One of the best place I’ve lived…Nice people and a lot less stressful than Lagos

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Third Batch: Another 180 Nigerians Return From Libya On Tuesday / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? / Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.