Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? (32180 Views)

Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? / A 21-year-old Man Who Drank 4 Energy Drinks A Day Hospitalized / Does Taking Medicines With Soft Drinks Really Cause Heart Stone? If Yes, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Adakintroy: 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Here how to say it. There is no replacement for energy naturally. If you loose your energy you lost it end.

Most men who Like energy drinks like bars. And bar men like girls and sex equal energy absorption. Normally when you tired or streess your energy is stilled stored. No matter how much you work the more you energy return harder. Thats the meaning in workout the more strain habits you take on the more intensly stronger you get. You only learn hence to control it. So less say if you sleep you reboot it. But if you loose it through sperm motion aka sex. Its gone. Sex is life literarily. Energy is command of life. Once you start giving it out rapidly you loose energy. There is No replacement. Whatever is measured is probably sensory trigger. It does not amount to same. The way flavor drinks trick the taste bud.

Don't fucck anyhow. You will loose energy. Thats when people naturally needs those things. you are fine otherwise

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by BabaAgba79(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:
I want to know if energy drinks like Climax, Redbull, Fearless are really that bad. I was advised to reduce my alcohol intake last year April after a serious Ulcer incidence, so I decided to give up alcohol. I haven't taken alcohol since then, but occasionally, I take Climax or Redbull energy drink when I hang out with friends. So, yesterday, when I wanted to order for Climax, this guy seated next to me (a friend of a friend), started talking about how bad energy drinks were. He advised I take juice instead, or Malt. Mind you, this guy was taken raw liquor.

I'm very antisocial, and an introvert. Alcohol always set me in the right mood back in the day, but now that I don't take it, I really don't like how I am when everyone else around me is in high spirit, from taken alcohol, so I decided to take energy drinks once in a while...like just one a week. But I've been hearing about how bad they are. How bad are they really, if one takes just a can a week?

Alcohol is not the cause of ulcer. Take ur bottles moderately. There are millions who dont take alcohol but suffer from ulcer. Stop taking pain killers and reduce pepper intake. After eating, take ur bottles and pls dont go beyond 2 bottles for stout. Eat b4 u take alcohol. Stop pelebe, spirit, kaikai and other strong drink. Drink water as u drink pls. Contact me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Ayomipoe(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
I think it depends on your metabolism and your potential for addiction.
I have taken a bottle of Fearless everyday for the past week. Sh*t fuc_ks with you, I always have heart palpitations after consuming it. Yet I still drink it.
Hoping this week, its black coffee that will give me my boost.

2 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Jokerman(m): 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
Yes o.

Too much sugar
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
BabaAgba79:

Alcohol is not the cause of ulcer. Take ur bottles moderately. There are millions who dont take alcohol but suffer from ulcer

I guessed so too, but mehn! Those doctors that handled my case made it seem like alcohol is more dangerous than it is. Once they heard I drink, they were like, ah, that most be the cause... Even when I told them I wasn't a heavy drinker... Just one or two bottles of stout a week.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ayomipoe:
I have taken a bottle of Fearless everyday for the past week. Sh*t fuc_ks with you, I always have heart palpitations after consuming it. Yet I still drink it.

What would you say is the reason why you take fearless so regularly?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by touchLife: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy

Just see the response someone that asked a question is giving to someone that took time to answer his question undecided

How do you want that guy that responded to you to feel now?

If people avoid giving contributions how will the forum grow?

I thought I was the only one that noticed the op was somewhat rude with his replies.

7 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by meobizy(f): 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Leave the native fowls here and ask a health professional. The health section here is a waste of time.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Mercury12(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Mostly caffeine and sugar. I know that. I just wanted people to speak more on this. People drink coffee every day...some people drink juices with high sugar content every day...so what's the big deal with one can of redbull or climax once a week.

Caffeine is bad for anyone that has ulcer. It also gives heartburn. Energy drinks contain a lot of it. It best you avoid drinks and medicines that contains caffeine
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by shineeye1: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:
I want to know if energy drinks like Climax, Redbull, Fearless are really that bad. I was advised to reduce my alcohol intake last year April after a serious Ulcer incidence, so I decided to give up alcohol. I haven't taken alcohol since then, but occasionally, I take Climax or Redbull energy drink when I hang out with friends. So, yesterday, when I wanted to order for Climax, this guy seated next to me (a friend of a friend), started talking about how bad energy drinks were. He advised I take juice instead, or Malt. Mind you, this guy was taken raw liquor.

I'm very antisocial, and an introvert. Alcohol always set me in the right mood back in the day, but now that I don't take it, I really don't like how I am when everyone else around me is in high spirit, from taken alcohol, so I decided to take energy drinks once in a while...like just one a week. But I've been hearing about how bad they are. How bad are they really, if one takes just a can a week?

Congrats for your constant revolt against your God given introvert nature. Become an extrovert by force and the whole world will be given to you as you badly desire. Since you cannot see introverts that have made success of their lives through focused self development, your only found route to success is becoming what you were not made to be! Again I say congrats to the evolving extrovert!
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by clydecarson(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Yes it's really bad...last year I survived heart palpitation due to energy drink I take and especially coffee which contains caffeine,please stop taking energy drink it kills faster
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by BabaAgba79(m): 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

I guessed so too, but mehn! Those doctors that handled my case made it seem like alcohol is more dangerous than it is. Once they heard I drink, they were like, ah, that most be the cause... Even when I told them I wasn't a heavy drinker... Just one or two bottles of stout a week.

My dear bodies difder. I take alcohol everyday. I have ulcer. But not chronic. I go for test every six months for liver, kidney. I do sugar every month. My body is used to alcohol at least a bottle daily after work. I dont feel ulcer until I take peppered soup or peppered fish but not chronic. I started mananing ulcer 2017 because of lime taking and pain killer. I stopped lime, lemon, pain killers and peace ensued.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Kajaard: 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
touchLife:

I thought I was the only one that noticed the op was somewhat rude with his replies.

The guy is very rude and neuseating.

7 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by charlesdinho7(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
energy drinks are only bad when you take them too much. if they are bad, nafdac would have banned it...

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by damble: 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
austin4real:

Ginger Beer
Ginger Ale
Tonic and Lime
Chapman and Mocktails.
Red wine once in a while.
ETC

Sorry, are all these drinks in Nigerian market?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
shineeye1:

Congrats for your constant revolt against your God given introvert nature. Become an extrovert by force and the whole world will be given to you as you badly desire. Since you cannot see introverts that have made success of their lives through focused self development, your only found route to success is becoming what you were not made to be! Again I say congrats to the evolving extrovert!

Dude, I never said I wanted to be an extrovert. I'm cool with being introverted, but some times (once or twice a month), I find myself in gatherings where I need to do a little more talking and mingling than usual.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
clydecarson:

Yes it's really bad...last year I survived heart palpitation due to energy drink I take and especially coffee which contains caffeine,please stop taking energy drink it kills faster

Okay.

By the way, how many cans/bottles of energy drink were you consuming weekly?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Streetmovement(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Another man's food is another man's poison

Know your body and choose the food or Poison that suits your body perfectly.

You should know this by now

Act according to your body's reaction base on what you take everyday, be it food or drinks.

That's how you get to know your body and it allergies
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
fastseo:
Alcohol, energy drink and most carbonated drink put the liver and other organ at stress and it takes days to take this toxic out. If you are suffering from any chronic disease you might be asked to stay from this drink. If u have any liver disease you will be asked to stay off this completely.
Another thing you should be concerned is salt, magi and fried stuff .... Excess of this are bad to the body .

Best oil to cook your meal is olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil because they actually withstand high temperature and are not cancerous and good for the heart.

The best drink is water, and you should try and take a glass every hour even when u are not tasty. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables

If you want to stay healthy and leave long life you should ensure you watch what you eat now.... Liver, kidney, heart etc should not be put under durex by this nonsense junk we eat cos they slowly harm

but caffeine is good for the liver
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Jackanda1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Do energy drinks make you more social? I have a problem with social interaction.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Tripleoluwa(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
The sugar in energy drinks is around 13 to 14gram, which isn't bad. At least, men should take like 36gram or 9 teaspoon of sugar daily and less for women.

Energy drinks no bad. Just watch out for too much sugar

2 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Originalsly: 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Energy drinks are basically high doses of concentrated sugar or caffeine that will give you that energy rush. Once a week... moderate. Would you consider sitting down and eating a kilo of sugar once a week?... will you consider that moderate? ... why wouldn't you? Energy drinks stresses the heart ... the liver .. and the kidneys. After drinking Energy drink ... don't you feel all good and powerful and energetic? A few hours later ... don't you fell worse than before you drank it? That's the reason it becomes like an addiction... highs and lows. If your heart is not that good ... one night you may go to sleep never to wake up again ... ever... and that has been happening to many young men who drink Energy drinks as if it were another beer. Not everything in moderation is good for you... it can be killing you slowly.

I do not drink a whole bottle of sniper one time ... did I tell you I want to die? ... I take it in moderation .... one teaspoonful at nights ... and one every morning after breakfast.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
drink sugarless coffee its healthy and will give u the energy needed
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
BabaAgba79:

My dear bodies difder. I take alcohol everyday. I have ulcer. But not chronic. I go for test every six months for liver, kidney. I do sugar every month. My body is used to alcohol at least a bottle daily after work. I dont feel ulcer until I take peppered soup or peppered fish but not chronic. I started mananing ulcer 2017 because of lime taking and pain killer. I stopped lime, lemon, pain killers and peace ensued.

Thanks for this. Lemon also did damage to me, when one lady dietician recommended I take 4-6 cups of lemon water for a health Issue I was dealing with at the time. It helped with the issue, but then my ulcer became worse. Lemon, lime are very acidic.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Eviana(f): 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
thesicilian:
Being an introvert is not the same as being antisocial. The difference is usually in the kind of people around whom you're comfortable. If your mind or your nature doesn't carry any kind of social interaction, there's no need to "force it" with alcohol or energy drinks. The ideal thing to do is to find the optimal social environments you can thrive in without chemical enhancement.
Besides energy drinks are also not too good for peptic ulcer patients. There are a lot of mature non alcoholic drinks and wines to choose from

Very well stated....
P.S. Your signature is perfect, I might add.

There are much deeper issues here, that neither an energy drink nor alcohol can cure.
No such thing as moderation...shouldn't even drink it one time. Coconut water, an alternative, would do wonders for him.
Energy drink ingredients (which he is getting some sort of a "high" off of--due to massive amounts of sugar & caffeine) will kill a person...just as alcohol will....slowly, but definitely surely.
"Red Bull" and "Monster" are the worst.

CC: kay29000

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by porthouse7(f): 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
fastseo:
Alcohol, energy drink and most carbonated drink put the liver and other organ at stress and it takes days to take this toxic out. If you are suffering from any chronic disease you might be asked to stay from this drink. If u have any liver disease you will be asked to stay off this completely.
Another thing you should be concerned is salt, magi and fried stuff .... Excess of this are bad to the body .

Best oil to cook your meal is olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil because they actually withstand high temperature and are not cancerous and good for the heart.

The best drink is water, and you should try and take a glass every hour even when u are not tasty. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables

If you want to stay healthy and leave long life you should ensure you watch what you eat now.... Liver, kidney, heart etc should not be put under durex by this nonsense junk we eat cos they slowly harm

my papa does all d wrong eating and drinking habit and he's still very strong at 80yrs, make people enjoy jare
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by ogascomax: 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Energy drinks are killers. They are bad, very bad. The best drink in the world is water. If you want to live healthy take good proportion of water daily.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Jackanda1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Dude, I never said I wanted to be an extrovert. I'm cool with being introverted, but some times (once or twice a month), I find myself in gatherings where I need to do a little more talking and mingling than usual.
Does energy drink boost your social interaction? I'm asking as an introvert too
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by UniqueDennis(m): 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Eviana(f): 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
fastseo:

Extremely well stated.....
I agree 100 percent.

CC: kay29000
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jackanda1:
Does energy drink boost your social interaction? I'm asking as an introvert too

Yes it does...at least for me. I don't know about other people. But please, don't start taking it because of this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father Of Four, Chris Ozobia Commits Suicide In Enugu / What Is This White Spots On My Penis? / "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.