Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? (32231 Views)

Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? / A 21-year-old Man Who Drank 4 Energy Drinks A Day Hospitalized / Does Taking Medicines With Soft Drinks Really Cause Heart Stone? If Yes, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by anonymuz(m): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

I used to take stout... Guinness stout, Legend stout... Some times, i might take straight liqor if I'm at an event and there is no beer. The night before the incident, I took Star... And my guy couldn't finish his smirnoff ice beer, and I helped him finish it. We only took one bottle each. The following day, in the evening, I took legend. I started feeling woozy in the head on the walk home. I took only one bottle, so it was funny to me.

To cut the long story short, I passed out that night, and ended up in the hospital. I had internal bleeding from the ulcer...upper GI bleeding. I bled internally, uncontrollably for like 11 days I spent some weeks hospitalized.
e be like say I go end alcohol be that o. How long have you stopped now. Mine was,I vomited for 2 days each time I eat anything. I took tequila about 4 shorts
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by BIXYBABE: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Supa Komando
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
dominic17:
No one has ever told me energy drink is bad until I felt it myself, I like hanging out every day and I always take beer each time I hang out until I was told I have high blood sugar level and need to curtail sugar intake.This made me to stop taking beer and started taking energy drink, One day I went out as usual and requested for energy drink,immediately I drank it my body system was messed up I felt real bad.I had to google the sugar content and discovered it has very high sugar content I urinated through that day I couldn't sleep at night, since that day I have stopped taking it.

Hmm... Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
anonymuz:
e be like say I go end alcohol be that o. How long have you stopped now. Mine was,I vomited for 2 days each time I eat anything. I took tequila about 4 shorts

Hmm... Like 8 months now.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by anonymuz(m): 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Hmm... Like 8 months now.
wow. This is strong o. But I will try. It's just that I will be bored kind of

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by emanobis(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
I have read an article sometime ago about all these energy drinks and their adverse effects.

You do yourself the good of asking same question on Google, I believe you will get quite a good response to that

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by anonymuz(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:
I want to know if energy drinks like Climax, Redbull, Fearless are really that bad. I was advised to reduce my alcohol intake last year April after a serious Ulcer incidence, so I decided to give up alcohol. I haven't taken alcohol since then, but occasionally, I take Climax or Redbull energy drink when I hang out with friends. So, yesterday, when I wanted to order for Climax, this guy seated next to me (a friend of a friend), started talking about how bad energy drinks were. He advised I take juice instead, or Malt. Mind you, this guy was taken raw liquor.

I'm very antisocial, and an introvert. Alcohol always set me in the right mood back in the day, but now that I don't take it, I really don't like how I am when everyone else around me is in high spirit, from taken alcohol, so I decided to take energy drinks once in a while...like just one a week. But I've been hearing about how bad they are. How bad are they really, if one takes just a can a week?
how did you stopped. Did started with reducing the intake or you stopped outrightly?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by LongBig(m): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Can you consume 6 spoons of sugar? That is the amount of sugar most of these energy drinks contain. So choose wisely

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by ojogbengasamuel: 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:
Thanks, I didn't need all the lecture though.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
anonymuz:
wow. This is strong o. But I will try. It's just that I will be bored kind of

Mehn! I won't lie to you, life will be sooo boring.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by ojogbengasamuel: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:
I took fearless yesterday and experience wasn't good at all.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2023
LongBig:
Can you consume 6 spoons of sugar? That is the amount of sugar most of these energy drinks contain. So choose wisely

What's the amount of sugar in coke?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2023
ojogbengasamuel:
I took fearless yesterday and experience wasn't good at all.

How was it? Describe it.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
anonymuz:
how did you stopped. Did started with reducing the intake or you stopped outrightly?

I stopped the night I passed out and ended in the hospital. And the funny was that, I took only one bottle that night. I still don't know the main thing that caused the ulcer bleeding.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by mukthar2000(m): 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
, I really don't like how I am when everyone else around me is in high spirit,

Oga most u be in high spirit with them? Is better for u to take just bottle water to have long life , than trying to join friends to go high spirit with short life, op save ur life from alcohol harm pls.
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by 79733139(m): 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
A can of Redbull is like taking three or four sachets of Nescafé black coffee (N50) all at once. And there is also another stimulatant asides caffeine in energy drinks. I took regularly for a period it when I was in my 20s but I stopped when it aggravated my migraines. Learn how to be social with people in a calm, suave and laid back vibe.... you don't need alcohol or energy drinks to be cool.

kay29000:
I want to know if energy drinks like Climax, Redbull, Fearless are really that bad. I was advised to reduce my alcohol intake last year April after a serious Ulcer incidence, so I decided to give up alcohol. I haven't taken alcohol since then, but occasionally, I take Climax or Redbull energy drink when I hang out with friends. So, yesterday, when I wanted to order for Climax, this guy seated next to me (a friend of a friend), started talking about how bad energy drinks were. He advised I take juice instead, or Malt. Mind you, this guy was taken raw liquor.

I'm very antisocial, and an introvert. Alcohol always set me in the right mood back in the day, but now that I don't take it, I really don't like how I am when everyone else around me is in high spirit, from taken alcohol, so I decided to take energy drinks once in a while...like just one a week. But I've been hearing about how bad they are. How bad are they really, if one takes just a can a week?

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by anonymuz(m): 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Mehn! I won't lie to you, life will be sooo boring.
I stopped for 14 days straight last year. But it wasn't easy and most of the time I go out to drink ow when I am upset. I tends to call myself with a bottle or a shorts of whiskey. O have not had alcohol since on the 2nd but to be sincere it's not that easy. And a good red wine to substitute is around 4k. For this naija.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by LongBig(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

What's the amount of sugar in coke?

Coke dey learn bro! Go and verify
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by clydecarson(m): 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Okay.

By the way, how many cans/bottles of energy drink were you consuming weekly?

5....it doesn't matter if you take it for two days just stop anything that contains caffeine
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Buksaylor: 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy

Just see the response someone that asked a question is giving to someone that took time to answer his question undecided

How do you want that guy that responded to you to feel now?

If people avoid giving contributions how will the forum grow?

You asked for suggestions. And you're vthis aggressive..SMH!
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by dchamp234(m): 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy

Just see the response someone that asked a question is giving to someone that took time to answer his question undecided

Same thing I thought, I feel sorry for that dude..
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by darediamond(m): 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
kay29000:

Bluntly speaking, if you do not want CANCEROUS DISEASE, avoid those junk drinks.
If you wanna Shark and Nerry, buy Grape,Pineapple and a Guinguin which is a type of Orange.

Get them juice and leave to ferment for a day or two in a corked Bottle.

Even Pineapple juice and Sugar will do.

The best is ordinary GuinGuin juice in a corked bottle or tightly covered bottle or container.

Avoid artificial drinks at all cost. Avoid CANCER!!!!!
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by space9880: 12:18am On Jan 16, 2023
kay29000:

smoke w**d instead
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by KRAWDEL(f): 1:33am On Jan 16, 2023
kay29000:

Energy drinks contain caffeine which can trigger high blood pressure in people that take it. I know someone(very young) that developed high blood pressure because of this so called energy drinks. The person is on BP drugs till today
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Probz(m): 4:22am On Jan 16, 2023
kay29000:

These people are trying to help you and give you the quality advice you’re asking for and you’re calling it lecturing? Could you get any ruder?
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Probz(m): 4:24am On Jan 16, 2023
thesicilian:
Being an introvert is not the same as being antisocial. The difference is usually in the kind of people around whom you're comfortable. If your mind or your nature doesn't carry any kind of social interaction, there's no need to "force it" with alcohol or energy drinks. The ideal thing to do is to find the optimal social environments you can thrive in without chemical enhancement.
Besides energy drinks are also not too good for peptic ulcer patients. There are a lot of mature non alcoholic drinks and wines to choose from

True but this guy actually is antisocial in the sense of being rude for no reason. Well done for chipping in and giving him a quality answer, ’though, even if he doesn’t know how to value it.

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Bigchristo: 5:18am On Jan 16, 2023
kay29000:

Both the energy drinks and juice they produce in Nigeria are bad they’re killing people with high sugar content, imagine drinking Pepsi with 17grams of sugar same goes to energy drinks and other soft drinks if you want to drink anything I advise you to drink water

1 Like

Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by kay29000(m): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2023
KRAWDEL:
Energy drinks contain caffeine which can trigger high blood pressure in people that take it. I know someone(very young) that developed high blood pressure because of this so called energy drinks. The person is on BP drugs till today

Whoa
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by tofolo(m): 8:55am On Jan 16, 2023
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy

you dey mind am, if nobody had replied him now he will still look for quarrel... undecided
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by Hollyharjii: 10:32am On Jan 16, 2023
oloriooko:
I have been strongly advised against taking it but when I did I realized the advise was on point. If alcohol taker advises you against taking it, bro use your tongue count your teeth

'use your tongue count your teeth' off me ooo
Re: Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Energy drink gives you false energy just like smoking gives you false highness,but eventually leave you with future side effects. Dont take it too often like water,if you love your health,because these things are produced with hyper active chemicals. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Declares 90 Travellers From India, Brazil, Turkey Wanted / World AIDS Day: African Countries With The Highest Number Of HIV/AIDS Patients / Children Suffering From Meningitis Lying On The Floor In Zamfara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.