Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:58 PM

Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? (31950 Views)

Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? / A 21-year-old Man Who Drank 4 Energy Drinks A Day Hospitalized / Does Taking Medicines With Soft Drinks Really Cause Heart Stone? If Yes, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
FavouredNK:

If you keep attacking every one's response in this manner I wonder why you brought the thread in the first because definitely you are bound to recieve both positive and negative responses in every thread. Yet you keep attacking the raw truth, if you so have the answer why then did you disturb our peaceful sunday rest with your question?

Lol! I only responded that way to two people. The first guy triggered me. I'm not usually like that.

I've gotten more than a dozen positive and useful responses so far.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
shogotermies:

Excess intake of energy is bad, but a dozen in 7 month is fair.
I don't miss alcohol oo. I get scared to try it out after all ulcer did to me. I like my life.

Lol! Me too. I was hospitalized for three weeks... I dey fear alcohol pass anything these days. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by blowjohn(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Everything is bad if taken in excess of its proper consumption.

You may consult your physician on how much is enough for you to consume in a day or week or month or so.

What kind of physician?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by blowjohn(m): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Mostly caffeine and sugar. I know that. I just wanted people to speak more on this. People drink coffee every day...some people drink juices with high sugar content every day...so what's the big deal with one can of redbull or climax once a week.

Mostly? Go do ur research well.

U need all the lecture cos u brought up the topic. Stop being stubborn.

2 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by fastseo: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
porthouse7:
my papa does all d wrong eating and drinking habit and he's still very strong at 80yrs, make people enjoy jare
Actually there are some if not all diseases or infection that our body immune system actually tries to put under control example is those who are suffering from hepatitis b... Those who contacted this virus and aren't able to clear it within 6 months are mostly children and adult who are heavy smoker and drinker because the body immune system has been compromise by alcohol and that of children they haven't gotten a better immune system to handle it. Any adult who are living a healthy lifestyle will clear it 99.9%.

Your body immune system is your first line of defense against disease and should be taken serious. All vaccine you are taking from birth are aimed to teach your immune system how to recognised those diseases and respond to them by killing affected cell.
Alcohol affects this immune, put your liver at great stress and could result to cirrhosis which is the end point of fibrosis.

Please and please leave a healthy lifestyle, don't use your life to compare with others who are lucky to get away with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by blowjohn(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
NUJABEZ:
Energy drinks will really really mess you you up. I am a living witness. If you don't want to develop hypertension or have a sudden cardiac arrest in your youth, flee from energy drinks.

If you want to die from sudden aortic tears with no underlying cause apart from the fact that energy drink made your heart pump ten days worth of blood in 20 seconds. Drink on.

If you want your di.ck to die. Drink on.

If you want to be eternally restless, dependent upon a fix of energy drink at all times to be normal, drink on.

Truly, those drinks are evil, I am a survivor, flee.

If u tell the op he or she will tell u she doesn't need all the lecture.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by anonymuz(m): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:
I want to know if energy drinks like Climax, Redbull, Fearless are really that bad. I was advised to reduce my alcohol intake last year April after a serious Ulcer incidence, so I decided to give up alcohol. I haven't taken alcohol since then, but occasionally, I take Climax or Redbull energy drink when I hang out with friends. So, yesterday, when I wanted to order for Climax, this guy seated next to me (a friend of a friend), started talking about how bad energy drinks were. He advised I take juice instead, or Malt. Mind you, this guy was taken raw liquor.

I'm very antisocial, and an introvert. Alcohol always set me in the right mood back in the day, but now that I don't take it, I really don't like how I am when everyone else around me is in high spirit, from taken alcohol, so I decided to take energy drinks once in a while...like just one a week. But I've been hearing about how bad they are. How bad are they really, if one takes just a can a week?
This is just me in another person. I stopped alcohol on 2nd Jan. due to ulcer too.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
NUJABEZ:
Energy drinks will really really mess you you up. I am a living witness. If you don't want to develop hypertension or have a sudden cardiac arrest in your youth, flee from energy drinks.

If you want to die from sudden aortic tears with no underlying cause apart from the fact that energy drink made your heart pump ten days worth of blood in 20 seconds. Drink on.

If you want your di.ck to die. Drink on.

If you want to be eternally restless, dependent upon a fix of energy drink at all times to be normal, drink on.

Truly, those drinks are evil, I am a survivor, flee.

You're 100% correct.... especially the part where you said that the drink makes the heart pump 10 days worth of blood in 20 seconds.

I noticed this when I drank Fearless once. The way my heart was beating....if you don't listen carefully, you may not notice it.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by anonymuz(m): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
As I have to stop alcohol, how do I boost myself amidst people?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by faceland: 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
I hate fearless (it is like liquid poop)...

It is the day you drink an expired cold energy drink that you would know it is poison.

It is like smoking, you can get 'addicted' to the gas or sugar (I don't know what exactly), you can easily form an habit of drinking it.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by anonymuz(m): 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Lol! Me too. I was hospitalized for three weeks... I dey fear alcohol pass anything these days. Lol
what really happened and what kind of alcohol do you use to take?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by MadamExcellency: 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
The worst place to solicit this type of advice is Nairaland. Childish rants and moronic experiences are not scientifically proven to cause harm or save a life.

Please use Google or Quora.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by porthouse7(f): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
fastseo:

Actually there are some if not all diseases or infection that our body immune system actually tries to put under control example is those who are suffering from hepatitis b... Those who contacted this virus and aren't able to clear it within 6 months are mostly children and adult who are heavy smoker and drinker because the body immune system has been compromise by alcohol and that of children they haven't gotten a better immune system to handle it. Any adult who are living a healthy lifestyle will clear it 99.9%.

Your body immune system is your first line of defense against disease and should be taken serious. All vaccine you are taking from birth are aimed to teach your immune system how to recognised those diseases and respond to them by killing affected cell.
Alcohol affects this immune, put your liver at great stress and could result to cirrhosis which is the end point of fibrosis.

Please and please leave a healthy lifestyle, don't use your life to compare with others who are lucky to get away with it.

go and drink water and veggies alone, that's ur business
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Youngqueen(f): 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:
I want to know if energy drinks like Climax, Redbull, Fearless are really that bad. I was advised to reduce my alcohol intake last year April after a serious Ulcer incidence, so I decided to give up alcohol. I haven't taken alcohol since then, but occasionally, I take Climax or Redbull energy drink when I hang out with friends. So, yesterday, when I wanted to order for Climax, this guy seated next to me (a friend of a friend), started talking about how bad energy drinks were. He advised I take juice instead, or Malt. Mind you, this guy was taken raw liquor.

I'm very antisocial, and an introvert. Alcohol always set me in the right mood back in the day, but now that I don't take it, I really don't like how I am when everyone else around me is in high spirit, from taken alcohol, so I decided to take energy drinks once in a while...like just one a week. But I've been hearing about how bad they are. How bad are they really, if one takes just a can a week?

Extremely bad! Run! The amount of sugar un a can is half a glass cup. Follow aproko doc on Facebook or insta and search for the video on energy drink. You'll be amazed. Pls for your life...run from alcohol and energy drink. Drink water instead. Stay alive

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by ayenale1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
From peoples point of view
Energy drinks are bad
Alcohol is bad
Carbonated drinks are bad
Hope beer is good...more enlightenment pls on beer
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Pearl1910: 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
Caffeine and sugar with little miligrams of other unharmful contents.
Not different from taking coffee, tea and soda. So if u are taking it ones or twice a week then it isn't bad at all.

2 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by faceland: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Mostly caffeine and sugar. I know that. I just wanted people to speak more on this. People drink coffee every day...some people drink juices with high sugar content every day...so what's the big deal with one can of redbull or climax once a week.

It is really the content and concentration... I have taken 12 T-spoon of coffee once and I was so HIGHT that I had to lie on my back and stretch to slow down my racing heart.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by lugado: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bros all drinks are poisonous when taken excessively including water. So choose and drink your poison wisely

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Nehyooh(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
H2O na my best drink ooo
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Dollarpo92(f): 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Energy drinks are ment to be taken just once per day because of the caffeine level. And addiction is not good

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
anonymuz:
what really happened and what kind of alcohol do you use to take?

I used to take stout... Guinness stout, Legend stout... Some times, i might take straight liqor if I'm at an event and there is no beer. The night before the incident, I took Star... And my guy couldn't finish his smirnoff ice beer, and I helped him finish it. We only took one bottle each. The following day, in the evening, I took legend. I started feeling woozy in the head on the walk home. I took only one bottle, so it was funny to me.

To cut the long story short, I passed out that night, and ended up in the hospital. I had internal bleeding from the ulcer...upper GI bleeding. I bled internally, uncontrollably for like 11 days I spent some weeks hospitalized.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Greatdand007(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
fastseo:
Alcohol, energy drink and most carbonated drink put the liver and other organ at stress and it takes days to take this toxic out. If you are suffering from any chronic disease you might be asked to stay from this drink. If u have any liver disease you will be asked to stay off this completely.
Another thing you should be concerned is salt, magi and fried stuff .... Excess of this are bad to the body .

Best oil to cook your meal is olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil because they actually withstand high temperature and are not cancerous and good for the heart.

The best drink is water, and you should try and take a glass every hour even when u are not tasty. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables

If you want to stay healthy and leave long life you should ensure you watch what you eat now.... Liver, kidney, heart etc should not be put under durex by this nonsense junk we eat cos they slowly harm

Those oil you mention cost die

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
blowjohn:

Mostly? Go do ur research well.

U need all the lecture cos u brought up the topic. Stop being stubborn.

Lol. Okay.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
Youngqueen:

Extremely bad! Run! The amount of sugar un a can is half a glass cup. Follow aproko doc on Facebook or insta and search for the video on energy drink. You'll be amazed. Pls for your life...run from alcohol and energy drink. Drink water instead. Stay alive

Chai! Life will be so boring, but I just have to follow this rule.

2 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
faceland:

It is really the content and concentration... I have taken 12 T-spoon of coffee once and I was so HIGHT that I had to lie on my back and stretch to slow down my racing heart.

Wow
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by thesicilian: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
treatise:

It appears you're a rude individual or averse to divergent views. The guy didn't attack your person nor contradict your persona as your perceive it. His submission was for people in this forum or were you seeking validation of your belief ?
The thing tire me o bros.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
Greatdand007:

Those oil you mention cost die

Very true. I remember when I was trying to do the whole healthy eating thing, very small coconut oil bottle that would be enough for just 2-3 meals for a bachelor was 1k2....groundnut oil of that size was 80 naira at the time.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Dollarpo92:
Energy drinks are ment to be taken just once per day because of the caffeine level. And addiction is not good

I take one a week.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Exceed15: 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
At certain age some food/ drinks should be reduced.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by shogotermies(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Exactly, I hope people get to understand that some things will only harm you and leave no benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by treatise: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
thesicilian:

The thing tire me o bros.
grin

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by dominic17: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
No one has ever told me energy drink is bad until I felt it myself, I like hanging out every day and I always take beer each time I hang out until I was told I have high blood sugar level and need to curtail sugar intake.This made me to stop taking beer and started taking energy drink, One day I went out as usual and requested for energy drink,immediately I drank it my body system was messed up I felt real bad.I had to google the sugar content and discovered it has very high sugar content I urinated through that day I couldn't sleep at night, since that day I have stopped taking it.
kay29000:

The thing is, every time someone tells me energy drink is bad for me, I ask them why, they seem not to always have an answer. It's like they just heard someone say it, and they started repeating it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG / Female Genital Health And Hygiene: What Females Should Know / Man Sitting In The Middle Of The Road With His Sick Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.