Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Going To Ibadan For The First Time - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going To Ibadan For The First Time (12618 Views)

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Air Peace To Commence Flights To Ibadan, Bags Excellence Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by kingsways: 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
Wao
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Elate28(m): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
You can also get hotel very close to Federal sec. And cheap enough, ranging from Koltol, albino adjacent option 27 and much more.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Eriokanmi: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
But Una go still open mouth to abuse them, shioor
Abuse who? How can I abuse my own people? Some people would just talk as if their mouth is located at the anus. Iru isokuso wo leleyii?
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Alawode01(m): 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Don't lose guard here, know who is who?
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Kaiser20: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
cletz991:
Guard your skull very well.
Be vigilant
Ibadan is not in Ogün State naa!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Menclothing: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Enjoy your stay

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by backtovillage: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Avoid late journey or movement in any SW na my 2 cent b that.
SW is the safest but guard your skull.
Be careful of taxi drivers (in da night)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by sageb: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
Like the topic states, I don't know anyone there, going for a contract I got and I'll be there for 2 months, please people with knowledge of Ibadan how is the place? And how are the people? Also can one recommend any cheap hotel or guest house with their price... Somewhere short term where I can just pass the night. Please your input would be highly appreciated.thanks

Ibadan is a nice city with hospitable people.

5 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Injera(f): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
SirKay3:

If the driver is stopping you at Iwo Road, take a bike from there to UI (University of Ibadan). Alight at the gate, walk in and take Keke napep to UI Conference centre. UI runs a guest house, which is affordable, though not too sure of the price. I don't think it's up to 10K per night.

You can go to Federal Secretariat from there. It's a straight road and close to Customs building. Your transport fares to and fro should be #400 daily. There are also good restaurants around UI Agbowo area for your feeding.

I hope this helps.
Bike from Iwo to ui Too far na

4 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Kennyliga112: 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
Like the topic states, I don't know anyone there, going for a contract I got and I'll be there for 2 months, please people with knowledge of Ibadan how is the place? And how are the people? Also can one recommend any cheap hotel or guest house with their price... Somewhere short term where I can just pass the night. Please your input would be highly appreciated.thanks
There is nice guest house located at née bodija.Aplus guest house it’s like 100 naira bike to secrteriat… 6 or 7k daily .u can discuss with the manager for like 5k daily when u are staying long

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by blank(f): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
thanks

Ibadan is not expensive. From Iwo road, make your way to Federal Secretariat in Agodi. There are many hotels around the Secretariat. Check Inn, Vacation Haus, etc. which are about 25k a night. There are others nearby that are cheaper but not as good facilities.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by shegra58: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:

Wow thanks a lot it really does, I also responded to your email request
true anywhere around agbowo UI down to bodija is nice and straight forward to Secretariat but take your eyes off Olosho around Awolowo junction grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by dadebayo1(m): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:

Welcome to my city... you have come to pack our small money away to your base. All the best with the contract.. be careful make them Bodija babes with big bumbum no carry all your profit waka

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by babtoundey(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I lived in ibadan for years. Ibadan is cheap in lifestyle. Food there is the cheapest in the entire south,.likewise transport and accommodation. You sound like a contractor and a bit comfortable so, you can get good hotels around bodija, ring road axis, depending on your project or contract site/location.

Ibadan is generally safe and peaceful but don't do like a rich man by putting on bling-bling or expensive wrist watch. Just go low-key. Cos for naija of today, no lose guard my brother. Enjoy your stay

Lol. Ibadan was cheap. It's not as cheap as it used to be.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by brain54(m): 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ibadan is relatively cheaper at least compared to Lagos…

If you have survived in Lagos I am very sure you will cope with Ibadan.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Eriokanmi: 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2023
babtoundey:

Still the cheapest today
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by doyin01: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Still the cheapest today

False...ibadan is cheaper than lagos....but not the cheapest in South West...osogbo is cheaper.. but I prefer ibadan because ibadan is a bigger and better city in my own opinion..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
The thing is that you can make enquiry for a guest based on your budget from places like basorun, ashi, bodija or mokola when you come to ibadan from iwo road. These are areas close to secretariat. You can also get the food you want from varieties of restaurants around depending on the amount you want to spend for food.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by olaeffect(m): 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
I just noticed that nobody even asked which part of the country you are coming from?
I feel where you are coming from will give us a sense of which part of Ibadan will be most appealing to you grin
If you are coming from the Northern part of Nigeria, I will recommend hotels in mokola, sabo, eleyele axis.
Coming from the east/southeast, I will recommend challenge, ring road axis.
Coming from any other part of Nigeria, bodija, ashi, will be better.

Make Una no mind me ooo.
Just trying to pull op legs small.

8 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by kay29000(m): 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
babtoundey:

True. It's not as cheap as it used to be.

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by tunnex190: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
Since your dealings are with Federal Secretariat, find accommodation around Bodija and Basorun. These are great areas where you can feel safe and enjoy your night life.

3 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Putinofrussia: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
There are highbrow areas and low budget areas,just specify.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by kay29000(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Still the cheapest today

What is still cheap in Ibadan? Transportation is no longer cheap. Housing is no longer cheap... Home appliances, phones etc has never been cheap in Ibadan... It's only raw food that is still relatively cheap.

By the way, I live in Ibadan, and also spend a lot of time in lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Xedmark: 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
There's an hotel around Ojoo that is decent a bit. It's just 4k per night. It's neat but no AC and there's no 24hrs generator they only put on the gen by 6pm and off it by 7am. Although the light around the area is okay a bit above average. Charis hotel from there to the federal secretariat is 200 so to and fro will be 400naira per day

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lolachef(f): 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lies.
cletz991:
Guard your skull very well.
Be vigilant
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by davidtemi(m): 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Anywhere u enter in ibadan u will find ashawo house. They are very friendly, u will like it. Go to molete
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lolachef(f): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
Nibo?Still better than Lagos tho.
Eriokanmi:
Still the cheapest today

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by kay29000(m): 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
olaeffect:
I just noticed that nobody even asked which part of the country you are coming from?
I feel where you are coming from will give us a sense of which part of Ibadan will be most appealing to you grin
If you are coming from the Northern part of Nigeria, I will recommend hotels in mokola, sabo, eleyele axis.
Coming from the east/southeast, I will recommend challenge, ring road axis.
Coming from any other part of Nigeria, bodija, ashi, will be better.

Make Una no mind me ooo.
Just trying to pull op legs small.

Nice one. I agree with you.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by AYNL: 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
davidtemi:
Anywhere u enter in ibadan u will find ashawo house. They are very friendly, u will like it. Go to molete

lol

bro no kill me na
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by OlawaleBammie: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Abuse who? How can I abuse my own people? Some people would just talk as if their mouth is located at the anus. Iru isokuso wo leleyii?
Eeyaahh

Abeer'Olorun... Get out

We no dey see Una post??
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by davidtemi(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
AYNL:

lol

bro no kill me na

grin jokes apart bro, no corner wey ashawo no dey for ibadan, and like I said, dey are very nice.
I go poly, I go university in ibadan so I knw Wella.

Them dey get new recruit from Edo and Delta every Friday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Third Batch: Another 180 Nigerians Return From Libya On Tuesday / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? / Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.